What was your favorite psychedelic song ?

UncleHerb

Remembering back to all the great bands I saw in the late 60's-early 70's, I must mention Johnny Winter. Man, what a great slide guitar player! I remember seeing him on stage when he took off his vest (pre-tattoo years) and the light show turned his skin into a swirling mass of colors. Coupled with his tremendous guitar and a hit of orange sunshine made it most memorable. Remember the "Second Winter" album? Johnny and his brother Edgar really got it on together. I wonder what the odds are of having 2 albino kids in the same family are?

UncleHerb,

chucku

Charles Urbane
In the early eighties I went to see The Fabulous Thunderbirds and Johnny Winter. It was in a crowded, sweaty club with the bar all the way in the back and there was like an 1 1/2 hour between sets. The crowd was getting ugly, kind of like the country bar in Blues Brothers without the chicken wire. Johnny came on stage playing Highway 61 Revisited. Everything was cool after that.

chucku,

masejl12

I would definitely say Pink Floyd - Shine on you crazy diamond, echoes being my 2nd favorite. The song has such a story to it given its a tribute to Syd. There are many parts to it but I enjoy the live version from their Pulse concert in 1994. Check it out at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyqgjCKm9nQ . Your missin out if you haven't seen this, seriously. Their concerts are truly trippy with the lights and famous huge circle projector screen.

masejl12,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
masejl12 said:
I would definitely say Pink Floyd - Shine on you crazy diamond, echoes being my 2nd favorite. The song has such a story to it given its a tribute to Syd. There are many parts to it but I enjoy the live version from their Pulse concert in 1994. Check it out at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyqgjCKm9nQ . Your missin out if you haven't seen this, seriously. Their concerts are truly trippy with the lights and famous huge circle projector screen.
"Was" doesn't really apply because I still listen to psychedelic music, and there's no "one" favorite, of course - can you imagine if there was?
Right now I'm thinking "Fields of People" from the Move, the album "Shazaam."

jeffp,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Doobie Brothers - Long Train Coming
Jimi - Castles Made of Sand
Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit
Chromeo - Women Friend
Grateful Dead - Sugar Magnolia & Uncle Johns Band
Phish - Free

I am really having a hard time coming up with some solid ones off the top of my head, i'll probably pack a vape on the way to work and scan the IPod for possible add-on's,

IAmKrazy2,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
IAmKrazy2 said:
Doobie Brothers - Long Train Coming
Jimi - Castles Made of Sand
Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit
Chromeo - Women Friend
Grateful Dead - Sugar Magnolia & Uncle Johns Band
Phish - Free

I am really having a hard time coming up with some solid ones off the top of my head, i'll probably pack a vape on the way to work and scan the IPod for possible add-on's,
Here's a solid one: the entire album, "Electric Music for Mind and Body," Country Joe and the Fish

jeffp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
DevoTheStrange said:
I like the whole album Forever Changes by Love...
Yes, I love that album also.
A great stoned album is David Crosby's "If I could only remember my name"

Actually the Dukes of Stratosphere (really XTC) is fantastic LSD music.

and Hawkwind, "Hall of the Mountain Grill" left an indelible impression in my cranium so to speak....

Not sure if "Pet Sounds" is psychedelic but it was the main influence in the creation of "Sgt. Pepper" and I consider that album to be a world onto itself.

jeffp,

chucku

Charles Urbane
Grateful Dead - Terrapin, St. Stephen>The Eleven, New Potato Caboose, That's it for the Other One, Weather Report Suite, Morning Dew and Dark Star

Tripping at Weir and Wasserman (Easy to Slip) opening for JGB (Tangled Up in Blue)

Tripping to Art Ensemble of Chicago (album Full Force)

Yes - Close to the Edge, Starship Trooper

Return to Forever - tripping from the gallery of the acoustically perfect Auditorium Theatre, it seems as if you are suspended directly over the stage

chucku,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
cool - FH here...
thought i was the only vaporist from queens.... except those that learned about it through me...
aside from music what vape is your preference?

jeffp,

McSmokin

Mike
Well im fairly new to the vape world, i've tried it acouple times since May at my friends house in L.I, but im now convinced on getting a SSV hopefully by next week. Ive read alot of good reviews on it, looks like you have one yourself :D any input before i get it , would be gladly appreciated , oh your not that far im by Ozone Park right off the jackie rob :peace:

McSmokin,

chucku

Charles Urbane
McSmokin, JeffP

Come to Chicago and try hot dogs and pizza as God intended (and also italian beef).

chucku,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
McSmokin said:
Well im fairly new to the vape world, i've tried it acouple times since May at my friends house in L.I, but im now convinced on getting a SSV hopefully by next week. Ive read alot of good reviews on it, looks like you have one yourself :D any input before i get it , would be gladly appreciated , oh your not that far im by Ozone Park right off the jackie rob :peace:
funny you should mention SSV - some guy in flushing has a SSV on craigslist for (asking) $175 with the hands free adapter... you should grab it if that's what you want.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/for/1274470115.html

jeffp,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
PS - SSV is very good although I prefer the Purple Days - SSV gives you heavier hits and is more appropriate for sharing with friends, the Purple Days is ideal for personal use but you can't go wrong with either.

There is an encyclopedia amount of info on different vaporizers on this board so you should check it out - the SSV on craigslist is probably a great deal if you can get it for 150 or less.

jeffp,

McSmokin

Mike
chucku , no pizza can compare to a new york slice :D

JeffP, Thanks man for the find , im gonna look into it . I was thinking about purchasing one off GotVape a black one with the green bottom and have one of my graff friends trick it out with some hot designs. Where did you get your SSV from?

McSmokin,

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
i got mine directly from the manufacturer, 7th floor.
i don't use my ssv much - just when a bunch of friends come over.
it's a great vape - it was my first "real" vaporizer....

another good option if you want something new that's less expensive - i understand that the vapor cannon is
excellent, but i've never used one.

if you don't feel like spending hours on this forum reading articles - if you want the short lecture - go to the chat room and there's always a few people hanging around that
could give you very knowledgeable info about the SSV and other vapes...

jeffp,

McSmokin

Mike
thanks well ive only tried the SSV that my friend has and a light bulb one but imma look into that. Now i cant wait to purchase my SSV.

McSmokin,

The Timid Pimp

Persuasion - Throbbing Gristle
When The Music's Over - The Doors
Mushroom - Can (Pretty much all of Tago Mago is insane. This was when people first realized that ridiculous amounts of delay could blow your mind when you're tripping/high)

The Timid Pimp,

owin

The first time I ever ate shrooms I listened to the album Return to the Sea by Islands. I'm not sure if it was intended to be a trippy album but I listened to the entire album like 5 or 6 times while tripping. It was amazing. To this day when I hear that album I feel like I'm on shrooms.

Also after listening to the songs you guys have listed I have decided today is a good day to eat the last of my shrooms. Thank you for the inspiration.

owin,
Top Bottom