What vape is right for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

obelysk

So I'm looking to pick up a new vape and have read many reviews and such and can't pick between a few.

-Pax
-Davinci Ascent
-Wispr
-Inhalater XP
-Iolite

Basically I want what ever one is overall better and packs the best punch and nicest vapor.

Also if anyone has experience with these vapes, do some of them cause more of a smell than others?

Any opinions are welcome!

Thanks for any help,

mod note: Moved from Portable Thread Candidates to Ask FC. Please get acquainted with the forum layout before placing your thread.

Last edited:
obelysk,

max

Out to lunch
Overall better is a matter of opinion and all vapor is equally nice, as in there's no one device that can deliver 'better vapor' than others. As for punch, can't help you there via experience, since I haven't used them all, but I assume you mean thick vapor, as in a high vapor/air ratio. I also assume that you want a pocket portable, since that's what's on your list.

I would get the Ascent, but only after making sure the latest owner survey gave it the thumbs up. It's had it's problems, but I believe it's a good company. I've used a DaVinci since they first came out and have been very happy with it.

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
So I'm looking to pick up a new vape and have read many reviews and such and can't pick between a few.

-Pax
-Davinci Ascent
-Wispr
-Inhalater XP
-Iolite

Basically I want what ever one is overall better and packs the best punch and nicest vapor.

Thanks for any help,

mod note: Moved from Portable Thread Candidates to Ask FC. Please get acquainted with the forum layout before placing your thread.
I think you'd find among most user surveys that the Arizer Solo takes ultra-high honors for being portable, efficient, very effective (punch & great vapor!), versatile, and reasonably priced.

smokie

Out of your list I would choose the ascent. But agree you should look at solo as it's a great vape and a lot cheaper than ascent.
I have the ascent and solo and both are good vape's

shadyonedeath

Try an Arizer Solo.
Solid tool for the peace-of-mind user. I you want something that can withstand accidental drops onto concrete, basically almost break proof, grab a Solo.

+1

shadyonedeath,
Reactions: Snappo

BrownMagician

I would narrow your choices hands down to the arizer solo and davinci accent,

Those IMO are the best 2 portable vapes out because of the glass pathways.

Given these are the top ranked vaporizers for getting you high and taste amazing they both have downfalls.

Arizer solo stem becomes loose after using several times

And the accent has 2 glass tubes connecting to each other because the glass tube is concealed within the device, this creates a little bit of air gap because it uses 2 tubes creating a less thick less dense vapor.

You can't go wrong with either or at all

Davinci if you want that extra portability and arizer if you want that thick vapor cloud.

But keep in mind davinci accent has really cool temp functions where u can set the exact temp your herb is at whereas arizer had 7 different temp settings, I also noticed the accent giving off a weird smell during use but maybe that was just me.

BrownMagician,
Reactions: weedemon

natural farmer

-Pax
-Davinci Ascent
-Wispr
-Inhalater XP
-Iolite

Also if anyone has experience with these vapes, do some of them cause more of a smell than others?

Thanks for any help,

Forget all these, do yourself a favor and get a Lotus! ;) It packs the best punch and nicest vapor of them all! Solo included…

natural farmer,
Reactions: FrogBoy138

olivianewtonjohn

I would narrow your choices hands down to the arizer solo and davinci accent,

Those IMO are the best 2 portable vapes out because of the glass pathways.

Given these are the top ranked vaporizers for getting you high and taste amazing they both have downfalls.

Arizer solo stem becomes loose after using several times

And the accent has 2 glass tubes connecting to each other because the glass tube is concealed within the device, this creates a little bit of air gap because it uses 2 tubes creating a less thick less dense vapor.

You can't go wrong with either or at all

Davinci if you want that extra portability and arizer if you want that thick vapor cloud.

But keep in mind davinci accent has really cool temp functions where u can set the exact temp your herb is at whereas arizer had 7 different temp settings, I also noticed the accent giving off a weird smell during use but maybe that was just me.
You try a hightemp silicone washer? fixes the lose stem!

weedemon

enthusiast
So the OP lists a bunch of pocket portables and gets swamped with recommendations for... the Solo? :lol:

Not that it matters much, he hasn't been back since making his post.

he probably can't even find it (this thread). I bet he's thinking wtf? Where has my post is gone?? he's new to the board, and his post was moved to here afterall.

I also agree with the onsider the solo advice though. :) kinda funny cause it's one he didn't ask about... but when I see Iolite products in the list I feel the user hasn't been the best informed to begin with. That or they are European. ;) (Iolite surely has a much larger presence in the eu scene i'm sure. just like storz and bickel also) [not a bash on our eu members at all]

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
he probably can't even find it (this thread). I bet he's thinking wtf? Where has my post is gone?? he's new to the board, and his post was moved to here afterall.

I also agree with the onsider the solo advice though. :) kinda funny cause it's one he didn't ask about... but when I see Iolite products in the list I feel the user hasn't been the best informed to begin with. That or they are European. ;) (Iolite surely has a much larger presence in the eu scene i'm sure. just like storz and bickel also) [not a bash on our eu members at all]

When a thread is moved, there is usually a link left to it for a few days. In a case like this, I typically set it to last 3 days. I don't know what max did but the default is one day. It's a moot point, because as I said, the OP hasn't come back since making his post.

Do you suppose it is even remotely possible that he didn't mention the Solo because he wanted a pocket vapourizer? (Rhetorical question.)

pakalolo,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

max

Out to lunch
weedemon said:
The OP has not even returned to the forum since the day he started the thread (which was the day he registered here). If he had, even after the redirect expired, it would have taken only a single grain of common sense and a few min. of searching, at the most, to find his thread. The fact that he placed it in portable thread candidates in the first place says a lot.

We're not going to cater to new members who don't take the time to figure out the layout of the forum and/or can't remember that they asked a question.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
If you consider the wispr to be pocketable then you have to consider the solo to be pocketable also. The OP asked for the one the packed the biggest punch not which is most pocket friendly so I think all the solo recommendations are very much on point.

The Solo is 11.4 cm (4.5") tall without a stem, the Wispr is 8.9 cm (3.5"). The Solo weighs 220 g (7.8 oz) while the Wispr is only 126 g (4.5 oz). The Solo is 4.4 cm (1.75") in diameter, the Wispr is 3.8 cm (1.5") thick. I own a Solo and I do not consider it pocket-friendly at all. I didn't realize the Wispr was quite so bulky but those dimensions are still a lot more pocketable.

pakalolo,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

clouded vision

If you consider the volume of each unit, you will see that the solo is actually significantly smaller than the wispr
solo: 4.5*3.14(1.75/2)^2=10.8 cu. in.
wispr: 3.5*3.5*1.5=18.375 cu. in.
That being said I totally agree that the solo is not very pocket friendly. You definitely can, and I have, carry the solo in your pocket but it is no where near as comfortable as carrying my cera (or most other portables). Based on the dimensions though, the wispr is even less pocket friendly.

clouded vision,
Reactions: Caligula

max

Out to lunch
pakalolo said:
I didn't realize the Wispr was quite so bulky but those dimensions are still a lot more pocketable.
Plus it qualifies as a pocket vape in that you can pull it out, hit it, and then put it back in your pocket. With the Solo you have to attach a loaded stem, then remove it and worry about a hot, loaded stem.

clouded vision said:
the wispr is even less pocket friendly.
I distinctly remember being able to put the Wispr in my shirt pocket and take a hit without even removing it.

max,

weedemon

enthusiast
i'm just saying that If i was still a noob I would be confused by it. I found this place kinda strict when I first joined too.

overall im glad it's like it is. seems to keep the trolls out.

weedemon,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
If you consider the wispr to be pocketable then you have to consider the solo to be pocketable also. The OP asked for the one the packed the biggest punch not which is most pocket friendly so I think all the solo recommendations are very much on point.
I carry the WISPR in the back pocket of my levis all the time and don't think that would work with the Solo even with one of Ed's wooden stems. I have also found most people underestimate just how well it works.
The WISPR never fails to satisfy my needs except when I need higher temps for pain.:2c:

RUDE BOY,

clouded vision

I distinctly remember being able to put the Wispr in my shirt pocket and take a hit without even removing it.
You could just as easily do this with a solo. The math doesn't lie, the solo is smaller than the wispr, end of story. Also with the o-ring installed you can pocket the solo with then stem in, I personally wouldn't unless I absolutely needed to but that goes for any session style vape including the wispr. The fact remains that we are getting off topic here. The OP specifically stated

Any opinions are welcome
There is no mention of being able to pocket it. Based on the "packs the best punch", the solo is a perfect fit.

clouded vision,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
clouded vision the form factor (can shape) makes it much less pocketable then the WISPR IMHO but to each their own.

The solo is always a good option when it comes to performance but I don't see it as the "be all end all " vaporizer it is often made out to be when anyone asks "What Vape should I buy?". I know its a solid vape with a good name but still its not one of my favorites, just sayin' different strokes and all.

RUDE BOY,
Reactions: Snappo

max

Out to lunch
You could just as easily do this with a solo. The math doesn't lie, the solo is smaller than the wispr, end of story. Also with the o-ring installed you can pocket the solo with then stem in, I personally wouldn't unless I absolutely needed to but that goes for any session style vape including the wispr. The fact remains that we are getting off topic here. The OP specifically stated

The Solo isn't in the same category with 'pocket vapes' that you can pull out and hit, and then put back in your pocket. Sorry, it just isn't. As for getting off topic, the original topic of this thread doesn't really matter anymore, since the OP has obviously forgotten he even posted a question. If he came back the same day, the redirect was still active. If he didn't return the same day, then he hasn't logged on at all, since the 'last seen' info doesn't lie.

There is no mention of being able to pocket it.
Every vape he listed is a pocket vape.

grokit said:
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the pinnacle pro, which is pocketable, powerful, and versatile.
Good option. Too bad he forgot to come back and check for suggestions.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Since we're now squabbling over the intentions of the OP, something none of us are privvy to, I'm declaring this thread finished. If @obelysk ever comes back this tag will lead him to this thread, and if he doesn't find his answer then he can start a new one in Ask FC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom