What should I do with my ABV?

Peloton

Vapes Hard
Weedemons sticky in the concentrate forum is calling your name.. go check it out YGP

Peloton,

djonkoman

I wish i could get the results some of you report with edibles. I have had completely zero results with edibles. From homemade bud brownies back in the day, to professionally made edibles, none of them have done anything for me. I recently tried a cheeba chew deca dose cause i heard they are the best. Others stating they were passed out high from half the chew had me wanting to try. I popped it in one bite and after waiting, nothing. Ive tried an assortment of candies, snacks, teas and some like full meals with mmj and nothing. I consider them a novelty, almost for fun. They do not have any medicinal value to me.

The butane extraction sounds interesting, i havent heard of doing that with abv just fresh flowers. I am getting close to the 1 oz of abv i was shooting for to begin extraction and researching the best method to use.
I too don't get the full profits with edibles. I can get high from them tough, but I have to eat more as my friends, and at least eat way more as what I would need to get high if I am vaping or smoking it. also I need to be around at least 1 friend, if I eat edibles by myself I can barely distinguish a faint effect, twothird that dosage but with a friend I was really high

so if I do make edibles it's more for friends than myself, I prefer just vaping it but sometimes, especially before birthdays, some friends start asking me if I will bring edibles. if I have enough weed that I don't mind using for it, I will

one pf the cons of edibles for me is that there is a certain point where it becomes hard to get away, I don't know why, at first it tastes good, I don't taste any weedtaste(while friends report it tastes strongly like weed), that at some point it will become hard to swallow, it still tastes the same but somehow I don't like the taste anymore, and it becomes a chore to get more of the edible down my throat.
it's a bit similar to meat that won't se[erate into smaller pieces when chewed, and you have to eventually swallow it as larger masses. the first chunk you swallow easily, but each chunk after that becomes harder to swallow, it just won't go down. that's about the same as I get with edibles, and at the same time I will also feel full
but the amount that I need for a good high from edibles is past this point, so I always have to get it down my throat to get high from it. while with vaping I enjoy the experience itself, not just the high. even combustion is nice as an experience eventough it also hurts my throat

djonkoman,

weedemon

enthusiast
as for your return to get a gram of oil from your abv that is totally dependant on how much goodies are still left in your abv.

for me though one oz of abv gave me 0.5-0.6 grams of oil at the end of it.

yes abv oil will have the sleepy effect you are talking about! it's mostly cbd/cbn and very little thc compared to normal buds.

a little trick i love it to get medicated on cbd rich oil and then introduce some thc into my system. holy shit it put me up in the clouds when i do it!

weedemon,

darkrom

Great Scott!
I made qwiso with mine when I had about an oz of abv. Black goop. I don't do edibles or I'd just make a batch of butter or something.

darkrom,

elpaso420

as for your return to get a gram of oil from your abv that is totally dependant on how much goodies are still left in your abv.

for me though one oz of abv gave me 0.5-0.6 grams of oil at the end of it.

yes abv oil will have the sleepy effect you are talking about! it's mostly cbd/cbn and very little thc compared to normal buds.

a little trick i love it to get medicated on cbd rich oil and then introduce some thc into my system. holy shit it put me up in the clouds when i do it!
WEEDEMON im new to the forum, wanna thank everybody, for I have done crazy research on a few different vapes on here before taking the plunge! but I was hoping maybe you can post the link or a tutorial on how to make the bho with abv then dissolving in ethanol? im tired of making cannabutter with my abv, after a while the taste is repulsive lol but Its hard to let it go to waste

elpaso420,

YoGranMazPimp

I Vapes Hard
I'm preparing for my first extraction soon, I got a oz of abv and a 8th of fresh buds I didn't really like that I wanted to extract also. I guess my first attempt will be qwiso, as i already got the setup ready. But didn't know weather to water wash or not , and how long to soak in ISO for. And can I qwiso fresh buds?

YoGranMazPimp,
gday from WA Mr McGuire! I know someone has already mentioned BadKats canna caps but i'll second ,third and fourth the motion! Try those fuckers out at full strength and youll know all about it! Ive been using an aussie made 'essential oil extraction fluid' which is 95 percent ethanol with a tiny bit of almond and chamomile oil in it. Ill still make brownies, cos with triple washed butter they taste awesome, but if its a full on blast of herbal psychoactivity youre chasing...pop a cap in it! also just wondering if any of you who report no effects from edibles are cancer survivors? I have a friend who survived non hodgkins lymphoma, pre cancer and traetment edibles worked fine on him but after treatment and remission, no effect. And i have shovelled brownies into him like coal to a steam train and still nothing....peace and fog to all

thevapedcrusader,

dorkus_molorkus

I am one of those who rarely get anything significant of edibles. i have however had a couple of bad experiences when I was younger with one type of cookie a friend made using a pressure cooker.

I greened out a couple of times back then, and have found the taste & smell to be a bit much for me ever since. I have had edibles a few times since & have not gotten much of a buzz off anything i consumed.

I just made a batch of cannabutter using about 4oz of abv & 2oz of trim in my crockpot. After 3 hrs i couldnt hack the smell anymore because I was gagging and figured i was going to struggle making anytghing i would be able to eat and keep down.

So, I made cannabutter caps. they are pretty mild. Had 5 caps for breakfast with my coffee & a few bowls to boot.
Got a nice floaty buzz on, very very mild. But better than nothing.

Will have to either keep it longer in the crockpot or do it on the stovetop next time.
I got another 4oz of abv & 3oz of trim left. so I might use extra virgin coconut oil next

dorkus_molorkus,

weedemon

enthusiast
WEEDEMON im new to the forum, wanna thank everybody, for I have done crazy research on a few different vapes on here before taking the plunge! but I was hoping maybe you can post the link or a tutorial on how to make the bho with abv then dissolving in ethanol? im tired of making cannabutter with my abv, after a while the taste is repulsive lol but Its hard to let it go to waste

the link is this:
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/threads/abv-concentrate-experiment-what-method-is-best.4331/

and then, once you have made you ABV-bho you just pour in an oz or so of ethanol into your bho dish. it will all dissolve, and if it wont all dissolve then add more ethanol until it does. (why use more ethanol than you need to right?)

after it's all dissolved i put it into a mason jar to let it sit for 30 min - an hour. longer if you wish, it shouldn't hurt it at all. Usually I can see a cloudy substance floating is suspension, with abv oil it's dark and harder to see than other oils I have done this to.

then filter the ethanol though unbleached coffee filter paper. this will collect any fats and waxes left in your oil.

to purge it I go outside and use an electric skillet with a hot water bath to evap the ethanol. my ethanol contained things to keep people from drinking it to catch a buzz so I had to go to 115 degrees C (I actually went to 125-135 just to be sure!)

when it's evaporating it smells nasty and i wouldn't recommend inhaling it. you will know when your oil is done because the smell that comes off it will change from that gross ethanol smell to a nice abv oil smell.

if you have any questions on the specifics on anything i'd be happy to help a brother out :) message me and i'll help you.

I'm preparing for my first extraction soon, I got a oz of abv and a 8th of fresh buds I didn't really like that I wanted to extract also. I guess my first attempt will be qwiso, as i already got the setup ready. But didn't know weather to water wash or not , and how long to soak in ISO for. And can I qwiso fresh buds?

I really wouldn't bother doing iso to your buds unless you really have no way at all to do a bho extraction. the difference imo is really that significant. I used to do QWiso runs, but once i discovered bho, it was a game changer. the taste is just so much better. (it's all about butane being a non polar solvent, where as most are polar or partially polar)

I think the water cure on the abv QWiso oil was worth the one week wait. to do it up.

darkrom

Great Scott!
*highdea disclaimer. DO NOT DO*

Would it not be theoretically possible to plug (shove up your ass) your ABV and actually have it be one of the most effective ways to use it?

Personally I think this is absolutely insane and I'd gladly give any friend of mine fresh bud if they told me they were desperate enough to try this, but I'm just curious if it would in fact work.

I know that there are drug addicts out there who do this with other drugs that can be consumed orally, so since ABV is active orally, I'd imagine it would work.

I seriously doubt anyone would run out and try this, but its worth noting that it is probably dangerous and simply ridiculous.

darkrom,

weedemon

enthusiast
haha i wonder if it would work too. the intestinal tract is super at absorbing things so maybe it would? abv is already activated too so one less step to worry about if you used that instead of a bud.

not gonna try this though. that's an experiment for another cat this time! haha. ;)

weedemon,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Talk about ABV farts, I can just imagine the blowout :rofl:

But it should work. I know a girl that tried cocaine up the butt and according to her that worked just as quick but even a bit more intense then just snorting it.

You just need a whole lot of ABV up your butt I'm afraid. I usually put 6 to 8 grams in a firecracker or two, that's gonna take quit a lot of stuffing! :uhoh:

I'd go with some black dragon first if you must try this.

OhTheAgony,
Reactions: weedemon

weedemon

enthusiast
haha you guys are funny :p

an you will be most pleased to know I do not own any pets :p haha (i wouldn't experiment on em though anyways if i did!)

weedemon,
Reactions: darkrom

shortwind

Using my MFLB, I accumulate AVB and have made variations on "firecrackers" about 4 or 5 times. I made a batch last night....using about 11 grams of AVB and a cup of oily natural peanut butter. I no longer use chocolate...just graham crackers and peanut butter...it's already highly fattening and I am using it to get "medicated", not as a taste treat. Because I used so much AVB in last nite's adventure, I made each treat about a quarter of a graham cracker in size. Just licking the spoon and measuring cup got me very very very nicely medicated..... FYI, I use a lot of different strains, so my AVB is a mix of stuff. And I still have another 6 or so grams in another container for another batch. But I got over 50 tiny "firecrackers" out of this batch. My firecrackers give me a borderline psychodelic (sp) experience...so I don't drive on them. But excellent when someone else is behind the wheel or at home.

shortwind,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I know some people who would probably be crazy enough to try this... brb

CentiZen,
Reactions: an0maly
Top Bottom