What is your strategy to counteract your high, when U R 2 high

uncanni

I've been having excellent experiences for the past 6 months, and I think a lot of it is due to not getting high with some of the people I used to get high with. Actually, there's only one other person I'll get high with right now, so it's mostly by myself. I'm having the best highs by myself!! I do art, I do cannabis research (just got an extractor machine so I can make top quality concentrates), I write in my personal journal... There's an old Spanish expression that I'll throw a twist on: "Better to get high alone than in bad company."

SillyHerbaloski

expert brain baker
I've learned to just roll with it. If I need to eat a bunch of food, I do exactly that. If I need to chug a bunch of water, well then water it is. I've been basically as high as you can fucking get on a number of occasions and it just doesn't worry me like it used to. You won't die, even if you think you will. I've consumed like a quarter of Super Silver Haze in the form of cookies that I made and the effects were... profound. Or should I say frightening? lol. I blacked out a bit on that one. Saw my vision swaying from side to side. It was very fucking intense. I would not recommend it. No matter how I get these days, it's basically nothing compared to that day so I just roll with it, knowing that it ain't shit and I got this on lock lol.

SillyHerbaloski

expert brain baker
Oh yeah! I want to add something...

So there are times when I'm like "uh-oh, I'm too high." But I want to say that this only seems to happen when I smoke outs. That outdoor weed gets exposed to all kinds of shit, including grass pollen. I'm highly allergic to grass pollen (11/10) and when I smoke nugs from outdoor crops, I sometimes have a bad reaction that has me thinking that I'm too high only to quickly realize that I seem to be having an allergic reaction. That said, I almost strictly vape ins because fuck all that - who wants hives when they're getting high? Not me. And with that in mind, I wonder how many people are actually allergic to nugs? Could it be the case that some people are actually having an adverse reaction for whatever reason, as if to say that there body simply does not agree? I honestly don't think weed is for everyone, just a thought.

Elbuort19

CBD will sort you out. I prefer strains with almost no THC for this purpose. Dabbing or vaping until I'm good to go.

"When CBD is present, it moderates the effects of THC. It actually knocks THC off the CB1 receptor, so if someone is experiencing THC intoxication, a strong dose of CBD can counteract those effects."
Dr. Ralph Mechoulam

Elbuort19,
Reactions: arb

ginolicious

CBD will sort you out. I prefer strains with almost no THC for this purpose. Dabbing or vaping until I'm good to go.

"When CBD is present, it moderates the effects of THC. It actually knocks THC off the CB1 receptor, so if someone is experiencing THC intoxication, a strong dose of CBD can counteract those effects."
Dr. Ralph Mechoulam

Exactly. The CBD helps sober you up. Cbd gives effects. But not the impairment effects that you experience from THC.

Recently I’ve noticed I prefer midrange thc like 10% snd 8% CBD. I just order a 4.6% THC with 10% CBD. Real curious how that’s gonna treat me.

NYChuck

There are a few times where I get really high and then remember I have stuff to do so I vape some CBD liquid I have and it takes the overstonedness away good. I don't know if I would agree with the ibuprofen remedy. I take a daily dose of prescription strength from a pharmacy and never really noticed it reducing my highness

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
There were a few times I thought I was too high and was going to die, and there was the entire ambulance/emt/emergency room deal. It turned out I was being poisoned, so none of the pepper, sugar, etc. helped. I can't say I've felt too high after those experiences, but hope to have some tips on hand if it happens and feels as bad as my other experiences. My biggest risk now is trying a homemade edible and vaping on top of it, not knowing the combined strengths. I have tried high CBD strains after high THC strains, and didn't notice a difference, but I wasn't feeling poorly and trying to feel better.

Madri-Gal,

NYChuck

There were a few times I thought I was too high and was going to die, and there was the entire ambulance/emt/emergency room deal. It turned out I was being poisoned, so none of the pepper, sugar, etc. helped. I can't say I've felt too high after those experiences, but hope to have some tips on hand if it happens and feels as bad as my other experiences. My biggest risk now is trying a homemade edible and vaping on top of it, not knowing the combined strengths. I have tried high CBD strains after high THC strains, and didn't notice a difference, but I wasn't feeling poorly and trying to feel better.
Wow! Bad deal! I have never been that high or poisoned from smoking too much. Mine has always been to take it on down when I got stuff to do. Never thought I was gonna die. Worst case I get the cold sweats, spins and end up puking but thats only been a couple times in my life and combined with other drugs or booze. Like what your saying with edibles and vaping. I always try to avoid doing anything else for an hour or two when eating a edible and haven't experienced what it does to me. Don't think a high cbd strain would work for me like my cbd only vape does. High CBD strains still has THC so would think adding more thc when your trying to come down from thc wouldnt help. But maybe try finding a little cbd pen or something. Theres a bunch

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Wow! Bad deal! I have never been that high or poisoned from smoking too much. Mine has always been to take it on down when I got stuff to do. Never thought I was gonna die. Worst case I get the cold sweats, spins and end up puking but thats only been a couple times in my life and combined with other drugs or booze. Like what your saying with edibles and vaping. I always try to avoid doing anything else for an hour or two when eating a edible and haven't experienced what it does to me. Don't think a high cbd strain would work for me like my cbd only vape does. High CBD strains still has THC so would think adding more thc when your trying to come down from thc wouldnt help. But maybe try finding a little cbd pen or something. Theres a bunch
I wasn't poisoned from smoking too much, I was poisoned by poison. My son was trying to kill me (he wanted my house, insurance and a new truck). I actually haven't over done it to where I felt ill, only tired. I keep expecting it to get that bad, but it never does . Thanks for the great advice. I imagine it will be useful someday. I don't use edibles often, but I do like making them. One day I might just get all giddy over edibles and start snacking, so a caution is welcome.

Madri-Gal,

Mookie0608

I kind of taught/trained myself what to do. This is what I do and it always helps:

Cold shower instantly brings u back
Lemon water/or even better as sour and unbearable it may be just suck it up and eat a whole lemon.

Taken a walk

Control your breathing slowly inhale and slowly exhale through mouth inhaling through nose.

I’ll tell my self it’s going to be okay it won’t kill me and j started looking at it like just enjoy it it may be intense but enjoy the level of comfort your getting because I feel 0 pain when I over do it and it will be all better within 20-30 minutes and gone in about an hour. My intense highs usually only last a good 13-15 minutes before slowly starting to mellow out and that is a very enjoyable stage for me at least.

Just look at it like this. Weeds not going to hurt you, it may make you uncomfortable but I have learned from myself majority of the time you really are not “too high” as much as “causing your own issues with anxiety”. I found just about every time I get too high or feel like it I calm myself down and realize wow it’s self inflicted I’m not even that high anxiety just makes things seem worse then they really are.

But weed won’t hurt you just embrace it and enjoy every second of it, and you will start loving that feeling.

Another thing that helps too though for me at least more then watching a movie is video games. It maybe hard to concentrate and focus at times or for me majority of the time I know I’m really high but I’m really focused as well and tend to do so much better playing them. I’ll be like wow I’m barely high lemme take another hit then put controlller down maybe grab more water and that’s when I realize yeah I’m really high so it works great as a distraction but your senses are sharpened as well some times the explosions can make you jumpy or seem like it’s really going on but it’s really just the game. I love playing games high now it’s so much more amazing and fun and no getting mad at the game just focusing on how and what to do next.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
I kind of taught/trained myself what to do. This is what I do and it always helps:

Cold shower instantly brings u back
Lemon water/or even better as sour and unbearable it may be just suck it up and eat a whole lemon.

Taken a walk

Control your breathing slowly inhale and slowly exhale through mouth inhaling through nose.

I’ll tell my self it’s going to be okay it won’t kill me and j started looking at it like just enjoy it it may be intense but enjoy the level of comfort your getting because I feel 0 pain when I over do it and it will be all better within 20-30 minutes and gone in about an hour. My intense highs usually only last a good 13-15 minutes before slowly starting to mellow out and that is a very enjoyable stage for me at least.

Just look at it like this. Weeds not going to hurt you, it may make you uncomfortable but I have learned from myself majority of the time you really are not “too high” as much as “causing your own issues with anxiety”. I found just about every time I get too high or feel like it I calm myself down and realize wow it’s self inflicted I’m not even that high anxiety just makes things seem worse then they really are.

But weed won’t hurt you just embrace it and enjoy every second of it, and you will start loving that feeling.

Another thing that helps too though for me at least more then watching a movie is video games. It maybe hard to concentrate and focus at times or for me majority of the time I know I’m really high but I’m really focused as well and tend to do so much better playing them. I’ll be like wow I’m barely high lemme take another hit then put controlller down maybe grab more water and that’s when I realize yeah I’m really high so it works great as a distraction but your senses are sharpened as well some times the explosions can make you jumpy or seem like it’s really going on but it’s really just the game. I love playing games high now it’s so much more amazing and fun and no getting mad at the game just focusing on how and what to do next.
As good advice as sucking a lemon is, I think I'd rather stay too high. For sure I'd hurt myself climbing the lemon tree.

C No Ego

As good advice as sucking a lemon is, I think I'd rather stay too high. For sure I'd hurt myself climbing the lemon tree.
I did the master cleanse and decided afterwards to use the lemon juice for breakfast... after a while of doing that my enamel started wearing off of my front teeth... met someone around that time that said their mom had taken out her teeth eating lemons all the time... just want to mention that

hibeam

alpha +
I did the master cleanse and decided afterwards to use the lemon juice for breakfast... after a while of doing that my enamel started wearing off of my front teeth... met someone around that time that said their mom had taken out her teeth eating lemons all the time... just want to mention that

I ruined my front teeth with lemons. They got soft and stained permanently when they hardened back up. I use a straw for all beverages now.

I don't get too high on vaped flower ever I think because the vapor is so rich, it is satiating. I've gotten too high on vape carts but I just wait it out for the eventual super pain relief. I have not tried the full spectrum shatter/wax/rosin products because I think I would drive up my tolerance in a single session. Ooopsy.

YaMon

Vaping since 2010
WTF, I’ve read the entire thread and unless I missed it no one else doubles down? If I feel ‘off’ I simply vape more! (I refuse to use the term ‘too high.’) This has yet to fail me, but then again I really like getting stoned! :brow:

grampa_herb

Epstein didn't kill himself
I got 2 medical students from Poland too high once. It was their first time, and even with their background they still freaked out. Their hearts were pounding away and they were debating about having me take them to the hospital. The one who didn't speak English kept looking at me like I was the devil. :evil:

I eventually got them to chill for a couple hours and they got all sheepish after. :lmao:

hibeam

alpha +
I know I already posted somewhere about frying up a handful of fan leaves in olive oil and being coached to puke it a few hours later. That feeling of impending unhingement can be worrisome. Freakin' edibles. I do not think I could ever get that wound up vaping flower.

I did feel very faint and totally lost my hearing until I puked enough of it up (sorry 'bout that all you CHSers). It was not because I was scared. It was I was INTOXICATED...so do people get that from dabbing or just edibles?

fernand

Anybody mention CBD? I carry several ABX (strain-specific) carts - they make a nice little case with slim adjustable battery too. I have low tolerance and the Sour Diesel that works best for my lumbar pain and sciatica is tricky. A half toke too much and it can start skirting the anxiety waves. And there are some Indica hybrids I like that can get disruptive. So I always have a high CBD cart in there too, like that Care By Design 18:1. Works like a charm. One toke and it's like going through the brainwash, snap to attention, shed the confusion time.

Top Bottom