1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your strategy to counteract your high, when U R 2 high

Discussion in 'Medical Discussion' started by Kosherbubba, Feb 22, 2018.

1. little maggie

little maggie Well-Known Member

Why not just skip the strains that leave you comatose?
  2. Willy

Willy Well-Known Member

I do nothing cos I very rarely get too high :)
    Ramahs likes this.
  3. Mr. Whitewall

Mr. Whitewall Well-Known Member

In a 100% glass airpath tower!
    I read (maybe here? :hmm:) when there's too much THC, CBD is supposed to interact with it in order to suppress the effects of an excessive dose?

One of the "standard procedures" in Coffee-Shops is to give sugar to people when they start feeling weak. Soda/Juice/Tea also works. Fresh air and being left alone too.
    Also, having slept/eaten well previously is key.

Get on a good position; lay down on your side, or lay/sit comfortably. Or put your head between your knees whilst sitting and breathe deeply.
    DO NOT get up until you feel ok (and those white dots filling your field of vision have gone :freak:) and DO IT SLOWLY; you don't want to transfer too much blood from one place to another at once.

Don't panic, try to laugh about it; just realise you got a little stoneder than usual and it'll pass :D. If you can't distract yourself with something, sleeping it off is good too, just close your eyes and take deep breaths.
    If you aren't comfortable being wasted in front of too many people, take a friend you trust along outside, or to a quieter table and have him/her bring you a drink/check on you from time to time.
    As a scuba diver, we were taught in our First Aid course that the setting may make things worse for someone in distress, things like lots of unwanted attention, etc.

If all else fails, I've been told that some shamans have a simple method for "coming back"; go to the shower, take off your shirt and splash a good amount of cold running water over your shoulders and head/face with your head down into the bathtub for about 2-3 minutes.
    Take deep breaths and keep calm. Dry thoroughly.

...Just my experience from seeing a few people faint at Coffee-Shops and elsewhere.
    Mind over matter.

PS: Another technique for anxiety I heard is to slowly rub your index and thumb together whilst breathing deeply.
    Jackdaw likes this.
  4. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

This has happened to me with edibles only. In those cases I'm experienced enough to know to just grab my ass with both hands and wait an hour. It will pass.
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    Jackdaw, invertedisdead, szai and 3 others like this.
  5. Alex3oe

Alex3oe Well-Known Member

I'm so envious of you guys, talking about getting to high of edibles and simply use a different strain and so on
  6. little maggie

little maggie Well-Known Member

I got too high on edibles once- it felt more like a trip than being stoned. I've been too wary to try purchased edibles since. If I want an edible I make a cheese cracker or firecracker.
  7. Kosherbubba

Kosherbubba Active Member

Toronto, ON
    My son had a really bad experience with edibles. He tried 1/9 if a brownie for 3 days and the 4th day he tried 2/9 of a brownie and got really bad hallucinations. Which is why in Canada even though it will be fully legal to use weed, the edibles our outlawed from being purchesed in our country. I can see why . The edibles your are getting THC in its pure form and they studied it and found that more people will get fucked up on edibles and bring them to the emergency department in waves. The Video is a simulation of what happened to 2 toronto cops eating a brownies. True story!

Click to play YouTube Video

8. Kosherbubba

Kosherbubba Active Member

Toronto, ON
    I have never heard of a cheese cracker. Do you just put regular cheese or the cheese wiz?
  9. uncanni

uncanni Member

dirty south
    CBD works wonders. What I have also found in my own experience that place and circumstance have everything to do with the kind of high I experience.

What I have done for a weed anxiety attack is get by myself, lay down, breathe deeply. Friends agree that being in the wrong social/public circumstances is the biggest no-no.
    C No Ego likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors