Dabpress Rosin Plates

dabpress.com

Manufacturer
Good news FC folks! Testing of the small prototype all-in-one unit is going better than expected. Right now the frame is being reinforced, then further stress testing.

Additional rosin filters are in the works, a variety of different microns for both bud and hash/sift.

We are working on a ZG 1/4" coupler for the SS press cylinder so rosineers can purchase a 10-ton rated pump with gauge like the strongway model for around $75 USD.

@psychonaut Thanks for your update:tup:

Three New Item is Available on Amazon Prime Store.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
That sounds like great news @psychonaut any news on the small prototype at all, tonnage etc? I'm very glad to hear your looking into getting a gauge on the SS version (amongst others perhaps) as I think it's a missing link and a worthwhile add-on to many would be pressers myself included.

Always better to have to much information than to little providing the info is accurate :)

I will have to wait for Roger @dabpress.com to offer any disclosure. It's safe to assume smaller than 3x5" and less than 6 tons!

There seems to be a lot of interest in having a gauge for your press. We really like the design of the SS press and the fact that a pump with an integrated gauge can be purchased locally or online for under $100 is really attractive for the end-user. We are considering a variety of presses within this form factor.

One thing to note, regarding the ZG 1/4" coupler vs the NPT 3/8". Each pump of the cylinder will move the plates less distance with the 1/4" vs the 3/8". The end result will still be the same. I'm not 100% positive but I believe the Dake pump has this fitting as well. I need to hook it up and test it.

Blargas541

Stainless steel Rosin Press is available on our webstore from now on. We will list on ebay or amazon after 1-2 month later.

Screw threading is key point, i will tell you ours tomorrow. Thank you!

PS:

NTP 3/8" Threading on the hydraulic ram of this stainless steel rosin press. It is Amercia Stardard.
But i will offer ZG 1/4" threading for future products.
It is more easy to find hydraulic pump in the market.

Will you list stainless steel rosin press on Amazon.CA? How about new smaller model?

Can you tell me exact model pump with gauge I can buy that would fit that press? Google doesn't come up with much when I search for NTP 3/8" Threading Hydraulic Pump

Blargas541,

dabpress.com

Manufacturer
I will have to wait for Roger @dabpress.com to offer any disclosure. It's safe to assume smaller than 3x5" and less than 6 tons!

There seems to be a lot of interest in having a gauge for your press. We really like the design of the SS press and the fact that a pump with an integrated gauge can be purchased locally or online for under $100 is really attractive for the end-user. We are considering a variety of presses within this form factor.

One thing to note, regarding the ZG 1/4" coupler vs the NPT 3/8". Each pump of the cylinder will move the plates less distance with the 1/4" vs the 3/8". The end result will still be the same. I'm not 100% positive but I believe the Dake pump has this fitting as well. I need to hook it up and test it.

@psychonaut recommended 10T Strongway hydraulic pump with gauge, I'll trigger this pump to attach ZG 1/4" fitting for the future products.

I am trying to make CONVERTER to fit strongway pump right now .It will be finished next week.
Will you list stainless steel rosin press on Amazon.CA? How about new smaller model?

Can you tell me exact model pump with gauge I can buy that would fit that press? Google doesn't come up with much when I search for NTP 3/8" Threading Hydraulic Pump

I am sorry that we willn't list on amazon.ca because of only 40 stock right now. New model is in stress test, it will be available in one month. I am try to offer quickly.

But dp-bj6t35 will be available after 15 days on amazon.ca

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
New model is in stress test, it will be available in one month. I am try to offer quickly.

Roger @dabpress.com are you able to give any details regarding new model in stress testing or is it still too soon to say?

With a gauge I believe you would need perhaps a BVA brand. Hopefully Roger can confirm if these parts would work with dp-hr10t35

http://www.bvahydraulics.com/Produc...4inchInternalDiameter38inch-18NPTF/CS3814/310

http://www.bvahydraulics.com/Produc...h-18NPTFOilPortTotalLength5.12inch/CF3814/315

http://www.bvahydraulics.com/ProductDetails/BVA Hydraulics/High-FlowCouplerMale/CH38M/326

http://www.bvahydraulics.com/Produc...2SpeedAluminumHandPump61inUsableOil/P1000/338

http://www.bvahydraulics.com/Produc...ceDiameterLiquidGauge14inch-18NPTF/GW4014/348

Or you can wait for the converter to become available, then you can use this more affordable product -

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200641798_200641798

Last edited:

dabpress.com

Manufacturer
Roger @dabpress.com are you able to give any details regarding new model in stress testing or is it still too soon to say?

First prototype is finished, but i wanna do more stress test on frame.
After testing new frame, we will start to produce in large.

1, 2 Ton (real 3 ton) bottle jack rosin press
2, 5 Ton hydraulic cylinder ram rosin press ( be paired with strongway pump )

Bottle jack rosin press has 3x3" working surface.

5 ton hydraulic cylinder rosin press 3x5" rosin plates ( pump not included )

dabpress.com

Manufacturer
New 5 ton rosin press is rosin press kit without pump.
It will be paired with strongway pump with gauge.

About our 10 ton SS rosin press kit, I do more searching from google and amazon.

1, From amazon.com without gauge

https://www.amazon.com/7475H-Speed-Hydraulic-Hand-10000/dp/B009WU8VF0/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1534578505&sr=8-14&keywords=3/8+pump+hydraulic

2, Enerpac from amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Enerpac-P-392-Speed-Lightweight-Hand/dp/B001HWBYC8/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1534578505&sr=8-15&keywords=3/8+pump+hydraulic

You have to buy a gauge and hydraulic hose

Total price: $749.70 ( It is too much expensive )

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I've never understood why those pumps with gauges cost so much. Even an aftermarket gauge to tap into a bottle jack is not cheap. In fact, many gauges alone cost more than the whole strongway pump assembly with gauge and hose!

Perhaps someone with more knowledge on both products can chime in but I've read the strongway pump manual and it seems to me to be built with good quality and safety in mind.

From the strongway product description -

• An internal pressure relief valve provides overload protection
  • Built in ISO certified facilities and engineered using the same systems as Aerospace Technologies in the Automotive OEM sector
  • Meets strict and crucial ASME ASP 2010 safety standard

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
HzWNJ86.jpg

3.5g of Godfather OG in the 6 ton. This would probably scare some people, it's quite potent... full spectrum for the win :)

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Overwhelmed by the selection/choices for smaller presses.

How do I determine what press is right for me?
3-7g at a time.

FlyingLow,

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Overwhelmed by the selection/choices for smaller presses.

How do I determine what press is right for me?
3-7g at a time.

Our dp-bj6t35 is great for that, however, we are working on a smaller unit that would perhaps be more suited to your 7g limit. The dp-bj6t35 works well up to 14g.

The rosin filters and cylinder pre-press mold that we offer work with a cylinder puck that squishes down into a small footprint. That allows you to really maximize the PSI for your puck resulting in fuller extractions compared to filling the plate and needing a lot more tonnage to press out the rosin due to the expanded puck size with the same amount of material.

If you wanna build your own press, our dp-rp33 (3x3" plates) are a great choice paired with like a 6-ton A-frame press. This would actually be the cheapest option and a bit larger than the all-in-one units but not like having a floor standing H-frame shop press.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Our rosin extraction filters are finished. Varying in microns, all will work for flower, some also for hash/sift. Waiting for QC and packaging before release.

The small unit prototype I've now seen, and it will be a neat little unit once it is all finished. The focus is on minimal necessary requirements. So far the design is where we want it spec wise, but we continue stress testing as a prototype before final determination and production.

Regarding a much larger AIO unit such as 4x7", it seems to make the most sense for a rosineer to build their own 20-ton shop press with a caged or uncaged plate kit. The shipping for such a heavy duty unit would offset the value of the press in comparison we feel.

Finally, we would love to hear what accessories would help you with your workflow and improve your experience.

Thank you all for your support!

anasrzi

Except for adding gauge to your units the only thing i can see missing from the website is that the SS 10 ton doesn't currently have a kit price. I.E SS 10 ton press, hydraulic pump, dab access kit (silicon containers, dab tools etc) and pre-press mould.

In all likely hood that's being worked on right now as your both way ahead of the curve :)

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
Cant wait to see the new bags...as for handy accecoires...i would find a ac-powered collection plate awesome...something like the dnail polar shifter but in a larger scale so theres enough room to work on like an A4 sheet.

Some peltier elements and a nice Sized AL plate should do the trick....maybe with a switch for warm/cold as peltiers work in both directions..? 110v AND 220v :)

I hate working with my simple aluminium plate as i often do have to re-fridge it and so on and the polar shifter is simply too small to work on :)

Grifo

Our rosin extraction filters are finished. Varying in microns, all will work for flower, some also for hash/sift. Waiting for QC and packaging before release.

The small unit prototype I've now seen, and it will be a neat little unit once it is all finished. The focus is on minimal necessary requirements. So far the design is where we want it spec wise, but we continue stress testing as a prototype before final determination and production.

Regarding a much larger AIO unit such as 4x7", it seems to make the most sense for a rosineer to build their own 20-ton shop press with a caged or uncaged plate kit. The shipping for such a heavy duty unit would offset the value of the press in comparison we feel.

Finally, we would love to hear what accessories would help you with your workflow and improve your experience.

Thank you all for your support!
Collection tools? alignment plate for bottle tech? idk im just throwing stuff out with out thinking too hard

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Except for adding gauge to your units the only thing i can see missing from the website is that the SS 10 ton doesn't currently have a kit price. I.E SS 10 ton press, hydraulic pump, dab access kit (silicon containers, dab tools etc) and pre-press mould.

Yes, will see what can be done here to form a good bundle.

as for handy accecoires...i would find a ac-powered collection plate awesome...something like the dnail polar shifter but in a larger scale so theres enough room to work on like an A4 sheet.

Some peltier elements and a nice Sized AL plate should do the trick....maybe with a switch for warm/cold as peltiers work in both directions..? 110v AND 220v :)

I hate working with my simple aluminium plate as i often do have to re-fridge it and so on and the polar shifter is simply too small to work on :)

Thank you for your suggestion. The only problem I see initially with the AC powered units like the polar shift, they do not get to frozen temps. With higher terpene material, you need a frozen plate to collect as it's still a bit sappy even at 36F from the fridge. We will do some research on this!

Collection tools? alignment plate for bottle tech? idk im just throwing stuff out with out thinking too hard

Do you already have the bamboo dab toolkit? There are a variety of sizes of collection tools in there, unless you're talking about something like a glass rosin stamp?

I had sent Roger an idea for an alignment tool for bottle tech, something that could be easily removed once you have enough pressure on the filters to hold them in place. Not sure where he is at on that, we hadn't discussed it since but I'll bring it back up and see if it has any wheels.

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict
For me it would be enuf if it gets as cold as the polar shifter...it may not be enough for that rly sappy stuff u nearly need to frezze to collect but most of the time i still find it enjoying/easier to collect from a cold plate :).

Just my .02c :D

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
Hiya @psychonaut & Roger @dabpress.com ! Haven’t been able to post recently but following the news and development of the smaller unit undergoing stress-testing right now. I was really happy that y’all are even thinking (much less cared) about that segment of the market! I’ve followed here from the beginning and thought that I would love a DabPress someday when I could provide meds for myself.

I can’t grow right now and so won’t be squishing 14gr, or even 7gr, in one go. I’d like to squish .5gr-3gr in one go, while that may seem silly to those rosineers with lots of experience. Even if my stash does grow one day, I will still be pressing only for me and as I’m medically retired, I’ll have the time to spend collecting small amounts. :D

I don’t want to do the straightener & clamp thing, don’t wanna torch anything, and so many of the other smaller solutions look like they’ll break fairly quickly with a little use. I think DabPress will do very well with this press indeed, especially if the price point is good, like all of the other DP presses!

Im really interested in this new small press that has been mentioned. Im upping my concentrates game right now and this has lead me down the path of wanting a proper press. Im still using a hair straightener :mental::mad: But for me small is essential. I live in an apartment in a non legal location. Any idea when it will be available and how much it will cost? Thanks:leaf:

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
Happy Friday FC!

@pxl_jockey The tonnage of the unit will be the limiting factor in pressing so the aim is to have enough pressure on tap to properly press 7g of flower. Of course it will handle less material without issue. Anything over 7g, we recommend to look at the 6 ton bottle jack press or 10 ton stainless steel press. Roger @dabpress.com will need to provide details on the small press as it's still a prototype as of today.

@Mr. Gweilo 420 The small presses we have developed are all great for apartment living since they can all be stashed easily into a small area like the corner of a closet or inside a suitable container. Just have to be mindful of the heat of the unit prior to stowing!

I am just throwing out a guess here on timeline and price. I would expect this unit should be available for purchase, assuming all goes as planned with stress testing, within 2 months or less. In past developments we have had to make adjustments to the design which delayed release. The price has to be below $400 otherwise it will be hard for end-users to differentiate the value based on simple visual inspection. Tonnage of press and rating on frame (i.e. weight) aren't obvious to some consumers.

My promise to everyone here. If there is a need for a product, and we can build it, and keep the costs down for the consumer, be assured that we will at least develop a prototype and try to bring the product to market. In fact, as of yesterday we have already looked into the collection side of rosin and began to design a new product.

It is the large group of rosineers on FC that have helped us develop these products based on inquiries, suggestions, submitted designs and drawings. Please understand that we are still a small factory in China and doing our best to grow and better serve the rosin and cannabis community.

Happy Friday FC!

@pxl_jockey The tonnage of the unit will be the limiting factor in pressing so the aim is to have enough pressure on tap to properly press 7g of flower. Of course it will handle less material without issue. Anything over 7g, we recommend to look at the 6 ton bottle jack press or 10 ton stainless steel press. Roger @dabpress.com will need to provide details on the small press as it's still a prototype as of today.

@Mr. Gweilo 420 The small presses we have developed are all great for apartment living since they can all be stashed easily into a small area like the corner of a closet or inside a suitable container. Just have to be mindful of the heat of the unit prior to stowing!

I am just throwing out a guess here on timeline and price. I would expect this unit should be available for purchase, assuming all goes as planned with stress testing, within 2 months or less. In past developments we have had to make adjustments to the design which delayed release. The price has to be below $400 otherwise it will be hard for end-users to differentiate the value based on simple visual inspection. Tonnage of press and rating on frame (i.e. weight) aren't obvious to some consumers.

My promise to everyone here. If there is a need for a product, and we can build it, and keep the costs down for the consumer, be assured that we will at least develop a prototype and try to bring the product to market. In fact, as of yesterday we have already looked into the collection side of rosin and began to design a new product.

It is the large group of rosineers on FC that have helped us develop these products based on inquiries, suggestions, submitted designs and drawings. Please understand that we are still a small factory in China and doing our best to grow and better serve the rosin and cannabis community.
Thanks for the reply mate. Im very interested. I feel like I could easily waste a lot of time and money on poor presses so this sounds great. Under $400 and small would be perfect. I would be mostly pressing traditional hashes. Im in no hurry. If there is a wait list can I get on it?

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
@psychonaut I’m sorry you’re not posting elsewhere as much, cause I always appreciate your knowledge on all things vaporization. Plus we got that Dead connection, the vibes were always so good, felt like I already knew ya! But I’m glad to see you repping here for Roger and letting him focus on making these products for us, seems like a perfect fit. It’s been staggering how quickly DP has been able to grow and develop so many top quality products at very fair price points. :clap:

:tup: +1 on reaction & interaction, all the -actions! I wish more cannabis businesses were like DabPress.

@Mr. Gweilo 420 I’ve been speculating about pricing on this smaller press and came to the same conclusion. It has to come in well under $400, or else I would just get dp-bj6t35 AIO for 500. But then I’d want to save another hundred bucks and get the sexy SS model like @gunmetalshark did! Good ol’ gunmetal making me want nice things, like he always does... :lol:

:leaf:

Top Bottom