What box mod are you using / recommending for on-demand convection 510 vapes?

Summer

Long Island, NY
Well @bossman, what other TC mods are you comparing the gen3 dual to that makes it your favorite (since you did say that it was your favorite TC mod)? Inquiring minds (mine) want to know.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
The only other TC mods I've owned/used are a VTC Dual and an Eleaf Invoke. I sold the Invoke and an og Splinter to a friend. The VTC has fj on it and the rxg3d has the old myevic just because it'd install while sur_myevic wouldn't.

bossman,

Monk Debate

The monks do be debatin’
I’m sure I’m crazy for asking this, but are DNA chips really that much better than non-DNA mods after flashing custom firmware? And if so, are there specific DNA or DNAc mods that are head and shoulders above the rest?

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I can't speak for all DNA or non DNA devices, but I started with an RX 2/3 and could never get stable TC out of it with any of the software options. It works fine in power mode as an unregulated device and I leave my Splinter on it and use it that way, kind of like a Milaana. If I didn't get a DNA mod I could have easily lived with that but I wanted something better regulated.

When I got the HCigar VT75D that changed the game and made it possible to effectively do temp control so I can draw more comfortably without worrying about the pendulum effect (temp sweeping up and down) and possibly combusting. I can effectively set a maximum temperature. I have never combusted (oh oh) with the VT75D. I have accidentally combusted with the RX. I leave my SplinterZ on the DNA device.

The VT75D has been discontinued so it is getting harder to find, but I really think it is more about the DNAc chip, and there are many mods out there with that, mostly 250s. I DO really like the triangular shape and 2 battery (parallel) config of the VT75D and hope more come out like that.

Summer

Long Island, NY
The only other TC mods I've owned/used are a VTC Dual and an Eleaf Invoke. I sold the Invoke and an og Splinter to a friend. The VTC has fj on it and the rxg3d has the old myevic just because it'd install while sur_myevic wouldn't.

So the Wismec & the VTC (don't know about the Eleaf) having different firmware are not fully comparable. So, simply put, your gen3d is your favorite because it's the only one you have, & that you like it. ;)

Summer,

Hippie

For me DNA is only slightly better at TC

I don't like the way you have to press multiple buttons to change the temp on the VT75D, the Splinter overhang, no cruise modes, having to load escribe to change the TCR, or the weight of the device.

On the plus side TC is better, you can load Herbie's profiles and be set up in seconds, it runs the batteries down further so you get more bowls per charge and I'm sure it'll outlast all the cheap mods in my collection.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
So the Wismec & the VTC (don't know about the Eleaf) having different firmware are not fully comparable. So, simply put, your gen3d is your favorite because it's the only one you have, & that you like it. ;)
I initially tried all three in wattage and TC with the default firmware. Later I put Arctic Fox on the rxg3d and the Invoke and then later still myevic on the rxg3d while the VTC Dual went straight to fj for my Tubo X (which is for sale for $110 shipped in the classifieds).

When they were both running Arctic Fox the rxg3d heated more evenly than the Invoke in both wattage and temp modes. With myevic it now performs better with my V1 than the VTC Dual with fj or the Invoke.

With the 510 in the middle the Invoke was the best size and shape for a Splinter. I could just never get it to heat as evenly in wattage or TC with Arctic Fox compared to the rxg3d with the same firmware, plus I couldn't put any of the myevic variants on it.

The Invoke was the least bulky two cell mod I've handled but the case felt plasticky and cheap compared to others. It's still got my og Splinter ripping for my friend but was the most hot spot prone of the three for me.

Nowadays I have four dna mods that all heat more evenly than any of the three TC mods. I put every firmware I could successfully install on each of those TC mods and gave my best effort to dial them in before the DNAs arrived and surpassed them with the Herbie profiles and themes.

I still occasionally enjoy the V1 on the rxg3d where my preference is to cheat the resistance up so the TC numbers feel too low and then finish a basket in three or four big rips with the XL8R.

That's why it's my favorite TC mod despite its rattly fire button with the dumb cursive logo on it.

When I first had AF on the the rxg3d and the Invoke it was a bit of an epiphany to have the same resistance and settings and get better performance at the same wattage on the rxg3d. I remember thinking, "oh, so the mod really matters I guess!"

Last edited:

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
So what's the issue with the loose button & raised logo precisely?
The buttons work fine on all the mods I've had. The fire button on the rxg3d is is just noisy because there's some room for it to rattle around in the space it occupies. The cursive is just another dumb looking detail these mod designers find so irresistible.

JayBo!

Hot-Original-Wismec-Reuleaux-RX-GEN3-Dual-Box-Mod-with-2pcs-18650-Battery-Electronic-Cigarette-Vape.jpg

n0rdicblu3

Deez Nuts!
Hey all. Getting into flower vaping and I am real considering picking up a Stempod with the 420 sale. I own a Vaporesso Swag and a Vaporesso Armour Pro. Are these well enough for a Stempod or should I order the Wismec P80? At $20, seems like a no brainer, if my Vaporessos won't work the best. The P80 is able to support custom firmware, right? Any help to get me in the right direction with a Stempod is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edit typos.

sickmanfraud

Hey all. Getting into flower vaping and I am real considering picking up a Stempod with the 420 sale. I own a Vaporesso Swag and a Vaporesso Armour Pro. Are these well enough for a Stempod or should I order the Wismec P80? At $20, seems like a no brainer, if my Vaporessos won't work the best. The P80 is able to support custom firmware, right? Any help to get me in the right direction with a Stempod is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edit typos.

Not sure which custom firmware you want. Here is a list of mods compatible with the Tubo software which supports "cruise control": http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/tc-box-mods-firmware-discussions-and-customizing.23742/

I have a question to folks who have a foot in the FC vape community and the ECig community.

I notice that the Chinese resellers of mods have almost no DNA75 C offerings and not too many DNA 250C mods either.

I also notice that Lost Vape does not seem to be offering a DNA mod.

Are we FC users of 510 devices ahead of the "latest and greatest" or are we behind?

Is there a DNA300C in the works?

Are there currently any challengers to DNA color mods?

Last edited:
sickmanfraud,
Reactions: YaMon

n0rdicblu3

Deez Nuts!
Looks like P80 is on the supported list. So, I went ahead and pulled the trigger. The coupon code worked through my phone, but not my computer. $25 shipped, let the waiting begin

n0rdicblu3,

Summer

Long Island, NY
@n0rdicblu3, I'll get around to putting myevic on it shortly, but will initially use it in wattage with the stock firmware.

I don't think the Stempod's diameter will fit on the Swag with that button thing there. Maybe with a heatsink to elevate the SP. The armour should be fine.

n0rdicblu3

Deez Nuts!
Crap, I think you're right. 22mm is the stock tank size on the Swag and it's a tight fit.
@n0rdicblu3, I'll get around to putting myevic on it shortly, but will initially use it in wattage with the stock firmware.

I don't think the Stempod's diameter will fit on the Swag with that button thing there. Maybe with a heatsink to elevate the SP. The armour should be fine.

HerbieVonVapster

Quick Fasttech update on the Wismec Sinuous P80 order.
Shipping status updated now showing mine will be here on the 17th.
I ordered Sunday the 7th so 10 days.

I have a question to folks who have a foot in the FC vape community and the ECig community.

I notice that the Chinese resellers of mods have almost no DNA75 C offerings and not too many DNA 250C mods either.

I also notice that Lost Vape does not seem to be offering a DNA mod.

Are we FC users of 510 devices ahead of the "latest and greatest" or are we behind?

Is there a DNA300C in the works?

Are there currently any challengers to DNA color mods?

Lost vape web site is weird acting. Not sure if there offering anything new for 2019. It seems there going more the pod direction?

The ParanormalDNA250c and TriadeDNA250c should still be around.

I heard good things about the Dicodes mods. They start out around $300. If want to charge batteries in the mod a charging station runs another $100.

Since haven't used one it's really hard to recommend spending that amount of money on a mod. Since you asked thou will toss it out there as a possible challenger?

https://dicodes-usa.com/box-mods.html

n0rdicblu3

Deez Nuts!
Awesome, thanks! Gives me good hopes of fast delivery to me as well then. They marked it as shipped about 12 hours after I ordered too.

Now I just need to decide whether to order a Splinter, OG Stempod or get the Stempod Si to go with my P80. I just have no idea how long the wait is on the Si is...

I'm in the USA east coast area.

sickmanfraud

Now I just need to decide whether to order a Splinter, OG Stempod or get the Stempod Si to go with my P80. I just have no idea how long the wait is on the Si is...

I know this is a Mod thread... but, Puffitup has the Splinter V2 on sale for $89.

Quick Fasttech update on the Wismec Sinuous P80 order.
Shipping status updated now showing mine will be here on the 17th.
I ordered Sunday the 7th so 10 days.

Lost vape web site is weird acting. Not sure if there offering anything new for 2019. It seems there going more the pod direction?

The ParanormalDNA250c and TriadeDNA250c should still be around.

I heard good things about the Dicodes mods. They start out around $300. If want to charge batteries in the mod a charging station runs another $100.

Since haven't used one it's really hard to recommend spending that amount of money on a mod. Since you asked thou will toss it out there as a possible challenger?

https://dicodes-usa.com/box-mods.html

Thanks for the link @HerbieVonVapster. Do you know if there are any comparisons of Dicodes mods vs DNA color mods?

Top Bottom