What box mod are you using / recommending for on-demand convection 510 vapes?

Summer

Long Island, NY
@Plutonic, the Wismec gen 3 dual & the wismec sinuous p80 are the smallest units that will run sur_myevic & arctic fox. If you want something that will run tubo software:

http://shop.lamart.ch/index.php?route=product/category&path=72
*Scroll down to compatibility list on page.

Checkout youtube vids to see how all fit in hand.

Disregard the img, can't delete. Working on a cellphone sucks!

Capture_zpsqsnowx6t.jpg.

Last edited:

Summer

Long Island, NY
Thanks @Summer! Love the look of the p80, which I ordered earlier today. Glad to hear it'll run sur_myevic.

Just be prepared for a wait if you ordered from Hong Kong. I ordered mine on 3/26 & it said preparing for shipment. Then on 4/2 it changed to shipment ready, where it remains now. I think it may take the better part of a month t/b delivered. :rolleyes:

HerbieVonVapster

Just checked I got my Wismec Sinuous p80 back in August. After 9 months it's still humming along.

Mine took a lot of abuse over summer and even more on the camping trip. When doing outdoor activities I prefer the smaller size and cruise feature it offers. Also for me there always risk of dropping to consider with my hand issues so low cost of the unit comes into consideration.

The P80 when paired with something like the stempod makes IMHO a nice travel rig. The side lights when firing is reason why I recommend it with cruise. The side panel firing also works perfect for me with cruise. It's easy to activate and I hold this unit different. I tend to use the palm of my hand to fire side panel.

24zgbd1.jpg

sickmanfraud

Just checked I got my Wismec Sinuous p80 back in August. After 9 months it's still humming along.

Mine took a lot of abuse over summer and even more on the camping trip. When doing outdoor activities I prefer the smaller size and cruise feature it offers. Also for me there always risk of dropping to consider with my hand issues so low cost of the unit comes into consideration.

The P80 when paired with something like the stempod makes IMHO a nice travel rig. The side lights when firing is reason why I recommend it with cruise. The side panel firing also works perfect for me with cruise. It's easy to activate and I hold this unit different. I tend to use the palm of my hand to fire side panel.

24zgbd1.jpg

@HerbieVonVapster What is in the stempod (under your thumb)?

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
How did he steer you away?

With his reports on the build defects in the VT75 nano & color, they were very tempting for me.

Is anyone working on a making a custom version of sur_myevic software? Seems like The P80 is becoming popular and curious if anyones working towards that goal?

I would love it if I could get Tubo firmware on my G3D and incoming P80, definitely prefer it to surmyevic, but if someone customized it better that would be great since it is all I have for these mods if not going stock (don't feel like bothering with arcticfox)

HerbieVonVapster

That's a older pic since tinypic isn't letting me upload anything today.
I now use a Blackwood stem from @Alan. In the posted picture is a standard glass stem inclosed in silicone and a old metal piece from a vaporcannon quick connect stem to rest my thumb on.

Just about ready pull out the old laptop and mess with sur_evic. Haven't really spent a lot time with the firmware editor in it and to be honest not sure what can be done.

My hope is to at least take sur_myevic and make a custom version with basic setting programed in others can download. My biggest issue is time to learn new software and that I'm working on a old laptop ASUSZ83. Plus I wanted double check to see if someone else mighta already been working toward this goal before diving into anything.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
To be honest I would rather not be part of the whole mod thing (and all the aggravation and learning that tends to come along with it). I avoided it as long as I was able before RBT's Splinters sucked me in like the last of a spaghetti dinner...

I know I have AS problems, but I thought GAS, VAS and TAS were enough. Now I have MAS pulling at my... self.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

To be honest I would rather not be part of the whole mod thing (and all the aggravation and learning that tends to come along with it). I avoided it as long as I was able before RBT's Splinters sucked me in like the last of a spaghetti dinner...

I know I have AS problems, but I thought GAS, VAS and TAS were enough. Now I have MAS pulling at my... self.

I don't even want to know what TAS is...
I guess it all falls under FCRDD (fuck combustion related desire disorder) :ko:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
FCRDD Yeah, that works. TAS is Torch acquisition syndrome. I must have 15 or more. This one isn't Ryan's fault, I blame mostly Lotus and DynaVap. They own me just as much as RBT does. I guess I own more VapCaps than anything these days.

Shit Snacks

FCRDD Yeah, that works. TAS is Torch acquisition syndrome. I must have 15 or more. This one isn't Ryan's fault, I blame mostly Lotus and DynaVap. They own me just as much as RBT does. I guess I own more VapCaps than anything these days.

Oh phew I hardly use my lotus and OG vapcap so that is good for me lol I do love the sticky bricks though, but I don't use those so much anymore these days either. I do have a few torches, but mostly the free ones that are fine, never did much research. GrAS is another tough one (grinders), stopped watching glass

Summer

Long Island, NY
@supremedepoulet, here's a list of reputable battery sellers courtesy of @TheDudeNextDoor. I can only personally vouch for the 1st 3 US based companies.

www.liionwholesale.com
www.imrbatteries.com
www.illumn.com
www.rtdvapor.com
www.batterybro.com
www.orbtronic.com
www.nkon.nl
www.akkuteile.de
http://ecoluxshopdirect.co.uk

Per @Pyr0, here's another excellent, well trusted UK vendor for batteries:
https://www.fogstar.co.uk/
Usually discounts on Fridays and at multiple times during the year (just sign up for the newsletter)

Summer

Long Island, NY
@Shit Snacks, replying here so everyone can see how HK Warehouse delivery purchase has been going.

My pkg. moved for the 1st time on the 9th. Today it cleared the Netherlands Sorting Facility & says it's in transport to destination country.

So 7 days processing the order (3/26) & 7 days preshipment.

I emailed on the 8th about why so long & they responded on the 9th:
(Of course, as it coincidely showed movement. Never fails. :rolleyes:)

"It needs take 15 to 20 days to arrive at your destination from the day we shipped it out. Please wait
patiently.
Best regards,
Sandy"

So it's already been 14. I don't know if it's in direct US route or another stop-over. & it still has to arrive at & clear the US Customs sorting facility. And then 2 - 3 days through the mail. If cost was no issue, I'd only buy from US Warehouse. It was like a week for delivery last mod.

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

@Shit Snacks, replying here so everyone can see how HK Warehouse delivery purchase has been going.

My pkg. moved for the 1st time on the 9th. Today it cleared the Netherlands Sorting Facility & says it's in transport to destination country.

So 7 days processing the order (3/26) & 7 days preshipment.

I emailed on the 8th about why so long & they responded on the 9th:
(Of course, as it coincidely showed movement. Never fails. :rolleyes:)

"It needs take 15 to 20 days to arrive at your destination from the day we shipped it out. Please wait
patiently.
Best regards,
Sandy"

So it's already been 14. I don't know if it's in direct US route or another stop-over. & it still has to arrive at & clear the US Customs sorting facility. And then 2 - 3 days through the mail. If cost was no issue, I'd only buy from US Warehouse. It was like a week for delivery last mod.

Thanks Summer, just checked mine and it matches yours, since we ordered at the same time. If your message is what pushed them, then I must thank you twice

Summer

Long Island, NY
No, just coincidental. If ours were in preship @ the warehouse for 7 days, can you imagine how many thousands of orders were pending. It would be unfeasible for them to spend the man-hours fetching little ol' moi's package. It's cheaper to send me another unit after 30 business days if it doesn't show up. If we are paying $21 pre-ship, they are still making a profit 'cause it's not a loss-leader business.

HerbieVonVapster

Almost jumped on one of the recent wismec sinuous deal but wasn't happy about the color choice. Go figure I go to upgrade my older P80 this weekend and the damn usb connection is acting up.

Since I wanted another silver one ended up paying a little more and bought one from Fasttech. I keep you posted on how fast they move it along. Ordered it on Sunday 4/7 and has processed thru facility in beijing china today 4/10. Fasttech shipping said 5-10 business day if they make the time span I don't mind the extra 10 bucks it cost me. I got the color I wanted and hopefully it makes it here by next week.

Top Bottom