What box mod are you using / recommending for on-demand convection 510 vapes?

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I think I found it- it links to a post by FJ. Is that it? It looks like I have to get software from joyetech first.

Yes exactly, find the one for the cuboid mini. Then do exactly as FJ instructs but with that file and you will be good to go :tup:

Shit Snacks,

little maggie

Yes exactly, find the one for the cuboid mini. Then do exactly as FJ instructs but with that file and you will be good to go :tup:
Still don't get it. I updated with the joyetech software for the mini and downloaded the bin file from FJ. But I don't understand how to load the bin file. The FJ updater box still doesn't recognize the mini and when I click on the bin file VLC wants to run it.

little maggie,

Shit Snacks

Still don't get it. I updated with the joyetech software for the mini and downloaded the bin file from FJ. But I don't understand how to load the bin file. The FJ updater box still doesn't recognize the mini and when I click on the bin file VLC wants to run it.

If you unzip the folder into a new folder as instructed, then open the software in the file (which will look just like the tubo software) and click update the same way. Then you select that tubo bin file and it will load it up for you all the same

Edit: it is going to be a totally different software that looks identical to the to go on but the update box will not be greyed out. You use this the same way with the Tubo bin

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Hogni

Grifo

Got Artic Fox on my Gen3 dual so far i like it. Using TC right now and me likey, however the 10 second cut off is annoying and when i lock the resistance on the computer i still see it change on my mods screen.

Grifo,
Reactions: bossman

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
when i lock the resistance on the computer i still see it change on my mods screen.

If the resistance didn't change, then you wouldn't be able to control the temperature. So it's perfectly normal.

On the other hand, there are two possible temperature display lines in AF. The base one and the live one. Displaying both lines at the same time can be very helpful to debug problems.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Got Artic Fox on my Gen3 dual so far i like it. Using TC right now and me likey, however the 10 second cut off is annoying and when i lock the resistance on the computer i still see it change on my mods screen.
You can up the cutoff to 15 seconds in the settings, which I find makes all the difference.

Hold + and the fire button together and then go to Settings > Puff > Cutoff

little maggie

Thanks to everyone's help I think I have the cuboid mini on FJ's software. But the watts are way too high (80w) and I don't see on the menu how to lower it. I read FJ's directions for the tubox but I don't see the same options under "manage coils" that he posted. Can someone explain what I can do to bring the watts down to a more reasonable level like 30.

Shit Snacks

Thanks to everyone's help I think I have the cuboid mini on FJ's software. But the watts are way too high (80w) and I don't see on the menu how to lower it. I read FJ's directions for the tubox but I don't see the same options under "manage coils" that he posted. Can someone explain what I can do to bring the watts down to a more reasonable level like 30.

Follow the post by @SloJimFizz I also linked to to see how to edit on the main menu, then you can easily cycle through modes. Or go into the interface settings and turn on power mode

Shit Snacks,

ChooChooCharlie

You could test ArticFox and see if the problem persists.

Here are other users reporting the exact same problem back then:

https://nfeteam.org/forum/threads/rx300-unbalanced-battery-drain.426/
https://nfeteam.org/forum/threads/wismec-rx-gen3-300watt-unequall-battery-discharge.2520/

and the issue in myevic, which tubomyevic is forked from:

https://github.com/ClockSelect/myevic/issues/291

So unless FJ fixed it somehow it should still be there. Revert to stock firmware and see if problem persists then you'll know if it's a hardware or firmware issue.

If it's software then try using ArticFox, I can't find the link back but they might have found a fix in the end.

Another data point here, my RX300 also had mystery battery drain. Killed battery, ordered a new set of four, killed another one. That's when I threw in the towel with it, don't have it anymore. Wondering if there may be a bug in the firmware settings for a four cell mod? I was using FJ's myevic.
And, @little maggie , don't see the P80 on the FJ compatible list. Arctic Fox may work, but no auto fire cruise beyond 15 seconds.

sickmanfraud

Another data point here, my RX300 also had mystery battery drain. Killed battery, ordered a new set of four, killed another one. That's when I threw in the towel with it, don't have it anymore. Wondering if there may be a bug in the firmware settings for a four cell mod? I was using FJ's myevic.
And, @little maggie , don't see the P80 on the FJ compatible list. Arctic Fox may work, but no auto fire cruise beyond 15 seconds.

Just to be clear I had the exact problem (except for the second battery death).

sickmanfraud,

Spelaeus

So that's four now. It's probably safe to say that the RX300 is a no-go. At least if you plan on running the FJ firmware on it (not sure if anyone has tested it with stock firmware or AF), which I assume is the main reason most of the people looking at this thread would consider buying it.

Spelaeus,
Reactions: KeroZen

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
What's the best deal for a Wismec Sinuous P80? I see them for $33 on eBay or $26 from China via GearBest.

bossman,

little maggie

It is in my post where I linked to FJ's instructions that you found before, his post is only a little before mine even
I don't need to use the mini since my evic works fine but I have read FJ's and SloJimFizz posts and changed what settings I can. But still can 't figure out how to lower the watts from 80. It must be pretty obvious but I don't get it.

Shit Snacks

I don't need to use the mini since my evic works fine but I have read FJ's and SloJimFizz posts and changed what settings I can. But still can 't figure out how to lower the watts from 80. It must be pretty obvious but I don't get it.

If you go into the interface section you should see Pwr set to off, go ahead and turn it on, then youre controlling watts instead of temperature in the main Tubo mode (where cruise should be disabled)

Summer

Long Island, NY
You guys have a problem with the Gen 3 singler battery drain - what seller did you guys buy from? Maybe your guys all got it from the same seller & the seller has a bad batch. Do post here what seller you bought from. I know I linked to a couple of sellers a few time in the thread.

At least send emails to both Wismec & the seller. The seller should make good on it & make an exchange/refund & send you a prepaid return ship label. That's what I would try for.

Merry Xmas everyone! Have a wonderful day!

Summer,
Reactions: Hogni

SloJimFizz

Unknown Member
The best way is to change one of your "clicks" from "T-step" or one you don't want to use, to "Edit" . Your clicks menu can be found and changed in the Interface menu.
Then from the main screen, hit the amount of clicks to turn on Edit, then scroll down hitting the - button 2 times to get to power, then adjust your watts to your liking.
Merry Christmas everyone. :peace:

Spelaeus

You guys have a problem with the Gen 3 singler battery drain - what seller did you guys buy from? Maybe your guys all got it from the same seller & the seller has a bad batch. Do post here what seller you bought from. I know I linked to a couple of sellers a few time in the thread.

At least send emails to both Wismec & the seller. The seller should make good on it & make an exchange/refund & send you a prepaid return ship label. That's what I would try for.

Merry Xmas everyone! Have a wonderful day!

Mine came from firevapor.com, it was listed under one of the box mod deal aggregator sites. It's already been sent in for a refund. I'll note that mine also arrived with a damaged screen out off the box. There was a pattern of dead lines across the display.

I did use the scratch-off code on the back of the box to confirm authenticity, in case anyone was curious.

Spelaeus,
Reactions: Summer

buddingglasshead

Mine came from firevapor.com, it was listed under one of the box mod deal aggregator sites. It's already been sent in for a refund. I'll note that mine also arrived with a damaged screen out off the box. There was a pattern of dead lines across the display.

I did use the scratch-off code on the back of the box to confirm authenticity, in case anyone was curious.

I have two RX300s and the one that I bought recentl from firevapor was also trashed. Opened it up and the board was disgusting. After it died, that is.

Swapped the PCB from my old one that had a bad 510 connection and good to go with one functional RX300... For now until this 510 connection goes out haha

buddingglasshead,
Reactions: KeroZen
Top Bottom