What box mod are you using / recommending for on-demand convection 510 vapes?

Spelaeus

I vaguely recall from the ArticFox log that they fixed a display issue on some multi-cell mods at some point (there might even be some parameter to offset that) hence why I asked if it was only on display. But if the cell tests low externally then it's probably something else.

Are you sure it's not the cell itself? I imagine you don't have the necessary tools but measuring it's internal resistance and comparing it to the others in the batch could shed some light. A weak or damaged cell would definitely produce the behavior you witness.

Could you try replacing that particular cell with an equivalent one, at least temporarily? Also how are the cells arranged in the mod? In series? In such configuration the mod shouldn't be able to draw on any single cell more than the others (as it's not discharging through the balance taps, only through the single +/- terminals) So it could be more the cell than the mod that is the culprit.

I don't have much in the way of testing equipment but I did try swapping the battery positions around and it seems to be bay 3 that drains faster no matter which cell is in it. All four batteries are LG HG2s that were purchased together a week ago and only used in this mod.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
You could test ArticFox and see if the problem persists.

Here are other users reporting the exact same problem back then:

https://nfeteam.org/forum/threads/rx300-unbalanced-battery-drain.426/
https://nfeteam.org/forum/threads/wismec-rx-gen3-300watt-unequall-battery-discharge.2520/

and the issue in myevic, which tubomyevic is forked from:

https://github.com/ClockSelect/myevic/issues/291

So unless FJ fixed it somehow it should still be there. Revert to stock firmware and see if problem persists then you'll know if it's a hardware or firmware issue.

If it's software then try using ArticFox, I can't find the link back but they might have found a fix in the end.

sickmanfraud

You could test ArticFox and see if the problem persists.

Here are other users reporting the exact same problem back then:

https://nfeteam.org/forum/threads/rx300-unbalanced-battery-drain.426/
https://nfeteam.org/forum/threads/wismec-rx-gen3-300watt-unequall-battery-discharge.2520/

and the issue in myevic, which tubomyevic is forked from:

https://github.com/ClockSelect/myevic/issues/291

So unless FJ fixed it somehow it should still be there. Revert to stock firmware and see if problem persists then you'll know if it's a hardware or firmware issue.

If it's software then try using ArticFox, I can't find the link back but they might have found a fix in the end.

I have dropped in and out of this thread. I am in the process of re-reading the thread, but This post above is to a large extent What I was planning to say.

I have had nothing but bad luck with Joytech and Wismec mods.

Rx300 drains batteries unevenly which I believe the link above is about.

Cuboid 200 I have had two now that jump from TCR to power mode without warning. When it first happened I thought something was wrong with my atomizer (TUBOx at that time).

Once I got other 510 devices I tried the Cuboid 200 and it changes from TCR to power regardless of the atomizer. The jumping to Watts from TCR caused the combustion on one of my stems.

I imagine that I will post again when I get totally caught up, I just thought that folks should know this sooner than later.

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Reverting back to power is a safety of most of these firmware. A good way to prevent accidental combustion is to set your VW mode to a low power like 15W, this way if ever it reverts then you'll just get a weak hit instead of smoke.

Now on to why it reverts: it usually means the mod doesn't see the resistance change it expects. I had the issue a lot on my evic VTC mini running my_evic at the very beginning. Multiple variants of this problem in fact.

In one case, the mod read a cold resistance, say 0.36ohm, but when I fired it the live resistance reading fell below the cold value, say 0.34ohm then started climbing from that. This completely upset the TC algo and it reverted to power mode.

On other cases, the max power setting of the TC mode was insufficient. So the resistance rise was too slow, and again the mod thought there was a problem. Increasing the max power solved this case.

Then sometimes it's the TCR setting that is wrong. The mod expects a larger resistance change but only sees a slow one, and bam, it kicks you in power mode as a safety.

As always cleaning your contacts and tightening your coils/mesh/whatever is always beneficial. You need to have the most stable resistance reading to begin with in order to have any chance to use TC more or less successfully (I say more or less because it's always a PITA with these cheap mods in the end. I never had any issue with my SmoAnt Knight v2 for instance, just set the TCR once and the max watts and never touched it afterwards)

DNA mods are also easier to use but they still can be finicky when the atty or the 510 are problematic.

Spelaeus

Well, I think I can definitely confirm that it's not just an issue of the firmware misreading the battery. I last used the RX300 with the Splinter Z Monday night. The batteries sat in the mod while it was off all of Tuesday. Upon trying to turn it back on today, it looks like the cell in bay 3 was discharged enough while the mod was turned off to damage the cell. It's no longer taking a charge at all, as confirmed by the external charger.

Good thing the new mod takes 3 batteries... Really hoping the DNA chip makes for a higher quality device even if the new one is still a Wismec.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
My Wismec rx gen3 dual just arrived. Any considerations when deciding between sur_myevic and Arctic Fox? Plan is to use it with my Splinter or a Splinter Z once it arrives.

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
as promised, photos of my sbody macro II DNA 75 mod box . First impressions are its small, neat, comfortable, seems very durable , solid metal casing, smooth twist off battery cover at button . Having paid less then $50 while on sale at fasttech , so far I am very satisfied . I haven't fired it up yet , but here it is with my new Purpleheart iHeat cartridge made by @Alan . What a gorgeous piece , Mr. G., thank you !

IMG-3422.jpg

IMG-3426.jpg

IMG-3424.jpg

IMG-3425.jpg

Last edited:

little maggie

I am so tempted even though I have 2 boxmods coming. I don't like my current ones. It's what you said about the battery door being easy that interests me. Please post again after you've tried it. Is $55 a reasonable price?

little maggie,
Reactions: P.A.M.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
as promised, photos of my sbody macro II DNA 75 mod box . First impressions are its small, neat, comfortable, seems very durable , solid metal casing, smooth twist off battery cover at button . Having paid less then $50 while on sale at fasttech , so far I am very satisfied . I haven't fired it up yet , but here it is with my new Purpleheart iHeat cartridge made by @Alan . What a gorgeous piece , Mr. G., thank you !

IMG-3422.jpg

IMG-3426.jpg

IMG-3424.jpg

IMG-3425.jpg

Nice! Actually looks pretty great! :D

Shit Snacks,

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
I am so tempted even though I have 2 boxmods coming. I don't like my current ones. It's what you said about the battery door being easy that interests me. Please post again after you've tried it. Is $55 a reasonable price?
I will report back on how it works , not sure what wattage to stick between , I'll start around 30 and see from there . Here is a photo of the bottom , it unscrews smoother then I anticipated, I wouldn't want to crossthread it still , i will probably use the front charging port and leave the Battery inserted most the time . There is a site wide 15% off holiday sale till the 20th.

@Shit Snacks , thanks mate, it could've been worst for sure , lol, now to see how it performs! Not like I have anything to compare it with but still :lol:
IMG-3428.jpg

little maggie

I will report back on how it works , not sure what wattage to stick between , I'll start around 30 and see from there . Here is a photo of the bottom , it unscrews smoother then I anticipated, I wouldn't want to crossthread it still , i will probably use the front charging port and leave the Battery inserted most the time . There is a site wide 15% off holiday sale till the 20th.

@Shit Snacks , thanks mate, it could've been worst for sure , lol, now to see how it performs! Not like I have anything to compare it with but still :lol:
IMG-3428.jpg
Where is the site wide sale? The place I found it for $55 didn't look like it was on sale. Also a very slow site.

little maggie,

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Pix of the gen3 dual with my og Splinter. The purple brown is iridescent and fun. Haven't updated the sw yet. I'll likely try Arctic Fox first just because I was about to flash it easily on my last mod. Update: yeah AF just installs so easily and it's handy to use the app to get my profiles dialed in. I'm gonna head back over to the Splinter thread to see if there's consensus about the best material choice as I recall it being a bit of a grey area....
20181219-153231-2.jpg

20181219-144410-3.jpg

Last edited:

little maggie

I am so tempted but my p80 just arrived. I need to see how it works before buying another. It passed its first test- I can open the battery door.

As an aside, I read the first few posts on this thread. I think it's a great idea to assemble the info on box mods that are now on several different threads so it's easier to find the information. I think that was the intent but box mods keep developing so info isn't stable. Still it would be nice.

Grifo

Pix of the gen3 dual with my og Splinter. The purple brown is iridescent and fun. Haven't updated the sw yet. I'll likely try Arctic Fox first just because I was about to flash it easily on my last mod. Update: yeah AF just installs so easily and it's handy to use the app to get my profiles dialed in. I'm gonna head back over to the Splinter thread to see if there's consensus about the best material choice as I recall it being a bit of a grey area....
I just got mine too, i thought i was gonna hate the color but i kinda dig it now.

Grifo,
Reactions: bossman

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I just got mine too, i thought i was gonna hate the color but i kinda dig it now.
Let me know how you think it stacks up. I justified my purchase as pants for the Splinter Z in the mail and I'm happy with it so far.

bossman,

Grifo

Let me know how you think it stacks up. I justified my purchase as pants for the Splinter Z in the mail and I'm happy with it so far.
So far i like it with my regular splinter, i had a 3 or 4 year old siegeli with batteries that drained really quick so its for sure better than my old set up. Im on 37W with like a 15-20 sec preheat. Might go down on wattage with that pre heat lol. Ill mess with the diff firmwares tomorrow.

little maggie

Wondering what software people have used with the cuboid mini to keep it from shutting down after a few seconds. I tried FJ's and it doesn't work. I think with some of the help I've gotten here I can do the wismec ones but not joyetech.

little maggie,

Shit Snacks

Wondering what software people have used with the cuboid mini to keep it from shutting down after a few seconds. I tried FJ's and it doesn't work. I think with some of the help I've gotten here I can do the wismec ones but not joyetech.

Mine is working fine with FJ software...

Shit Snacks,

Shit Snacks

I tried the cord that came with it and another one and neither works so that the software identifies the mod. I wonder why yours does. Are you using the most recent software?

I don't understand, you said you have it loaded with the software and it is shutting down the mod instead of staying on to use? Or you can't get it loaded at all? Mine has most recent firmware and I used a cellphone usb to connect and load

Shit Snacks,

little maggie

I don't understand, you said you have it loaded with the software and it is shutting down the mod instead of staying on to use? Or you can't get it loaded at all? Mine has most recent firmware and I used a cellphone usb to connect and load
I can't add the software. Without it, the mod shuts down- seems like all my mods are doing that. I think my cable must be ok since it registered my tubo fine. The update firmware box that comes on that says device name, firmware version etc just says unidentified and the update button doesn't come on. I think I have a box mod curse.

Shit Snacks

I can't add the software. Without it, the mod shuts down- seems like all my mods are doing that. I think my cable must be ok since it registered my tubo fine. The update firmware box that comes on that says device name, firmware version etc just says unidentified and the update button doesn't come on. I think I have a box mod curse.

Wait, are you trying to use the computer software for the tubo? That one is for the evic not the cuboid, so you will need to first download that zip file then unzip and open it then upload the tubo .bin file like you normally would. If you find my post in here a few pages back, I link to the post that has instructions and where to find the proper computer software, I thought it would be difficult but it was actually super easy once I found that to guide me

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Hogni
Top Bottom