Welcome to Fuck Combustion...Tell us about yourself here!

just wanted to sign up and thank everyone for the great forum. i have been doing some research the past few days and learned alot a shiton of info by searching and doing some tactical lurking. i also used this thread to get $50 off my order from gratefulbuys.com.

after careful consideration, i went with the extreme-Q (toss up between this and the herbalaire). my friend/ex-roommate has a volcano so i wanted something with a bag setup for sure, but I wanted to try the whip method as i think it will work good for me. since my roomie moved out a few months ago (and ripped the volcano from my life), i was forced to go back to combusting. i'd like to pick up a PD later on but for now, i was too impatient to wait the 6 weeks so I had to get something quick.

as i mentioned, i wanted to thank everyone for sharing their experiences & knowledge and allowing me to do my research. :peace:

red_rocket,
Hey guys I'm bathin vapes. Been smoking blunts and bongs for years :uhoh: but I purchased an Extreme Q Vaporizer, and it has changed my life! :) .

Can never get as pure or potent smoke out of anything besides vape, and extremely efficient too.

bathin vapes,

schhematiks

What's up combustion! i'm new and have had a love for vapes since i was introduced to one last fall. have been smokin for a while now and have always had an interest in everying MJ--including numerous forums. stumbled upon this one and haven't stopped reading for a good 2 hours, besides the ever so satisfying smoke break :D Had to join immediately!

schhematiks,

mrfloopa

Vappy
Long time Lurker, but only now found this thread.

Hi, I'm Mr. Floopa and I'm currently a sophomore in college. I go to school in CT, but I'm from Texas. Smoking was new to me, and really only started picking up late last year. I had first smoked with some friends from high school who had been into it for years. After that, I hardly touched the stuff until my girlfriend started back into it. I joined her, and ended up liking it a lot more than I had before.

I am always running low on cash, and I heard vaporizers were a great way to get the most out of what you have, so I took the plunge and ordered my first vaporizer--an EZ Vape, and before you hound me, it was before I found this website. Besides, it was only $40 with bonuses, and I got a pretty decently working one. And it was enough to change my ways. It felt so much cleaner and better for me, and I didn't feel as weird as I did after combusting. After that, I wanted to get into a more reputable brand. After searching far and wide, I found that a log style vape was for me, and am currently waiting on a Woodeez. My girlfriend isn't converted yet, but I'm working on that.

I'm still finding my roots in all this, but I hope to be able to contribute to this community!

mrfloopa,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Welcome to FC!! Love seeing new folks join and post!! Kick off your shoes and stay awhile...well unless your feet stink ROFL!! Happy Vaping!

@MrFloopa...Good luck converting the girlfriend! It took me a bit to convert but couldn't pay me to go back ;)

Lo,

kewpcer

Hey guys. I've been lurking for awhile and soaking up info. I just decided to slither in from obscurity today. Here's a run through of my vaping history.

First vape... 2007 bag after bag from a Volcano on loan to a friend.
Bought an iolite about 8 months ago. I love the unit, but ran a few small cans of Ronson through it in desperation. Since then it's been very inconsistent, so I've benched it.
I picked up a DBV from the local head shop after I saw the owner at a QOTSA concert. I went home... and I can say that i was slapped ret... stricken with developmental disability for about 3 hours. I guess I can't say that.
Just got my MFLB after a very thorough overhaul of the iolite yielded one good run and then back to the sputtering no-lights. I must say. This thing is genius. I can barely fill the bottom of the trench and get nicely unwound. A full trench will get me vripped if I can actually remember to finish it :p

A bit about me. I'm a cell biology grad student. I dabble at the guitar and am a certified Fender fiend. I like to collect records and tinker. I may have gigiggitied that woman on her gagina with my googus. I think blown vacuum tubes should be displayed with pride in the home, and as I write this sentence I think I just realized where the inspiration for the original MF launch tube came from, but that's another ramble...

I like a breve made with good espresso, late night live bait bass fishing, and velvet paintings of dogs, Native Americans and Elvis. My favorite color is blue.

No really. I did not... have... sexual... relations... with that woman.

Support your local head shops when you can guys!

kewpcer,

Silver420Surfer

Downward spiral
The name's Francis Soyer. But everybody calls me Psycho. Any of you guys call me Francis, and I'll kill you.

Greetings all!! Will add to this later just wanted to sign up finally and say a quick hello.
This place looks great.

Silver420Surfer

?9

G'day guys, Delta here from down under. Been lurking for a while soaking up some wisdom. Never vaped before, but ordered a LB and Burton 420 kit today. Any questions, ask away!

?9,

meduser#420

Fear & Loathing in FuckCombustion
Introductions, ummm... I'm paralyzed from the shoulders down. I took a header off a flight of concrete stairs back in 1992. Always been down with the herb. I'm loving these med laws! Peace and one love.

meduser#420,

lwien

Welcome guys and/or gals.

Hope ya all enjoy your stay here for a bit.

lwien,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Thought I'd say hello at last. I'm Dan and I and have been lurking, stalking you all on here since early 2009 at least. Finally registered.

I vape too much- certainly every day, often starting a bit too early, and I'm well overdue a T-Break (by like 7 years). Love my vapes and have got too many. Largely due to this place. In no particular order- AroMed 4.0, Vapman, Volcano Classic, VaporGenie, Vaporstar, Iolite x 2, PD Pandora, MFLB, Vapbong, SSV.

First buy was the Volcano. My most used would probably be my SSV, with the PD Pandora for days I'm taking it easier. Iolite best for on the road (big, slow loads), MFLB for in professional day time life sneakily at work. I think the Vapbong is under rated as it's great for hash and concentrates (but overpriced for what it is IMO).

What else?...From the UK- the west Highlands of Scotland- a very beautiful place, but I'm originally from Kent in England where I was born in the year 1980 and raised until my late teens. Work in the marine sector, can't really say specifically. In my free time I love to go salmon fishing on the river 30 yds from my front door (I sometimes go further!), or vape and play Irish trad. music on my banjo or mandolin. And keep the missus entertained somehow occasionally so she doesn't run off and find a better deal.

So that'll do about me for now.....I feel like a bit like I've written a dating profile!. Anyway, I hope I can make a sensible contribution to the world of FC.

WatTyler,

Lo

Lol Wat! Great intro! Welcome officially to FC...thanks for coming out of hiding ;)

Great vape arsenal you have going!

Lo,

nuvap

85% Sativa / 15% Indica
Hmm, stumbled on this thread whilst vaped so felt I should say hello.

I've been very much in to my herb since trying a toke from a friend on the way back to school at the age of 14; I've smoked daily since I started working and earning my own money. So 15+ years later; I'd been through the various combustion phases before settling on a bong as my daily go-to. About 4-5 years ago a friend and I looked in to vaporizing and both invested in the stereotypical goldfish bowl/soldering iron type vapes (a bluemeanie for those interested), we both pretty much decided quickly that these things didn't quite cut it so my friend sold his whilst mine got filed away in a cupboard and I went back to a bong.

A year or two later I ended up getting ill with pneumonia so had to give up smoking completely and for 6 months was herb-free but seriously missing it and everything that comes with it until a friend turned up out the blue with a bit of red-seal (which I had not had for such a long time) and, remembering the old bluemeanie thing I had put in a cupboard, I decided I wasn't going to miss this so dug that nasty ol vape out and got stuck in. And that was it, back to the beloved herb. So I used that bluemeanie for quite a while before buying a DBV and shortly after finding this forum.

Since joining FC I've been lucky enough to add a PDP to my collection and gain enough experience to have made my first edibles and qwiso which has been a good experience both learning wise and :ko: wise. So I'd like to say both hello and thanks to everyone who makes this forum what it is and I hope that I may contribute at some point in the future.

nuvap,

beach bum

Greetings FC! I've lurked since '09 and have learned so much from many of you. Decided it might be time to just jot a quick thanks!

Peaceful vaping! :peace:

beach bum,

LivingInSpin

Hi all, here is my formal introduction, how do you do, good day, and pleased to meet you all! :)

Should have done this earlier, but I forgot.

Thanks!

LivingInSpin,

lwien

LivingInSpin said:
Maybe I can add to the discussion, even if not, I'm sure to learn a lot while here.

Thanks!

I've been on this board for over 2 years and I'm still learning a lot.

Welcome.....................

lwien,

OO

Technical Skeptical
LivingInSpin said:
Hi all, here is my formal introduction, how do you do, good day, and pleased to meet you all! :)

Should have done this earlier, but I forgot.

Was a smoker for a long time, joints and soda cans mostly because they are easy to dispose of in a legal emergency. I know that sounds disgusting, but having a cop spray delouser at your spread butthole before being tossed into a cage and having your life turned upside down is worse.

Then the hiatus came with a long spell at a job with random frequent testing, and terrible consequences if you fail a test.

The job ended and I remembered an old soldering iron in a snowglobe vape I use to have long, long ago. Did some research, saw the current state of the art, and was hooked.

Now it is difficult to combust at all. Smoke just isn't as tasty as it used to be so I think I'll stay on the vape bandwagon from now on.

I'm a lifelong learner/student. Politics, business, economics and finance are my main hobbies and dominate my formal and informal studies. I can build a building, train a dog, shoot a gun, swim a river, hunt for food, and all those other basic skills a human should have. To me, almost everything is interesting.

I don't usually register and post on forums, but FC seems to be the most intelligent and well spoken group of vapor enthusiasts on the net, so I figured, what they hey. Maybe I can add to the discussion, even if not, I'm sure to learn a lot while here.

Thanks!

from what i've seen you post so far, you're my new favorite member. :)

OO,

Lindsey

VA_Kottonmouth_Kween
High everyone!!! My name is Lindsey & I'm 29 years old until 9/13 this year, the dreaded big 30!!! Crites in my fiance's last name but will be mine too this Halloween when we get married!!! I'm new here & fairly new to vaping (8 months in). I got my Da Buddha Vaporizer as my 29th birthday present in September 2010 from my 66 year old Momma!!! She is the coolest!!! So I have had my DBV for 8 months now & I am sooo in love with it!!! My fiance is used to smoking "shmidis" as I call them, greener swag sold at midis prices, & I ONLY smoke nugs, dank, seedless, whatever lol!!! I let him hit my reefer out of DBV & he saw clouds & stars for HOURS!!! He was a TRIP, man!!! LOL!!! Anyway's, I JUST got my brand new green Vapor Tamer yesterday along with a Vapor Tamer mouthpiece (I ordered green but they were out so I ended up getting blue), & 10 feet of green hose!!! I was completely stoked with my order & I put the Vapor Tamer in the freezer for 7 hours hoping it would stay cooler longer this way. When my fiance got here, I took the Vapor Tamer out of the freezer & put the mouthpiece in it. All was groovy, perfectly cold hits & then, after maybe 6 hits between the 2 of us, it was room temperature!!! :( WACK!!! PLUS they JUST listed the NEW "Fatty" Vapor Tamer the day I got my regular one!!! I would have ordered that one (It is supposed to stay colder longer & is only 10 bucks more) if I had known it was an option!!! Here is my problem: I put the mouthpiece in after taking the Vapor Tamer out of the freezer (while stone cold sober I'd like to add) & didn't notice until it got warm that I accidentally put the mouthpiece almost 1/2 inch too deep into the Vapor Tamer itself!!!
1zckbqv.jpg

(Waaay past the ground glass on glass connection). I left it in the freezer overnight, mouthpiece & all & it still will NOT budge!!! :( I wanted to replace the blue mouthpiece with a green one when they got those in again but now I can't!!! Because the Vapor Tamer itself is filled with Glycerin & made of thinner glass I am terrified me (or my fiance) will break it trying to remove the mouthpiece!!! The only thing I DO know is I can't get it too warm... "*Warning: The Vapor Tamer should not be subject to higher than 95 when cleaning to avoid super heating." So if you know how to remove a ground glass on glass Vapor Tamer from it's mouthpiece PLEASE let me know!!! Thanx!!!
-Lindsey

Lindsey,

LivingInSpin

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I'm glad to be here and I'll do my small part to keep this place classy.

And, welcome Lindsey! I don't know about your Vapor Tamer, but you should get used to it. I hear that all sorts of things start malfunctioning after 30. ;)

I'm sure someone here will have some useful suggestions for it though.

LivingInSpin,

Lindsey

VA_Kottonmouth_Kween
LivingInSpin said:
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I'm glad to be here and I'll do my small part to keep this place classy.

And, welcome Lindsey! I don't know about your Vapor Tamer, but you should get used to it. I hear that all sorts of things start malfunctioning after 30. ;)

I'm sure someone here will have some useful suggestions for it though.

Welcome to you too!!! :) I know a lot of things will malfunction after 30... Damnit!!! LOL... Getting old doesn't mean I can't still enjoy sweet Mary Jane though, thank God!!! ;) I don't know HOW I did THAT sober though!!! I blew my own mind with that one!!! I wrote 7th floor & the lady told me "As for the mouth piece, if you run warm water over the joint and gently twist the two pieces apart, they should eventually slide apart with no problem." I am geting ready to try it now :uhoh: ...I hope it works!!!
:peace:
-Lindsey

Lindsey,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Hi Lindsey, welcome. You've got an interesting problem (the vapor tamer that is!), that has had me racking my brains. Unfortunately I can't offer any answer, but I'm still thinking. I reckon if you post it as a new question thread in the 'ask FC' section far more people will notice and I think you'll get some great advice. It might not get noticed by as many members in this thread.

You gotta be able to swap the mouthpiece to complete the green colour scheme!

Edit: just seen your post before mine with 7th floor advice. good luck.

WatTyler,

Lindsey

VA_Kottonmouth_Kween
WatTyler said:
Hi Lindsey, welcome. You've got an interesting problem (the vapor tamer that is!), that has had me racking my brains. Unfortunately I can't offer any answer, but I'm still thinking. I reckon if you post it as a new question thread in the 'ask FC' section far more people will notice and I think you'll get some great advice. It might not get noticed by as many members in this thread.

You gotta be able to swap the mouthpiece to complete the green colour scheme!

Edit: just seen your post before mine with 7th floor advice. good luck.

... Green & black are my favorite colors & with my black DBV I HAVE to have green everything else... and now I CAN!!! WOO HOO!!! I took it back out of the freezer, let it warm up a bit & tried turning it the opposite direction without any water & BAM it came off AND NOTHING BROKE!!! :D I am a VERY happy girl!!! Go me!!! ;) Now I just gotta find a way to keep it colder longer!!! 7 hours in the freezer=6 cold hits then it's like not even using it is SOOO not worth 75 bucks!!! Thank you both that responded to me!!!... I like it here :)
:peace:
-Lindsey

Lindsey,

Lo

Hi and welcome to FC folks!! Glad to have you here! Tons of great info here if you poke around.

Glad you got your glass unstuck Lindsey!! That's a great thing ;)

Lo,
Newb here... Hello all

Hey all you vape lovers I'm one myself. A little bit about my arsenal I currently have an arizer extreme Q 2010, vapor genie and a few bowls and bongs that never get used anymore. Stopping in to say hey ive been a lurker for awhile now decided why not join... Vape on!

Newbie2shoes,
Top Bottom