Weird News Stories of the Day.....

florduh

"Take control of one of 6 Patriots as you battle through the Capitol, collecting ballots, taking hostages, and fighting the police. Or play as the Capitol Police and use every means at your disposal to prevent the Patriots from getting to the roof with enough ballots to Stop the Steal," the game's website states.

image.png

image.png

coolbreeze

The government should not be getting involved how parents raise their children.
I wouldn't say this exactly because sometimes we (the gov't ) have to be involved: product safety, educational standards, inoculations, etc and so forth, but yeah, whenever the right-wing asks, "But what about the children?" You can safely assume they are trying to reduce your choices in an underhanded, duplicitous, and, if they can manage it, cruel manner.

What they really mean is, "What about the children...learning things about life that undermine our paranoid, delusional, and abusive take on life?"

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Radwin Bodnic

Madtater

This getting more and more absurd...
Is it really that big of a deal though? I mean every student has a tablet these days. My daughter had one in second grade (now in 7th). Hooked up to the internet and everything. Who needs a dictionary when everything anyone ever needs to know is on-line these days?

This would be like people getting upset they removed encyclopedias from schools.

I don’t see why this is a big deal. Of course the media spins everything as a big deal depending on what their agenda is and who they support or don’t. In this case, they are linking the book removal with some law they don’t like made by someone they don’t like.

Gosh i hope people are smarter and don’t fall for this garbage.

Madtater,
Reactions: cosimo

florduh

I don’t see why this is a big deal. Of course the media spins everything as a big deal depending on what their agenda is and who they support or don’t. In this case, they are linking the book removal with some law they don’t like made by someone they don’t like.

Well, you didn't read the article. The school isn't removing dictionaries because the kids are getting iPads. They're removing dictionaries to stay compliant with Rhonda Santis's stupid fucking laws. That's why the dictionaries are going away. "The media" is accurately reporting the story.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member

Last edited:
Top Bottom