Warm water, higher % of molecules in gas phase...

Drxx

I'm loving the chemistry in this thread. (pun may very well be intended)

:)

Drxx,

zymos

No, you are using the looser term. Check it yourself. The correct term for what you have been discussing is terpenoids.

Nowhere did I say terpenes are not found in cannabis.

Then what ARE you saying, and why do you say I've not been discussing terpenes? I've mentioned limonene a couple of times.
It is practically the textbook definition of a terpene, and I can't imagine any chemist looking at limonene and saying that it is NOT a terpene. Is limonene not found in cannabis?

zymos,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Then what ARE you saying, and why do you say I've not been discussing terpenes? I've mentioned limonene a couple of times.
It is practically the textbook definition of a terpene, and I can't imagine any chemist looking at limonene and saying that it is NOT a terpene. Is limonene not found in cannabis?

What part of "Nowhere did I say terpenes are not found in cannabis." are you having trouble with?

I think if you do just a little homework, you'll find that sometimes the term terpenes is used loosely exactly as you are doing. You'll also find papers referring to limonene as a terpenoid. The compounds under discussion here are terpenoids, limonene notwithstanding. Wikipedia is not a always a reliable source, incidentally. As it happens, when I encountered this thread I had just finished reviewing this topic with a chemist whose job includes gas analysis. Nothing personal, but I'm going with his opinion over yours.

pakalolo,

zymos

What part of "Nowhere did I say terpenes are not found in cannabis." are you having trouble with?

The part I'm having trouble with is where you came in and said terpenes are not responsible for the taste and are only "sap".
Limonene is found in cannabis.
Limonene, as I learned about 30 years before Wikipedia was invented, is a terpene.
Has the nomenclature changed? Does the word "terpene" have a specific chemical meaning?

Oh well, getting WAY too pedantic even for me, and also not very usefull for anyone else, so feel free to have the last word...

zymos,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
Just got my bong from the mail
Its totally awesome

I tested hot water, its kind of cool, but now I'm vaping trough room temperature water, and its cool too

My sinuses are happy

I added fresh lemon juice on the water, its sweet

Roger D,
Top Bottom