Discontinued VRIPtech Heating Wand

CapnVape

Damn Spiral,

Those bowls are frickin' awesome. I bet most of the FC'ers with a VHW, including me, are now dying to get their hands on one of those sets.

CapnVape,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
:bowdown: The colors are gorgeous on those things and it looks like it fits the VHW like a glove. The growing glass collection is sick! That's probably one of the downsides of gettnig a VHW, you want to buy a lot more glass to keep it from getting lonely!

stonemonkey55,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Are their any updates in VHW world stonemonkey? Im wondering about things like the gong joints new silicone the new pro water tool, im planning on ordering soon but may wait depending on this stuff, thanks.

Survivalism,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Congrats on being smoke free - the GonG joints are VERY close to being finished, there were a few minor tweaks they wanted to do before releasing it.

The new silicone sleeves prob another 3-4 weeks or so...

Next Gen Vrip Water tool is still a ways out, we're gonna keep it on the smaller side, slightly larger than the current Pro model, but the perc that is going into it is going thru mods to make sure it still works really good.

VHW stands are also being redesigned, we found the current one retained far too much heat and started warping the handles. Back to the drawing board!

Sorry didn't have more positive news other than "wait and see" but we're getting everything together in due time. If you are waiting for anything, I would wait on the GonG joints, the other things, not sure on the ETA for those, some things are built without time constraints here - :argh:

stonemonkey55,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Thanks on the congrats, it has been SO EASY using the e-cigarette haha

Sounds good to me man, ill wait and probably pick up the wand and a 14 and 18 bowl

Survivalism,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Nilo, just wanted to make sure you got a soft copy of the directions emailed to you. I'll be doing customer service for Vriptech for a few more weeks before transitioning off to focus on my day job but always here to help fokls that might need help with their VHW.

stonemonkey55,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Vriptech Update

We figured out why some of the glass heaters have been cracking when cooling down. It appears one of the tools our glass blower uses had been tweeked and misaligned. This was an issue that the naked eye most likely wouldn't catch but the effects were obviously evident. We have corrected this problem and future heaters will be much more resistant to this issue.

Have a good weekend and happy vaping!

stonemonkey55,
Reactions: Dr. Love

Beezleb

stonemonkey55 said:
Vriptech Update

We figured out why some of the glass heaters have been cracking when cooling down. It appears one of the tools our glass blower uses had been tweeked and misaligned. This was an issue that the naked eye most likely wouldn't catch but the effects were obviously evident. We have corrected this problem and future heaters will be much more resistant to this issue.

Have a good weekend and happy vaping!
applause, congrats and way to go in correcting that issue.

Beezleb,

jcw919

oh man, right after i bought a different vape my only concern with the vhw is fixed!

jcw919,

nilo

Wassup StoneMoney,

I haven't recieved any instructions or notices via email. I will send you a pm from this site to verify my correct email addy.

thanks!

stonemonkey55 said:
Nilo, just wanted to make sure you got a soft copy of the directions emailed to you. I'll be doing customer service for Vriptech for a few more weeks before transitioning off to focus on my day job but always here to help fokls that might need help with their VHW.

nilo,

Buzzby

Admittedly, I didn't read every word of the 29 pages in this thread, but I did search for every instance of "silicone". My silicone sleeve got hard, cracked, and is in the process of crumbling into silicone dust. I didn't read about that happening to other users. Has anyone else had this problem? I hope the new silicone sleeves correct the problem. I've had my VHW for three weeks and I'm having a hard time using it because I can't get a decent seal against the bowl.

I like SM's idea of cutting a silicone bushing off of a sleeve and using it to line the entrance of the bowl. Pushing glass against glass to attempt to get a good seal scares me and is probably not the best way to get a seal. A silicone sleeve could be left on the unit for thermal mass or perhaps something else to accomplish the same purpose.

Buzzby,

superconducter

hey all vap-o-noughts!

I just discovered the Vrip Heat Wand after trying to get a PD week after week. I searched for an alternative and while this is comparing apples to oranges it looks like a winner.

So, some questions since I have not been following this. I'd appreciate any feedback before I jump in.

1.) I'm not clear exactly how this interfaces with my current glass bong. Is all you need the 'vaporization chamber bowl?' I am concerned how this will......or IF it will fit over the bowl of my bong. Not sure exactly how that works.

2.) Looking through the 30 pages of posts I have not seen much on temperatures or temperature regulation. Has anyone tested the unit to see how hot it is when operating and/or if it is adjustable? Any problems w/ burning or not getting enough vapor?

3.) I noticed there is a current discussion about resolving problems w/ the design. Is that something I should take into consideration and wait for a new model? Is one in the works???

4.) In the end, this may be what i was looking for to begin with - a bong but with no combustion. The idea of vaporization w/ water AND ice is just amazing. Does that seem to work better with bigger or smaller bongs? I'm thinking about the vapor to air ratio and if a big bong will be....well, just too big considering the volume of vapor is smaller (?) than the volume of combusted gasses/smoke from 'traditional' lighting???

Thanks all!

superconducter,

superconducter

Thanks dude.

I've been really sick and thought someone could help me out as I mentioned I had browsed 30+ pages and still didn't really understand exactly how this would work with my bong and if the technical problems had been resolved.

I was hoping for a forum where people could take a few seconds to answer a question instead of the same amount of time to tell someone to go look.

Man, if I had found those answers I wouldn't be asking. My posts have been pretty basic and to the point - i.e. not a lot of wasted bandwidth on my part on this message board.

I still don't understand the technical problems with this product so can someone give an opinion as to whether or not it's best to wait 'till they sort it out?

Thanks!

superconducter,

spikyvape

As far as i know there were some problems with the production of the 1st line
heatercovers. Wenn they cooled down they could crack but that problem is solved.

Also there wass a problem with not getting hot enough, also solved

Cracking from the silicone sleeve, i think they have the new line silicone sleeves now !

It fits easy on your bong, i have a 18,8mm roor 3.2 custom. It is a small version and it is
just right for me. I also have a big weedstar and the VCB bowl also works fine there.

I have the VCB bowl with 2 rubber rings and it fits my roor diffusor perfectly !

:2c:

spikyvape,

superconducter

Great to know!

Really, thanks a lot. Now I can order with confidence.

It's a great idea: an external heat source to vaporize using your existing equipment. Perfect!

Can't wait to get mine.

Thanks again.

Cheers.

superconducter,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
You are good my friend! the tooling has been fixed! Vapor nirvana will follow closely

Just wanted to re-iterate because some people seem to have taken this the wrong way. There are no new wands, just the tooling has been fixed. If you have a functioning wand that has not cracked, most likely yours was one made with the proper tools. If you got one of the wands that cracked, most likely it was made with the misaligned tool.

stonemonkey55,

Buzzby

TylerDurden said:
2. Obvious you didn't read too hard but I don't really care :ko: But the answer is (are?), that the wand doesn't get too hot to burn you while operating, not sure exact temp but I'd imagine it's like the Iolite and hot to the touch kinda like a cup of really hot coffee. There is a temp regulation nob thing on the wand I believe, and I don't remember anything but extremely positive remarks on the vapor density and lack of combustion issues.
I have to differ with you here. The business end of the VHW gets up past 300F, which is plenty hot to burn you (or a surface on which you put it).

At the highest setting, the AVB gets medium-dark brown. I've never had the substance ignite.

Buzzby,

Durden

I am Jack's title
I guess I didn't think he meant grabbing the heating area itself :o and instead the handle section where the wand is meant to be held. Pretty much any heat source that can vaporize material will burn you if touched directly.

Durden,

UrDoinItWrong

Hey, I'm buying one of these tonight and I was just wondering if the issue regarding the silicone sleeve drying/cracking/dying has been resolved? If it's only a matter of me getting a new sleeve after the original one dies in a few months then I really don't care. I have been doing a fuck-ton of research and I am ready to decide on this and BUY something already, but I am just having typical OCD buyers anxiety. It looks like customer service is top notch, but I just want to make sure I end up with a reliable, working daily uber-vape. Should I still expect my sleeve to die out fast? thanks guys.

UrDoinItWrong,
Top Bottom