Discontinued VRIPtech Heating Wand

25cm 9 1/2 in from glass tip to cord(with the cord pulled back along the body of the wand. Hooboy you are in for a treat when you get it! Thick rich viscous vapors comin at ya!

thevapedcrusader,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Just ordered my VHW, i am so excited haha :D Cant wait to get it. Im hoping my 250 ml ehle ships out soon.. gonna suck to get the vhw before the bong haha.

Survivalism,

UrDoinItWrong

On a side note, in the original VHW preview thread there was mention of shaved ice use in the bong; the Snoopy Sno-Cone Machine being the obvious choice for optimal manual ice shaving. Toys 'R Us STILL sells these fuckers, so I am going to see if I can score one to complete AND FULLY OPTIMIZE my VHW setup. At 14.99, you can't go wrong. Target also sells regular non-Snoopy ice shavers for the same price. MMmmmmm....ice filter.

HEY Stonemonkey, where the hell did you get that cool ice cube tray/bottle thing you use to fill the bong in your video?!? I can't find one anywhere, they seem really convenient!

UrDoinItWrong,

stevebeast

any chance if i just order the wand i could find a gong bowl with a decent seal at the headshop, maybe a preoder on the gong fittings. I am dying to get my hands on one i just dont want to buy the water tool or a bunch of adapters if the piece is almost out.

stevebeast,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
I would bank on just getting the wand and picking up a GONG bowl at your head-shop once you receive the VHW.

even If you cant find a bowl to fit it theres always the blazemaster custom bowls...or the EHLE bowls.

so no matter what you wont be bowl-less :cool:

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

stevebeast

i ordered it hopefully this will be a week they ship on thursday, now i just have to find a bowl and get a chance to break it in before the warrenty expires.

stevebeast,

NoSmoke

Received my replacment wand yesterday and all I have to say is "holy crap" this thing has been VASTLY improved. Full review coming soon, I'm so excited the wand is complete!!!!

NoSmoke,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
tried no smokes new wand yesterday with my RooR and hoooooly crap this thing is amazing. the taste with an all glass set up is amazing. Next paycheck im buying one of these. The 12.5mm slider works in a 14.4 GonG joint just fine. Even without the bottom oring on the VCB sealed fine. its just a bit longer than youd have with a GonG. Im going to just buy the slider to have around for when i take the wand to friends house and hopefully get a custom bowl blown. This thing is truely a functioning piece of art. Just checked the website, they have the stand and all the GonG VCBs available for purchase. I hope they dont sellout before next friday.....

i may actaually just get one now......:brow:

minnesnowta,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
This is awesome to read, nothing makes me happier than reading about happy Vrippers! Can't wait to get off of work today, vape a fatty, and place UFC Undisputed - anyone want to battle me on 360 live, my gamer tag is stonemonkey55

stonemonkey55,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
yup i caved and just bought one. this thing is seriously amazing. i dont want to wait anymore....

minnesnowta,

NoSmoke

minnesnowta said:
yup i caved and just bought one. this thing is seriously amazing. i dont want to wait anymore....
:lol: Yes that session was truly amazing, enough to make you buy the thing :lol: but seriously this is my all time favorite smoking (edit: vaping) device period, and thats hard to say when the PD treats me all so nicely!!

NoSmoke,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
EDIT shipped out my ehle 250 today, im supposed to be getting a large roor bowl with it instead of the medium ehle. It looks like my ehle and vhw will actually arrive at prettty much the same time, hoping to get my tracking number by tomorrow.

I plan to use the roor bowl with my wand, ill take some pics of everything when i receive it.

Survivalism,

gak hater

NoSmoke said:
minnesnowta said:
:lol: Yes that session was truly amazing, enough to make you buy the thing :lol: but seriously this is my all time favorite smoking (edit: vaping) device period, and thats hard to say when the PD treats me all so nicely!!
its my favorite also. the pd to me is like sucking on a milkshake
thru a straw,eventually you give up on the straw and grab a spoon.
the vrip delivers a much better volume alot faster
plus the taste can't be beat.
my pd is gathering dust...
i see the gong vcb is now available :cool:
now i have a reason to get a nice bong :brow:

gak hater,

max

Out to lunch
gak hater said:
NoSmoke said:
minnesnowta said:
You're comparing the VHW to the PD? They're about as different as you can get. And if your PD draws that hard you're packing too much, too tight.

But you obviously like big hitters. Blow the dust off that PD and give it or sell it to someone who'll appreciate it.

max,

gak hater

max said:
gak hater said:
NoSmoke said:
You're comparing the VHW to the PD? They're about as different as you can get. And if your PD draws that hard you're packing too much, too tight.

But you obviously like big hitters. Blow the dust off that PD and give it or sell it to someone who'll appreciate it.
the thing is thats all i have to compare with,that and a genie :lol:

i've tried different ways of packin a stem, its just like you said
i like big hits :D
plus for me the warm up wait is a semi issue also (i'm away from home
for very long periods of time from work)
i just want to plug in and go when i get home.
what i end up doing is plugging both in, then i will do a few vrip bowls
and before going to bed i might do a stem if i'm not too ripped.
i will probably end up lending my pd to my brother who loves it
and wants one, but with the availability issues we both don't have the time to
play the refresh/chase game,if it calms down then i will grab another one.
i doubt i will ever sell it, to me its bullet proof and if something happens
to the vrip i have a reliable back up.plus i like the fact you can take it in the car
also. i really like the pd, but since i got the vrip i find i'm using it alot less.

gak hater,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Quick update - the GonG bowls and the VHW stand is (FINALLY) now available!

Gak Hater - Haven't you read the FC rules before posting? No anti-PD comments! Kidding here of course. Honestly, all my other vapes have been gathering dust since I got my hands on the first VHW prototype. The VHW definitely went thru some tough (and very public) growing pains but I think they are at a point where most of the weaknesses have been addressed.

Hit for hit, no other vaporizer can touch the VHW in terms of taste. Some are more durable, easier to use, prettier, etc etc but at the end of the day, there has not been a medicinal club that I have been to, where I have set up a vapor bar that consists of my Vaporfection, SSV, PD, Volcano, and VHW where 9 out of 10 people preferred taking hits from the VHW over the rest.

I am no longer an "employee" of Vriptech and I go to the medicinal clubs to spread the good word about vapor and not to push any one product. I've always followed the philosophy of "the best vaporizer is the one that you will use instead of smoking", so honestly, I could care less what you buy at this point. I'm just expressing my own opinions based on my experiences of going to 2-3 clubs a week and am not down playing any of the other vapes. You want easy vapor? Get a bag based vape. You want something durable? Get a PD. You want the best tasting vapor? Get a VHW. You want something good for party situations? Get a SSV.

stonemonkey55,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
monkey...you've touched on some things I've been wanting to know. Mostly, how does the VHW compare to the SSV and the Herborizer for hits. I don't do much party vaping, so it seems I can put the VHW ahead of the SSV on my list, if you think the hits are thicker with the VHW. I think the VHW and the Herborizer use very similar designs, so I am interested in a performance comparison of these two units. Let me know what you think!

stickstones,

max

Out to lunch
i really like the pd, but since i got the vrip i find i'm using it alot less.
To each his own. It was sort of the reverse for me. Since I got the PD my SSV is the one collecting dust. I was just taking exception to comparison of very different vapes. The PD is complementary to big hitters like the SSV and VHW, not competitive. If anyone out there is trying to decide 'PD or VHW?' :hmm: , then you shouldn't be unless you understand that they're miles apart in design as far as the size of hits they deliver.

max,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Sticks! How's it going my friend? I'd be more than happy to give you a comparison with the VHW, Herbo, and SSV. I have the standard Herbo, not the XL version, just wanted to say that up front.

Between the SSV and the VHW, I would say that vapor density is about equal. I think if you were to ask the various FC members that own the VHW and SSV which one they prefer and why, most would say the VHW due to the quality of taste of the vapor.

Comparing the VHW to the Herbo is a bit trickier. I think this boils down to how you would weight each of their advantages/disadvantages. The Herbo is hands free and prettier. The VHW encapsulates the heating element 100% in glass whereas the air passes the stainless steel heater in the Herbo. As we all know, the SS has no health threats but IMO does slight alter the taste. If you are a traditional bong person that likes to clear his waterpipe after every rip, then it is easier to do that with the VHW. If you want something less cumbersome to us, then go Herbo. The winner here is less clear cut than with the SSV but my preference is still with the VHW for this one reason:

I believe much of the functionality of the VHW can be attributed to the 5 marias (the five rings in the inner sleeve of the heat cover). My hypothesis is the marias increase the thermal mass of the heater cover and get the air swirling in a manner so that when it hits your herbs, you get a very even distribution of the air and a very even bake. When hitting the Herbo or the SSV really, really hard, you will notice the vapor to begin to thin out. To counter this, most people turn up the heat on their units. With the VHW, it seems the marias keep the heat much more consistent so no matter your inhalation style, you will be getting thick clean vapor each time. Oddly enough, it seems the harder you hit, the thicker the vapor you get but overall, vapor density is very consistent.

My final assesment is, given your criteria: VHW > SSV - Its much harder for me to determine a clear favorite between the Herbo and VHW, I really think it is a matter of preference. For what its worth, I use my VHW more than the Herbo. Hope this helps.

stonemonkey55,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
i really like the pd, but since i got the vrip i find i'm using it alot less.

To each his own. It was sort of the reverse for me. Since I got the PD my SSV is the one collecting dust. I was just taking exception to comparison of very different vapes. The PD is complementary to big hitters like the SSV and VHW, not competitive. If anyone out there is trying to decide 'PD or VHW?' thinker , then you shouldn't be unless you understand that they're miles apart in design as far as the size of hits they deliver.
I see your point Max but even if the vapes are miles apart in design, you can still express yourself that you like one better than the other. Just like I prefer an Audi A8 to a Jeep Cherokee. Its not like they were making a blanket statement that the VHW trumps all vapes, just merely their own experience.

stonemonkey55,

UrDoinItWrong

OK...VHW arrived yesterday afternoon. Sweet mother of fucking god....so vaked. I lost all yesterday after 3pm, omg...My roomate and buddy got the hang of it before I did, and they are DEF Vriptech for life now. This is THE best experience I've had with any form of phyto-inhalation, hands down. IMO, nothing can touch this, and I haven't even perfected the technique. I couldn't even figure out how to properly post images before I went to sleep last night, I was practically incapacitated, and that NEVER happens to me. Review vid and pics coming soon, with the VWT AND MY ROOR WITH PERCS WITH GONG BOWL!!! Jeeeeeeezus. Send help.

UrDoinItWrong,

UrDoinItWrong

stonemonkey55 said:
This is awesome to read, nothing makes me happier than reading about happy Vrippers! Can't wait to get off of work today, vape a fatty, and place UFC Undisputed - anyone want to battle me on 360 live, my gamer tag is stonemonkey55
Oh, you know IT's ON!!!

GT: IronRonin36

UrDoinItWrong,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Love that gamertag dude! I must warn you, this is the one video game that I got skills in! If I do lose, I just load up the VHW, vape, and my super video game powers come back! :spliff:

stonemonkey55,
Top Bottom