Discontinued VRIPtech Heating Wand

Costanza

Hey, no problem. I appreciate the quick reply. I just wanted to check about the silicon sleeve before I cut it. Is this too long?

And the VCB:

Costanza,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Costanza - that looks right, I think you have a defective unit. I just left you a voicemail, give me a call and we can get this squared away.

stonemonkey55,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Mushroom perc worked really well but kind of draggy, will be experimenting with this new perc, have you guys seen this design before? Supposed to be a new style where a splash guard isn't required. We're looking at this because we like to fill the throat of the water tool with as much ice as possible and the splash guards were eating up at least 3inchs of tube space! i love doing R&D for Mark - hopefully this will have the same effects as the mushroom but with less drag.

upercvx6.jpg

stonemonkey55,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
it seem like a disk or ring perc for no stem less bong !!! look great,I think it will be better than mushroom one !!

Clear_Dome,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Yeah, saucer/UFO perc. Sweet.....

Well, it arrived!!! She's being unwrapped and I'm making a vid as we speak. ;) Post my initial thoughts after I toy with her for a bit...

SpiralArchitect,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
SA - That's a pretty cool video, props that you sat down and basically showed the world the experience of getting the package, setting up the unit, and then using it for the first time. I would say that you'll be a pro by the third or fourth round on this thing.

The part about the dial being confusing, there is actually a little dot right above the dial that should help you dial in the temperature. Its pretty small actually so i can see why you would miss it. I actually took a small little sharpie pens and filled in one of the hash marks to help make it dummy proof to dial it in.

I know you said you liked the taste but did you notice it being any different than your whip based vapor bong set up?

stonemonkey55,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
SM, If you don't mind, could you link any quality reviews of the VHW that are posted (like SA's) to the first post of this thread to make them easier for others to find.

You rock for spreading the word about this new, awesome creation and helping ensure that those who have purchased the VHW have enjoyable experiences with their new tools (I am sure Mark, in addition to the rest of us, appreciates it).

Everyone, vrip one for stonemonkey55 (What's that? You don't have one yet? :lol: JK)

edit: Cookiegirl saw the videos and says that the VHW looks "sexy" :D

Progress,

CosmicStar

Thanks for posting the vid SpiralArchitect.

The "Skimmed-Milk" gets thick at the end; just what I wanted confirmed.

May I suggest adding ice (or frozen otter pops) to cool your toke, however.

Vrip-On.

CosmicStar,

Honey Bear

Yo illll video Spiral! Thanks for posting that...I really needed something because for unknown reasons my friend's hasn't arrived yet! It was so cool to see the process of getting it from package to vapor...looked like some delicious skim milk. Dayum to 8:40...so sick. Can't wait to join the team! Keep on enjoying Spiral.

Honey Bear,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Honey bear, email info@vriptech with your friends name and I will see where it is at in transit.

stonemonkey55,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
I'm still learning the technique, and yes, I can get denser vapor in the bong using my VaporWarez, but the ritual (I was really reminiscing of days ripping the bong ) and taste don't compare. From the warm resinous hits the PD delivers, to the starchy dry ones in my VaporWarez, this thing delivers in the taste department... may have to elaborate later... but that all glass air path really does seem to make a difference. :2c:

In time I'm sure I can match the density, but I am still learning...

SpiralArchitect,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
SA - just curious what temp you were vaping at? Maybe turn it up a little to get thicker vapes? Thanks for the review again, it was cool to watch someone go thru the process of learning to use the VHW for the first time, as always, if there are any questions feel free to contact me!

Progress - I put spirals like on page 1 at your request

stonemonkey55,

Frickr

stonemonkey in your sig is the virptech vhw suppose to be vwh? just curious i just noticed it after reading through some posts about this

Frickr,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Frickr - thanks, guess I'm just dyslexic, I changed it to the correct acronym.

stonemonkey55,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Spiral--as per usual, your video rocks. Thank you so much for taking the time and making the effort. BTW, your bluedot is really sweet (just the right size for vapor it seems :brow:). I'm really excited waiting for my VripTech gear to arrive...I don't know whether I'm more excited to have the fun opportunity of learning to use a new tool or at the simultaneous prospect of tasting/feeling the results. Either way...:p

You mention the need to practice and develop technique and that's true; even operating the unit seems to be a bit cumbersome at the moment but it will no doubt get easier with time. All of these new rituals seem to have a technique of their own, whether it just be in the method of delivery or the actual breathing techniques/heat adjustments that seem to yield the best results from a given vaporizer set up. You're already making clouds and my bet goes to them getting thicker. I can't wait to join you.

Thanks again for the video! :peace:

partially veiled,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
I was setting it at full temp, then turning it 1/4 back.... cranking up the heat did make more vapor, but the flavor was noticeably different (high temp + end of bowl).

I got an hour or so before work, so maybe I'll VRIP a bit before heading to work. :brow:

edit///

yo dude, nice of you to stop by :D

even operating the unit seems to be a bit cumbersome at the moment but it will no doubt get easier with time.
I don't know why I had the 'receiver/intake' (for the heat wand) tilted so I would angle my heat wand vertically, sm55 does it like this, and I asked if it's okay to change it in the chat, but I can't remember his response. Refresh sm55?

I rotated it so I'm placing the heat wand in the intake horizontally (parallel with ground) and it's much more comfortable, not to mention I can really see what I am doing better.

double edit///

Just so people know, that wasn't as much as a 'review' as a first impressions. I'll give a full review in true SA style in the days/weeks to come.

Thanks dude. :D
vvvvvvvv

SpiralArchitect,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
SA- you can use the intake at whatever angle suits u best. Once you find your right angle should be easy to use once get used to it

stonemonkey55,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Yes I understand what you're talking about with the direction of the VCB. That's just one of the areas you get to frig around with and experiment with now, at this early time while you're still "perfecting" your technique/ritual. Clearing the bong and what to do with the wand itself etc. is bound to take some time to master. There is actually a lot of room for experimentation with this vaporizer...I can't wait to join the fun! Have a good time NOW! Soon it WILL be ritual, habit, whatever, and there won't be so much experimenting. Just vripping. Heh :p

I just watched the video again, and dude you are getting some nice hits right now. Vapor is tricky shit and lighting and all that can be hard. The clouds you just blew were still much bigger than what were showing on your initial PD video, and we all know what THOSE hits turned into. :lol: So it's all good, can't wait to see the second video. I wish I had a way to share some hits like that, but alas my camera is markedly less fancy. Boo-urns.

One thing I will mention is that I was hearing some "clink" noises when you were putting the wand on that plate; is it the best solution or just sort of a temporary one? I've been wondering myself what I'm going to do with that hot wand, and I've thought of a couple of solutions but I supposed I wouldn't really know which works best until my stuff arrives. How do you find handling the wand itself? Is the glass heater cover decently thick? Is it awkward? Is the wand well balanced? As I said I've got some ideas for how to keep a hot wand safe but I don't know--I really need to see the damn thing.

Anyway...I'm sure it will become second nature in time. I need to get my hands on both some herb and my gear before I can start experimenting, but I will join in when I can. Good luck and keep us updated!

Keep on vripping and PD sipping and it'll be OK. Thanks SA. :p

partially veiled,

KeepCalm

Reindeer, reindeer, reindeer
PV - I use a mic stand to hold my homemade heat wand. Super handy place to hold it between bong rips and it also facilitates whip hits. I recommend this to any heat wand user!

KeepCalm,

NoSmoke

well i got my wand today havent had a chance to use it cause im at work but i've noticed that the silicone cover was not cut straight and the glass heater cover wiglgles when i touch it , i figured maybe i can take the silicon heater cover off and cut it myself to straighting it, might make it smaller though and maybe just tighten the screw to fix the looseness in the cover idk. what do you think sm???

NoSmoke,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
NoSmoke - awesome that you got it. Feel free to trim your silicone to fit properly, I've actually "beveled" mine but it took a long time to do. Don't worry if it isn't "perfect" as long as it makes a nice seal. We've been having trouble cutting these things perfect as most conventional tools will pinch at a certain area. Just some growing pains we are going through so please bear with us. Feel free to tighten the screw on the heat cover but be careful to not use too much force. I tightened my replacement heater cover so tight I heard a crack, I was so sad, luckily i was smart enough to request two replacements. Just tighten it enough to fix the looseness but don't crank it too tight and you should be good.

stonemonkey55,
Top Bottom