Discontinued VRIPtech Heating Wand

NoSmoke

Does anyone know if these are going to be shipped out today?? My eagerness to squezze this thing is killing me!!!

NoSmoke,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
So N3rds piece works great as an inline bubbler but unfortunately, the angle doesn't fit on my VWT. I'm going to have him reangle the male GG joint that will connect the a/c to the waterpipe.

In the meantime, I did use it just as a straight up bubbler and did notice that the vapor was actually a bit milder. I have been vaping with ice pretty much consistently since I got the VHW a month or two ago and even moisturized vapor was irritating my throat. I'm not sure if I was just so happy to be using this custom made piece that I didn't notice the vapor not being ice chilled, or if the inline perc actually mellowed out the vapor even more....More testing needs to be done!!!

On a side note, everyone's VHW on this forum should be going out today and I should have tracking numbers tomorrow morning. I will also be making my first trip down to the glass blowing facility with Mark tomorrow so hopefully once they put a face to my name, things will flow even smoother Usually this process is all automated but since the VHW aren't on the website, we need to manually process everything which became a huge bottleneck once we got backed up. Automation, automation, automation will make our lives easier but it was still worth it to get these initial rounds out

stonemonkey55,

CapnVape

stonemonkey55 said:
On a side note, everyone's VHW on this forum should be going out today and I should have tracking numbers tomorrow morning.
You just mad my day man. I am so excited to try this baby out. If I'm lucky, my shipment will fly through customs and I'll be vripping by the end of the week.

:peace:

CapnVape,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Finally had a chance to put this video review for N3rd's piece together last night. Hope you guys enjoy! I'm going to go to the manufacturing facility this afternoon then heading off for some international traveling thru the end of the week. I'll try and send everyone their tracking number when I get a hold of them (still don't have em) but since my internet connection will be spotty at best over the next couple of days, please give me a couple of days to answer. Thanks again guys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToAgDpbA29c&feature=channel_page

stonemonkey55,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
look nice but I still wonder what a perc can add to vapor btw super nice piece of glass , sad that it did'nt fit on your vwt , did you show it to n3rd befor he made the perc ? anyway I hope that all will fit , I WANNA SEE A VAP HIT IN A BONG WITH A INLINE !!! :)

keep toking , I hope you'll get fun at the hot shop

Clear_Dome,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
CD - Yeah, N3rd is going to fix it for me. He said that there is no standardized angle for the A/C so he just went with the typical angle he usually uses. Not sure how much it actually helps in the vapor experience but it did "seem" milder than usual. I will do head to head tests with the standard VWT and the N3rd inline to see if the perc/diff makes the smoking experience that much better.

I plan on picking up an inline upright from N3rd!

stonemonkey55,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Nice vid SM55. Such a gnarly setup dude. :D

You may want to invest in some keck clips though.

Also, are all the 'downstems' in that design? I thought it was just a GONG connection, basically a 'bowl', no 'downstem', like yours showed..... :uhoh:

SpiralArchitect,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
SA - if you hold the handle instead of the bubbler itself, then you won't need a clip. If you hold it where the inline perc is, then the handle might fall. Luckily when that happened the first time, I just tightened my grip around the mouthpiece to save it from falling..LOL

Just to clarify, there are two type of taper joints:

TJDS - taper joint with Down stem
TJS - taper joint slider (if you already have the downstem, just get this piece)

stonemonkey55,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Thanks for the clarification and taking care of me SM55!!! I was in the shower when you called thinking to myself 'fuck, I hope I didn't get the wrong piece'. :lol:

I guess in reality the TJDS would work fine, it 's just if I get a diffuser downstem or want to use my colbalt blue one it obviously wouldn't fly. 18.8mm, correct?

Mark should just offer his own downstem diffusers since he has his own 'glass blower'.... never thought of that until now... maybe work on the design (arrangements of slits/holes) to optimize the vaporizing experience.... *shrug*

SpiralArchitect,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
that video just inspired me to want an inline tube all that much more :lol:

10 min preheat? is that for the glass? i thought i read in one of your posts that it was a 1-3 minute preheat
and what is the temp knob range for the mid to high temp vapor, i know you said you prefer lower range, thus half power in that vid (which got some pretty impressive vapor nonetheless) is the max setting still in vapor range or does it have that little bit extra which could allow us to push it?

im already in the minority of people who prefer indica over sativa, and i dont think that lower temps really do indica justice

Acolyte of Zinglon,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
SA - That is an awesome idea, keep them coming, I have that on my list of notes to speak with the glass blower about! sweeeeeeeeet, such a simple idea, diffuser downstem, how could he (or we) have overlooked that?!

AofZ - I said 10 minutes for the first time warm up, just so people get it nice and warm. You really only need a few minutes for it to get to the right temperature but I didn't want anyone to start using it before it was pre-heated to the right temperature. At about 2-3 minutes you can start taking slow inhales, but if you take super hard rips, you can cool it off. Once the entire glass sleeve hits up (after a few more minutes) you can hit it any way you want and it will keep it's temperature very stable.

I'm not sure what the exact heating range is, but with the new VCBs, getting the most out of our ABV or indicas won't be a problem!

Here are some pics that N3rd sent me, enjoy!

007.JPG

013.JPG

009.JPG

stonemonkey55,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
HAAAAA you get some slide with it you bad ass ;) damn nice set, it seem like you'll be an other regular customer of n3rd stuff ;)

Clear_Dome,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Yeah, what are you going to do with those 3 slides?

Was he aware this was going to be used as a vape-tool? IDK, if I had something that sick, I might just smoke out of it... :uhoh: :ninja:

SA - That is an awesome idea, keep them coming, I have that on my list of notes to speak with the glass blower about! sweeeeeeeeet, such a simple idea, diffuser downstem, how could he (or we) have overlooked that?!
:D Cool.... yeah, let me know what the dude thinks of it. Diffusers can be hard to locate for some.. a lot of them are really pricey to for nothing more than a downstem with multiple holes in it.

So, sm55, is that with the reworked male elbow? Also, does this thing have a carb on it? It kind of looks like it does... maybe it's the picture.

SpiralArchitect,

Beezleb

Reminds me of something out Dr. Seuss.

Great vid and what a great glass toy.

Beezleb,

NoSmoke

i second the diffuser downstem, i know i would definetly buy one they are so dam hard to find!!!!

NoSmoke,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
sm55 - talk them about d-cut difused downstem cause the one with hole is a pain in the ass to make , you need to dril it with hot tungsten rod and this is not easy ....d-cut are made with a band saw and take a minut to make , but in my opinion it work not as good as round hole one , but it is better than a straight down stem . I made one for me with hole and it look like a crap but work f#%?ing sweet with extract slide and oil sphere

Clear_Dome,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
For all VHW owners with plentiful supplies: The VHW seems like it could be a powerful tool :o...:tup:. If you can get a nice inline (or swiss perc, glass glob diffuser, redwood tree, beads, etc.) to minimize throat irritation on those 'action-packed' days, it really helps (IME).

With vaping (IME), throat irritation has not been as much of an issue as with smoking, but is still GREATLY helped through pieces that cool well/evenly/efficiently (although you do lose some vapor in the process :rolleyes:)
CD - talk them about d-cut difused downstem cause the one with hole is a pain in the ass to make , you need to dril it with hot tungsten rod and this is not easy ....d-cut are made with a band saw and take a minut to make , but in my opinion it work not as good as round hole one , but it is better than a straight down stem . I made one for me with hole and it look like a crap but work f#%?ing sweet with extract slide and oil sphere
I think slits diffuse/cool better than holes with rare exceptions (I explained this somewhere--fancy glass vape tools thread, maybe?) I second diamond cut over tungsten drilling ;)

SM, is your new catcher/bub slitted (slits) or holy (holes)? (EDIT: I just saw your video...NICE! :brow: ) and... Slides, SM? :o Do you still smoke sometimes (I didn't picture that you would, but some old habits do die hard...)?

Toke it classy, glassy, and (therefore) toke it Vrippy! :D

:peace:

Progress,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
^
Ah man I love your posts :lol:

Yeah, I'm with NoSmoke.. finding a diffuser can be hard. Just including it in those 'combination' you were talking about.

Progress, I've been using my VaporWarez basically daily now that I got my bong in... it's so enjoyable being able to take nice cooled hits. Before, without having access to a bong, the hits seemed harsh and heavy, so I rarely used it. It's just a simple downstem with an icecatcher but boy does it do the trick. I'm having difficulty typing right now... :lol:

Pretty sure SM's inline has slits... It seems like most of them do.

SpiralArchitect,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Yes, N3rd knew this was going to be a vaporizing piece but he pulled too much tubing and made the bowls (they are called slides?) I tipped him generously and he gave me two of them just to keep around, plus they are my wedding colors so my wife likes em!

Progress - SA is correct, my inline has slits and almost zero drag, I'm in LOVE with it. If I could just figure out a way to use it with ice. I agree with you, diffussion is not necessary with vapor, but it does help. I'm not saying it helps a lot, I would still just prefer ice, but it definitely mellows out the vapor, I just can't give any solid empirical numbers like: vapor harshness reduced by 25%

So my trip to the manufacturing facility was very interesting. Never got to see the whole glass blowing process before. I saw a few prototypes of the next gen water tool, it uses a new type of percolator called the "mushroom perc". I snapped a photo below for you to see.

I'm off to Asia until last Saturday night, I'm still waiting for tracking #'s so when I get them, I will definitely forward it along! happy toking everyone!

photo3dg2.jpg

stonemonkey55,

Progress

SM - my inline has slits and almost zero drag, I'm in LOVE with it.
:tup:
SM - If I could just figure out a way to use it with ice.
This may not be what you meant, but how about filling the inline up with as much water as you can and the VPWT with only ice :shrug:.
SM - I just can't give any solid empirical numbers like: vapor harshness reduced by 25%
:lol:
SM - I saw a few prototypes of the next gen water tool, it uses a new type of percolator called the "mushroom perc". I snapped a photo below for you to see.
Cool! If I am seeing this right, the vapor travels from the beaker, into the skinny tube, into the dome (mushroom), and out through the water into the space above when the pressure builds enough inside of the dome (mushroom).

IMO, transformer/connectable/removable pieces (like the Catcher/Bub Combo, Illadelph glycerin attachmnets, removable tree in CD's glass thread, etc.) are some of the possible future trajectories of glass vapor accessories :cool:.

On that note (and because it is almost lunchtime :mmmm: (finally got to use that icon :lol:), I will take my turn with the hammer and strike the GonG hoping for Mark to hear (proud to be plastics free :brow: -- silicone sleeve optional ;))

Toke it easy (and toke it glassy, classy, and Vrippy!) :peace:

Progress,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Interesting, so VRIP is going to make a percolated water tool. Ice notches too I hope.... I've never seen a perc like that before. Any idea on the pricing for those puppies? and did you get any info on possible diffuser downstems?

Have a good trip dude, let's hope our toys arrive while your gone! :D

SpiralArchitect,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Definitely had ice notches, I took a video of me using it yesterday and will try and work on it on the plane ride and upload it when I land. The piece is pretty sweet but I'm fairly inexperienced when it comes to uber high end water pieces so don't really have anything to compare it to.

I did have a question though, all the different types of percs, what are the main pros/cons to each type? I've asked several people and most of them just told me aesthetics. I was just so wowed by all the fun stuff I saw yesterday, I never got that question answered.

Cool! If I am seeing this right, the vapor travels from the beaker, into the skinny tube, into the dome (mushroom), and out through the water into the space above when the pressure builds enough inside of the dome (mushroom).
You got it, is that any different than a dome perc? The guy basically told me the mushroom perc is his newest creation, I must say I like it very much but when I visited our fancy water tool thread, it looked very much like a dome perc.

Cleardome - I will ask about the d-cut diff next time!

stonemonkey55,

Progress

Yeah SM! I just saw your VHW video with your N3RD inline (don't know how I missed that one?)

Inline looks tight (performance-wise too! :tup:). I like to fill'em as much as possible w/o getting water in my mouth (better pressure/action). I never fill less than the entire bottom chamber (personal preference). I also always hold those attachments with my index finger over the top of the bend near the female GonG and connect my index finger with my thumb (like an OK symbol--my middle finger supports it from underneath (personal preference too ;) ).

Looks sweet (still looking foreword to getting a VHW when the time is right for me ;) ).

Mmmm....all glass VHW with crazy glass water/ice/electric cooling/filtration tools :mmmm:

Progress,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Progress - was hoping you could answer my question about the different percs and the benefits/drawbacks of each...

Also, I edited my message above but the mushroom and dome perc look really similar. Can you see any difference?

stonemonkey55,

Progress

I guess this discussion of filtration/cooling devices applied to the VHW due the R&D you (SM) informed us was going on regarding new VWT's (not to mention the potential for consumers with good ideas to have an impact on its development.

I hope you don't mind that I answer in the fancy glass thread (maybe stir up conversation/get input from others with good insight/etc.).

BAM IT'S THERE! (response to comment below) :rofl:

Progress,
Top Bottom