Discontinued VRIPtech Heating Wand

Reijuojuejiavohykuij

'_.|-:_':'||-_'.:|:-'.---
The UPS auto track email isn't working. It would have likely shipped already from when your post was written.

-

Yeah though, I get how to vaporize now with it. Didn't realize you had to breathe slow and such. Only breathing forcefully at the end to ensure the vapor's deep-set in the lungs. Just have some leaves/stems right now and catnip, not sure when I'll get the inflorescences again.

Reijuojuejiavohykuij,

lookmomnohands

Question for those who have been fortunate to have used/owned both in the past:

How does the VHW compare to the Steinel heat gun that Vriptech also sells? I am the proud owner of a VHW but I have broken the glass cover twice (i am clumsy and rough at times). I am willing to replacement it again but fear that my clumsiness will lead me to even more cover replacements down the line. Clearly no one likes throwing money out like that.

Hence the request for a comparison w/ the Steinel. It looks tough, I think it would be able to handle more damage than the VHW, I also like how it has the variable digital temp. aspect. However, it also looks big , bulky, and possibly heavy. Any thoughts on the two would be great.

lookmomnohands,
Lookmom, I've never used a heat gun setup, but you might be happier with an LSV-type vaporizer than that, if you want something similar to the VHW but more durable. The LSV is for me a marked downgrade in flavor but besides that is a great competitor, being very tough, effective, and also made in the US.

charliedontsurf,
Well said charlie. I too have never used a heat gun, I've never heard of any health complaints but I recall stone saying once that even a Steinel wasn't meant to be inhaled through. I own a LSV and a a VHW and I would recommend small glass; my larger glass does not milk quite as well and requires many primes with both units. If you are clumsy the LSV will def more travel friendly. What ever one you choose (VHW160.00 from Randy@PIU or LSV) you need the 7th Floor shorty bowl to reduce the primer hit as much as possible (MORE conduction). The bowl designed to work with the LSV will work with the VHW.

All in all the VHW has slightly better taste, yet more air restriction and is cheaper and more healthy, just need that shorty bowl!

biojuggernaut,

lookmomnohands

thanks for the suggestion gentlemen! the LSV is indeed cheaper than a Steinel...looking into it! might make an ebay purchase soon too. thats all im going to say though so as to not cloud the VHW thread with LSV talk.

EDIT:

I also forgot to add that even with the frosted cover broken (that which covers the heating element) I am still able to use the VHW. works just the same. not sure if its safe to do so or not but its the only vaporizer I have.

lookmomnohands,

VapeHead.com

Retailer
I dropped my Steinel a while back - LCD no longer displays the temp D'oh. Good excuse to upgrade, this thing lasted me 10 years of Vriptech vaping and I still use it for the Valloon when not using the VHW.

VapeHead.com,

ShadowVape

Vrip CSR
Manufacturer
Wanted to post to clarify something I've answered alot of emails regarding lately: the patented two-piece VripTech VCBS or Vaporization Chamber Bowl Shorty (as with our VCB HG) is specifically designed to create a sequetial venturi effect in the convective air flow used to extract the aromatic essences and all active vapor components. This design is distinct from any once piece bowl designs in both form and function.

The VCB design approach is especially effective when you have plant medicines with a broad temperature range across which the aromatics and other actives release. In essence, (pun intended LOL) a smaller sample size and fast as possible and complete and even as possible extraction is the only way to get real broad spectrum vapor in the same inhalations that has all of the aromatics and actives in ratios similar to the tiny amount of active vapor found in smoke. This fact, combined with process-related oxidation is one of the main reasons why "vaporizers" where viewed as novelty items and not really daily functional devices for decades by the smoking cultures that would otherwise have appreciated the return to ancient wisdom they represented.

ShadowVape,
high everybody?! Just chiming in to say how much i love this machine nearly four years on n still powering along, thick greasy fog all day long! Ive seen a few posts mentioning flipping screens, i just trim four fifths of fuck all off the screen all the way round then get a skewer and wedge that puppy under the lip at the bottom of the lower bowl piece, well, works fer me just be careful with the bits that you trim off cos those fuckers are sharp and wanna make your foot their new home! Big shout out to Mr Mark "The Real"McCoy hope all is well. Peace people

ShadowVape

Vrip CSR
Manufacturer
Right on Crusader!!! Appreciate the props and good tips on the screen. I usually push my screen all the way down and then push it up with a poker or other similar (a chopstick works good) while holding it down just below the o-ring groove and flatten it out or even make it a tad convex and this allows me to pack bigger bowls (give thanks!) and the screen never jumps if poked too hard. it can be done without trimming the screen, but by trimming the edges like you've described it will sit much easier and require substantially less "shaping" and "positioning" which can in fact become a bit of an art form! One of our customers turned me on to the honeycomb glass screens and the vapor brothers ceramic screens and I have used both with some success...they work great just are a bit of a pain because they are loose. But if you're really hell bent on having nothing but glass it definitely is a viable approach. We've tried numerous glass screen designs in our R&D efforts and our manufacturing partner HiSi already has a couple of fixed glass screen variations in rotation, but we have not nailed a fixed one or removable one that is scalable into production in our VCBs and I honestly can't say I notice any sacrifice using the tiny amount of stainless mesh we use (and I am a vapor SNOB). That said I will keep the dream alive and we will have more options at some point.

ShadowVape,

vape4life

Banned for life
Thanks Shadow, that sounds pretty encouraging. One of the main things that turned me off the vrip was that screen flipping in the bowl all the time...soooo frusrtating. If the Cloud doesn't turn out to be what I think it is I will be reconsidering this vape and picking up the 007 kit again (and the new bubbler ofcourse).

vape4life,

ShadowVape

Vrip CSR
Manufacturer
"One of the main things that turned me off the vrip was that screen flipping in the bowl all the time...soooo frusrtating."----right on bro appreciate the honesty and we definitely acknowledge the screen can be a hassle at first; once you get it "seasoned" though it should sit no worries even if you use the upper position. That said you can always go with the technique vapedcrusader and I described to position the screen lower and it definitely won't flip!

ShadowVape,

Hotboxvapebongin

Hey FC! just wanted to share some of my love for the VHW ! I am enjoying some of my herb with my personal favorite setup :). Thanks to FC and to stonemonkey for making me want to buy one. Also just wanted to say that once the bowl is seasoned the stainless steel screen shouldnt give you any more problems.

Hotboxvapebongin,
"One of the main things that turned me off the vrip was that screen flipping in the bowl all the time...soooo frusrtating."----right on bro appreciate the honesty and we definitely acknowledge the screen can be a hassle at first; once you get it "seasoned" though it should sit no worries even if you use the upper position. That said you can always go with the technique vapedcrusader and I described to position the screen lower and it definitely won't flip!

Any thought about using some ice-pinches in your bowl to hold in the screen, ala the LSV waterpipe adapters? It's not like they were the first geniuses to think it up, I'm sure the idea is quite old.

charliedontsurf,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Nice set up and nice looking nugs Hotboxvapebongin! What type of perc is that, a UFO perc?? Looks familiar but I'm not 100% sure...

charliedontsurf I keep seeing this screen discussion recently. I have no problems with my screens...other than getting a new one in when I need to! However once it's in, it's in for a long long time. I think maybe people are missing what Mark is saying about forcing the screen down into the lower section of the bowl, literally at the bottom of the bowl JUST where it starts to widen:

I usually push my screen all the way down and then push it up with a poker or other similar (a chopstick works good) while holding it down just below the o-ring groove and flatten it out or even make it a tad convex and this allows me to pack bigger bowls (give thanks!) and the screen never jumps if poked too hard.

This is by far the best method. You end up with a screen that is slightly convex when viewed from above, and it works beautifully (especially once "seasoned"). Admittedly this type of screen placement is not easy; it takes some time and even after practice it still takes me some effort. I have definitely destroyed some screens while trying to replace them. Again, I do however find that once the screens are secured using this method they last for a great long time. I've actually used this same placement method to secure TI screens in my VCB before as well.

I've read over what I've just written and quoted and I think that I understand why people aren't getting this. It is apparently very, very hard to describe this accurately in words. If I get some time soon (I am REALLY busy right now but I'll try hard, promise) I will try to make a video showing this type of forced screen placement. Anyone who already seats their screens like this and can beat me to making a video please feel free to do so! This screen placement is definitely worth doing for those who have never tried it! :2c: :peace: errybody

partially veiled,

Hotboxvapebongin

yeah they do make some nice functional pieces. decent prices and nice durability. thanks for the positive vibes partially veiled. happy vaping :)

Hotboxvapebongin,
Partially, I have done the same thing and gotten a nicely semi-permanent fixture of the screen which lasted for weeks without needing to be messed with. And I want to also say that your many posts in this thread contributed greatly to my decision to get a VHW, which is now the favorite of all my vapes.

With that in mind, I still think a LSV-type, ice pinch solution holds the screen more securely and is more user friendly than the VHW's stock bowl - I love the ice pinches, frankly. They allow you to rake a poker across the screen very forcefully to clear it without any threat of dislodging the bowl, for when you just need it cleared right now - you can turn it upside down, shake it out, throw it out a window, etc, and not worry about the screen moving. I'm trying to think of a better screen system right now and simply can't.

The VHW is a gem in its stock design, but these days I run it almost entirely sans silicone, using a large martini-style bowl.

charliedontsurf,

mob

mmj over bs
been eyeing this vape for a while,

maybe its finally time to pick one up.

Any 420 sales?

mob,

mob

mmj over bs
^^decent deal, would prefer the newest model though. doing some searching most companies are offering some good deals for 4/20 i'll let yall know if i find something good.

mob,

vape4life

Banned for life
Keep in mind JohnDeere has a few ver.3's he'll be selling in the classifieds soon. good luck, and no Cloud? lol

vape4life,
Top Bottom