Discontinued VRIPtech Heating Wand

ShadowVape

Vrip CSR
Manufacturer
What up family? Thanks for the detailed review BlackBur....I will only add one detail and that is if a user wants a smoke/vapor hybrid instead of the cleaner and more potent "blue vapor" all you have to do is turn it up to full heat from the usual 80-90% approximate heat setting for cleanest vapor, and/or keep the wand seated for a bit longer before pulling which will bring the chamber to a notch higher temp before the vapor is extracted, pull a bit slower on the primer draw until it's as thick as you want and then slowly increase the pull rate once you're getting what you want (definitely don't break the seal between wand and intake when exhaling to open up the lungs for the primary pull). It does take a bit more patience on the prime, but it is fairly easy to get a smoke/vapor hybrid pull and a full browning of the bowl if that's desired (I'm not recommending it as Mark did not design the system for this, but I know some prefer it this way and some use this capability as an indication of how good it will work with concentrates). Usually with some practice even those that THINK they want smoke/vapor hybrid pulls realize that the real GOODS are getting the cleaner and more potent blue vapor to milk up as thick as possible. This is where the Vrip really shines once the technique is dialed into and this is why IMHO an astute reviewer on VaporStore's website has concluded that the Vrip "is what God Vapes with!"
https://www.vaporstore.com/proddetail.php?prod=vriptech-heat-wand-60w-120v&review=all

So take extra pride in knowing that you are all living beyond mere mortals at least when you're taking Vrips!:D

ShadowVape,

ShadowVape

Vrip CSR
Manufacturer
gobbly said:
I was under the impression that the lower bowls for these were all fairly standard and should interchange, but the lower bowl that came with the heat gun one is just barely too large to fit on the heat wand upper bowl piece... Is that normal? Are they just enough off to not be interchangeable?

Gobbly sorry looks like I missed responding to your post! The bowls are all intended to be interchangeable but the tools wear so bowls bought a long time apart can be off a tad, the glass tubing we start wtih deviates, and it's hand blown glass so sometimes you'll get pieces that are off enough to not fit good. Usually though as long as the fit is too tight and not too loose you can simply grind down the o-ring with an abrasive surface by spinning the bowl with the o-ring in contact with the abrasive surface, i.e. a piece of fine sand paper on a flat surface, an emery board, or hell I've even used the sidewalk before!!! The o-ring will grind down slowly leaving little shavings like a pencil erasor being used...just get it shaved down evenly and enough to give you the fit you desire and you should be all good. You can also email me at info@vriptech.com and I can forward written detailed instructions. If the fit is too loose we can exchange the replacement piece that was most recently bought no worries and will ship back a tighter fitting piece.

ShadowVape,

ShadowVape

Vrip CSR
Manufacturer
Heads up to anyone with a pending order from Canada it appears that Canada Post is on strike??? So USPS (our usual shipping method for International orders) is saying the only way to ship is Express which is actually Fed Ex and is about $10-15 more. Please email me or look for an order update to reply to and either OK the extra shipping charge or tell us to wait on shipping...any insight into the potential end of the strike would be great too!!!

ShadowVape,

Gongvape

Hey ShadowVape i went home last night and tryed some high temp extracting the VHW wow it works wonderful with bubble, i found a extrea screen so laid it on top of the orginal put the temp dialed up to max let it get hot. Then pulled useing the primer pull and not break the seal tech. It worked very well for me yeilding super thick blue hashie vapor clouds..deffently liken vaped bubble :D
i tryed the same tech with some errl it works but it was pretty mild vape it would probally work better with that reducer but i think ill stick with the Kenny for eerlls :ninja:

ShadowVape said:
What up family? Good news bad news for anyone waiting on VHWs or VHW glass covers should finally see a tracking # end of the week or Mon worst case. We had a broken tool and it has now been repaired and the pieces are in the kiln. Sorry for the lag!!!

on this Note: ShadowVape i am waiting on the inner glass element cover for my Wand. I exchanged a couple Emails with Mark regaurding this and he said he would get me one sent out.. No problem on the "lag" lol just reminden you in case Mark for got to tell you about it or something.. Thanks man Have a Great Weekend! :peace:

Gongvape,

ShadowVape

Vrip CSR
Manufacturer
Prime and Pull Slow Blue Milk Technique! Reducers definitely better for the non-powdered or non-powder-able concentrates like oils.

GongVape hit me up direct @ info@vriptech.com with a copy of the email from Mark and shipping addy or anything else I would need and I'll make sure you're shipment is in the queue or shipped and trackable. Mark is running uphill on millions of BBs while heavily involved with the daily R&D required to pursue vapor excellence, growing family, and three other things at least so always good to make sure I'm copied if possible (he does usually on his own when he pops in on the email, but sometimes forgets so just check the header). If I dropped the ball my bad and my apologies Mark skims pretty much all the emails but only chimes in on certain ones from time to time since it's my daily deal so like vapor sometimes I miss the email assignment before it was gone with the cloud because Mark beat me to the punch. We at VRIP do not hate for multiple emails LOL!

I'm assuming you mean a full inner and outer glass cover (VHWG) as it's one piece and only comes that way. Appreciate the heads up GongVape. We'll get you sorted ASAP bro just get me the details!

Back to the testing....Asian Fantasy electrifying the Saturday. Damn that was good.

ShadowVape,
I love my VHW. I have the set with the Perk, and the glass work is great. I have found no vaporizer that produces a better cloud of vapor that is this pure tasting. I am a very satisfied customer, and I recommend the VHW to everyone. Unfortunately I have already broken the glass cover, but it was completely my fault and I have ordered a replacement. I'm glad that the company knows how vulnerable their product is and sells parts so that I don't have to buy a whole new unit. The technique took me a few tries to get right, but once I did I was blown away. This thing is awesome. I can't praise it enough. Between this and my Herborizer, I have been converted to the cult of all glass. This is the way all vapes should be, I don't taste any plastic, wood, or anything but the vapor. I can't wait until I get my replacement glass so I can fire it up again!

Argonaut,
Reactions: Alexis

Gongvape

Alright thanks ShadowVape i sent you mail. oh i guess thats what i mean then. ha i assumed that it was 2 pieces. but yea anyways my inner glass is broke out side cover is fine.

Welcome aboard Argonaut glad to hear you are enjoying them tastie Clouds+1. I agree with all you said the VHW is the way to go..sorry to hear about your break tho thats a bummer hopefully you be back up running soon :peace:

Gongvape,

ShadowVape

Vrip CSR
Manufacturer
Right on Argonaut....thanks for sharing the experience. It's really a trademark flow for many of our new customer's experience coming from a different vaporizer or smoking. Like the "Slow Food" movement the Vrip is more "Slow Vapor" ....slow down, give the herb a chance to deliver by way of a more efficeint extraction and an ice/water conditioned delivery, and enjoy immensely instead of huff puff and, hopefully, enjoy (but also wonder about those other tastes and materials the vapor you're inhaling is passing by and what they might mean to your health in the long run). The Vrip really delivers a full spectrum vapor that is clean and concentrated (hence the flavor difference oft referred to), but never smokey (unless that is your thing, in which case, technique and temp can be dialed for hybrid smoke/vapor, but even turned all the way up the Vrip isn't a vaporizer for smoking with as if that didn't sound too oxymoronic). It's kind of hard to really understand unless you've experienced it and had a few rounds to dial in to how good it can get so it's great to have a forum in which individual users can share. Thanks FC this community never fails to impress!!!

ShadowVape,

ShadowVape

Vrip CSR
Manufacturer
Good news Canadian customers! Canadian orders are shipping again...thank you Canada Post for ending the strike!

ShadowVape,

arf777

No longer dogless
Hey fellow vrippers
I have just re-acquired a VHW 2 after about a year with a pair of broken ones. I'd forgotten how absolutely wonderful the vapor from this puppy is. Haven't touched any of my other vapes since this came - it's my daily driver again.

But I noticed something I'd seen in some other vapes. I am getting absolutely gorgeous, milky vapor in my LW 15 arm Dewaar bubbler. But the exact same herbs, same bowl, same settings, etc looks like it produces very little visible vapor in my other glass - in both my inlines and my showerhead, the vapor looks much thinner, though it tastes and feels almost identical. Any one else noticed a difference like this? I had seen a similar difference with my LSV, but not my MW (though they both produce thinner vapor in all devices than the VHW, IMO).

BTW - for the first time, I got the glass stand for the VHW. I hadn;t thought it'd be much better than holders I's cobbled together myself, but was pleasantly surprised by how large and sturdy it is. Has made using the VHW much less stressful, IMO. I strongly recommend the stand if you haven't gotten one.

arf777,

ShadowVape

Vrip CSR
Manufacturer
arf777 said:
Hey fellow vrippers
I have just re-acquired a VHW 2 after about a year with a pair of broken ones. I'd forgotten how absolutely wonderful the vapor from this puppy is. Haven't touched any of my other vapes since this came - it's my daily driver again.

But I noticed something I'd seen in some other vapes. I am getting absolutely gorgeous, milky vapor in my LW 15 arm Dewaar bubbler. But the exact same herbs, same bowl, same settings, etc looks like it produces very little visible vapor in my other glass - in both my inlines and my showerhead, the vapor looks much thinner, though it tastes and feels almost identical. Any one else noticed a difference like this? I had seen a similar difference with my LSV, but not my MW (though they both produce thinner vapor in all devices than the VHW, IMO).

BTW - for the first time, I got the glass stand for the VHW. I hadn;t thought it'd be much better than holders I's cobbled together myself, but was pleasantly surprised by how large and sturdy it is. Has made using the VHW much less stressful, IMO. I strongly recommend the stand if you haven't gotten one.

Thanks for the post and good to have you back to the Light Force Vapor (just repeating what I've heard through the lungs and head grapevine LOL)! Good call on the stand and also a good idea to have some kind of strain relief on the power cord for longest VHW glass lifespan. Keep in mind we are still offering Bro-Form upgrades to the 3.0 for 1.0 and 2.0 owners FFR.

Alot of smokers have pushed the concept of ultra low drag as the preference and many gifted functional glass designers/blowers have happily and deftly answered the call. For smoking this works...for vaporizing with the VHW (or other compatible vapor tools) it takes mad discipline to pull slow so that the rate and volume of air getting pulled through the heating chamber isn't too great as to result in a lower than ideal temp and less than ideal vapor quality. With the 3.0s (and to some extent some extra hot 2.0s) you can compensate by simply turning the wand up to a higher than necessary operating temp, but be careful on the pauses not to burn by over-heating. In all honesty a piece with a little more drag tends to work best from my experience. Mark has always preferred what he calls a "reasonable" amount of drag that helps keep a well paced pull rate, and in turn, an easier to dial into pull rate for optimal milking of clean but concentrated vapor. This is how our VWTs are tuned drag wise and why some smokers don't think they are going to like them based upon a dry pull...that is until they use them correctly with the VHW! We've had a number of customers that have tuned the drag on their pieces to work better with the VHW by reducing to a 14.4mm from a 18.8mm (or bigger) or by simply letting the screen get a bit gooey. Mark has a little ZOB bubbler he used for traveling before we made our own VWT BuB that took an 18.8mm bowl and it had the same issue: virtually impossible to get the vapor to milk like it would on the PerK. Let the screen get clogged up though and BAM it's on again and getting thick. Hope that helps and there is a way to dial in your other pieces as they sound like they would be sweet!

ShadowVape,

lepstadder

yea man i like a bit more drag as well, i fill my water up way past the holes on most pieces with trees

having the screens clogged a bit helps fo sho
SM55 i think called it "seasoning the screens"

if you have a 18 try a reducer instead of using a different pipe

or try a reducer from VRIP(mine on the way shodowvape?)

lepstadder,

ShadowVape

Vrip CSR
Manufacturer
Indeed "seasoned screens" are definitely a low tech and effective approach to adding some drag. A number of Vrip users also double up the screens on some pieces for more drag...forgot about that one when answering arf777. I'm not sure how much the reducers will add drag, but definitely a little anyway. For sure the reducers enable a more focused "reduced" convective stream for smaller packs or concentrates and faster extractions. All reducers that where requested should have already shipped for sure. We had a few come back because I sent them in the wrong envelopes, but my understanding is all where re-shipped in padded envelopes. Do me a favor Lepstadder and re-send your addy to info@vriptech.com and I'll confirm yours was sent. Sorry bro the screen names and shipping names don't always connect first try but I know all the reducers where supposed to have shipped!!!

ShadowVape,

arf777

No longer dogless
Thanks for the advice. I'm already using the 14mm slide with my 18mm pieces. It is definitely the drag thats the difference. In my LW piece, it's really easy to control your draw strength and rate. Harder on the other pieces.

But I already busted something! While untangling the cord, bumped a piece of hardwood furniture with the wand. The base of the inner sleeve of the heater cover broke. Doesn't seem to be affecting function. My own fault - was totally vaked. Got the VHW cord tangled with the cord for my big electric grinder. I'll eventually have to replace the heater cover. Maybe I can get my glass-blowing sister to fix the one I busted.

I'd forgotten I always used to double my screens when using my old VHW (something I also do with my MW). Trying that now. I noticed the screens for the Vapir NO2 fit perfectly in the vcb.

Thanks again for the advice, folks. Back to vripping.

arf777,

arf777

No longer dogless
lepstadder said:
there is someone in the marketplace selling a 2.0 wand for 100$

same price the cover sells for

Actually, not anymore - that's where I got mine from. It's been updated now.

Anybody know how serious a crack in the inner sleeve of the heater cover is? It seems to be working fine, though it feels like I;ve had to turn the heat up higher since then. My main concern is if there is a safety issue with a crack.

Thanks

arf777,

ShadowVape

Vrip CSR
Manufacturer
Arf777 you've got to have one of the fattest "Current Vapes" inventory I've seen....I bet your couch get's crowded on Fri/Sat nights LOL!

The LWs are ridiculously nice pieces with smaller pull volumes so integrate real nice with the VHWs and vapor in general. As long as the inner cover is only cracked, not completely loose, and the element wasn't damaged your VHW should still work fine although it's possible you'll lose a little heat by seepage that would otherwise accumlate in the thermal mass of the cover as intended.

Keep in mind family the bro-form upgrade to a 3.0 complete for current 1.0/2.0 owners is only a few bucks more than a replacement cover (you can keep your old heater as a back-up or for phedor style melting of concentrates, etc). If you're going to order just a replacement cover for a 1.0/2.0 make sure you email us after placing the order so we can make sure we send you one that will fit the different ground plate. The current 3.0 glass covers are all supposed to work for all heater versions, but you know how it goes with glass!!! The ground plate is slightly smaller on the 3.0 heaters and some covers are too tight on the 1.0/2.0s. We have a 2.0 heater in the shop for comparison so give us a heads up and we'll sample fit before shipping.

ShadowVape,

arf777

No longer dogless
ShadowVape said:
Arf777 you've got to have one of the fattest "Current Vapes" inventory I've seen....I bet your couch get's crowded on Fri/Sat nights LOL!

The LWs are ridiculously nice pieces with smaller pull volumes so integrate real nice with the VHWs and vapor in general. As long as the inner cover is only cracked, not completely loose, and the element wasn't damaged your VHW should still work fine although it's possible you'll lose a little heat by seepage that would otherwise accumlate in the thermal mass of the cover as intended.

Keep in mind family the bro-form upgrade to a 3.0 complete for current 1.0/2.0 owners is only a few bucks more than a replacement cover (you can keep your old heater as a back-up or for phedor style melting of concentrates, etc). If you're going to order just a replacement cover for a 1.0/2.0 make sure you email us after placing the order so we can make sure we send you one that will fit the different ground plate. The current 3.0 glass covers are all supposed to work for all heater versions, but you know how it goes with glass!!! The ground plate is slightly smaller on the 3.0 heaters and some covers are too tight on the 1.0/2.0s. We have a 2.0 heater in the shop for comparison so give us a heads up and we'll sample fit before shipping.

You're tempting me to order the 3. If I was sure its cover would fit the 2, I'd definitely do it. I love the VHW 2 so much I don't want to risk being unable to use it. I need to vrip and think on this. Hmmmm.

Anybody out there successfully used a 3 heater cover on a 2? Or anyone NOT been able to do so?

arf777,

blackbur

i have, and it works pretty well.
depending on what version 2.0 you have you will need to take off the coil in order for the 3.0 cover to fit.
also you will notice the heating element to be a little loose.
Also heat up time will be slower.:)

hope this helped.

blackbur,

arf777

No longer dogless
Thanks for the input, folks.

I went ahead and ordered the heater cover, rather than the VHW 3. That's because I found one of my older broken VHW 2s, and after soldering a single wire, it appears to be working, just needs a heater cover. So with that for the VHW 2, I'll have a pair of 2s.

Fiddling with multiple screens to improve thickness of vapor. On my Fathead piece, even the Supreme doesn't produce thick vapor. Made a difference on the other ones, though the LW tree perc bubbler still produces the thickest vapor with the VHW.

I'll eventually have to pick up the 3. Hopefully, the ones I have now will last until at least the VXC comes out.

arf777,

ShadowVape

Vrip CSR
Manufacturer
Right on arf777 we'll get you dialed back in. I'm sure if I asked Mark he'd probably still hook you a deal on the 3.0 heater if you end up wishing you had upgraded but as long as your 2.0 is glowing nicely you should be all good (we don't usually sell just heaters). Helpful dialogue on the pull thickness, volume and drag considerations with the moral of the story being that the smaller volume pieces with a little drag tend to work best for vapor, athough I've used some big HiSi tubes that work great after you get them primed and if you load up the top tube with ice taking up much of the volume it's suprising how quick you can get it to flow with a paced pull. Same with a lot of customers running big RooRs with ice catches they swear by them!

ShadowVape,
Top Bottom