Discontinued VRIPtech Heating Wand

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
It shouldn't be fake as long as it says vripmaster on the handle. I know there's a handful of shops that sell them.

I ended up buyin another wand so I'm gonna keep the second for parts if needed. I just hope the inner bore of the heater cover is closer to center on this one. My last one was about 1/4" off

minnesnowta,

jasonjohnson

Basically the coil was a little loose....

EVERYTHING was a little loose.. Even when you put the top part of the bowl on, it's loose... it moves around a lot. But i thought that was just how it was supposed to be.

The heating element was loose in there... i thought that it was supposed to be loose also.

I heated it up, and took 3 or 4 AMMMAAAAAAZZZINGGG hits.... (really amazing; just what i've been looking for) seriously great vaping experience....

WHen i set the wand down and turned it off... the heating element had like fused with glass, the there was a small crack where the two were meeting..

I took it apart when it had cooled...
I tried to pull the heating element out, gently and was met with resistance.
I then noticed that the small crack had spread

I literally started crying. :(
(not saying this for affect. Tears, emotional distress.. everything)

I sold my volcano yesterday on CL to buy this. I was and am heartbroken)

jasonjohnson,

jasonjohnson

As it stands now, the inside part of the heating element is broken, maybe the top 30%.

the way it's designed, it can't fall out. The little piece is loose, so it just sits in there, and now there is more airflow DIRECTLY on the ceramic heating element.

The ceramic heating element has a piece of glass about the size of a water droplet STUCK to it. I don't know how to fix this... its currently stuck and i can no longer take this apart.

jasonjohnson,

jasonjohnson

SO what about the heating element, is it supposed to be screwed down ?

Is the ceramic supposed to have ANY wiggle room ?

Is the threaded metal thing that holds the ceramic heating element in place supposed to thread INTO Something ?

jasonjohnson,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Nope the only thing that holds the elemen are the 4 wire connections to the circuit board. It's supposed to move a little bit

minnesnowta,

jasonjohnson

Is is supposed to be able to move side to side and up and down ?

I looked at pictures onine and saw others that had the heating element move around a little bit.
Screw holes and no screws... threading with no counterpart..
so i figured it was normal

Why are there spots for screws but now screws ?
why is there a threading with NOTHING TO GO ON IT ?

regardless of that^^^^

Those 4 hits were AMAZING.
Great Performance.

Haven't had a bong hit in months ...

jasonjohnson,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
dude, 7 posts in 2 hours, relax a bit it is just a vaporizer and not a life threatening emergency. do like you were suggested and contact the manufactuer and give them a chance to fix it.

DeepFried,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
jason, it seems like maybe you were expecting more than you are getting out of your vaping experience. You have been unhappy or thought every unit you've posted about was broken. IMHO I have to wonder if you have done enough research on the units you are buying.

momofthegoons,

jasonjohnson

Mom you are right.

I have been dissatisfied with the Iolite, Launch box, adn Aromazap.

IOLITE. vapor isn't visible, tip broke the first week. Sold to my brother.

Launch Box. Screen came out on one side. I have permanently RUINED about 20 batteries. Sits in my drawer now.... I like the way it works, but I don't want to keep buying batteries.

Aromazap. Feels clogged, has a crack in the wood already. I was going to get the 13.5 v charger, but RIck said that it wouldn't help. So i will send it back.

You are right. Most of my vaporizing experiences have been disappointing.
But i do do my research. ANd when i read something that says "Lung splitting rips" adn i can't even get a hit off the thing, i'ts disappointing.

You just haven't heard me sing the praises of the vaporizers i love..... yet.

VOLCANO is amazing. HUGe bags of dense cloudy vapor...Impossible to combust the material. Only complaints are the noise, and the volume of material it expends.

My whip vaporier was great. I loved the feel of a steady vapor stream. I loved the bright blue digital display adn the friendly beep that sounded when i turned it on. It was like a pavlovian bell for me. Even the thought of that friendly beep makes my mouth water. Loved that vape.

Vapir was the bag system i had before the Volcano. THis is, believe it or not my Favorite Vaporizer.
It was my first vaporizer, so it has a special place in my heart. IT was kind of gimmicky, but I really liked it. Maybe its just cause it was my first.
WHen it died i actually went out and replaced it. Still got it to bring back memories.

AND NOW TO THE VRIP TECH HEAT WAND..

I love this VAPORIZER!
HUGE HITS OF vapor. One hit is all it really takes.
THIS IS exactly what i was looking for, a Bong rip of Vapor.

My favorite vaporizer so far!

jasonjohnson,
Reactions: Alexis

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Jason, I'm so glad you were able to get your Vriptech to work. I had a feeling that you might be one of the ones who like those huge hits. It's hard to get used to the smaller hits from the LB, MZ, etc. You can feel like your not getting good enough hits, which can be very frustrating.

ps - your LB comes with a lifetime guarantee; you should contact Magic Flight.

momofthegoons,

MikRoOrganix

Erlhead!
jason - thanks for posting and you shared a lot there! :) I have had a similar issue with one of my VHW heater covers. Basically it seems VripMark indicated the heater covers are very hard to make and occasionally they have cracking issues. If you email Mark with the things you have told us here, generally they are willing to either a replacement if it happens right away or else discounts on new heater covers.

I keep using my heater covers that are cracked, and have not had any problems. They actually have stopped cracking and seem to run fine now. I know this is a little dissappointing to hear, but this is still a pretty new vape and they are making improvements, however, if you are a head who seeks the true taste, a discounted heater cover once and a while is not that bad. They are coming out with a new heater core in a couple months that only gets hot at the tip which should extend the life significantly.

If this is too painfull for you or you don't like the possabilty of breaking, you could look at the Supreme Vape or a heat gun (vrip's website has info there). This method of vaping (heat gun or bong wand) really produces the thickest clouds, imo, but the VHW is the only one with the all-glass airpath which produces the best taste (again, IMO). I never thought i would be an airpath snob but my HerbalAire is great but the stainless steel airpath does not taste as yummy as the VHW. I named my VHW Hammer to the Head. :) Good luck and PM me or come to chat!!! This is where the action is!

MikRoOrganix,

Gatsby T Pig

After reading through a mountain of posts I am very interested in this product. I have always loved good bong rips and with some sort of diffuser, I think I would really enjoy a VHW.

The only problem I see and it seems to be prevalent, is the propensity of the VHW to break. I am guessing most of you take care of your equipment but it seems like this is a real problem. Is the VHW being revamped at this time? Should I wait and keep my eye on this product for a possible new model coming out? I can definitely wait if something is being worked out but I don't like buying something and dealing with new parts or customer service, no matter how nice the people are.

Like I previously stated, I have read through a lot of posts but sometimes it is hard to glean all the information and keep it in order. I can't seem to figure out if this thing has an analog dial or if it is set at a particular temperature. I am pretty sure I read somewher that when turning it on, leave it on max but then put it about half-temp when using. At this point I just can't seem to figure this out. Pictures, links?

I appreciate anyone's time and answers.

btw- What is 'vaked'? Is it like getting vaped with a Vriptech product but people spell it vaKed instead of vaCHed because the 'ch' makes a 'k' sound? Totally confused... I just don't get it.

Gatsby T Pig,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Yes there have been broken wands, some due to manufacturing issues and some due to the fragile nature of the product/user error. I've had one for over a year now with no issues. You really have to baby it. If that's not for you, look elsewhere.

If I were in your position I'd be looking at the upcoming VapeXhale Cloud. Thread in this forum.

vtac,

Gatsby T Pig

vtac said:
Yes there have been broken wands, some due to manufacturing issues and some due to the fragile nature of the product/user error. I've had one for over a year now with no issues. You really have to baby it. If that's not for you, look elsewhere.

If I were in your position I'd be looking at the upcoming VapeXhale Cloud. Thread in this forum.
Thank you vtac. I will have to investigate further. I did notice the VapeXhale thread, I just haven't gotten around to reading through it yet. There are so many products and so much information that it can be daunting to get through it all.

I guess that will be my next stop on the forum.

About the wand, I really don't mind babying a tool. I always take care of my possessions. I was just curious if there is possibly a newer version coming out. If there is, I will definitely wait for it.

Gatsby T Pig,

vape4life

Banned for life
I love this heat wand but the bowl it came with I have some issues with. Well not really the bowl, but more the screen. Are there custom screens that fit properly? I just buy regular size screens and cut to size but the never fit right and anytime I go to stir the bowl the bowl flips over and I lose all my herbs. I love the perk, but have resorted to using the perk with my Extreme Q because it gives just as thick hits but at least i never lose my herbs.

There has got to be a better solution... anyone else having this issue?

vape4life,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
You probaly don't have the screen in all the way then. There's a little lip that the screen sits under. I couldn't get it at first either and had problems. You kindof have to start it tipped on it's side then get a pokey of some sort to get it under the lip. Once you get it under that little lip in won't move or flip at all. It's kinda tricky to get the first couple of times

minnesnowta,

vape4life

Banned for life
I'm having a hard time finding this "lip".... do you mean right above the little handle? I've been trying for 20 mins now...almost threw the god damn thing across the room! Why is it so hard? And are you supposed to just guess when you cut? What a pain!

minnesnowta said:
You probaly don't have the screen in all the way then. There's a little lip that the screen sits under. I couldn't get it at first either and had problems. You kindof have to start it tipped on it's side then get a pokey of some sort to get it under the lip. Once you get it under that little lip in won't move or flip at all. It's kinda tricky to get the first couple of times

vape4life,

vape4life

Banned for life
Dude, much thanks!!! I'm betting you're right, but i'm down to my last screen and i'm afraid i'll cut it too small, but i'll take the chance. Really appreciate the help and vid. This changes everything! lol Might have to re-evaluate my decision to part with the wand, and perhaps part with the Q since I NEVER use the bags or whip, only perk.

minnesnowta said:

vape4life,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Lol you should try it with a blazemaster slide. It's like a whole new beast. I never really liked the vcb much. They start to wobble and the one peice design works alot better IMO. Plus they have more airflow :cool:

azns pic, my new slide. Had to buy a bent neck for the bub. I'll have heatwand vids soon hopefully.
ec9a3a1e.jpg

minnesnowta,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
It's from a glassblower in Seattle. He's been nice enough to work on the design with us vaporists and we finaly found one that works perfectly. The lips are made so you don't have to use the silicone and it stillhas a perfect seal. And since it's closer to the heating element you can run at lower temps and still get amazing results. Honestly it makes the two piece design look like garbage.

This will be my third heatwand slide when it shows up. My bro no smoke has had 3 different designs allready. Google blazemaster glass and shoot him an email if you want one of your own. They're made to order so it's atleast a month wait if not more

minnesnowta,
Top Bottom