Discontinued VRIPtech Heating Wand

NoSmoke

minnesnowta said:
No smoke had a nice starter set up as well. The vcb shoulda been 18 though. And no smoke your a lil early on that swing bud. That's not even in existance yet ;)
Oops nice catch! I figured it was 14mm like my 100ml, sorry. The swing was a leaked Christmas present that you already know about Minnesnowta, actually you knew before me :lol: I can't wait for the damn thing to come, even if I have to drop kief on the thing, its about time Minnesota gets some oilheads :brow:

NoSmoke,

organicmilk

I don't mind the suggestions at all. But lets say I wanted to go all Rr could I do that and add the vcb gong joint. Rr has a clear gauze could that be matched? I'm getting a better idea, I prefer it to be all glass.

organicmilk,

NoSmoke

organicmilk said:
I don't mind the suggestions at all. But lets say I wanted to go all Rr could I do that and add the vcb gong joint. Rr has a clear gauze could that be matched? I'm getting a better idea, I prefer it to be all glass.
May I ask why you would want to go all Roor? Roor IMO is overpriced German glass, in simple terms. Don't use glass gauze they are useless with the vrip and restrict way too much airflow, causing hot spots on the herb (uneven cooking). Use SS screens and if you wanna step it up like Henn buy some TI screens, he swears by them for the taste and I believe him. I honestly think you should consider your purchase before going all Roor, and putting in so much money on plain glass, EHLE is a much better choice.

NoSmoke,

lepstadder

Like i had said a few posts before i did order the VHW on monday

It is Tuesday and i have not received a shipping # from vriptech.

Their site states that they ship on tues or thurs, so they may just be backed up and i will have to wait a few days longer, no big deal...

Also i had sent them 2 emails over the last week and have not received a response from either one :(

I had asked if they would be able to make a costume kit including the 007 model water tool without the case or stand.

Also asking about the problem with the heating elements not getting hot enough.

SM55 answered my question regarding that.(thanks buddy)

It is sad that this is the device i decide to get after inquiring to

verdamper

aromed

and

herborizer

and getting responses back within 24 hours from every one.

But in the end i go with an american company hoping that the customer service would be better.

But alas not only is Vriptech the only company that did not reply they also do not list a phone number on the website.

Now my intentions are not to bash Vrip, i am so very exited to get my product.

I am just a bit nervous that if any problems do arise i might have problems sorting them out.

And typing "stonemonkey55" sent me to get a response is a bit asinine.

i am a bit tipsy, so dont hate me if this comes across a tad agro(dont mean it that way at all)

just makes me sad that i pay a company and cant get a response from them.

lepstadder,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
organicmilk said:
Much better tubes out there for a much cheaper price than roor... Let me know your budget, if you plan on combusting AND vaping, and I'll compile all your options and who to contact/where to buy...

aznfknpride,

organicmilk

All your efforts trying to help me haven't gone unnoticed I can't say thank you enough. Thank you so much!

I mentioned RR because it was the only one that I kept hearing about. The local head shop carries it as well so I thought if I needed any parts it would be easy just to go there and avoid having to order online. But it might be unavoidable, need a variety of options.

Good to know about the gauze.

I won't be combusting... if I have this right it goes like this. bong(beaker style), diffuser 18.8, VCB Shorty w/18.8mm ground joint "GonG" and wand.

Will the VCB 18.8 fit any diffuser?

simple enough right?

think, mcfly, think.

organicmilk,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
organicmilk-
What I would pick up based on your criteria:
-Migrant beaker from www.fullmeltglass.com ($200+shipping)
http://fullmeltglass.com/component/...ypage_images.tpl&product_id=69&category_id=20
-VHW and shorty 14mm VCB from www.vriptech.com ($169.99 and $59.99 respectively + shipping)
http://www.vriptech.com/Merchant2/m...re_Code=VR&Product_Code=VHW&Category_Code=VHW
http://www.vriptech.com/Merchant2/m...VR&Product_Code=VCBS_14_4mm&Category_Code=VHW

If you decide on grabbing a different diffuser (I'd go with an SGW showerhead diffuser, Alex K. showerhead or a Sovereignty gridded diffuser, available from www.shinobiglass.com and www.headyglass.com) I'd wait til you have the tube in hand first, so you can measure yourself exactly what length you need. I'd stick with a 18mm male/14mm female diffuser so you dont have to spend money on another VCB... Feel free to email me or post here if you have any more questions, like I said I hate to see you waste your money on overpriced glass or parts you wont even need.

aznfknpride,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
I could tell you allready the diffy is 5.5 inches from the top of the joint in that one. And that puts it in the back corner so you could run anywhere from 4.5 to 5.5. I just bought that exact beaker and love it. And guess what. I sold a roor to buy it....

minnesnowta,

lepstadder

I got an email from Vrip responding to my intial questions.

Very detailed info and marc totally seemed like a cool guy,

Still have not recieved an email about the shipment of the item...

Waiting patiently

lepstadder,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Should ship out tommorow forsure man shipping is the one are they're pretty consistant on. I'd save the email address that you talked to mark with. May speed up future responses if you have any. He's a very busy man though. It'll be worth the wait I'm sure of this. I bought the vhw the day after I tried it. It's pretty amazing

minnesnowta,

lepstadder

I cant wait, sold my volcano and unfortunalty the timing os leaving me without a vape utensil for a few day :(

lepstadder,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
lepstadder - you will be in good hands and trust me, once you get this, you will never want to hit vapor out of a bag again... the flavor is more intense, all glass vapor path, just remember to have a designated place to put it down where it won't roll off a table or anything...

this will wet your appetite...I already posted this during thanksgiving but it always brings a smile to my face http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bvih7-VrRnw

stonemonkey55,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
stonemonkey.... is anyone selling that custom heatcover/bowl combo you have? pretty nice. Looks real nice and easy. Is that 14mm?? I'd prefer 18mm, but would buy a new downstem if needed for that combo.

IAmKrazy2,

lepstadder

I can not believe you set that thing on such a rickety chair.

Those waffles are f-ing sweet.

I cant wait till it arrives,

I have been researching vapes for about 10 years.

I recall seing Vrip in Hightimes i believe when they only had the heat gun,

Recently b4 making the VHW purchase i was looking at

Aromed- probly most precise but not GonG

Herborizer xl- Fucking expensive

Verdamp-not all glass vapor path

Vrip- wins my money this time!!!

lepstadder,

organicmilk

aznfknpride said:
organicmilk-
What I would pick up based on your criteria:
-Migrant beaker from www.fullmeltglass.com ($200+shipping)
http://fullmeltglass.com/component/...ypage_images.tpl&product_id=69&category_id=20
-VHW and shorty 14mm VCB from www.vriptech.com ($169.99 and $59.99 respectively + shipping)
http://www.vriptech.com/Merchant2/m...re_Code=VR&Product_Code=VHW&Category_Code=VHW
http://www.vriptech.com/Merchant2/m...VR&Product_Code=VCBS_14_4mm&Category_Code=VHW

If you decide on grabbing a different diffuser (I'd go with an SGW showerhead diffuser, Alex K. showerhead or a Sovereignty gridded diffuser, available from www.shinobiglass.com and www.headyglass.com) I'd wait til you have the tube in hand first, so you can measure yourself exactly what length you need. I'd stick with a 18mm male/14mm female diffuser so you dont have to spend money on another VCB... Feel free to email me or post here if you have any more questions, like I said I hate to see you waste your money on overpriced glass or parts you wont even need.
OMGosh I really like that beaker, it's a .9mm too. That's exactly what I'm looking for and the aesthetic is minimal which is perfect. I want to pair it with the showerhead diffuser but shinobiglass delivers only within the states. Not sure if they consider across the border to be international like some do. I prefer not to have to provide my ID. There is a local glass blower here. Is the showerhead diffuser something out of the ordinary?

Aren't all diffusers male? Could you explain 18mm male/14mm female diffuser. Which one would be ideal?

Heady glass doesn't offer the showerhead style. I'd much prefer the slit style over round holes.

"so you dont have to spend money on another VCB" ?

minnesnowta,

What's your setup? If it's stock, how is it? Does the length matter?

Sorry and thank you

organicmilk,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
iamkrazy2 - the guy that made mine doesn't want to be named but this company said that they will make them for $200 - http://www.etsy.com/shop/glassvape

even though this is what was featured in my last two videos, it is not my heater cover of choice. It does make a (marginally) tighter seal, but the lack of marias (rings in the inner sleeve) cause the heat to fluctuate more, which makes you have to use slower inhalations. Sometimes it is a bitch getting the right gong joint off when you are trying to clear it as well. Just my :2c:

stonemonkey55,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
It's not .9mm thick.. you'd break that breathing on it. It's 9mm thick, one of the beefiest tubes you can buy right now.

Diffusers are male on the part that fits into the tube, and the female joint is where the slide or VCB would fit... I recommended staying with bushing style (18mm male, 14mm female) diffuser so that you wouldn't have to buy a different sized VCB. Try emailing shinobi, they may be willing to bend their policy. You live in Canada?

aznfknpride,

stuartambient

i'm lost
where do you find the waffle bubbler , i've searched hi and high and no find.
i found the sgw site , still no waffle
Also what makes that whooshing sound ?

stuartambient,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
you'll have to contact him directly at stoneglassworks@gmail.com and he will take care of you, not sure if this will get you any deals but you can let him know that I sent you over...his name is Preston, real cool guy.

as far as the whooshing sound, that is just me clearing the tube....

stonemonkey55,

organicmilk

aznfknpride said:
It's not .9mm thick.. you'd break that breathing on it. It's 9mm thick, one of the beefiest tubes you can buy right now.

Diffusers are male on the part that fits into the tube, and the female joint is where the slide or VCB would fit... I recommended staying with bushing style (18mm male, 14mm female) diffuser so that you wouldn't have to buy a different sized VCB. Try emailing shinobi, they may be willing to bend their policy. You live in Canada?
no shipping to Canada.

organicmilk,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
The diffy in it is a 4 hole with an open end. It's not very good in my opinion. When you pull bubbles only come out the 4 holes but it doesn't do enough for me. I had a roor with 6 d cuts that seemed to do a better job.
I cheaped out and just bought beads from stones diffusion which helped alot but I still crave more.

The reason why I cheaped out is because I'm planning on buying a showerhead ash catcher with mouth peice and get Preston to do a matching showerhead at the same time.

I'm also planning on getting a new blazemaster bowl once he gets the screen shelf design down. I'm pretty sure that's going to be reaaaaal soon.

I've been putting money towards oil supplies lately so it may be a bit until I get the rest of what I want. I'm goin for a disco sparkle and purple set. Roughly 10 pieces the same scheme.

A man can dream right??:brow:

minnesnowta,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
10 piece oil set? Gnarly!

EDIT: sorry, editing my post so that it pertains to the topic...

SM55, that's what I figured would happen with the gong heater cover. Really reconsidering my next vape, I dunno what to get :/

aznfknpride,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Naw it'll only be 4 in the dome. Then a diffy, mouth piece, ac, bowl and I'll probaly end up getting a swing as well. That way I'll have a small medium and large air volume peice for the VHW. I like havin options. Plus the wand will cloud up anything. It'll be glorious when it's all said and done though

minnesnowta,

organicmilk

Getting anything larger than a 14"(35mm) tool affect it's efficiency other than maybe taking long to fill.

Thx

organicmilk,
Top Bottom