Discontinued VRIPtech Heating Wand

manchild

Vapourist
THC(g) said:
It took me about 4 days to master the technique.. A big player was the surge protector. Now i get too large of hits :)

But yeah, on my wand the glass piece itself moved around. Pivoted slightly around the lone screw pinning it on.

Also, I'm thinking about making a silicone vagina for it so right when I'm done and have unplugged it I can put it in the vagina and put it away in the case without waiting for it to cool. So no one breaks it... like this morning lol. Just have to order the $60 glass piece though so it ok
I had emailed Vriptech with my previously mentioned concerns and i got a great reply from Mark. It basically allayed any concerns i had. Great customer service as everyone has already mentioned :D

I didn't realise the surge protector would have such an effect on performance. I had thought it was more for protection of sensitive components. Mark also stressed the importance of using a surge protector. So I'm heading down the shops this arvo to get a good one.

And the link showing the white wrap around the glass piece. I'm pretty sure that is an older style of silicone sleeve. We would both have the more recent version which is just the ring of silicon at the end. Is this what you were thinking for your vagina piece!?? :brow: Maybe a slightly larger sleeve that you could actually slide in and out of easily.

manchild,

XtaCy

SpiralArchitect said:
CapnVape said:
Well, the slides I ordered from Blazemaster came the other day :D, so I poured myself a tall glass of skim milk. So refreshing.

http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt145/gmccoy79/DSCF1349.jpg

The slides work awesome. I could have pulled thicker vapor if I turned the wand up. I was getting vapor as thick as the shot above while never taking the herb past a golden yellow color.
Those slides are dope. Why doesn't Vriptech send out slides similar to those standard(maybe
w/o the artwork). I feel like the two piece bowl is just extra pieces and this makes things so much simpler. Wouldn't you also get thicker vapor if the bowl didn't narrow and had a wider bore. There is a screen in there, right? Otherwise, if there is no screen I can understand it coming to a narrow hole and that would be great(edit -- Nevermind this, saw it fits a 3/4th screen a few posts down) Man you sure can put a bunch of herb in there, surely allowing for a very thick vapor to air ratio, and when your not worried about how much herb you're using this is a definite plus.

I have a SSV, but really love the All glass path the Vriptech has. I have been thinking about getting a special piece to go around the ceramic heating element of the SSV to make it all glass but am not 100% sure it would work out. I am also thinking about just dropping the cash and grabbing a Vrip.

But there are a few things keeping me from doing so. Why do they only offer 18.8 and 14.4? I have a 18mm bong and would not want to drop the extra cash on another bong.

Maybe I would just get the wand and order a custom slide like the ones quoted above. This looks like one of the best ways to vape. I love vapor bonging, and have adapted my SSV for it, but still don't like the fact it goes through a whip and that the air passes the ceramic heating element and not only glass. I would still find use for my SSV maybe bringing it out to just use the whip, even though I almost never do that now.

How much would a custom slide like the ones above be? B/c I am seriously thinking about the Vrip, but only if I can get one of those slides.

Anyways, any info/feedback would be great.

Thanks guys.

XtaCy,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
You have to contact blazemaster for tHe custom bowls. They are amazing and quite nice to own. You don't pack them full though. And it's more than likely you'll have to wait being they are made to order. The GonG 18.8 should be the same as yours as long as it's glass on glass. What they call it varies from company to company. I'm pretty sure the reason Vriptech went with the two peice was to allow the ability to have multiple sizes with the same upper bowl working. I like having a variety of sizes so I can try any peice I'd like. Hope this helps
:peace:

minnesnowta,

THC(g)

manchild said:
And the link showing the white wrap around the glass piece. I'm pretty sure that is an older style of silicone sleeve. We would both have the more recent version which is just the ring of silicon at the end. Is this what you were thinking for your vagina piece!?? :brow: Maybe a slightly larger sleeve that you could actually slide in and out of easily.
More length and more diameter, still fitting well. But yes in essence that is what i want :D

XtaCy said:
But there are a few things keeping me from doing so. Why do they only offer 18.8 and 14.4? I have a 18mm bong and would not want to drop the extra cash on another bong.
They offer 18.8 and 14.4 ground glass on glass slides, and then 12 and 9.5 slides w/ rubber seal

THC(g),

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Question, I was hoping someone else could help me with.

I am very interested in the VHW, and at $169 seems like a solid value. I already have 2 vapor glass pieces I use, both have 18mm openings. If I buy the standard VHW at $169 do I also have to buy the 18mm adapor just to make it work? Or is this a replacement piece for the original? Very confused. Thanks.

Oh yeah, just wondering what the weight of an average bowl in the VHW might be... Thanks.

IAmKrazy2,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
not sure what the average weight of the bowl is but to answer your first question, you will need to buy one of the GonG lower bowls. 169 is for the wand only. Your other alternative is to get in touch with Blazemaster for one of his customs which are similarly priced

stonemonkey55,

XtaCy

minnesnowta said:
You have to contact blazemaster for tHe custom bowls. They are amazing and quite nice to own. You don't pack them full though. And it's more than likely you'll have to wait being they are made to order. The GonG 18.8 should be the same as yours as long as it's glass on glass. What they call it varies from company to company. I'm pretty sure the reason Vriptech went with the two peice was to allow the ability to have multiple sizes with the same upper bowl working. I like having a variety of sizes so I can try any peice I'd like. Hope this helps
I'm pretty sure the .8 would be a difference and be too big for my 18. I guess I have to contact blazemaster if I purchase the Vrip. I think if Vriptech offered bowls like blazemaster's they could make a lot more sales. I know I'd be more inclined to buy it if I didn't have to go through an extra process. Oh well, in due time...for now I will work with what I got, but I can't wait to try one of these things out. Such an easy way to vape.

XtaCy,

NoSmoke

XtaCy said:
minnesnowta said:
I'm pretty sure the .8 would be a difference and be too big for my 18. I guess I have to contact blazemaster if I purchase the Vrip. I think if Vriptech offered bowls like blazemaster's they could make a lot more sales. I know I'd be more inclined to buy it if I didn't have to go through an extra process. Oh well, in due time...for now I will work with what I got, but I can't wait to try one of these things out. Such an easy way to vape.
18.8 is the same as 18 I can asure you that! just like 14 is 14.4 same smit...

NoSmoke,

XtaCy

Damn, you'd think life would be easier if everyone just called it the same thing.

Thanks for the assurance.

Still think I would want the blazemaster setup in the long run though.

XtaCy,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
And that's why I said it varies from company to company. GonG tapers anyways so it wouldn't matter. I used a 12mm slidder in a 14.5 GonG for awhile with no problems. Just get the 18.8 and I garuntee youll be happy. You would love a blazemaster though. Makes life just that
much easier. Plus you can run your wand without the silicon sleeve

minnesnowta,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Thanks for the info guys, emailed blazemaster last night and just waiting for a response. Since getting the bowl made will take longer then getting the VHW shipped, might as well get that taken care of first.

IAmKrazy2,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Since people are talking about custom slides for the VHW, I figured I'd quickly share my :2c: .

Although it adds stainless steel to the air path, a bowl with a huge hole and a flat, stainless steel screen creates less drag, cooks more evenly, and can create larger gusts with extreme amounts of herbs than one with a more constricted airway and no screen (It actually works even better than the large hole with the glass thumbtack in it). Also, you can dent the screen down into the bottom of the bowl to turn it into an awesome set-up for small amounts (sloping them all down into the center of the airpath).

Any way you cut it the Blaze Master bowls are the shit! :tup:

Progress,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
wow. that sounds appealing. adding a screen as an option sounds great. and for me, the small amount of metal would likely be welcomed for most personal sessions, to help conserve herb. can't wait for this baddy, top my growing collection.

IAmKrazy2,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
Ok so my blazemaster bowl (which I love ever so much) when loaded up normally consumes aprox. 7-9 pd bowls.
:2c:

:o That's pretty shocking...this thing packs a PUNCH. Gotta love me vrips.

edit//// Nice info prog :tup: nosmoke steered me away from the ice-pinched BM bowl. He told me to get a normal bowl push on it....increased air flow=thicker denser, more evenly cooked vapors.

And if you REALLY want to avoid the stainless steel screen....Just order a titanium screen from www.aqualabtechnologies.com, or simply any other place that might carry titanium grade smoking screens. I'm getting a TI screen from my local head shop soon so I'll tell you what difference it makes (if any)

They are simply made for the Ice water hash connoisseur. After a lil while smokers have found the Stainless steel screen's emit a taste and begin to degrade and brake down after constant use. The titanium, they say, adds no flavors and wont degrade over constant use. :brow:

Hennessy1414,

Jedu

Hennessy1414 said:
Ok so my blazemaster bowl (which I love ever so much) when loaded up normally consumes aprox. 7-9 pd bowls.
:2c:

:o That's pretty shocking...this thing packs a PUNCH. Gotta love me vrips.

And about how many hits does that get you with kind herb? I only ask because I've heard different opinions about the VHW's efficiency.

Jedu,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
it's all personal opinion, but for me I get about 4-6 hits when I use the vhw on higher temps...and 8-12 hits when running on lower temps.

Seriously, people need to take into account that people's comfort zone with vape temperature range is all over the board. Hell prog like to play limbo when he vrips, "How low can you go!" obviously it infers to the fact of vaping at low temps to savor the flavors and keep an uplifting high. Find what you like...and calculate that into the equation of trying make sense of something :tup:

:lol:

Hennessy1414,

Jedu

Hennessy1414 said:
it's all personal opinion, but for me I get about 4-6 hits when I use the vhw on higher temps...and 8-12 hits when running on lower temps.

Seriously, people need to take into account that people's comfort zone with vape temperature range is all over the board. Hell prog like to play limbo when he vrips, "How low can you go!" obviously it infers to the fact of vaping at low temps to savor the flavors and keep an uplifting high. Find what you like...and calculate that into the equation of trying make sense of something :tup:

:lol:
Ah yeah thats true. Do you use a screen in your BM bowl?

Jedu,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
7-9 PD bowl hurts, cause I envision myself taking great tokes of my best herb through the VHW... hmmm, still way less herb then traditional combustion bong, and likely comparable to my extreme in bong efficiency.

Might mean I'll likely use my more common less expensive kind in the VHW and keep the rare best for the PD, let it last.

IAmKrazy2,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
Jedu said:
Do you use a screen in your BM bowl?
#1. If I didn't, then the herb wouldn't stand a chance to cook evenly
#2. Without a screen in the bowl (roughly a 1" screen cut down to size) I would be loading 15-20 pd bowls in my BM slide...... :o

Hennessy1414,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Lol you got the perfect idea there. Or just bust the wand out on special occasions. It's hard to not use it for the first month or so just to warn you. It's the some of the tastiest vapor around

minnesnowta,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
Or just put less in. It gets kindof hungry though. Will you consume less than combustion, more than likely but it's not anywhere as efficent as say a pd. But that's a whole different animal. I'm betting it's comparable to the extreme or the SSV. Not far off anyways. I've never owned either but I've used a SSV so I guess I wouldn't know 100%. The wand is just in a seperate leauge when it comes to taste. All glass really let's you taste the herb and nothing but.

minnesnowta,

Jedu

so put less in and a little hotter temp and you still get nice vapors?

Jedu,

NoSmoke

I would say the SSV gives comparable hits using less herb, but the taste is nowhere near that of the VHW. And the VHW has the potential to pass the SSV in hit thickness, granted you would have to use twice as much as the SSV.

But with all this being said I would have to say efficiency depends on the user not the vape because you can take two good vrips and be just as blasted if not more (probly more) then one PD stem. But the problem is its hard to stop after just two and its easy to keep vripping, same with any other vape.

NoSmoke,
Top Bottom