Discontinued VRIPtech Heating Wand

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
SM-

I've used a Verdamper for years (and many others) often.

Verdamper + HOPS = NO...only as is, but it is unmatched in vapor volume and speed--feel free to look for De-Verdamper videos if you do not understand

PD + HOPS = :) , E + HOPS = :D, etc. (due to GonG downstem)

SM-Were you able to run your PD thru one of these in line bubblers?
Yes :tup: You should easily be able to hook yours up to your Vrip, etc. (it's covered in post #1157 of the PD thread under related thoughts (or something). Let me know if you have Ny ?'s

Ooh... gotta run...will edit l8r

Progress,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
haha i dont read the whole thread (as usual) but hops is the name the blower ...this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb4TZzl8Aq8 is just a bubbler with inline perculator D-cut style...and IMO any type of perc are waste of time and $ with a vaporizer cause this is no tar
:2c:

in other hand, there is a lot of type of perculator , but all of them basicly do the same think , split the smoke in a tone of smaller bubble

some of the best inline ever saw :

Acolyte of Zinglon said:
holy shit i want a tube like that :o
this is an inline perc tube , probably made by N3RD one of my pal , so if someone want one let it me know

Clear_Dome,
Reactions: ataxian

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I'm very familiar with the verdamper, just haven't used one yet. Why did you not want to mate the Verdamper with the Hops? Seems like with it's GG joint all you would need is one of the Herborizor's bowls (although I am not sure they are the same size) that could drop right into the inline....no tubes!

CD - the green inline that you attached (with the skull) - do people smoke out of it? Seems like a waste to have tar and the nasty stuff ruin that artwork. Most of the youtube videos show guys smoking out of these things. What's with the corks as well? Do they serve a specific purpose?

In your opinion, these inlines don't offer much in performance when vaporizing? It makes sense, since the vapor is already pretty mild. I'm still considering one just to have it cause it's cool as hell. If it offers any performance increase over the water and crushed ice in the VWT will just be icing on the cake!

stonemonkey55,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
The cork is part of a 'nug jug' built into the bubbler.

And yes, people smoke out of them. :(

Inlines are used for those thick, thick milks, which isn't always what we are desiring when vaporizing. It might be a nice lil' add-on water cooler, but at their cost, I might just stick with the 'tried and true' (traditional bong). Although I have never used one, so I am with you sm55 on wanting to experiment! :brow:

SpiralArchitect,

KeepCalm

Reindeer, reindeer, reindeer
From my personal experimentation, the best setup for vaping through nice glass is a single-chamber straight-bore bong with a good diffuser like the roor.de one. I've got inlines, multiple chamber percs, etc. from my smoking days and while it's still fun to use them, It's rare these days. Actually started getting rid of most of them.

Edit

Here's a guy that put a Verdamper heater and bowl on a double bubbler: https://www.tokecity.com/forums/showthread.php4?t=19995

KeepCalm,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
kc - if I am reading correctly an inline would be overkill with a vape. The set up you describe is pretty much what I use minus the diffuser. I think I can find a diffuser to fit the vwt. What kind of inlne do you have? I might be interested in taking it off your hands.

stonemonkey55,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
something simple like progress posted, a tube with a single inline diffuser would be ideal for vapor, somethig like those bubblers would be a bit overkill, more than one water filtration is simply unnecessary with vapor, because the main goal of the water filtration with vapor is to moisturize it but not really filter it like with smoke (a little filtration is good to catch the plant particles that slip through

i really like that tube though, if i had the money id get one in a heartbeat (with a vhw of course ;) )

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
what you mean by simple ? clear with no bowl ? give me a bit more info and I'll ask to n3rd what he can do and for how much

Clear_Dome,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
That Showmeglass.com site has some clear and simple inline ashcatchers (look under SporkGlass), for what appear to be a reasonable price. It appears they are all 'spoken for' but I'm sure you could get something in the next batch....

SpiralArchitect,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
link dont work

I figure it's the same as some post up ...I'll ask him how it can cost without bowl

Clear_Dome,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
This should work better - I can only imagine how fun it would be to vape with this thing attached to a nice waterpipe with crushed ice :D
il_430xN.41644116.jpg

il_430xN.41644118.jpg

stonemonkey55,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
I just send him a pm via an other forum , I'll let you know asap ....

hehe I'm hurry to get enought skill to make that type of piece but I have to work on my welding ...really tuff shit to made :mad: ...one day maybe :rolleyes:

Clear_Dome,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Until VRIPtech comes out with the GG joint down stems for the VHW I think I will have to use something like this

vwt2otjss_l.jpg

with this

vwtpro_l.jpg

and then attach something like this

il_430xN.41644116.jpg

I'll be in vapor heaven! Cleardome, thanks for asking your buddy for me, the one in the picture has 10 holes in the inline. I do not know if that it a lot, or a little, but the artist seemed to think it was worth mentioning. All glass vaporizing just got a little bit better! :D

stonemonkey55,

Progress

So much things to say...so little time...

SM (or anyone else who cares)-
The HOPS bubs (like the clear one in the video--with no etching though) is the favorite water tool I regularly use (ever used?) to VAPE (the modified Typhubbler and a custom 'maze' stemless (oh and the Luke Wilson sax) are actually close seconds, nonetheless...).

The hops bub hits like you're holding a 2-footer in the palm of your hand (as a matter of fact, a full PD stem almost fills the 3" RooR and just barely overfills the HOPS inline bub)

My favorite option for vaping would be the set-up in the 2nd video (but with a gadget-in-a-gadget base) I posted (the pieces amazingly add no draw).

There is too much to explain off the top of my head, but in a nutshell (will edit if I have time, but I lied last time I said that--at least so far). Here goes...Yes, the inline does break up bubbles giving more contact with water (hence more particle filtration/cooling). However, that is only the tip of the iceberg for the meticulously engineered gadget. As the bubbles are being broken the gases inside the bubbles are stretched (to the point of splitting). As gases expand (or are stretched in this case) they cool (picture steam coming out of a pipe, expanding, and cooling. The inline gadget overshoots the the dome above it on both sides, causing an insane amount of collisions as the bubbles (after being split by the inline) fight to get into the chamber above. Additionally, the bubbles have to fight the falling water in this chamber before entering the wheel in the side (which also acts to collect and concentrate steam in a couple of ways--too little time though).

It does not matter as much how many slits the inline has (IMO, SLITS PERFORM BETTER THAN HOLES--loose women :lol: ). Back on track... It is all about everything being in proportion with everything else (many say that hops is the best at this).

I love icy moist hits too, but actually have become fond of the flavor enhancing effect of warm water (assuming the device has the potential to manually cool the vapor enough to make it comfortable),

There is sooo much more, but time there is not (woah, I turned into Yoda for a second...)

Oh yeah, Clear Dome: I have some ideas about post production parts that could drastically increase the performance of the Extreme (when I have more time, I'll post them in your glass thread--or the Extreme thread--if you prefer). Your lamp-working is RAPIDLY progressing (keep it up). Welding/cutting pre-made pieces like they are in the inlines is definitely not easy. Ty for trying to help the monkey find one.

Toke it easy :cool:

Progress

Progress,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Progress - thanks for the reply, very informative indeed. Do you find the inlines actually condense the vapor, or just moisturizes it really well? At this point, I'm just so amazed watching these videos that I am definitely going to invest in one. Is there anything that Hops might do that makes his outperform other artists? CD's friend, N3rd, does very good work too, I've seen a lot of his stuff while just searching for inlines. I do like the one I posted in the picture above, pretty basic but still kinda pretty.

Were you not able to figure out a way to use the Verdamper with the inline? For some reason, I just think adding tubing, regardless if it is food or medical grade tubing, to be counterproductive to all glass vaping. I used to be pretty darn happy hooking up my SSV to one of the hand bubblers from 7th floor until I got to use the VHW and vape without a hose. I'm preaching to the choir since you already own a Verdamper - like I said, nothing against silicone tubing, it's just isn't the same as glass

CD - I look forward to the day you start making these pieces, based on your previous work, I am sure once you get the process down, you will be making kick ass inlines.

stonemonkey55,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
hey I just got the price from n3rd , for a 5-6 sections with a matching bowl he ask for 130-150 so without the bowl it will be less .....damn he have super good price I was sure he will ask for like 250 ....I'll try to find his email , this way you'll just have to tell him that clear dome send you ;)

by sections I mean reversal section @WW@

Clear_Dome,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
CD - Is that how the pricing usually works? By section (not familiar with reversal section)? The one in the picture that I had attached looks like I can count out 5 sections. Is he basing his pricing for a similar one in the photo? I am so excited, thank you CD!

stonemonkey55,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
yep I sent him the exact picture ...so the price is for the same inline ;) WAY CHEAPER than I was expecting ...I just ask him his email so I'll give it to go asap

Clear_Dome,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
CD - You are the man! The guy that made the piece I attached (Glasstafarian) wanted $200 so this is pretty much a win/win for me, better (or at least better known) glass blower, cheaper price! Happy holidays to myself lol!

stonemonkey55,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
CD - was just researching some of N3rd's work online and ended up at his myspace page. Really impressive stuff and only 20 minutes away from me! :D I am beyond pumped!

stonemonkey55,

Progress

Typing from my phone, but congrats SM (you rock CD).

N3RD def duz gr8 work (oil vap, etc.) should be nice (the price is)

Progress,
Top Bottom