Vitolo

Vaporist
Today I decided to tackle the job.....
They harden to the consistency of a thin layer of hard candy when the bags cool.
If a user handles the bags a great deal when the bags are rich in sublimate coating then the layers, like candy will crack and break.
DSC03566.jpg

Above: I will not be recycling the regular Volcano Bag, as it shows signs of wear.
The long bag will get cleaned and trimmed, and given as a spare to a local patient that
had requested a giant bag like this.
Update on the re-build of a new Large bag.
This step is the retrieval of the "reclaim".
I start by gently moving, stretching out folds... and finally crinkling the bag to loosen the solid sublimates that have been deposited.
DSC04291.jpg

The stuff chips off and falls to the bags bottom.
It can also be peeled off by hand in larger shards if desired.
DSC03567.jpg

It is pure gold!
Vaped, it has a really rich essence and delicious flavor...
A flavor that speaks of a year of strains!
DSC04476.jpg

More later........

Last edited:

DorianGray

got my SB care package in the mail today.

crafty_package.jpg

6 new bags for my volcano, replacement parts for my crafty and a a volcano Tshirt!. Gonna represent in the gym to show mofos that people can be heavy vaporists and still work out hard in the gym!

i'm still waiting for my glass bubbler piece to come in from china!

@Vitolo, you're awesome man, that tshirt should be for you!

lazylathe

Almost there...
So I am loving my Volcano!!
Heats up in a few minutes and I just cover the screen with herb, insert the oil pad and I get three bags!
One awesome bag, one fair and one really light.
All blown at 6.5 on the dial.
ABV comes out a light brown which is fine for me!

Those three bags seem to do me for a good 2 hours without any topping up!

Of course the Volcano is a beast with a fully loaded chamber and the bags are out of this world, especially that first bag!! Flavour city!!!

Tries connecting it to one of my WT's but the pump is just too strong for my small bubblers! This thing needs a massive combustion tube to perform as a vape bong.
See if I can find a cheap one to test with!

I.b.vaping

So I am loving my Volcano!!
Heats up in a few minutes and I just cover the screen with herb, insert the oil pad and I get three bags!
One awesome bag, one fair and one really light.
All blown at 6.5 on the dial.
ABV comes out a light brown which is fine for me!

Those three bags seem to do me for a good 2 hours without any topping up!

Of course the Volcano is a beast with a fully loaded chamber and the bags are out of this world, especially that first bag!! Flavour city!!!

Tries connecting it to one of my WT's but the pump is just too strong for my small bubblers! This thing needs a massive combustion tube to perform as a vape bong.
See if I can find a cheap one to test with!
Hey lazylathe I use the f bomb with the volcano! Using the solid valve bag! Just push the mouthpiece of the bag into the bottom of the f bomb! Simples

I.b.vaping,

lazylathe

Almost there...
Hey lazylathe I use the f bomb with the volcano! Using the solid valve bag! Just push the mouthpiece of the bag into the bottom of the f bomb! Simples

Do you use it dry?
I have an FC-187 bubbler and ended up drinking most of the water!! Way too much pressure! It was quite funny though... Unfortunately I has not cleaned it in a few days...

lazylathe,
Reactions: biohacker

DorianGray

the extreme q whip that I bought to use with my crafty fits snuggly on the chamber piece of my volcano. the possibilities are endless *rubs hands*

DorianGray,
Reactions: lazylathe

lazylathe

Almost there...
Tried some concentrate in the Volcano for the first time today!
So far i have only used the shatter i made many months ago.
A blob on the oil pad, started on 7 and worked my way up to 9.
All bags were excellent, the flavour was spot on and the effects came on very strong!

It felt like a TKO a few hours later though...A fantastic afternoon nap and a dog walk to set me straight again!

Mangos

The cano is my daily driver, it grew on me more and more with time. While I dont grow(wish I could) , I have an amazing source with an almost constant supply. I'm lucky there.

With that said, I can load as little as .1 g in the solid valve and get great bags. I've heard the easy valve needs a bit more as the oven looks much bigger.
Great to read. Recently been in the market for a powerful, reliable and fairly efficient desktop, after being fed up of my cheaper vapes dying on me; Was seriously torn between the Evo and the Volcano, after reading up on the issues people had with the European units of the Evo I was put off.

Only thing that kept me interested was that the Evo seemed to perform better with less material, which is huge for me. Nice to know that the Volcano can still product bags with as little as 0.1 g. Not trying to put down the Evo, just trying to find a reliable powerful vape after wasting a lot of cash on unreliable devices.

shredder

Hi! New to the forum, but I have a volcano classic I bought in June of 09. It's still in use and it gets used almost daily. I bought the solid valve and I clean it with rubbing alcohol when I change bags. I bought a new solid valve recently, but i still use the first one and i have never even changed a screen, i just clean them with alcohol, in place. I soak it in alcohol, then brush it clean. I change bags about every 2-4 weeks depending on how sticky they are. I've settled on setting my dial to 4.5 to 5, and leaving it there. I just cover the bottom screen with herb and fill one large size turkey roaster bag, and save the used herb for making oil. I know it's somewhat wasteful filling only one bag, because I could still get a shit ton of vapor out of it, but my bags always tastes great, and I use the abv for oil anyway.

I highly recommend this vape! But I did recently buy a mighty, and love it so far, so I'm trusting S&B to deliver again, but I'll never give up my cano!

DorianGray

Hi! New to the forum, but I have a volcano classic I bought in June of 09. It's still in use and it gets used almost daily. I bought the solid valve and I clean it with rubbing alcohol when I change bags. I bought a new solid valve recently, but i still use the first one and i have never even changed a screen, i just clean them with alcohol, in place. I soak it in alcohol, then brush it clean. I change bags about every 2-4 weeks depending on how sticky they are. I've settled on setting my dial to 4.5 to 5, and leaving it there. I just cover the bottom screen with herb and fill one large size turkey roaster bag, and save the used herb for making oil. I know it's somewhat wasteful filling only one bag, because I could still get a shit ton of vapor out of it, but my bags always tastes great, and I use the abv for oil anyway.

I highly recommend this vape! But I did recently buy a mighty, and love it so far, so I'm trusting S&B to deliver again, but I'll never give up my cano!
have you tried vaping your first bag with the metal puck? since you're only hitting 1 bag, it would be a good idea.

DorianGray,
Reactions: shredder

shredder

have you tried vaping your first bag with the metal puck? since you're only hitting 1 bag, it would be a good idea.

Would the "puck" be the oil pad? I've just used it as per the instructions. I've never used the oil pad for anything. Once or twice I added a drop of oil or a little hash on the herb. What is the deal on the puck?

DorianGray

Would the "puck" be the oil pad? I've just used it as per the instructions. I've never used the oil pad for anything. Once or twice I added a drop of oil or a little hash on the herb. What is the deal on the puck?

yeah, the oil pad. it's meant to use with oil or to fill space in the chamber when using a small amount of flowers.

When not using the puck I get about 4 bags of vapour. When using it, I get about 2.5 bags but the first 2 are exceptional bags, especially the first one. By the way, I only vape at 8.8 on the dial of the volcano.

Try it and let us know.

DoubleVanos

Great to read. Recently been in the market for a powerful, reliable and fairly efficient desktop, after being fed up of my cheaper vapes dying on me; Was seriously torn between the Evo and the Volcano, after reading up on the issues people had with the European units of the Evo I was put off.

Only thing that kept me interested was that the Evo seemed to perform better with less material, which is huge for me. Nice to know that the Volcano can still product bags with as little as 0.1 g. Not trying to put down the Evo, just trying to find a reliable powerful vape after wasting a lot of cash on unreliable devices.

It can be very efficient if you want it to, and is also unbeatable for groups. The one thing that is clearly in the volcanos favour is the powerful air pump. It can fill a huge bag no matter how packed the load in 30 seconds, tops. It is beastly. The Evo while versatile, take quite a bit longer.
I also recommend the solid valve. It's cheaper in the long run, and replacing the bags and cleaning is not bad at all. I actually enjoy doing it. You can also load less in the oven and it's a much more robust valve system. I'm a heavy user and make a new bag every 3 months or so.

By the way, I only vape at 8.8 on the dial of the volcano.
Wow, that's high! (Pun intended :D)

I'm a 6-7 kinda guy, those 8+ bags are seriously heavy!

Last edited:

shredder

yeah, the oil pad. it's meant to use with oil or to fill space in the chamber when using a small amount of flowers.

When not using the puck I get about 4 bags of vapour. When using it, I get about 2.5 bags but the first 2 are exceptional bags, especially the first one. By the way, I only vape at 8.8 on the dial of the volcano.

Try it and let us know.

Thanks! I will try it soon.

It must diffuse the vapor? I run my volcano at 4.5 lol. I like tasty bags, and grow my own. And I use large bags. Plus I use the particaily spent herb to make oil. I mix it with high cdb oil for help with sleeping. A lot of the thc is converted to cdn's. And cdn's are ideal for sleep, pain and so on.

I started out in 09 using bigger loads and ran the herb 2-3 bags, and at ever higher temps, but I grew tired of the roughness of the experience. I much prefer lighter more flavorfull bags, it might be an age thing, I'm 60 yr old.

Last edited:

shredder

Ive been using turkey roaster bags on a solid valve for some years now and I change them when they get yellowed and sticky. For me that's just 3-5 weeks. Am I too picky, or are your bags full of goo? I also keep some alcohol wipes to clean the mouth piece in group usage, or if it's been a while since I've used it.

Michel

If guests don't breath in your bags you can keep them for a longer time... But after S&B you are doing right because of bacteria and mold theoretically could be build up. But they consider the volcano to be a medical device and average users could have weak immun systems and they don't want to be responsible or even taken to court because of a lung infection

h3rbalist

I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to, too
My new bag delivery system.
20150315_014522-1_zpskpp7ahwr.jpg

Just like to take a minute to mention the easy valve.

I love this seemingly insignificant piece of plastic.

Never has the word ergonomic had so much meaning for me.

I enjoy the feel of it and the design. Take a close look and you can see where the Crafty/Mighty got there looks from, I'm sure they are made of the same grade plastic.

I hold mine just like I used to hold my grifters. Pinched inbetween my thumb and index finger or rested between index and middle finger effortlessly.

One love, for the easy valve.

:love:

Last edited:

Jman5280

Update on the re-build of a new Large bag.
This step is the retrieval of the "reclaim".
I start by gently moving, stretching out folds... and finally crinkling the bag to loosen the solid sublimates that have been deposited.
DSC03564.jpg

The stuff chips off and falls to the bags bottom.
It can also be peeled off by hand in larger shards if desired.
DSC03566.jpg

It is pure gold!
Vaped, it has a really rich essence and delicious flavor...
A flavor that speaks of a year of strains!
DSC03567.jpg

More later........

Do you use the solid valve? Or do you modify easy valves with larger bags? I am thinking of switching to the solid valve set...how long do your large bags last? How big do you make them?

Another reason I want to try the solid valve is because I'm having issues with my easy valve bags. The mouthpieces get very sticky after just a week or so, and the mouthpiece will slowly release after being pushed in to take a hit = vapor leakage

Jman5280,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Do you use the solid valve? Or do you modify easy valves with larger bags? I am thinking of switching to the solid valve set...how long do your large bags last? How big do you make them?

Another reason I want to try the solid valve is because I'm having issues with my easy valve bags. The mouthpieces get very sticky after just a week or so, and the mouthpiece will slowly release after being pushed in to take a hit = vapor leakage
I have used both systems, and like the EZ valve more.
I modify EZ valves with a larger bag.
If you refer to the previous images, those are all a re-build of an EZ Valve bag/mouthpiece assembly, utilizing new OEM Volcano Bag material (on a roll... made for use with Solid Valve)
The large bags I make are 42 inches (so that They don't drag on floor when I walk, and do not get in the way when I sit).
The 42 inch bags last me a year, and then I re-do them.
The big bag overwhelms some visitors, so I use the small bag for them, until I know their norms.
I clean the valve on the small old bag to make the new big one... I clean it very well.
After it serves on the big bag for a year it gets tossed.
The big 42 inch bag is just 2 inches larger than the regular bag, but in filled volume the difference is greater due to more lengthy central expansion between end ties.
Photo%20on%202015-03-18%20at%2014.37.jpg

Another reason I want to try the solid valve is because I'm having issues with my easy valve bags. The mouthpieces get very sticky after just a week or so, and the mouthpiece will slowly release after being pushed in to take a hit
Is this on old bags?
Slow mouthpiece release can be repaired by taking the assembly apart (dont do it blindly..we do not want to cause a tear in the bag) A good first step before doing this as an elimination.. dip the mouthpiece itself (only the black part for now) in Iso... wash, rinse dry her up real well.stick finger inside orange mouthpiece housing on the bag and assure yourself that it is not sticky....
and that the silicone flat flange/gasket (round translucent piece with X cut in it) is flexible and not obviously torn.
Put the mouthpiece back in once all is clean and dry feeling, and see if the "spring" is back in the mouthpiece release.
Last resort is popping it open, and flipping over that gasket.
This will make for a snappy mouthpiece release, but since the bend on the gasket will now be upward, it will allow more ready seepage.
None of us here have tried your mouthpiece.
Have you used others?
was theirs better release?
May be time to start a new bag!

Jman5280

I have used both systems, and like the EZ valve more.
I modify EZ valves with a larger bag.
If you refer to the previous images, those are all a re-build of an EZ Valve bag/mouthpiece assembly, utilizing new OEM Volcano Bag material (on a roll... made for use with Solid Valve)
The large bags I make are 42 inches (so that They don't drag on floor when I walk, and do not get in the way when I sit).
The 42 inch bags last me a year, and then I re-do them.
The big bag overwhelms some visitors, so I use the small bag for them, until I know their norms.
I clean the valve on the small old bag to make the new big one... I clean it very well.
After it serves on the big bag for a year it gets tossed.
The big 42 inch bag is just 2 inches larger than the regular bag, but in filled volume the difference is greater due to more lengthy central expansion between end ties.
Photo%20on%202015-03-18%20at%2014.37.jpg

Is this on old bags?
Slow mouthpiece release can be repaired by taking the assembly apart (dont do it blindly..we do not want to cause a tear in the bag) A good first step before doing this as an elimination.. dip the mouthpiece itself (only the black part for now) in Iso... wash, rinse dry her up real well.stick finger inside orange mouthpiece housing on the bag and assure yourself that it is not sticky....
and that the silicone flat flange/gasket (round translucent piece with X cut in it) is flexible and not obviously torn.
Put the mouthpiece back in once all is clean and dry feeling, and see if the "spring" is back in the mouthpiece release.
Last resort is popping it open, and flipping over that gasket.
This will make for a snappy mouthpiece release, but since the bend on the gasket will now be upward, it will allow more ready seepage.
None of us here have tried your mouthpiece.
Have you used others?
was theirs better release?
May be time to start a new bag!

Great job on those bags, I'm inspired to try this...thanks!

Thanks for the mouthpiece tips. I have been cleaning the black part of the mouthpiece that gets oil all over it, but the part of the gasket that touches it has sticky oil all over it too, which is grabbing the mouthpiece when pushed against the gasket.

Jman5280,

DorianGray

All this talk of batteries crapping out on the crafty left me wanting to hit my volcano. I had been using only my crafty for the last 3 weeks. you notice a big difference in vapour quality. even at 8.8 the volcano produces very clean and pleasant vapour that one doesn't even think to consider water filtration. But the vapour produced by the crafty at 410'f can be a little harsh.

btw, if anyone is considering getting that volcano t shirt from the site, i recommend it. Its a thick fruit of the loom tshirt but the patching in the back is made of good quality and it overall looks like it would last a long time.

@h3rbalist thats funny bro! lol

I'm going to connect my extreme q whip to the volcano and see If I can waterboard myself with vapour. lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom