tikimaize

Big Rigger Approved!
I love my solid valve. I can make my bags whatever size I want and it's much cheaper to maintain. Downsides are replacing the bag is more work, although not a big deal and it seems all attachments are made for the easy valve.

tikimaize,

3serieSensi

Okay now I know why i was vaping at 4.2 and the left side of high noon on the dial.

At 5, the bag will become stale after a few minutes if you go try and grab a giant lungful like an idiot.

3serieSensi,

Vitolo

Vaporist
But a Volcano, really? That's a joke! IMO it's the most passe, overpriced, 20th century relic in the vape world. Bags? You like bag, stinky stale goofy 4 hit bags? :lol: C'mon! I threw our my last Volcano with my 486 Gateway2000.
I own almost every vape known.
I personally use my SSV the most, but enjoy the Volcano a great deal.
On a recent survey of patients that are members of our local MMJ Cardholder patient forum, one question was which vaporizer the patients enjoy using the most when they are at my lab.
Most of these patients have been here a dozen times, and they get to try a different vape each time.
Age range 40 to 85 years old.
8 out of ten said the Volcano.
I have changed my personal bag once, after it was used for 7 months daily, and I found the essence far from stinky, ... likely the most intoxicating odor, and effective reclaim I have experienced.

How is it a better deal to buy the Volcano over a Zephyr Ion, when the zephyr has more options, is digital, has USB expandability for future uses, and overall costs 50% less then a volcano.

A better deal is not determined by the cost, but by the user getting EXACTLY what they wished for.
A "Jack of all Trades".... is most often "The Master of None".
The Volcano does one thing and does it very well.
The Zephyr does a couple of things, fairly well.
I gave my Zephyr up, as a loaner vape for patients in the community.

tikimaize

Big Rigger Approved!
Stinky???? Far from it. By far the best tasting vape I've used. It's very efficient, and anyone can use it with great results on their first use. Plus it's like a tank, it'll last a very long time. I really don't understand the Cano haters out there. I love mine and plan on using it for a very long time.

Edit: come to think of it I have never heard anyone complain about a broken Cano (although I have not read every thread here.).

max

Out to lunch
Stinky???? Far from it. By far the best tasting vape I've used.
Really? The first hit from any number of direct draw models should beat any bag vape for taste (and does in my own experience). It's fresher (much quicker from vapor production to mouth delivery) and has no ABV taste mixed in, which is hard to avoid when filling a bag.

I really don't understand the Cano haters out there.
Why would anyone hate it? It's a great vaporizer. Do you count those (like me) who think it's overpriced in today's market as haters? If so that's little extreme. I know hater is popular slang these days, but for some of us old timers it doesn't apply to the 'cano. Even though we may have zero interest in it, we still respect the quality.

come to think of it I have never heard anyone complain about a broken Cano
I have, but I've been reading mj forums for many years. It's susceptible to the same wear and tear and component failure as others, just not as often as most.

max,
Stinky???? Far from it. By far the best tasting vape I've used. It's very efficient...
Have you not used many vapes? I would rate it fairly near the bottom of the ones I've tried and owned, for the reasons max stated above.

I also don't consider it very efficient in contrast to some of my other vapes.

kingofnull,

tikimaize

Big Rigger Approved!
I will admit I don't have much to compare it too, but to say its stinky is just not true. (Unless you are referring to the good stinkiness ;) )Man all I can say is if some other vapes blow away the volcano in taste, then I really need to try them.

@Max: Just using hater in a modern slang way. No offense intended.

tikimaize,

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
The taste can be really awesome with lots of maintenance. It takes the dust now that I got the MV but this is a great machine

Roger D,

3serieSensi

:myday:
Oops, I apologize for anything said in my youth.
:)

Hey so yeah I like to take these bags on the go.

I go to a sauna quite often to work out some reconstructed joints and like to bring a bag or two.

They do not seem to get stale if I leave the temp low, I usually do a low 4 for this. Will do a comparison today and let y'all know if I find anything useful. Wonder if refrigeration keeps vapor better. I usually leave em in mein auto for a few hours until needed.

3serieSensi,

3serieSensi

I also turn into a mad scientist whenever I do this on the go bag thing.

I try to compensate for the tendency for the bag fillup to include too little 'dense' vapor. Gotta make each bag count, right? (I'm limiting myself to two 'normal' size bags right now) So i kind of work the machine like a shitty blender or whatever. Poor analogy maybe. During the fillup process, I usually also drain the bag's progress with a suck here and there, to make what could have filled 2 or 3 into just one.

Not sure if this makes much sense but I'm sure we all have a similar or other technique developed. It's kind of a flow thing, you just do it as you go and make it work best cause we're smart monkeys.

I'm just a few weeks in with my new Classic but have about three months steady Volcano experience cumulative.

lol

3serieSensi,

hoptimum

Have you not used many vapes? I would rate it fairly near the bottom of the ones I've tried and owned, for the reasons max stated above.

I also don't consider it very efficient in contrast to some of my other vapes.

I use the volcano digit, arizer solo, extreme Q and da buddha interchangeably in rotation. Compared with those other 3 the volcano is a little less efficient than the solo and actually more efficient than the EQ and DBV. Stinky? Not even close. And although the solo might taste a little better, the flavor from the volcano bags is at least as pleasant as the other two. One quality that is often overlooked is the precision of the volcano, which to my knowledge is unsurpassed among vaporizers. The digit is rated accurate to within 1 degree celsius, and to my knowledge no other vape even comes close in that regard. It heats up quickly and fills a bag in less than 45 seconds. IMO, the volcano does what it does far better and more precisely than any other vaporizer on the market.

Jonny2Ts

in too deep...
I've had the original volcano for 8 or 9 years now. FOr most of its life, its left on. Its well kept, always looked after and handled gently. I still love it, and am wondering how to reclaim from bags? Wouldn't using a solvent on the plastic be a bad idea? Heat gets things gummy, then what?
I adore my Volcano, and am wondering on a flavor/exctraction standpoint how it may compare to the vapexhale & LSV?
<< New guy here, LoOong time vape fan.

Vitolo

Vaporist
I use 91% Iso... shake it around in the bag... and rub it against the insides with my finger.
Any chips of resin I peel off and throw on a dish.
When done, I pour the golden liquid on that dish...
evaporate and figure out how you will enjoy it.

Vitolo,
Reactions: Tweek

Vitolo

Vaporist
You already decided.... and are just waiting to be pushed!
Every person I ever met that had a Volcano was happy with their decision.
If you are on the fence, then you represent the Vaporist that likes the idea and is waiting for some positive reinforcement.
I never liked the bag concept.
A friend had a Volcano (digi) and it had a brand new solid valve kit AND a brand new Easy Valve kit.
It had a case of Volcano bags with it, and came with an additional dozen Easy Valve bags.
He needed cash, and closed his business (head shop) and offered me this entire package for SOOO little I had to do it.
My plan since I do not care for bags was to give it to another patient, and amaze them with the price.
I could have doubled my money on this and people would think they got a steal.
I used the Volcano once, and knew I would keep it.
I do not use bags often, but they do have their "niche'.

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
I got one, loved it. Currently taking massive amounts of dust in a corner of my room

Roger D,

Greenmile1332

LOL thanx vitolo! I know, i have used them in the past and love em, but only have enough for either the cano in a few weeks..... or something under 5 today! and this full jar of blue dream is disappearing quickly.... :/ i have been really looking into the inhalator xp too, but the warranty and the reviews and the design of the pax is killing me!

I eventually want and will have port(s) and a home unit bc I am converting for good! (besides a good joint every now and then, maybe haven't converted fully yet, but theres just something about a nice J that I love.) I just am having trouble on making a move!!!

Roger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why is it just collecting dust for you friend/? to much of a hassle or have you found a different favorite tool??!?!?!

Greenmile1332,
Reactions: Vitolo

Roger D

Vapor Wizard
I enjoy high temperature vaping, the volcano is a bit harsh at high temperatures. I also prefer on demand extraction (direct draw, pure convection)
Since I got the MV I slowly used less and less the volcano and now it's in a corner taking dust. I don't see the point using it since I enjoy the other way better.
Balloons pissed me off also. Got the volcano for 5 years and that's what pushed me for change

Roger D,

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
I must admit that I use my Volcano much less frequently at home since receiving my LSV. I don't think I'll ever sell it because I've had it for so long and nothing beats the Volcano when I have company over. It's just too easy to grind up a big nug and toss everything in the chamber to produce bag after bag of vapor to pass around. I can show anyone how to use it once and once is all they need to be shown. It's a great machine, but I just enjoy using the LSV through my bubbler more for taste and vapor density.

RamMan23

I must admit that I use my Volcano much less frequently at home since receiving my LSV. I don't think I'll ever sell it because I've had it for so long and nothing beats the Volcano when I have company over. It's just too easy to grind up a big nug and toss everything in the chamber to produce bag after bag of vapor to pass around. I can show anyone how to use it once and once is all they need to be shown. It's a great machine, but I just enjoy using the LSV through my bubbler more for taste and vapor density.

Thought the same thing when I first got my lsv.. But after a few weeks I was back to my volcano. For me being able to leave the volcano on all day that's where it wins me over. The soderling iron or lsv they call it doesn't do it for me.

RamMan23,
Reactions: hoptimum

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
Well, it's been about 6 months for me and the Volcano has been sitting in its storage case. It's been used once for company, but other than that it just sits. As I said, I'll never sell it, but it just doesn't do what the LSV does for me. I actually do keep my LSV on all day with no problems. I guess you could use it as a soldering iron, but since I use it as a vaporizer, it is a vaporizer. A damn good one, just like the Volcano, just better suited for my needs. I enjoy direct draw and using my bubbler so the LSV wins. I'm glad you enjoy your Volcano. I've recommended it to many people.

Deadshort480,
Reactions: Vitolo
Top Bottom