Volcano Hybrid

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
May I ask please what is the basis for this statement?
I thought the rings would show up on my digital scale with the ceramic coating. Doesn't even weigh a gram. The SS ring from my Classic shows 3 grams on my digital scale.

Vaporooni,

Baron23

I thought the rings would show up on my digital scale with the ceramic coating. Doesn't even weigh a gram. The SS ring from my Classic shows 3 grams on my digital scale.
I guess I'm still not understanding.

It is no surprise that SS rings and chamber will be much heavier than aluminum but I don't undertstand why things should weigh a certain amount because they are ceramic coated.

In my mind, the weight of previous versions of these parts is not relevant....just does it work or doesn't it.

And, may I ask...are you certain those are rub marks on your ring or perhaps that that particular part was not coated well and evenly on the bottom of the ring? Just speculating hear.

Cheers

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
I guess I'm still not understanding.

It is no surprise that SS rings and chamber will be much heavier than aluminum but I don't undertstand why things should weigh a certain amount because they are ceramic coated.

In my mind, the weight of previous versions of these parts is not relevant....just does it work or doesn't it.

And, may I ask...are you certain those are rub marks on your ring or perhaps that that particular part was not coated well and evenly on the bottom of the ring? Just speculating hear.

Cheers
Your probably right, The coating was not applied in that area as well as the top of the ring. I guess the weight doesn't really matter.

Haze Mister

Verdant Bloomer
Manufacturer
Ah, yes. You want whip, you buy Hybrid. Of course.:zombie:
I predict S&B's next product will be a Limited Edition rose gold & platinum Classic with a vintage styling.

Too bad about the aluminium ring tho. :suspicious:

caviareview

Is the new whip attachment compatible with the previous versions of the Volcano? I can't see any clues on their website....
I'm pretty sure one of the features of the hybrid is a valve that gets switched while the fan is on which means when the fan isn't on you can just inhale straight through the unit. I guess you could use a whip on the old solid-valve chambers but you would have to deal with inhaling while the fan is on.

poison

Hello.
I've just recieved replacement parts:
1. New filling chamber + insert
2. New capsule adapter + one capsule + some screens
3. New housing for chambers. I've reported micromelted signs on original, that's why I got it.

mvlRfbQ.jpg

Best regards. :D

silverharbinger

I have received the new insert and a original-sized chamber, and a replacement chamber reducer is on the way. So far, so good!

Does the newer chamber seem to be a little bit slower to get to vaporization temperatures for those who have it compared to the all aluminum parts, or about the same? In my experience it appears to be a bit slower, maybe 10-15 seconds or more time to get there, but I could be imagining things.

silverharbinger,

Baron23

So, I ran my Hybrid with the new parts last night and can confirm that it indeed does retain the conduction feature (ouch...that was hot! haha).

Worked well and really nothing more to say about it.

I just noticed that the ring that snaps onto the Hybrid spins like a record. I tried cleaning with the brush that the Hybrid came with and the ring spun. I also noticed the valve doesn't go on fully because the added ring. The ring that goes into the valve should be made smaller to make up for the difference. This would allow you to use less green and wont require a reducer.

Hi - the ring (the piece that goes on the unit) does not spin at all. It snapped firmly into place and does not move. Wonder why yours seems to.

Also, what valve are you talking about? You mean the filling chamber housing? The black and orange housing for the oven hardware? So, yes...the ring adds a bit of height and I and others have noticed that if you don't have the top part of the housing attached, it will push the ceramic/metal oven will pop up slightly when the housing is screwed onto the base. But, I never put just the bottom of the housing on so I don't see this as any sort of issue, personally.

Now, I haven't noticed if this slight increase in height results in being able to not screw the housing on as fully as before. However, it did screw on firmly and turn sufficiently far enough that I was very confident that it was well attached.

All in all, at this time I'm happy with their solution.

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
So, I ran my Hybrid with the new parts last night and can confirm that it indeed does retain the conduction feature (ouch...that was hot! haha).

Worked well and really nothing more to say about it.

Hi - the ring (the piece that goes on the unit) does not spin at all. It snapped firmly into place and does not move. Wonder why yours seems to.

Also, what valve are you talking about? You mean the filling chamber housing? The black and orange housing for the oven hardware? So, yes...the ring adds a bit of height and I and others have noticed that if you don't have the top part of the housing attached, it will push the ceramic/metal oven will pop up slightly when the housing is screwed onto the base. But, I never put just the bottom of the housing on so I don't see this as any sort of issue, personally.

Now, I haven't noticed if this slight increase in height results in being able to not screw the housing on as fully as before. However, it did screw on firmly and turn sufficiently far enough that I was very confident that it was well attached.

All in all, at this time I'm happy with their solution.
Just found out only the screen spins like a record.LMAO I did try to replace the post with a vape song. I vape two bags before I vape two bags then I vaped some more.

Last edited:
Top Bottom