Volcano Hybrid

Crafty Vaper

Ain't easy being green
ccIdS4G.jpg

My Vape family :tup: The boss and his little helpers! :brow:

Last edited:

Apparition87

I'm seeing some people on reddit have already scratched theres badly.. just brutal.

And what's the deal with these updated housings have the truly changed them and made them melt proof? Do we have to buy the outright to receive them even if our originals are melting?

Seems like no one knows wtf is up with the chamber reducer either, seems like they are just going to do nothing about from all the mixed messages regarding it I've seen now

Apparition87,

JPE

I'm seeing some people on reddit have already scratched theres badly.. just brutal.

And what's the deal with these updated housings have the truly changed them and made them melt proof? Do we have to buy the outright to receive them even if our originals are melting?

Seems like no one knows wtf is up with the chamber reducer either, seems like they are just going to do nothing about from all the mixed messages regarding it I've seen now

1. No news on chamber reducer yet.
2. Send them a pic of your melting housing they will send you a new one.

Apparition87

1. No news on chamber reducer yet.
2. Send them a pic of your melting housing they will send you a new one.
I know they will send me a new housing but is it the same housing that will melt? A few pages back in this thread there is people talking about recieving an updating housing that aligns differently and surely wont melt. Is there no official word on that?

Apparition87,

dopephish

Hrm, I only saw the one person that said they managed to scratch their ring by trying to use it with the original chamber reducer. Not saying that should scratch it, but it wasn't new part on new part.

dopephish,

snamuh

ghost
Hrm, I only saw the one person that said they managed to scratch their ring by trying to use it with the original chamber reducer. Not saying that should scratch it, but it wasn't new part on new part.
For anyone wondering this is the post.

Just put mine on. https://i.imgur.com/sjyz1eb.jpg
Because the new chamber reducer isn’t available yet I did a test fit with my current one and managed to scratch the coating already so that’s cool.
Since I don’t think I can easily switch back to the original ring I guess I’ll just have to be extra careful now when I use it.
Edit: honestly can’t tell if it’s the coating chipping or the aluminum reducer leaving marks. Either way I’m bummed. Definitely scratched it again just now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/VolcanoVaporizer/comments/fay1ik/filling_chamber_arrived/

Idk the properties of aluminium and ceramic... But it may just be chalk-like marks. I assume the ceramic pieces have a bit of a grit texture. So ceramic on ceramic might not have any issue.

The ceramic piece do look slick though!

Wish this vape worked out for me. I tried using my dosing capsules with my flowerpot and the material effects my lungs differently as well as i can taste the dosing capsule. I wonder if have a sensitivity to some metals... I used some kanthal wire to lock a screen into my glass fp bowl and felt like that effected my lungs a little too. Ti and ss seems fine though. Sorry kind of off topic... My minds just flowing.

Last edited:

Poostuff

Please delete
I haven’t heard anything either. I dunno how they’re prioritising, maybe it’s VIP customers first but I’m sure they’ll get to us eventually.

Poostuff,

ChooChooCharlie

Received new parts, easy install, secure fit

chamber-hatch.jpg

Still love their chamber design, how upper and lower meet
(Similar beveled edge within this Soviet sub hatch)
Ensures a contained vapor path, and subsequent back pain

Feeling optimistic about S&B, after the issues

Last edited:

wizzbang

While this thing is nice, I really miss the reducer. I never use more than like a pinch of weed for the reducer and this thing chews thru bud like a fucking beaver even with the drip pad. I use easily 2x as much weed now.

Crafty Vaper

Ain't easy being green
While this thing is nice, I really miss the reducer. I never use more than like a pinch of weed for the reducer and this thing chews thru bud like a fucking beaver even with the drip pad. I use easily 2x as much weed now.
Build your own reducer, cut a hole (as big as a capsule) in the middle of two drip pads and tadddaaa a reducer! :wave:

caviareview

Has anyone else got a tracking number but no shipping? It's been a week that I've been on "Shipment ready for UPS." I've emailed them twice with no replies (of course.)

Update, they just replied saying the UPS tracking was sent by mistake and it should arrive by normal post this week.

Last edited:

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
Don't feel bad, My new ring has scratches underneath the snap ring. The package was sent with the rings rubbing together in a bubble wrapped envelope. I would examine the rings before snapping them in permanently with a magnifying glass. I noticed the rings are to different colors.

Last edited:

caviareview

Don't feel bad, My new ring has scratches underneath the snap ring. The package was sent with the rings rubbing together in a bubble wrapped envelope. I would examine the rings before snapping them in permanently with a magnifying glass. I noticed the rings are to different colors.
Was is scratched before you even used it? Or you mean it scratches easily in use?

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
Was is scratched before you even used it? Or you mean it scratches easily in use?
I examined everything after opening the package and noticed the scratches plus the color difference in the two new rings. The weight of the rings are less than a gram. The rings should weigh at least a gram if ceramic coated. I believe they are easily scratched like Teflon coating.

Last edited:

caviareview

Mine just arrived actually, I see what you mean with the differing colour, mine look fine though. I also notice they feel kind of tacky on my fingers as I move them over the surface. Looks really similar to my air fryer oven though, which is ceramic coated metal and very scratch resistant but if you're saying yours is already showing signs of wear...

At least it's replaceable, before it felt like we were damaging the actual unit but now any damage would just be on a cheapo replacable part.

Top Bottom