Volcano Hybrid

Poostuff

Please delete
I started an RMA for my housings & bought another one so I can use it in the mean time.
Unfortunately I still haven’t heard anything about the new parts.
For those who’ve already received theirs does the screen come already installed in the chamber?
Also does anyone have any tips on how to change the screen without scratching the chamber? I struggle to change the uncoated one without scratching it.

Poostuff,

Crafty Vaper

Ain't easy being green
OMG! I received my parts today. :brow: Not with UPS like they told me but at least they are here. :rofl:
One top ring, a normal filling chamber, a capsule chamber (reducer), two screens and a capsule. The new coating looks good. :nod:
I cleaned all parts with ISO and I already clicked in the top ring...easy! Then I put the new reducer in housing and screwed it on the unit. I slowly turned it and I noticed that it „clicks“ now when it has reached its position. Like it is snapped into place.
With old chambers it was like: „Is it in place or do I have to screw it tighter?“ When I screwed only the orange part of the housing on the unit it clicked into place too, but with the chamber in the housing it doesn’t snapped into place.

I regularly use the whip so I did with the new capsule reducer. After my first try I noticed no differences at all between the old one and the new. Vape on! :rockon:

QViAwD3.mp4

Last edited:

Nolan Kinshella

I started an RMA for my housings & bought another one so I can use it in the mean time.
Unfortunately I still haven’t heard anything about the new parts.
For those who’ve already received theirs does the screen come already installed in the chamber?
Also does anyone have any tips on how to change the screen without scratching the chamber? I struggle to change the uncoated one without scratching it.

Mine came with a screen installed, been curious about scratches as well.

Nolan Kinshella,
Reactions: Poostuff

Magma_Industries

Accessory Maker
OMG! I received my parts today. :brow: Not with UPS like they told me but at least they are here. :rofl:
One top ring, a normal filling chamber, a capsule chamber (reducer), two screens and a capsule. The new coating looks good. :nod:
I cleaned all parts with ISO and I already clicked in the top ring...easy! Then I put the new reducer in housing and screwed it on the unit. I slowly turned it and I noticed that it „clicks“ now when it has reached its position. Like it is snapped into place.
With old chambers it was like: „Is it in place or do I have to screw it tighter?“ When I screwed only the orange part of the housing on the unit it clicked into place too, but with the chamber in the housing it doesn’t snapped into place.

I regularly use the whip so I did with the new capsule reducer. After my first try I noticed no differences at all between the old one and the new. Vape on! :rockon:

QViAwD3.mp4
We don't notice any clicking on ours. Does yours do it all the time, or was it just the first time when the insert became fully seated?

Crafty Vaper

Ain't easy being green
Is there any way for you to tell where the clicking is coming from?
I think you understood that wrong. It is a good click! When I screw on the filling chamber I notice now when it is screwed on enough. Try to screw on only the orange part and screw it on the unit.

Crafty Vaper,
Reactions: Mixio

dopephish

I think you understood that wrong. It is a good click! When I screw on the filling chamber I notice now when it is screwed on enough. Try to screw on only the orange part and screw it on the unit.

When I first got the new ring and chamber I tried screwing just the bottom part of the housing (orange piece) on without the top black half for a test fit. I noticed that since the new ring adds some height to the original setup it pushed the new chamber up enough to unseat it from the housing. Is it possible that's the click your are hearing?

Now, to be clear, with the top part screwed on for actual use it keeps that from happening, but if you're really screwing it on there tight maybe it's enough to push the chamber up a little. When I screw mine on I don't really force it after it seems snug.

Try it without the top piece to see what I'm talking about.

Crafty Vaper

Ain't easy being green
When I first got the new ring and chamber I tried screwing just the bottom part of the housing (orange piece) on without the top black half for a test fit. I noticed that since the new ring adds some height to the original setup it pushed the new chamber up enough to unseat it from the housing. Is it possible that's the click your are hearing?

Now, to be clear, with the top part screwed on for actual use it keeps that from happening, but if you're really screwing it on there tight maybe it's enough to push the chamber up a little. When I screw mine on I don't really force it after it seems snug.

Try it without the top piece to see what I'm talking about.

I know what you mean! I tried this too and without the top I can see the chamber coming up too. Try only the orange bottom to screw on the unit! Without chamber! Then you’ll know what I mean!

Last edited:
Crafty Vaper,

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
Oh dear...

I think I need a vomit break after watching that.

Have any of you got the whip working like at 0:10? That looks very fake: like they used a e-cig vape beforehand. I guess if they were using actors it makes sense.
I can't get past the taste of the vapour through the whip myself to be honest. Lately I've been hitting the Obsidian without the whip or the bag and without the air assist. I feel like Cypress Hill, Taking hits from the bong.https://www.magma-industries.com/store#!/Obsidian/p/91356278/category=0

Last edited:
Vaporooni,

Baron23

does the screen come already installed in the chamber?
If by "chamber" you mean the part that goes into the orange housing, then yes.

Also, the screen in the ring that snaps on to the base unit is also installed.

As for removing the screen in the base unit, its no problem at all. Just put something sharp and stiff that will fit into one of the holes in the screen and pull. Sharp nosed tweezers, long hat pin, whatever.

Remember, we don't need to preserve this screen...its excess as the ring has its screen already installed.

Cheers

BigC’sTowing

I know what you mean! I tried this too and without the top I can see the chamber coming up too. Try only the orange bottom to screw on the unit! Without chamber! Then you’ll know what I mean!
It’s always done that. It’s due to the bayonet style fastening system.

brathering

Oh dear...

Have any of you got the whip working like at 0:10? That looks very fake: like they used a e-cig vape beforehand. I guess if they were using actors it makes sense.

That's fake for sure. I use the whip all the time. Having a whip was my #1 reason for getting a Hybrid, although I already have a Volcano Classic. The bags are nice and all, but make too much noise and disturb my Netflix evenings. I prefer my hits to be much less milky than in the promo video, otherwise I wouldn't smile, but cough my lungs out.

Magma_Industries

Accessory Maker
I guess I'm a bit confused, are you only hearing the click when using ONLY the orange bottom piece? I'm just wondering why some people hear clicks and others don't. I would have thought the click was coming from the bowl insert being popped up and out of place, but that wouldn't happen if the full herbal chamber is assembled when installing. IMO, I don't think there is supposed to be a click...

Poostuff

Please delete
Mine came with a screen installed, been curious about scratches as well.
Thanks man.
I’ve been cleaning them in the ultrasonic cleaner without taking the screens out but they get build up close to the screen & inside the groove which is the only reason I eventually take them out.
I can pop them out from the bottom without too much damage but getting them in again is a different story. Just wondering how everyone else is doing it.

If by "chamber" you mean the part that goes into the orange housing, then yes.
Maybe I’m supposed to call it the bowl but yes that’s the bit, thanks for the confirmation.

Mixio

TheVaporOne
I also received the new ring, the chamber and the reducer, but with ordinary mail not with ups ... what a surprise for the weekend !!!
I installed everything, given a clean, changed bag and some screens … et voila '... a new volcano hybrid!
They gave us a bad Christmas present, even if the storz and bickel labs said that there is no health hazard ... but now it's perfect!
I have changed many vaporizers ... but the effect that the volcano gives is unique ... on desktops I no longer have vas (even on portable, crafty + is not kidding, now I am just looking for something special and I have found tinymight, just when I want a few hits on demand ...on the fly)
VOLCANO HYBRID...the King now is back!!!

Last edited:

SquirrelMaster

@Mixio
Yeah the Tinymight is my only vape that I feel can go toe to toe with the Hybrid. Minus the issues (that are being fixed) the Hybrid is just so effortless. It's not the best for flavour but it's not bad and there's something so appealing about those bags.

SquirrelMaster,

Mixio

TheVaporOne
@Mixio
Yeah the Tinymight is my only vape that I feel can go toe to toe with the Hybrid. Minus the issues (that are being fixed) the Hybrid is just so effortless. It's not the best for flavour but it's not bad and there's something so appealing about those bags.

try to give a nice and serious clean and to change some filter / screen in addition to the bag ... it acquires much more flavor, I was amazed, even for the volcano the clean vaporizer rule = clean flavor

this morning I made a big effort to get out of bed ... I celebrated the arrival of spare parts with a single chamber 0.5 g ... I'm still devastated! :rolleyes::love:

Last edited by a moderator:

SquirrelMaster

@Mixio
I agree, constant cleaning is definitely the best way to keep flavour optimal. Some of the pictures I see online of how dirty people let their vapes get make me gag. I haven't pulled my Hybrid out in a few days (?) but before my parts arrive next week I'm going to give it another deep clean. My latest bag is still relatively good I believe and I don't let the rest of the vapour path get too dirty. I think I'm tasting the plastic possibly not that it tastes "plasticy" just not as pure as the Tinymight. I better do more testing with new parts just to be sure :D.

Yeah I love a nice half gram bowl in the Hybrid, it medicates me extremely well. I don't love what it's done to my tolerance but I have no one to blame but myself for that. I will say though, two 0.5g bowls back to back is really good sedative :lol:.

JPE

Omg....I cant confirm if placebo or not BUT:

1. My Volcano was getting really harsh overtime..more harsh than the first couple months I had it.
2. Therefore causing me to buy obsidian and the the humidity it added was amazing
3. Still noticed an undertone of harshness I just could not get rid of
4. Changed the Hybrid air filter
5. So far i noticed that undertone of harshness is gone.

Will report back with more concrete findings.
Hybrid (about 6months of moderate use)

caviareview

Omg....I cant confirm if placebo or not BUT:

1. My Volcano was getting really harsh overtime..more harsh than the first couple months I had it.
2. Therefore causing me to buy obsidian and the the humidity it added was amazing
3. Still noticed an undertone of harshness I just could not get rid of
4. Changed the Hybrid air filter
5. So far i noticed that undertone of harshness is gone.

Will report back with more concrete findings.
Hybrid (about 6months of moderate use)
hmm interesting, people keep saying this but I can't figure out how the filter would affect harshness. The harshness would surely come from the herb, not random particles in the air being vaporised? I changed my filter after 350 hours (I live in the middle of a city) and it made no difference to me so I switched back to the original, still clean looking one to no difference again. Not that I ever noticed any harshness before mind. I just can't figure out how everyone's filters are deteriorating so fast and then imparting such noticeable harshness. Doesn't make much sense to me although it's great for the magma guys who's business relies on people who don't think the volcano is smooth enough (i.e not me!)

Will still get probably end up an obsidian one day though, just for that sweet aesthetic. I just thought the filter was something to change every few years, not every other month.

Baron23

Nice video! Thumbs up for you guys! :tup: My Hybrid works like a champ and I am happy that I was patient and waited for the new parts. Vape on fellas! :rockon:
I'm not sure what issues Troy had with installation of the ring but my experience was much like Jerry's....its a piece of cake.

Just took a sharp and stiff implement (no, not that one you dirty minded kids! haha) and easily pulled the screen out of the top of the base unit. the ring (with its screen built in) then just snapped on with no issues.

Replacing the oven part was even easier. Just push the OG oven out from the bottom and push the new one in from the top.

I have not seen any wear or tear so far and my Hybrid continues to work and work well.

I do think that the entire chamber assembly doesn't screw on quite as far as before was the ring on the base unit is a bit higher than the OG configuration. But, there is plenty enough turn and threads to hold the chamber on firmly so this is a non-issue to me.

Cheers

Top Bottom