Volcano Hybrid

Apparition87

I believe if you didn't buy the Hybrid from S&B website you might have a faulty valve from a unknown web site.
Why? Are you suggesting perhaps it's a fake? I bought mine from the biggest online vape store in Canada, legitimately authorized resellers. I bought my mighty from them as well. Both the mighty and hybrid in all aspects seem completely legitimate, and both devices are successfully registered by serial on the storz and bickel web site. Not attacking you I'm just trying to understand what you're getting at

silverharbinger

I believe if you didn't buy the Hybrid from S&B website you might have a faulty valve from a unknown web site.

Storz and Bickel RMA'd mine, so they must have believed that I owned a legit hybrid with legit chamber housings. They specifically asked me to keep everything but the hybrid and power cord when they exchanged mine for bluetooth issues. Even the new housings they sent me with the new hybrid are capable of melting (like I wrote about several posts back).

I have gotten in the routine now of removing the chambers from the housings between sessions to avoid burning the plastic any more. That seems to be working, but if a better idea comes along before this gets corrected (besides the obvious stop using the vape) I'm all ears.

Apparition87

Storz and Bickel RMA'd mine, so they must have believed that I owned a legit hybrid with legit chamber housings. They specifically asked me to keep everything but the hybrid and power cord when they exchanged mine for bluetooth issues. Even the new housings they sent me with the new hybrid are capable of melting (like I wrote about several posts back).

I have gotten in the routine now of removing the chambers from the housings between sessions to avoid burning the plastic any more. That seems to be working, but if a better idea comes along before this gets corrected (besides the obvious stop using the vape) I'm all ears.

I don't think fake hybrids even exist yet. Regardless, mine is 100 percent genuine and I'm sure yours too if they rma'd it and registered it like mine as well

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This is why I said might and unknown because it could still be just a bad batch they gave out with the flash sales 15%-30% off. Let's hope S&B addresses the issue so we can enjoy the Hybrid with peace of mind.

Last edited:

Crafty Vaper

Ain't easy being green
I got my Hybrid 30% cheaper from Namaste Europe. I have no problems at all! Registered it without problems. Tonight I vaped 90 minutes with the whip without a break. No signs on my filling chamber! Vape On!

Apparition87

I got my Hybrid 30% cheaper from Namaste Europe. I have no problems at all! Registered it without problems. Tonight I vaped 90 minutes with the whip without a break. No signs on my filling chamber! Vape On!
Wow 90.minutes eh and no melting? I suppose we can rule out extended whip sessions being the main culprit. My longest whip session ever would have been 10 minutes and I have the melting all over. really thinking it's due to the reducer but time will bring a lot to light here

Apparition87,

Apparition87

Right on, I will try and enjoy it.. About to pack my glass pipe for the first time in a year, and get ripped and stare at my 800 plastic melting paperweight! lol

Apparition87,

Poostuff

Please delete
I’m still loving my Hybrid, I’m using it and of course my Sub.
It’s good people are aware of the issue with the chamber & that’s why I mentioned mine here.
I change my housing occasionally & whip regularly & that’s my fix for now, but what’s up with this thread & why are people talking about combustion? I feel like I just read a bunch of shit here. I’m not attacking anyone but as a non smoker I really don’t give a fuck about glass pipes & people smoking, that’s why I come to a forum called FuckCombustion.
Personally I think if the Hybrid doesn’t help someone to stop smoking, then they just don’t want to stop. You won’t find a much better vaporizer.

Apparition87

I’m still loving my Hybrid, I’m using it and of course my Sub.
It’s good people are aware of the issue with the chamber & that’s why I mentioned mine here.
I change my housing occasionally & whip regularly & that’s my fix for now, but what’s up with this thread & why are people talking about combustion? I feel like I just read a bunch of shit here. I’m not attacking anyone but as a non smoker I really don’t give a fuck about glass pipes & people smoking, that’s why I come to a forum called FuckCombustion.
Personally I think if the Hybrid doesn’t help someone to stop smoking, then they just don’t want to stop. You won’t find a much better vaporizer.

I'm the one talking about smoking, and yeah your right on this forum there shouldn't be much of that talk. I created this account to speak of this housing issue, beyond this you'll never see me on here again don't worry as yes I've realized vaping isn't for me. Take care.

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
For all the Classic Volcano owners, The EZ valve does fit on the Hybrid and will blow the bag up just remove the metal clips. This gives you an all convection vape without touching the conduction plate. I have a lamp holding the bag steadily in place. Will also work with the whip, You just have to hold the valve and use the pump assist to produce visible vapor. The vapor is just as good if not better with less in the herb chamber. I start about 375f or lower, Depending how much I put in the EZ valve. If you see vapor leaking from valve, The heat is to high or the valve is packed to tight. Hope this helps anyone that is worried about the valve over heating.:nod:

WakeVape&Bake

i really hope they find a solution soon and that they give every Hybrid owner this new chamber for free or do a recall program.

in fact i think a coming out of the closet and doing a statement is better than this silence that they are doing right now, for publicity it would be better to just say "we received reports about melting chambers, we redesign it and frankly, we fucked it up

i don´t want to sell the device because i think without the chamber problem it is one of the most effective vaporizers out there. it is just a shame that this problem reeks its ugly head and that they haven´t tested this to the maximum.

they should have given some prototypes to heavy users to see if it affects the new chamber, hell they should have a lab where they vape bowl after bowl till there are signs of wear and tear on the chamber...i just can´t get understand it

i am especially baffled about the TÜV approval, how could they approve a plastic chamber sitting on a device which blows hot air over the chamber all the time as rockstable? why didn´t they do extensive testing?

i think the problem for me is that the faith i had in S & B is not on the same level as before this incident... the first thing that comes to my mind is "plastic+ hot air, is it rockstable?" and i had the confidence that they tested this to the extreme before releasing the device...

so yeah, very disappointed at the whole situation

grogazola

Hey people!

how do you clean your volcano shell? I tried some hot water diluted with iso and it seems to have left some residue on the volcano...how do you clean yours??

that damn sticker was pissing me off!! Lol

grogazola

Bro! Nice call with the microfibre! I’m gonna order my baby a bunch of them ;)

weird thing was there was a slight scratch on the plastic housing that won’t go away...it’s super slight...you ever seen a volcano with a slight cosmetic issue?

I’ll admit I have an eye like a hawk!!

grogazola,
Reactions: Vaporooni

WakeVape&Bake

Bro! Nice call with the microfibre! I’m gonna order my baby a bunch of them ;)

weird thing was there was a slight scratch on the plastic housing that won’t go away...it’s super slight...you ever seen a volcano with a slight cosmetic issue?

I’ll admit I have an eye like a hawk!!

i mean if you are really bothered with the scratch you could do an RMA directly with S & B..with a bit of luck they send you a new one but for that you should try to get those metal stains cleared :-)

the plastic front is really soft, it gathers scratches in no time, i always make clear that everything that could scratch it is away from the device

snamuh

ghost
i really hope they find a solution soon and that they give every Hybrid owner this new chamber for free or do a recall program.

in fact i think a coming out of the closet and doing a statement is better than this silence that they are doing right now, for publicity it would be better to just say "we received reports about melting chambers, we redesign it and frankly, we fucked it up

i don´t want to sell the device because i think without the chamber problem it is one of the most effective vaporizers out there. it is just a shame that this problem reeks its ugly head and that they haven´t tested this to the maximum.

they should have given some prototypes to heavy users to see if it affects the new chamber, hell they should have a lab where they vape bowl after bowl till there are signs of wear and tear on the chamber...i just can´t get understand it

i am especially baffled about the TÜV approval, how could they approve a plastic chamber sitting on a device which blows hot air over the chamber all the time as rockstable? why didn´t they do extensive testing?

i think the problem for me is that the faith i had in S & B is not on the same level as before this incident... the first thing that comes to my mind is "plastic+ hot air, is it rockstable?" and i had the confidence that they tested this to the extreme before releasing the device...

so yeah, very disappointed at the whole situation
All they had to do was switch out the plastic bits with metal or glass. And swap the inside tubing to glass.

But I guess they just want easy money.

Right now the price doesn't match the quality.

Top Bottom