Volcano Hybrid

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Well as noted above, SnB have had the same "disclaimer" in there manuals for over a decade now so that being "an admission of guilt" is a flat joke as "Meltgate" hasn't been a thing until now.

The demonizing of SnB keeps making me chuckle though. I cannot wait for someone to post an actual vid of it happening in progress, Id be REAL curious as to the set temp, and TBH even more curious as to the actual temp.

There are like a zillion, literally a zillion formulations of plastics (mother used to make plastics and resin bases on a massive scale and I hung out a lot in the factory growing up) so being able to point to 1 single product (unless you know for a fact SnB source from them, which i highly doubt they do) doesn't really do much.

As far as an actual DIY solution, if I'm following whats being said correctly, you'd end up with a wooden air path?

ensabbahnur,
Reactions: Mixio

WakeVape&Bake

Well as noted above, SnB have had the same "disclaimer" in there manuals for over a decade now so that being "an admission of guilt" is a flat joke as "Meltgate" hasn't been a thing until now.

The demonizing of SnB keeps making me chuckle though. I cannot wait for someone to post an actual vid of it happening in progress, Id be REAL curious as to the set temp, and TBH even more curious as to the actual temp.

There are like a zillion, literally a zillion formulations of plastics (mother used to make plastics and resin bases on a massive scale and I hung out a lot in the factory growing up) so being able to point to 1 single product (unless you know for a fact SnB source from them, which i highly doubt they do) doesn't really do much.

As far as an actual DIY solution, if I'm following whats being said correctly, you'd end up with a wooden air path?

there is no demonizing, they simply shipped crap and they are rightly getting called out for this. for a company that was once a pioneer in vaporization it is not a good look at all and basically they are gambling with their reputation. "Inhale the Difference" is their slogan and now this slogan has a rather ironic touch to it.

the big problem is that the faith i´ve had in this company is just not the same as before.

and no, don´t link this to user error or false handling, there are a bit too many users now where this thing failed now for that theory. as i said, i have no marks but the metal part of the reducer just falls out of the orange ring when i turn it around, so there must have been some sort of deterioration happening too.

The original classic and digit also had the disclaimer of not leaving the bowl on.

I’m glad I didn’t go all in and sell my digit for a hybrid.

I am sure S&B will fix the design deficiency. It’s still very early in its life so this will be forgotten.

fine when people forget about this, i definitely won´t forget it at all and i am very weary about S & B products from now on. when for example Apple ships a new macbook and there are potential faulty batteries in them they do a recall program and a official statement.

i just don´t like how they are handling the issue. and the owners have basically three choices: wait for a solution and stop using the device, risk inhaling what ever emits from those chambers or just sell this thing and be done with it.

i am now at the point that i think about if i really want a device with plastic parts in general, i´ve had the Plenty which had some kind of plasticky taste for me, i´ ve had the Mighty which just didn´t feel premium at all, it is basically a block of plastic, i didn´t like the haptic of this device at all and the plastic straw where you draw on felt awful to me. sure there are glass stems or titan stems but this is like putting lipstick on a pig, the device itself is still plastic.

there are alternatives out there which have no plastic parts at all and maybe this is the overall better solution for a vaping device

for such a high price device this is a really ridiculous and could have been completely avoided
with more intensive testing, it just comes off as "yeah whatever, lets ship this thing, seems fine". it makes them look really sloppy to say the least.

I'm OCD about scratches to the point where I'll leave protective covers on for quite a while to keep my stuff looking good. It's a minor grievance but again, for the Porsche of vapes it's a major oversight IMO.

in times of climate crisis it is also a shame that you have to pull the power cord if you want this device off, why is there no switch to turn it easily off? another baffling thing imo.

Last edited:

Apparition87

I haven't seen too much demonizing of storz and bickel themselves. I dont care who made this 800 dollar vape I bought it should not have melting parts. I've used the device exactly how it specifies to do so in the manual. It would be difficult to film it happening when it is probably happening while on the volcano and during use. Not sure of any cameras that can capture that otherwise I'd give it a shot. I'm using it at 375 tops now, no whip sessions, no chamber reducer, and the bubbling is still getting worse.

Baron23

there is no demonizing, they simply shipped crap and they are rightly getting called out for this. for a company that was once a pioneer in vaporization it is not a good look at all and basically they are gambling with their reputation. "Inhale the Difference" is their slogan and now this slogan has a rather ironic touch to it.

the big problem is that the faith i´ve had in this company is just not the same as before.

and no, don´t link this to user error or false handling, there are a bit too many users now where this thing failed now for that theory. as i said, i have no marks but the metal part of the reducer just falls out of the orange ring when i turn it around, so there must have been some sort of deterioration happening too.

fine when people forget about this, i definitely won´t forget it at all and i am very weary about S & B products from now on. when for example Apple ships a new macbook and there are potential faulty batteries in them they do a recall program and a official statement.

i just don´t like how they are handling the issue. and the owners have basically three choices: wait for a solution and stop using the device, risk inhaling what ever emits from those chambers or just sell this thing and be done with it.

i am now at the point that i think about if i really want a device with plastic parts in general, i´ve had the Plenty which had some kind of plasticky taste for me, i´ ve had the Mighty which just didn´t feel premium at all, it is basically a block of plastic, i didn´t like the haptic of this device at all and the plastic straw where you draw on felt awful to me. sure there are glass stems or titan stems but this is like putting lipstick on a pig, the device itself is still plastic.

there are alternatives out there which have no plastic parts at all and maybe this is the overall better solution for a vaping device

for such a high price device this is a really ridiculous and could have been completely avoided
with more intensive testing, it just comes off as "yeah whatever, lets ship this thing, seems fine". it makes them look really sloppy to say the least.

in times of climate crisis it is also a shame that you have to pull the power cord if you want this device off, why is there no switch to turn it easily off? another baffling thing imo.
They have all not had a “power” switch to turn off. There is heat and air buttons. Turn Heat off and it’s mostly off as it counts down the temp (Digit and Hybrid) for safety and then shuts down completely.

With that said, and again I have no charting myself yet, they seemed to have screwed up the design of the lower chamber part.

As I said before, they owe the community a completely transparent statement of the issue and their corrective action plan. Anything less is completely unacceptable IMO.

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Isn’t this basically the same design as the Plenty? Same reducer insert and orange housing?

if so has any Plenty users experienced this?
I have not on my plenty but I don’t use it that often.
I did notice the reducer can fall out of the housing as well as noted.

maybe since the hybrid goes to higher max temp than Plenty?

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker

I will create the housing like the plastic valve holder and keep the new cherry, maple or walnut wood housing out of the vape path. The metal chamber will have a wood housing instead of a plastic one. I will have to test and make sure the wood don't split from heat exposure. I still use the Hybrid any where from 350f to 375f and find that gets the job done. I have used the Classic since 2010, So I'm not afraid to use the Hybrid safely.:nod:

Last edited:

david8613

I'm still thinking this might not be affecting all chambers. Maybe it was just a bad batch of plastic that didn't have the right ratio of chemicals to make the chamber more heat resistant, and quality control did not catch it. In vapecritics video his chamber was very flexible, mine is nothing like that, its stiff and not bendable at all. So there is definitely different versions of the plastic material they are using. I remember awhile back boundless technology had a similar problem with some plastics and they addressed the consumer, and replaced what needed to be replaced. I'm thinking maybe S&B is trying to figure out how to handle this issue the best way possible, with out getting a black eye.

Anyone know where the housings are made?

SquirrelMaster

@WakeAndVape
I would have liked to see a power switch on the back as well. Most users probably just leave it plugged in all the time but a main power switch seems like a no brainer. Minor quibble but hey.

I don't expect to hear anything from S&B until mid to late January. This time of year is a little insane (in a good way).

Not to steer this thread away from the Hybrid but I hope everyone is enjoying the lead up to Christmas whether you celebrate or not. I love the holidays mostly because I get to experience it through my young kids eyes. Brings a smile to my face :D

lokiki

Remember when sb merged with canopy and said they'd have access to better testing facilities?

I remember
6W405kT

https://ibb.co/6W405kT

Btw I'm not trying to demonize anything or anyone. Just simply unsatisfied with the melting plastic housings, not with their whole company.
I still believe they will try to fix this but some communication or a date to look forward to would've been nice, so far i just have 2 melting housings and hesitant to get another one.

Edit: also I hope you all have great holidays coming up :)

Magma_Industries

Accessory Maker
Ordered the magma over a week ago and have heard nothing apart from confirmation email when I originally ordered with a tracking number that doesn't work
Will stick to vapefiend in future

Hey Magpie,

Check your spam folder, as sometimes our confirmation emails will get filed there if you don't see it. We always send a confirmation with your tracking number as soon as it ships. If you're not seeing your tracking number show up on USPS, it should work with UPS or FedEx, as we ship via them if they show a faster delivery time. If all else fails, shoot us an email and we'll do some digging for you to find it!

Its funny everyone is so fast to jump out of the bushes and mildly vilify SnB, I mean I'm not saying they are the best by any stretch but even monkeys fall out of trees, it happens, but they don't do it often. Them being money grabbers should be no surprise to anyone however as they have been making overpriced (very easily arguable) devices for about a decade now. Not even getting into the fact with it being the holidays and the mess with the Apple apps, they might not have the wherewithal to instantly react.

Im curious to the users that have the hybrid, what would be your exact solution to the issue? Most feel its heat + plastic so what then is the answer? Metal, quartz, glass, ceramic....pretty much anything i could think of seems like it would get just as hot when its sitting on the Volcano, only real way I can see to mitigate it would be make the fill chamber or whip holder (whatever its called on the hybrid) MUCH MUCH larger and go with glass or something else that conducts heat slowly and its basically sunk through the body until at the top where the whips/bags/plastic connects will be cool.

As to why no one else has popped up with an aftermarket solution, maybe its similar to why the aftermarket parts selection is nothing short of excessive for say a Honda, but minimal at best for say a Mercedes.
From experience, they won't be able to make the full chamber in glass except for at an incredibly expensive cost, and I honestly don't see them going that route. If you haven't seen our bubblers, swing on over to our website for the exact glass adapters you're looking for ;)

Magma_Industries,

Mixio

TheVaporOne
[QUOTE = "Rollingstoned, post: 1435524, membro: 36271"] Uso del mio ibrido da mesi ormai, assolutamente nessun problema. Questa cosa è una bestia assoluta. Adoro l'estrazione veloce e la mia ciotola è perfettamente bene. [/ PREVENTIVO]

IDEM : RockOn:

Poostuff

Please delete
I’ll be locked in my room for most of Christmas Day vaping Volcano bags like always.
If someone asks where I am I’ll just yell out, I’m in here wrapping presents while I scrunch a volcano bag to prove it.
Happy stupid fucking Christmas stuff everyone.

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
S&B uses Polyether ether ketone / PEEK for the Crafty+, I think that would be an excellent material for the chamber of the Volcano. Not all plastics are the same while metal, wood and of course glass do have some disadvantages too. PEEK is extremely durable and has a melting point of 335°C / 635°F; it's a very pricey material, but since it's used in other S+B devices anyway, I wonder why they don't use it in the Volcano. PEEK has been used as an isolator material in e cig tanks for many years and proven to be save and inert.

Pabs

I haven't watched yet!
I saw that in my filling chamber and I wrote S&B about that. They answered me : "We are aware of the fact mentioned in your email and we will provide a stainless steel filling chamber insert in future. But as a TÜV licensed company we need a document of compliance for this on which we are working at the moment.":hmm:
Dawn, S&B has to find a knew filling chamber as soon as possible!
Peace and Merry Christmast:)

david8613

I'm not using my volcano hybrid for the time being, not happy about this. Vaping is supposed to be easy, I'm not cleaning my stuff every session that's just stupid.

What the hell? The chamber is not stainless steel??? What is it made of then?

I dont get upset often, but I am very upset about this. I should have kept my classic and plenty.

Last edited:
Top Bottom