• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Volcano Hybrid

Poostuff

Please delete
I haven’t been using mine as much, the diligent cleaning of the housings & bowls that’s now required has added maintenance to a device that for me was previously pretty much maintenance free.
I used to flick it on without thinking & the session would be over in minutes.
While the Hybrid itself is always ready in a moment, often I feel the bowl & housing may not be clean enough, so I won’t use it until I get time to check & clean them which may be once a week.

The "On demand" aspect which I loved has turned into "On demand, just as long as I spend time checking & thoroughly cleaning the housing before using."

The new photos of the bowl & ring do look anodised, I don’t use anodised grinders & don't love the idea but if it’s true I wonder if it will be hard anodised or standard.

I understand all the focus is on aluminium at the moment but I’m quite interested to see if an updated housing will be offered.
The housings failing is an ongoing issue for me, I’m on my fifth housing & when that fails I’m not sure I’ll buy another.

If they do throttle it with an update I’ll likely lose interest in it completely.

I completely understand everyone’s frustration with this. I have plenty of vaporizers so it’s not a huge impact on me so I’m very patient, but if it was my first vaporizer purchase I might not be.

Does anyone know if I can use my Hybrid filling chamber & bags at my buddy's house
with his Classic Cano tonight?
I would say no don’t even bother, the hybrid chamber just wobbles around on top of the classic & doesn’t even seem to seal.

Crafty Vaper

Ain't easy being green
I haven’t been using mine as much, the diligent cleaning of the housings & bowls that’s now required has added maintenance to a device that for me was previously pretty much maintenance free.
I used to flick it on without thinking & the session would be over in minutes.
While the Hybrid itself is always ready in a moment, often I feel the bowl & housing may not be clean enough, so I won’t use it until I get time to check & clean them which may be once a week.

The "On demand" aspect which I loved has turned into "On demand, just as long as I spend time checking & thoroughly cleaning the housing before using."

The new photos of the bowl & ring do look anodised, I don’t use anodised grinders & don't love the idea but if it’s true I wonder if it will be hard anodised or standard.

I understand all the focus is on aluminium at the moment but I’m quite interested to see if an updated housing will be offered.
The housings failing is an ongoing issue for me, I’m on my fifth housing & when that fails I’m not sure I’ll buy another.

If they do throttle it with an update I’ll likely lose interest in it completely.

I completely understand everyone’s frustration with this. I have plenty of vaporizers so it’s not a huge impact on me so I’m very patient, but if it was my first vaporizer purchase I might not be.

I would say no don’t even bother, the hybrid chamber just wobbles around on top of the classic & doesn’t even seem to seal.
Why do you buy new housings? You will get it free when you say that it broke by normal use! I got a new housing yesterday from S&B Germany for free and it seems that it’s the same weak Material like my first one! I will Rma the defect ones until I get one that’s perfect! I use my Hybrid daily and clean it once a week with tiny bits of dust on the top ring. Let’s see how the black chamber solution works. Again don’t buy new housings or other parts that aren’t as good as you want it!!!! They will sent you parts for free!!!

Poostuff

Please delete
Yeah I know they’re pretty good like that, I got a replacement nice & easy from them when my first one failed but I ordered more in their last sale.
The reason I bought some is because they don’t last me long & when the bowl gets loose or the clips break I stop using them.
If I only had one I would have had to stop using the Hybrid while I waited for another replacement.
When this last one goes I’ll find some time & open an RMA for all of them.

Crafty Vaper

Ain't easy being green
Yeah I know they’re pretty good like that, I got a replacement nice & easy from them when my first one failed but I ordered more in their last sale.
The reason I bought some is because they don’t last me long & when the bowl gets loose or the clips break I stop using them.
If I only had one I would have had to stop using the Hybrid while I waited for another replacement.
When this last one goes I’ll find some time & open an RMA for all of them.
I used my chamber housing without the clips for about 2 weeks and had no change in performance! Vape on!

snamuh

ghost
I opened up the new insert photo in photoshop to take a look at the levels.

I noticed the darkness in the insert photo and was thinking it might just be a bad photo. And i think it's just a bad photo. After adjusting the level manually and using the auto function the SS color starts to show.

IDK as a graphic designer I can see this happening.

https://www.storz-bickel.com/en-us/cylinder-with-insert

levels adjusted:

Poostuff

Please delete
I used my chamber housing without the clips for about 2 weeks and had no change in performance! Vape on!
I get what you’re saying & I’m trying to vape on but I’ll just refer you to my post last year
This initially stated as a discolouring around sections of the top.
All the clips were intact at the time but the metal chamber was always very loose in the orange housing.
I thought it may have just been staining so I started making sure both parts of the chamber were spotless before using.

After the clip broke on the housing I noticed the discolouration getting worse so I stopped using it & contacted S&B.
I’m not exactly sure what’s going on but in future I’m not going to use the Hybrid if one or more of the clips are missing from the housing, & I’m going to order some spares just in case.
I did read your post some time ago about pushing on the base to remove the steel insert @ChooChooCharlie & have been doing that, but it makes me think that over tightening the housing would also put downward pressure on the clips. Also it’s probably a good idea to just screw the housing onto the Hybrid very gently as well.
Good to see S&B used my tip of not over tightening everything. I’m such an influencer :lol:

I should add that I’ve been cleaning the metal parts of the chamber with the ultrasonic cleaner. It’s saved me so much time & I don’t even remove the screens now. I’m just sitting them in a small jar of iso but leaving the plastic safety tip on top out of the iso just in case. The housings I just rinse with warm water.

Last edited:

Vaporooni

Accessory Maker
I opened up the new insert photo in photoshop to take a look at the levels.

I noticed the darkness in the insert photo and was thinking it might just be a bad photo. And i think it's just a bad photo. After adjusting the level manually and using the auto function the SS color starts to show.

IDK as a graphic designer I can see this happening.

https://www.storz-bickel.com/en-us/cylinder-with-insert

levels adjusted:
I don't even know why S&B would have this for sale. On January 10th I put my serial # from my Hybrid and will get the stainless steel cylinder free with 2 day priority shipping from S&B. I believe this should come included with every purchase.

Vaporooni,
Reactions: snamuh

snamuh

ghost
I don't even know why S&B would have this for sale. On January 10th I put my serial # from my Hybrid and will get the stainless steel cylinder free with 2 day priority shipping from S&B. I believe this should come included with every purchase.
Agreed, but I couldn't find it on the hybrid parts and accessories page.

Still weird it has a price listed. Idk if he only way to get to that part is from their special announcement?

Cereal4dinner

these guys must hate their life right now lol. I give you the storz and bickel support team. As according to their website I mean. Look nice and sunny in there, I wonder which diverse person is going to send me the SS parts I need to feel better about my hybrid?

support-banner_2.jpg

Rayne

Hey everyone. First time posting here. I've been lurking for a few months following this thread as I picked up a Volcano Hybrid over Christmas and am pretty bummed to hear of the quality control problems with the melting plastic chamber first and then the aluminum insert scratching second.

I've ordered the replacement insert from S&B so we'll wait and see how long it takes to arrive

I love using the whip... but it gets gross kinda quick. So I bought some vinyl tubing off of Amazon that works but its not as nice as the OEM whip tubing that ships with the Volcano. Its stiffer and has memory bend which makes it tricky to use. Anyone know of good replacement tubing?

Last edited:

wizzbang

Since switching to strictly capsules I have slowed down the deterioration of my current housing unit. While its definitely still a flimsy piece of shit I have yet to notice any charring and breaking after 2 weeks. Which is usually when they start to fail. So I have faith now that possibly the new inserts will help dissipate the heat enough to quit ruining the integrity of the housing unit. With that said, the housing unit absolutely needs to be redesigned because its obviously a cheap piece of shit.

thc_technologist

cannabis tech enthusiast
Hey everyone. First time posting here. I've been lurking for a few months following this thread as I picked up a Volcano Hybrid over Christmas and am pretty bummed to hear of the quality control problems with the melting plastic chamber first and then the aluminum insert scratching second.

I've ordered the replacement insert from S&B so we'll wait and see how long it takes to arrive

I love using the whip... but it gets gross kinda quick. So I bought some vinyl tubing off of Amazon that works but its not as nice as the OEM whip tubing that ships with the Volcano. Its stiffer and has memory bend which makes it tricky to use. Anyone know of good replacement tubing?

I use this platinum-cured silicone tubing:

https://www.mcmaster.com/rubber-tubing/=64d157c839024497ba31b11e9c8075a8k6ijy2d2

and cover it with expandable sleeving:

https://www.mcmaster.com/expandable-sleeving/=67671c16176245c497224fee399dfdbfk6ik4h3n

and then I use heat-shrink tubing to seal the ends of the expandable sleeving to the silicone tube:

https://www.mcmaster.com/heat-shrink-tubing/=14a68d90b8de4f90ab00ba8bd8551f45k6ik7n3a

wizzbang

Anyone know if they’re going to come out with a replacement reducer as well? I only use the reducer, so the replacement they’re sending me won’t really do any good. :/

Yes someone in this thread earlier talked to support and they confirmed it. Also if you look on the website you can only purchase it on back order now.

Rayne

I use this platinum-cured silicone tubing:

https://www.mcmaster.com/rubber-tubing/=64d157c839024497ba31b11e9c8075a8k6ijy2d2

and cover it with expandable sleeving:

https://www.mcmaster.com/expandable-sleeving/=67671c16176245c497224fee399dfdbfk6ik4h3n

and then I use heat-shrink tubing to seal the ends of the expandable sleeving to the silicone tube:

https://www.mcmaster.com/heat-shrink-tubing/=14a68d90b8de4f90ab00ba8bd8551f45k6ik7n3a

Thanks for the links but if I'm reading that right that stuff is $7/foot for the 3/8" ID? Thats even more than the OEM tubing. I was hoping to find something a little more economical

Rayne,
Top Bottom