• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Volcano Hybrid

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Please do not comment on another member's posting style. If a post breaks the rules, report it and do not respond. If you feel a response is needed, send a PM.

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
untitled1.png

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I’ve been censored! What does clean up on aisle 9 mean?
It means that your post was one of several that I removed while I was cleaning up a nasty, hate-filled thread derail this morning. In your case, I removed your post that quoted another deleted post.

Now that @yung fugginson has received his fifth and final warning point, I have a feeling - or rather a hope - that the general direction of this thread will improve.

:peace:

Stoner72

Valcano cover just using an old lid with some aluminium tape & fits perfect and stops all dust dropping in through top of valcano (when its cooled down and ready for storage)

Stoner72,

BigC’sTowing

It means that your post was one of several that I removed while I was cleaning up a nasty, hate-filled thread derail this morning. In your case, I removed your post that quoted another deleted post.

Now that @yung fugginson has received his fifth and final warning point, I have a feeling - or rather a hope - that the general direction of this thread will improve.

10-4.

BigC’sTowing,

LesPlenty

Company Rep

Get rid of that God bothering, bible pushing avatar and people might take you seriously, I have reported you for it before but it seems Mods are above the law...

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Get rid of that God bothering, bible pushing avatar and people might take you seriously, I have reported you for it before but it seems Mods are above the law...

You might want to review the rules that you agreed to when you registered. Specifically:
  • Rules are interpreted and applied at staff discretion.
Since you reported one moderator and I'm the only other moderator, I get to decide what to do about it. My decision is obvious.

Besides, how do you know that Jesus didn't love beer?

Chingas

I'm an atheist and even I know Jebus loves beer.

Sooo, I guess this chamber solution is ceramic coated aluminum. Keep the heating properties but with more protections. I hope when s&b send out replacements that they send them with new plastic housings. I like getting new stuff.

silverharbinger

You step away from a thread because you don't have any real updates to add, and it looks like there have been some people getting upset at each other. Why should it matter if someone keeps using this vape or not? I have been using it occasionally, and I plan to keep using it. I do wish these safety issues would get addressed by the manufacturer, but I'm starting to wonder when that is going to happen, or if these replacement inserts and cylinders are actually the fix, or if they don't have a fix and this was just a way to ease public relations while they try to figure out a real fix for these problems.

Like everyone else I haven't heard any updates from Storz and Bickel about the status of the replacement insert/cylinder at all. They show the order as pending since 01/10/2020, and I'm supposed to be getting a replacement for the chamber reducer as well. It would be nice to get some kind of communication from them about what is causing the shipment of these items to take over a month.

silverharbinger,

Baron23

Besides, how do you know that Jesus didn't love beer?

I'm an atheist and even I know Jebus loves beer.

I'm Jewish (well, they did make be get Bar Mitzvah'd) and Jesus was indeed a Rabi..... and everyone knows that all Jews love beer.

Jesus was a Jew, ergo Jesus loved beer.

:rockon::lmao::cheers:

I guess this chamber solution is ceramic coated aluminum.

Did I miss something....did S&B come out with this info or has anyone receieved their update kit yet?

Or is this an assumption from the darker pictures recently shown???

Chingas

Did I miss something....did S&B come out with this info or has anyone receieved their update kit yet?

Or is this an assumption from the darker pictures recently shown???

I had a chitchat with cream city vapes where i bought mine. We talked about this issue and CCV quoted a message they got from S&B that said...

The improved parts are available shortly and are made from ceramic-coated aluminium. After much testing and investigation, this choice of material provides the best results as the hard coating makes it very resistant to wear while the aluminium core offers optimal thermal characteristics to ensure the best performance of your VOLCANO HYBRID."

There ya go.

silverharbinger

I had a chitchat with cream city vapes where i bought mine. We talked about this issue and CCV quoted a message they got from S&B that said...

The improved parts are available shortly and are made from ceramic-coated aluminium. After much testing and investigation, this choice of material provides the best results as the hard coating makes it very resistant to wear while the aluminium core offers optimal thermal characteristics to ensure the best performance of your VOLCANO HYBRID."

There ya go.

..And As soon as I open my big mouth here comes an email from S&B confirming the materials used in the replacement parts, and that they will be shipping them out soon:

----------------------------------

Dear Customer,

We are happy to inform you we have started shipping the new Filling Chamber Parts for the VOLCANO HYBRID. You will receive a separate shipping confirmation as soon as your shipment has left our warehouse.

Recently, some customers expressed concerns after observing a wearing of the aluminum parts; specifically, the Heating Element and the Filling Chamber which are in direct contact after the Filling Chamber is tightened onto the device. This issue has been investigated thoroughly, both internally and by external laboratories as well, and we can assure you that the wearing of the aluminum parts does not pose any health risks to our customers.

That said, Storz & Bickel prides itself on world-class design and recognizes the need to improve upon the initial design to address the wear and tear on the aluminum parts as quickly as possible. The improved parts are now available and are made from ceramic-coated aluminum. After much testing and investigation, this choice of material provides the best results. The hard coating makes it very resistant to wear, while the aluminum core offers optimal thermal characteristics to ensure the best performance of your VOLCANO HYBRID.

We would like to thank you for your patience while we worked through this update.

Check your mailboxes good people. You should see it soon! :)

BigC’sTowing

Storz-bickel has an update. I don’t know how to link, so check the arbs!

..And As soon as I open my big mouth here comes an email from S&B confirming the materials used in the replacement parts, and that they will be shipping them out soon:

Dear Customer,

We are happy to inform you we have started shipping the new Filling Chamber Parts for the VOLCANO HYBRID. You will receive a separate shipping confirmation as soon as your shipment has left our warehouse.

Recently, some customers expressed concerns after observing a wearing of the aluminum parts; specifically, the Heating Element and the Filling Chamber which are in direct contact after the Filling Chamber is tightened onto the device. This issue has been investigated thoroughly, both internally and by external laboratories as well, and we can assure you that the wearing of the aluminum parts does not pose any health risks to our customers.

That said, Storz & Bickel prides itself on world-class design and recognizes the need to improve upon the initial design to address the wear and tear on the aluminum parts as quickly as possible. The improved parts are now available and are made from ceramic-coated aluminum. After much testing and investigation, this choice of material provides the best results. The hard coating makes it very resistant to wear, while the aluminum core offers optimal thermal characteristics to ensure the best performance of your VOLCANO HYBRID.

We would like to thank you for your patience while we worked through this update.

Check your mailboxes good people. You should see it soon! :)
My bad. I responded w/o noticing your entry. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Some-new-user

Yes as the posts above say s&b announced the aluminium and ceramic coated replacement parts. I saw this on Instagram. I havent received an email. Either that or its buried in my junk folder somewhere.

The link is here - https://www.storz-bickel.com/en/vh-filling-chamber-service

It seems like they have found a solution. They are offering free replacements. You need to use your serial number as a coupon code in the checkout and now all new units will be shipped with these parts.

I know this can be frustrating and worrying especially from a health perspective. Especially from someone who bought this unit full price on launch day (myself included).

Thanks S&B. Thanks to the mods here and all the people for their input.

Last edited:
Top Bottom