Vleaf Go: on-demand convection herb vaporizer!

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I shall try..... Wow that worked. Sorry I don't have a better pic it looks just like on the site. I think adding the bowl is an extra step that's unnecessary.

Pepsi not included! hahaha

I don’t think anyone has shown that yet - any chance you can show a pic?

Mini-Bubbler-Vleaf.png

readyman

I like to vape flower kief and wax sandwhich but only a few flower vapes will do it effectively the tera and vivant rift for me now I will add the vleaf go in as it might be the best one for quick 5 to 6 medicating draws

readyman,
Reactions: LesPlenty

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Re; the mouthpiece screen, or rather, the silicone piece that holds that screen:
As I mentioned earlier, I find the @DDave screen mod stays in place much better than the supplied cap screen, but they can dislodge if nudged by the cap when trying to attach the cap, or (as dDave has said) if bowl is over-packed.

I communicated to @Ratchett, a designer/builder, and after brief discussion it would seem that a re-design of that silicone piece would be cost-restrictive at this time. I appreciate that he took a look at the situation!

My hope shifts to a modification by the manufacturer, as this is an obvious part in need of improvement - in an otherwise well thought-out design.

Last edited:

spindle

Re; the mouthpiece screen, or rather, the silicone piece that holds that screen:
As I mentioned earlier, I find the @DDave screen mod stays in place much better than the supplied cap screen, but they can dislodge if nudged by the cap when trying to attach the cap, or (as dDave has said) if bowl is over-packed.

I communicated to @Ratchett, a designer/builder, and after brief discussion it would seem that a re-design of that silicone piece would be cost-restrictive at this time. I appreciate that he took a look at the situation!

My hope shifts to a modification by the manufacturer, as this is an obvious part in need of improvement - in an otherwise well thought-out design.

It is mentioned on the 420Vapezone review, and also here, that tightly packing the flower can produce combustion, so should be avoided. Even with the smallest amount of flower, I still tamp down lightly.

In my experience, with very small loads, the entire contents gets sucked out of the chamber, and is clumped onto the mouthpiece screen. When the flower is on the screen, there is additional heating time, a second or two maybe, before the flower is vaporized. With larger loads, half the chamber or greater, the flower remains in the chamber and vaporization is near instant.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Last edited:

OF

It is mentioned on the 420Vapezone review, and also here, that tightly packing the flower can produce combustion, so should be avoided. Even with the smallest amount of flower, I still tamp down lightly.

In my experience, with very small loads, the entire contents gets sucked out of the chamber, and is clumped onto the mouthpiece screen. When the flower is on the screen, there is additional heating time, a second or two maybe, before the flower is vaporized. With larger loads, half the chamber or greater, the flower remains in the chamber and vaporization is near instant.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Yes, I find the same. Pretty much as expected?

I've also discovered combustion is also possible with very small loads when the unit is inverted (like on a WT) and the heater has a lot of burnt herb accumulated. I think it was a bit of junk falling (or getting sucked) through the heater and making it through one of the holes in the cup. To be avoided. Since then I've kept the heater clean and had no further issue.

Even though I noticed and stopped the hit quickly, it sure made a mess of my bubbler. Nasty deposits I'd forgotten about......instantly.

OF

readyman

Good morning not sure why but in the begining of use the screen fell out I have a small air compressor I borrowed from my Wife she doesnt use and I blow out the mouthpiece after each use and I blow out the bowl but from the side air vents into the bowl not the nozzel into the bowl chamber blowing it back into the heater the vents are in the sides you can put your mouth over one side and blow into it and you will notice how the air travels out thru the bowl well I hope that helps everyone the last thing I want to do is give people the wrong information you are my friends HERE and I value being here with you

Sorry I also wanted to say I am going out today to see my doctor first then I sit in the car and vape while my wife goes into the stores my choice was mv1 ghost if I stay in the car with windows rolled down or BELIEVE it or not if I walk around the shopping parking lot I still have an original PAX that works fine now I will add the vleaf go because it has a low smell so I will use it in car or outside when my wife gets back she is concerned if Her car smells mv1 is very slight and now I have the go also anyway its starting out to be a good day unless my oncologist I have cll leukemia for 9 years now there is no cure just chemo and hope it doesnt come back however most of the time it comes back so more chemos eventually the aftermath of too many chemos is your immune system is done so you die well 9 years ago when I first was diagnosed with it I did not know what was wrong just that I could not breathe very well so I went to the er WOW THE JOURNEY BEGAN for me the doctor in the er took some blood came back with the results told me that I had a Hemogloubin of 3 that meant there was basically hardly any blood in my body and medically I was DEAD but I was standing in front of him talking he was SPOOKED to say the least da da da da I was confused but ALIVE anyway that doctor gave me my new nickname DEADMAN WALKING sorry for the post about my issues with health this is a vape forum I am currently on a experimental pill to control it so far so good and I am checked every 30 days to make sure its still WORKING so far so good I told my doctor dont WORRY about me its hard to kill a DEADMAN HA HA OK everyone have a GREAT DAY I really dont care what the doctor says I AM going to have a good day vaping as well as the rest of you thank you for you time I will sign out as you know me Readyman ready for anything even DEADMAN WALKING I hope everyone has a GREAT DAY VAPING as well

Last edited by a moderator:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
From the old FC; Vleaf Go: on-demand convection herb vaporizer!

This image and parts listing is copied from the original post by member @Vivant back in good ol' FC on March 26, 2020:

[IMG]

What’s included in the box?
1* VLeaF GO
1* Packing Tool
1* Cleaning Brush
1* USB Cable
1* Air Cooler
1* Silicone Mouthpiece Cover
1* Mesh
1* Mesh Ring
1* Chamber
2* O Rings (For Scoop)
1* O Ring (For Chamber)
1* Scoop Seal
************************************************************************************************************

Having been a Go owner for several weeks, I am loving this little vape!

Inexpensive, packs a punch if you want it to, instant heat up with great flavor, open draw, easy to load, easy to keep clean, pocket-able, user replaceable heater, chamber bowl and mouthpiece (but not the battery; that is built-in).

The chamber itself has a built-in scoop (not shown in illustration) that can scoop straight from grinder, etc., and the cap doubles as a tamper/poker tool, so it's all self-contained. The mouthpiece is comfortable and stays cool (it is some sort of plastic) and is shaped to also "fit" on your glass piece. (it does not mimic a true gong joint, but can fit to glass)

This vape is oriented toward single-user on-demand hits, whether a single micro-dose or a few nice draws from the relatively small chamber....in succession or at intervals of your choosing.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Here's my old review from the old FC thread:
-----------------------------------------------------------------

I've had one of these to test for a couple weeks as well.

Here is my review/thoughts so far (written several days ago):

I must admit that I only had about a week to use and test this device before writing this, though I would normally prefer at least twice that much time to review a device, but here goes...

For starters, the retail packaging is very nice. It’s sturdy, protective, and detailed. I expect that I will continue to use the box for storing this device.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW-thumb-1356.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW-thumb-1354.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW-thumb-134f.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW-thumb-1355.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW-thumb-135b.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW-thumb-134e.jpg

I like the instruction manual that was included in the box. It felt very thorough, and had plenty of images that really helped to understand everything. I also was happy to see the spare parts and accessories that were included. I really felt like everything I would need was in the box.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW-thumb-1353.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW-thumb-134c.jpg

As far as the first impressions of the look of the vaporizer, It’s sleek and smooth matte finish is something I like. That matte finish doesn’t feel like it will show scratches much. However, I suspect that the plastic piece on the bottom will start to hold scratches quickly, or at least it feels that way to me.

I must admit that when I first pulled it out of the box, my first reaction was that it looked a lot like a small vibrator…not that I have a problem with that. I just found it amusing. That look disappears with the silicone mouthpiece cover on it though.

All jokes aside however, it’s a good looking little vaporizer. It feels like it had a lot of inspiration from both the Grasshopper and the Dynavap vaporizers. Dynavap of course, because of the little digger/packer that sticks down from one side of the cap. I actually like that feature.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW-thumb-1357.jpg

The accessories provided in the box really gives you everything you will need for some time, including a spare vapor cooler, spare bowl, and replacement gasket(s) and o-rings.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW-thumb-134d.jpg

I really like how the device can be disassembled for cleaning. A lot of small vaporizers in this category are fully sealed, except for the cap/mouthpiece, and you can’t clean underneath the chamber/bowl. So I love how all of the gaskets and the chamber itself are completely removable/cleanable/replaceable.You don’t see that feature enough in these smaller devices. My only worry there is that the two little nubs on both sides of the scoop assembly that snap into place when the scoop assembly is rotated into place will eventually wear down and possibly break off.

I also really love the scoop itself. I rather appreciated being able to use the vape itself to scoop material directly into the chamber without needing a separate spoon/scoop. That was a really good feature to have included!

One thing I did not care for about the cap design is the silicone air cooler inside the cap. I would often accidentally push it to one side or the other with the edge of the scoop when putting the cap on, and then I’d have to jam my fat finger in there to nudge it back into place before carefully putting the cap on without coming into contact with the bottom of the air cooler and pushing it to the side again, which also happened sometimes. So, a design change to the inside of the cap that better held the air cooler straight in place would be a welcome improvement.

I do like that the heater itself is removable/replaceable. I wonder if they will have multiple heater options in the future.

And lastly concerting the outer design of the device, I liked that the fire button is “clicky” in a nice mechanical feeling way, but I did not like how “wobbly” the button felt. It had a bit more play/movement/wiggle in that regard than I would normally prefer.

On to the vapor production itself. The heater in this device is great. I say that because I tend to prefer a little hotter vapor than many people do. I tend to use many of my vapes natively on their highest temperature settings all the time. But not this one. I was very happy with the medium temp setting, and could see myself doing more extended sessions on the low temp setting. The high temp setting was a bit much using the vape dry, but I could see myself finishing bowls through water at the highest setting occasionally when I wanted to pull hard and fast.

I would say that the vapor flavor is decent for a vape this size, and in the price bracket that that this device is being sold at. Though the flavor quality trails off quite a bit after the first two or three pulls. That’s not to say that the flavor is bad after the first couple of pulls, but it quickly mellows down after the first couple of pulls. However, the ABV that I pulled out of this thing was well-extracted, and evenly roasted . I was very happy with the efficiency of this unit. No stirring needed.

And of course, another thing I love about this unit is the incredibly fast heat-up time. It only feels like a couple seconds time between holding the button down and pulling vapor from this device. This aspect of the unit is very well done and appreciated. I feel that feature will be especially appreciated by those newly moving away from smoking to vaporizing. It will make the transition much easier for them.

Of course the elephant in the room is how the mouthpiece (and the upper body) of the device get very hot very quickly. The silicone mouthpiece cover shields ones lips from this, but the top half of the metal body itself easily gets quite warm. It would be a good improvement if anything could be done to lower the heat transfer to the metal part of the body.

The ability to utilize both a session mode, as well as an on-demand mode was also greatly appreciated. Although I normally prefer a session mode, and rarely used the session mode on this device. But it’s still nice to know it’s there.

I would like a removable/user-replaceable battery. I always prefer to be able to take multiple fully-charged batteries with me when I’m on the go, so I can just swap a depleted one out for a fresh one without having to wait for the depleted one to charge. But I also know that’s a difficult feature to implement in such a small device.

And finally, on to using this device with water. I absolutely love that this unit is designed to mate with a water tool right out of the box. That is a great feature! I also found myself using it with the silicone mouthpiece cover, as it makes a great seal with the glass as well. The on-demand, almost instant heat-up of this device makes it ideal for use with water-tools. I can see myself using it largely for that purpose in the future.

All in all, I think this is a very capable and convenient vaporizer that I would recommend especially to someone new to vaporizers, as it’s very easy to use, is efficient, and can churn out larger clouds if you want it to. I wish the vapor could be cooled a bit more though. In that light, maybe something like the zirconia spiral that is found in the mouthpiece of the Flowermate CAP might really help with cooling the vapor.

Well. That's it for now. Let me know if you have any questions!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I am still enjoying this vape quite a lot. Very easy to use and with the rubber it mates well and easily with glass. It might get too warm with more than one user at a time, but I usually get buzzed by myself at home. And @DDave's screens really do make it more usable. I hope they have learned from this accessory.

CVC4455

Good morning not sure why but in the begining of use the screen fell out I have a small air compressor I borrowed from my Wife she doesnt use and I blow out the mouthpiece after each use and I blow out the bowl but from the side air vents into the bowl not the nozzel into the bowl chamber blowing it back into the heater the vents are in the sides you can put your mouth over one side and blow into it and you will notice how the air travels out thru the bowl well I hope that helps everyone the last thing I want to do is give people the wrong information you are my friends HERE and I value being here with you

Sorry I also wanted to say I am going out today to see my doctor first then I sit in the car and vape while my wife goes into the stores my choice was mv1 ghost if I stay in the car with windows rolled down or BELIEVE it or not if I walk around the shopping parking lot I still have an original PAX that works fine now I will add the vleaf go because it has a low smell so I will use it in car or outside when my wife gets back she is concerned if Her car smells mv1 is very slight and now I have the go also anyway its starting out to be a good day unless my oncologist I have cll leukemia for 9 years now there is no cure just chemo and hope it doesnt come back however most of the time it comes back so more chemos eventually the aftermath of too many chemos is your immune system is done so you die well 9 years ago when I first was diagnosed with it I did not know what was wrong just that I could not breathe very well so I went to the er WOW THE JOURNEY BEGAN for me the doctor in the er took some blood came back with the results told me that I had a Hemogloubin of 3 that meant there was basically hardly any blood in my body and medically I was DEAD but I was standing in front of him talking he was SPOOKED to say the least da da da da I was confused but ALIVE anyway that doctor gave me my new nickname DEADMAN WALKING sorry for the post about my issues with health this is a vape forum I am currently on a experimental pill to control it so far so good and I am checked every 30 days to make sure its still WORKING so far so good I told my doctor dont WORRY about me its hard to kill a DEADMAN HA HA OK everyone have a GREAT DAY I really dont care what the doctor says I AM going to have a good day vaping as well as the rest of you thank you for you time I will sign out as you know me Readyman ready for anything even DEADMAN WALKING I hope everyone has a GREAT DAY VAPING as well

I wish you the best of luck man! Maybe try some hemp flower too, they have CBD and CBG dominant strains and should have CBC strains available this fall. And if you get good hemp flower then both CBD and CBG can be very good effects wise mixed with THC bud. Theres also some evidence(patents) that say the more cannabinoids the merrier for fighting some types of cancers or at least slowing them down. But I hope your still posting on here for a very long time!

CVC4455,
Reactions: readyman

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Did anyone tell Vivant where we are and give them a chance to come make this thread themselves? (also the title should probably just be "Vleaf Go" no? May want to put "by Vivant" in there too since they didn't get to start the thread?) Lot of other vivant threads need to be moved as well...

Shit Snacks,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Show “Troy” the reviewer some love, his 20% OFF CODE, still works. Just ordered one from the Vivant site, $55.00 delivered. Figured it was too cheap to pass up.

What’s the diameter of the replacement screens that DDave sells, I got a bunch here that might fit in the cooler part?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
What’s the diameter of the replacement screens that DDave sells
I measured a Ti dDave screen at about 7mm diameter.
Did anyone tell Vivant where we are and give them a chance to come make this thread themselves? (also the title should probably just be "Vleaf Go" no? May want to put "by Vivant" in there too since they didn't get to start the thread?) Lot of other vivant threads need to be moved as well...
The original Vleaf Go post in oldFC was 60 days ago. I copy/pasted Vivant's exact title and post to start this one.

Have you contacted Vivant about moving their other product threads? Should I have done that prior to starting this thread?

Edit; I've trimmed my reply back a little bit.

Last edited:

someTooL

Put the Go to the test yesterday.

-3 Hour drive, three packings, one charge after the 2nd, just cause I knew I had time. All yellow. Stirring and screen cleaning necessary but I had time.

-Got home, put it with a water pipe. 2 back to back packings. Red for both. Again, stirring and screen cleaning necessary but not a problem.

-Took a bike ride late evening and finished another packing on yellow. Couldn’t stir on the ride but was able to pull three nice ones before the screen got clogged.

Still impressed with what this $69 vape is doing for me.

Trackrat

I have been using mine daily for the last 5 days and haven't experience the screen getting clogged, yet. I just do a lightly tight pack and draw slow and that seems to help. I also keep mine on the lowest temp to enjoy the full flavor for as long as possible. @vivantvape, the one thing that would make this a really good vape would be a removable battery. Otherwise it is a good unit, charges quick, take anywhere. Love it and thank you for making a practical, indiscreet vape at a price people can afford and say Fuck Combustion.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
The only extra power I might want to add is a second Go. I'm fine in lots of instances with internal batteries. There's always some risk of damage when the batteries get handled a lot. Last year a Li-ion battery vented in my dresser drawer and that was not a pretty sight. "Lucky" it was Grasshopper-size and not an 18650 or the story could have had a tragic ending.

I agree with the "lightly tight" pack and slow draw. I also think drier flower may clog less (per a recent discussion with @OF!). I'm not finding that stirring or poking is doing much. I tend to stay on green unless in a hurry, getting somewhere from 4 to 8 modest hits per, depending.

Top Bottom