Vleaf Go: on-demand convection herb vaporizer!

Summer

Long Island, NY
Without trying, I don't know if the code is still valid, but if you're buying, you should consider throwing it Troy's way. Use code 420vapezone to save 20% on the Vleaf GO or any other vape at Vivant.Store.

Troy does a lot for the community with his reviews & continual (?? - can't think of the right word) Instagram & Modern Cannibists podcasts. If you haven't checked out the podcast, you should:

https://www.moderncannabists.com/

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
FUCK ME...I just went to buy 2 and the shipping to OZ is more than one unit...US$73.28 for economy shipping is more than a joke, it is a rip-off.:2c::rant:

LesPlenty,
Reactions: Summer

spindle

Without trying, I don't know if the code is still valid, but if you're buying, you should consider throwing it Troy's way. Use code 420vapezone to save 20% on the Vleaf GO or any other vape at Vivant.Store.

Troy does a lot for the community with his reviews & continual (?? - can't think of the right word) Instagram & Modern Cannibists podcasts. If you haven't checked out the podcast, you should:

https://www.moderncannabists.com/

Code 420vapezone was still valid as of Tuesday when I ordered my second Go. I also wanted to help Troy, even in this small way.

I use the Go as my primary vaporizer, and don't use it as a portable, and have no plans or need to. For my needs it could be called the Stay :). A better name would have been the Glow, since observing the red glow of the oven during use is so helpful!

OF

I have a friend who is retiring in a week after 40 years of teaching. Is ready to start using again for his myriad of anxiety and body aches. Of all the vapes I own this might be the one I give him...

Good choice, provided you're handy to get him up to speed.

Another fine vape for this specific job worth considering is the F2. Our very own @Vitolo has introduced a truly impressive number of new users, often very challenged by disease and other restrictions. He finds it his 'ideal vape' from a POV of simplicity and dependable results (not necessarily strong suit for Go early on?). It features very simple operation and reliable, easy to use, simple to maintain, and has conduction operation......which can be a plus in cases like this?

Your call, of course, and kudos for your prospective gift. Better than a hammock in so many ways. Your friend seems to have at least one good friend.......

Regards to all,

OF

Edit: Hey, maybe a better idea is to get him both? After all it's a rule 'mission critical gear needs a backup', right? F2 first, Go once he gets the hang of things? Both outstanding vapes, despite their low cost. And being different sorts of machines are 'fun to use' when the urge for something a bit different, neither is likely to spend it's time in a dark drawer. They could back each other up, like friends do?

Good luck with it.

OF

Last edited:

Choices

Good choice, provided you're handy to get him up to speed.

Another fine vape for this specific job worth considering is the F2. Our very own @Vitolo has introduced a truly impressive number of new users, often very challenged by disease and other restrictions. He finds it his 'ideal vape' from a POV of simplicity and dependable results (not necessarily strong suit for Go early on?). It features very simple operation and reliable, easy to use, simple to maintain, and has conduction operation......which can be a plus in cases like this?

Your call, of course, and kudos for your prospective gift. Better than a hammock in so many ways. Your friend seems to have at least one good friend.......

Regards to all,

OF

Edit: Hey, maybe a better idea is to get him both? After all it's a rule 'mission critical gear needs a backup', right? F2 first, Go once he gets the hang of things? Both outstanding vapes, despite their low cost. And being different sorts of machines are 'fun to use' when the urge for something a bit different, neither is likely to spend it's time in a dark drawer. They could back each other up, like friends do?

Good luck with it.

OF

I have an F2 and some 1st Edition dosing capsules that I can throw in as well. I will make an afternoon of it here soon and let him try both. Great idea @OF !!!

Baron23

Yep, and Stephen20 works too.....as a tester, and since then on the boards, I think Vivant has done a tremendous job reaching out and staying in touch with the community.

@Vivant Customer Service - :tup::nod::rockon::clap:
Oh, and I just want to make sure everybody knows that the tester 20% discount codes are just that and no more. These are NOT referral or affiliate codes and none of the testers get any sort of payment...well, aside from the unit itself.

Its just a great discount for members to use if they want one of these vapes.

Cheers

OF

I believe they're talking Fury 2 (Healthy Rips).

Just thinking, boy these "starter vapes" have come such a long way.

Absolutely right both times. A long ways from the 'box vapes' we bought for $50 from Amazon....

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/healthy-rips-fury.24408/

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/paying-it-forward-a-new-direction.13802/

Edit: As the usual advice advises, the best way to 'get the feel' of a thread in a few minutes is to skim the last several pages.

Regards to all.

OF

IMO the go is a good bit more then a starter vape. I’ve never tried the f2

The F2 obviously has a lot of us fairly experienced users as fans as well. I don't thing we should look at this from the tool POV, rather the human one? Both Go and F2 make good choices for beginner users in that they can give reliable results with minimal instruction for folks who are 'new to the forest'?

OF

Last edited:

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
And no, there's no combustion going on. The center is just cooked more than the edges for the reason I stated a while back in this thread. The load shrinks back some as it gets dried out making the path through the center easier than working through the denser parts of the load. So more of the heated ari goes that way. The extra air flow brings more heat to this area, drying it all the more so it vapes first and the path gets even less restricted.

In the 8 years I've been lurking/posting on FC I've NEVER read such a succinct explanation of this convection dynamic!

Thank you!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I have a couple of comments on the cap screen, rather the mod screen from @DDave.
The o.e.m. cap screen imo has an obvious weakness, a design flaw, in that it can easily fall out. The mod does not easily fall out, and really takes care of the issue, IF handled properly. If not, it can also become dislodged and be a pita. This was brought to light when my wife used the Go the other day, not for the first time, but it was the first time she filled and used it without any man-splaining from me.

With this vape - as we've gotten used to it - we don't pass it, we'll each do a short bowl, then let the other have it for a bit. With several vapes we "vape separately together", still liking the together part, but acknowledging that some vapes are suited to individual use. But this is digression. It became my turn with the GO.

I got a mouthful of herb on the first draw; the screen was gone, never to be seen again. I suggested that maybe she had over filled it, since I had just seen dDave mention that potential drawback. Cleaned it up, put in a new screen and proceeded, all better.

Later, wife had another turn and after emptying, said she was having a little trouble putting the cap back on, so I did, after filling again for my turn. This time all went well until I emptied the Go and noticed that the screen had been pushed too far into the silicone insert.

Big light bulb moment came when I realized that if the cap is not in proper orientation as it approaches the Go, the scoop extension on Go can push directly against the screen or against the silicone insert. The result is some resistance felt on installing the cap and the good possibility that the screen will be dislodged. I also recalled that even with the original cap screen I could sometimes feel slight resistance when attaching the cap to the body.

My main takeaway and tip o' the day is; When attaching the cap to the body, keep it straight on and use the pointy poker part of the cap as a guide, so it follows it's little channel into place. The cap clicks on smooth and screen will stay put.

If I hadn't done wake n vape so early today, this all could have been about 3 sentences. :myday::shrug::wave:

I've emailed delta3dstudios to see if he wants a crack at making a replacement silicone insert that will house a screen in a groove, like the screen in his Mighty wpa.

Last edited:

someTooL

Jumping on the bandwagon here. I’m with all the positive reviews for initial impressions.

Received mine earlier today. Did 2 packings back on demand yellow mode. Nice quality vapor. Even roast (well maybe not roast color but again just yellow lol)

I do see immediately what everyone has said about the mp. Just trying be gentle and wait for improvements will be my game.

Time will tell, but this has definitely stepped up to my out and about vape.

caseball2051

I've got to echo the praises of other members here. This is a surprisingly good vape for the price point. The little tiny bong that ddave includes with this makes it a great setup.

This will certainly be a perfect golf course companion but to be honest it'll probably also make the cut for other outings when I don't want to bring my firewood6.

It is a hot hit natively . I hope some mouthpiece mods or improvements are thought out.

Top Bottom