Multi-brand Vivant Alternate

djchexxx

I've had my alternate for a week now and I think way too many people are sleeping on this vape. This thing RIPS!!!!! :whoa: I picked mine up for $65 from an authorized reseller and the price/performance ratio is mind blowing. The first few days there was a weird taste but it seems to be gone now. With the battery in it seems to have a nice weight to it. Getting around 5-6 sessions @2mins w/ oem battery. HE2/HE4 performs similar.

I'm fairly certain mine still has a v1 cap because it still had those metal screws/plastic bridge in it but I took those out. No cracking yet. Did burnoffs at the highest temp 5x. Regular sessions dont go above 380 and it seems to be holding up. Will update if anything changes

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
I've had my alternate for a week now and I think way too many people are sleeping on this vape. This thing RIPS!!!!! :whoa: I picked mine up for $65 from an authorized reseller and the price/performance ratio is mind blowing. The first few days there was a weird taste but it seems to be gone now. With the battery in it seems to have a nice weight to it. Getting around 5-6 sessions @2mins w/ oem battery. HE2/HE4 performs similar.

I'm fairly certain mine still has a v1 cap because it still had those metal screws/plastic bridge in it but I took those out. No cracking yet. Did burnoffs at the highest temp 5x. Regular sessions dont go above 380 and it seems to be holding up. Will update if anything changes
Other than the MP cracking the only con I can really think of on this unit (price considered) is the robot fart taste that lasts for too many bowls. Mine has completely dissipated at this point but it was strong at first and sure to turn away many people who don't want to do burnoff after burnoff. If they could get that sorted as well as cracking issues this would be my first recommendation for new and experienced vapers both.

djchexxx

Other than the MP cracking the only con I can really think of on this unit (price considered) is the robot fart taste that lasts for too many bowls. Mine has completely dissipated at this point but it was strong at first and sure to turn away many people who don't want to do burnoff after burnoff. If they could get that sorted as well as cracking issues this would be my first recommendation for new and experienced vapers both.
I agree, I would pay a premium price if they just made a full aluminum body and mouthpiece. No more stinky taste, and will dissipate the heat much better than plastic.

Vivant

Manufacturer
Bought 2 Alternates on the 4/20 sale. They came with extra top caps. So far, one top cap has cracked, and another seems assembled backwards because you can only get any airflow if it is in closed position. When it is "open" it is completely blocked. Also a piece of the body of one vape actually broke off.

I have contacted them via their website a couple days ago as well as here via PM, requesting an email response so I could send photos, but so far, no response.....where is Ivan, Gwen's replacement?

Hello @OyVape sorry for the delay in response as I am new to the company and doing my best to attend to each inquiry in a timely manner. I have responded to you yesterday and will continue to help you with your situation via email. Thank you

Yo....Ivan!

Where you be, man!?

hqdefault.jpg

@Vivant
I hope he hasn't already left Vivant too!

Hey @Fat Freddy @BuddingMagic , sorry for the delay in response.. I kindly ask for your patience as I am still getting situated in here. Please bear with me for the beginning and I hope I will catch up sooner than later so I can get to all the inquiries in a timely manner.

Thank you for everyone's welcome! -Ivan CSR

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
Anyone who has access to concentrates and also has an alternate I HIGHLY recommend you try them together. It's my go to device not for concentrates. Max it out to 428 and let er rip. Huge tasty satisfying clouds. Nothing like those conduction vaporizers who claim to do concentrates but put out shitty unsatisfying whispy clouds of vapor.

Running low on pot/oil lately so I scraped my cooling unit, wiped up some of the reclaim with cotton and just got 5 HUGE rips of extremely potent vapor. At a 10 right now for free.

OyVape

Hello @OyVape sorry for the delay in response as I am new to the company and doing my best to attend to each inquiry in a timely manner. I have responded to you yesterday and will continue to help you with your situation via email. Thank you

Hey @Fat Freddy @BuddingMagic , sorry for the delay in response.. I kindly ask for your patience as I am still getting situated in here. Please bear with me for the beginning and I hope I will catch up sooner than later so I can get to all the inquiries in a timely manner.

Thank you for everyone's welcome! -Ivan CSR

@Vivant, hi Ivan,

sorry I have not received an email from you. Could be my email is wonky. Could you please resend?

I will PM you my email. You will get an alert in your FC inbox.

Thank you for stepping in. Believe me, you will be appreciated here, so welcome!

OyVape,
Reactions: BigJr48

Meach

Anyone own this and the weecke/heslthy rips fenix force? Wondering if the cooling unit on the fenix would fit on the alternate...

Meach,

j9ett

Custom Title
Just a little update.

The V2 topcap on my Alternate did end up developing two cracks after 2½ weeks of use:

KfGM4E6.jpg

dRq2W4J.jpg

Cleaning becomes very dangerous when it's cracked like this. Otherwise it's still performing fine..

heaven_gifts said he would provide a free replacement after confirming with pictures and with the factory.

I tried ordering a Crafty Wear&tear set via https://www.craftyvaporizer.com/eu/en/ but for some reason they canceled my order after a few days and returned my money without any explanation... wtf :shrug:
Afterwards I noticed they sell those Wear&tear sets at a local vape store :clap:

Yet another dtaxx Crafternate is born:

CgLVt9n.jpg

After a bowl.
9X3iNkZ.jpg

A domed "Silver Screen", stacked on top of the finer Crafty screen(comes with wear&tear kit) creates a nice no-clean cap and also improves the airflow! :nod:

Like many others, I also ended up sanding away the ledge that holds the screen, yet I'm comfortably able to keep those two screens in place with just friction. Amazing luck :o I've also ordered Arizer dome screens from eBay, just in case.

j4bNBSP.jpg

In addition to shortening all 3 sides of the tabs, I also needed to thin them a bit. I used a Dremel for the bulk of the material and a robust Snap-blade knife for the finer details.

It looks and feels nice.
qC3M2JY.jpg

I think I got the tightness just right for my liking, making the device harder to open by accident by someone who doesn't know what it is! :rolleyes:

1FRlFIO.jpg

This mod was well worth the effort! Airflow is better, taste is better, the screen stays clean and the Crafty topcap feels much nicer&cooler in hand. Plus now I got 3 extra mouthpieces to share with friends.

It's working oh-so great for me and it feels like I've got a winner in my hands! :love:
Dosing pods and loading funnel is what I'm after now :nod:

:peace:

squigger

Just a little update.

9X3iNkZ.jpg

A domed "Silver Screen", stacked on top of the finer Crafty screen(comes with wear&tear kit) creates a nice no-clean cap and also improves the airflow! :nod:

Like many others, I also ended up sanding away the ledge that holds the screen, yet I'm comfortably able to keep those two screens in place with just friction. Amazing luck :o I've also ordered Arizer dome screens from eBay, just in case.

j4bNBSP.jpg

In addition to shortening all 3 sides of the tabs, I also needed to thin them a bit. I used a Dremel for the bulk of the material and a robust Snap-blade knife for the finer details.

I think I got the tightness just right for my liking, making the device harder to open by accident by someone who doesn't know what it is! :rolleyes:

Hold up that looks way better than mine. I have to put the screen dipping down into the craft cu and cut it to fit. Can you show it without the screen on. What size are those screens i have a ton of ones I got in a whole sale that are too big and cause it to no longer be as air tight.

Last edited:
squigger,

Vivant

Manufacturer
We are nearing the end of the 3rd version of the Top Cap which should mitigate all existing issues .

There is no official release date for the V3 Top Caps, but my personal guess would be around mid to late August

Thank you for baring with us while we try and finalize the last steps of our V3 Top Caps.

Once we are done with the production of the Caps, we will make a formal announcement on our website at Vivant.com and as well as here on FC so you guys can stay up to date.

If you have any other questions or comments please feel free to ask :)

Thank you,
Ivan
CSR
@Vivant ,

So what's the latest on the newest top cap...V3 I think its been referred to?

TIA

joint46go

How would you compare the Fenix and the vivant?

This is my old compare
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vivant-alternate.23668/page-15#post-1094016

Now i have 2 alternate 2 fenix 2 fenix mini (aka healty rip fury) and old vape like flowermate pro etc..

I dont use more the alternate for the cracked mouthplace but is not the only reason...

Fenix is more easy to use refill and clean...has perfect temp preselect for a good extraction....the battery recharge is very fast vs alternate and have better heat up time......and i have used for more than 1 year with no issue

Alternate have better mouthpiece for cool vapor and a more dense cloud for the fast extraction...

Now im using fenix mini and im impressed... Dense tasy cloud like alternate fast recharge heat up and max easy of use....my only issue is the mouthpiece that dont cool the vapor

joint46go,

j9ett

Custom Title
Hold up that looks way better than mine. I have to put the screen dipping down into the craft cu and cut it to fit. Can you show it without the screen on. What size are those screens i have a ton of ones I got in a whole sale that are too big and cause it to no longer be as air tight.
qm6MeQU.jpg

s1gniM3.jpg

With just Crafty fine screen on

I ended up just cutting the 16mm screens to friction fit perfectly on top of the Crafty screen. This is my new favorite now! :)

2tJYvEn.jpg

Double-screened, perfectly flush. It is very easy to clean now :love:

mash

Just a little update.

The V2 topcap on my Alternate did end up developing two cracks after 2½ weeks of use:

KfGM4E6.jpg

dRq2W4J.jpg

Cleaning becomes very dangerous when it's cracked like this. Otherwise it's still performing fine..

heaven_gifts said he would provide a free replacement after confirming with pictures and with the factory.

I tried ordering a Crafty Wear&tear set via https://www.craftyvaporizer.com/eu/en/ but for some reason they canceled my order after a few days and returned my money without any explanation... wtf :shrug:
Afterwards I noticed they sell those Wear&tear sets at a local vape store :clap:

Yet another dtaxx Crafternate is born:

CgLVt9n.jpg

After a bowl.
9X3iNkZ.jpg

j4bNBSP.jpg

It looks and feels nice.
qC3M2JY.jpg

1FRlFIO.jpg

This mod was well worth the effort! Airflow is better, taste is better, the screen stays clean and the Crafty topcap feels much nicer&cooler in hand. Plus now I got 3 extra mouthpieces to share with friends.

It's working oh-so great for me and it feels like I've got a winner in my hands! :love:
Dosing pods and loading funnel is what I'm after now :nod:

:peace:

Have the exact setup.... works great..... so smooth.... easy to clean.....

mash,

Stinky

Svenson1980

Hi Guys,

Long time lurker and first post (LOL), i've been looking at the Vivant Alternate for some time now, does anyone know any close comparisons in terms of similar features at around the same price for the Vivant? Thank you

Svenson1980,
Reactions: Mr. Me2

Mr. Me2

Hi Guys,

Long time lurker and first post (LOL), i've been looking at the Vivant Alternate for some time now, does anyone know any close comparisons in terms of similar features at around the same price for the Vivant? Thank you
I don't have any of these but check out the Boundless vapes and Swift Pro.

Personally, I'm a grasshopper fan, but that's a little more and pure convection

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
Hi Guys,

A great resource here at FC to address that question would be @stickstones ...he's sort of a vape concierge .

Welcome to FC!

Svenson1980

I don't have any of these but check out the Boundless vapes and Swift Pro.

Personally, I'm a grasshopper fan, but that's a little more and pure convection

I just took a look at the boundless vapes and the closest thing to the Vivant would be the CFX? That removable battery capability is so key to me though :'(

Svenson1980,

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
I just took a look at the boundless vapes and the closest thing to the Vivant would be the CFX? That removable battery capability is so key to me though :'(
CFV would be the closest. The other boundless vapes are way more conduction than convection. As shown in my video a couple pages back the Alternate van be 100% convection like the CFV. CFV has terrible battery life though which makes me hesitant to recommend it to most people. Non replaceable battery that lasts 3 bowls max and a lot more draw restriction.

Top Bottom