Multi-brand Vivant Alternate

StonerSloth

cui bono?
Wow...I was just mulling one because Puffitup has them on sale. But one of MAJOR needs in a portable vape is privacy. There is no way to disable it?

From the manual (you may need to update firmware first)

Buzzer adjustment: In power-off state, long press the on/off
button and up button to enter buzzer adjustment interface.
Press two regulatory buttons to adjust buzzer volume from 1
to 5. You may press the on/off button to confirm after
adjustment. You may switch to silent mode by pressing the
down button when the volume is 1.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
My Alternate (used now with a crafty mp) seems to start to break.... the housing get some cracks maybe due to the crafty mp and to the high heat since I use it a lot for concentrates !

It's sad cause I like a lot this device. I like how the vapor production is fat and totally stop when the load is depleted, I like how it handles concentrates efficiently and without too much loss of taste. So, if I can't get it replaced by @Vivant , I will certainly buy another one in the futur!

My main cons are building quality, mp issues and design. I hope to see an Alternate 2.0 in the close futur!

HD Springer

My Alternate (used now with a crafty mp) seems to start to break.... the housing get some cracks maybe due to the crafty mp and to the high heat since I use it a lot for concentrates !

It's sad cause I like a lot this device. I like how the vapor production is fat and totally stop when the load is depleted, I like how it handles concentrates efficiently and without too much loss of taste. So, if I can't get it replaced by @Vivant , I will certainly buy another one in the futur!

My main cons are building quality, mp issues and design. I hope to see an Alternate 2.0 in the close futur!

Do you plan on trying Vivant's concentrate unit. It's called dabox I believe. Just wondering since you like it with concentrates. I too thought about buying another since they are dirt cheap right now. But that dabox sounds like it's a fairly cool/functional way to enjoy the concentrates out and about.

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
Do you plan on trying Vivant's concentrate unit. It's called dabox I believe. Just wondering since you like it with concentrates. I too thought about buying another since they are dirt cheap right now. But that dabox sounds like it's a fairly cool/functional way to enjoy the concentrates out and about.
IMO no oil coil setup thing can compare to convection dabs.

sunnyx12x21x

Since my mouthpiece broke (first cooling unit now mouthpiece from the joint(Currently its on cause of eproxy(M-Seal)(Sorry for so much brackets))), i can see some more noticeable vapor leak ,,, Pics\post of broken mouthpiece http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vivant-alternate.23668/page-69#post-1149537

Hey first of all i want to know , this wpa from Delta 3dstudios.
So can it be use as Mouthpiece for ur
MOUTH. ?? will vapor leak happen there ??

if this is a bad idea then crafty coolin is best option until v3, if will come.
Can anbody suggest some best deal for Crafty Cooling Unit. who ships Worldwide (India),

Update : When u suggest, it be nice if they have cheap shipping options too as i saw on delta3dstudios lowest shipping price is $14.09. tahats like almost half of product price

Last edited:

sunnyx12x21x

Can u tell me if it can be used a moth piece too,,
Bole to, Can u use to put that male port of mouthpiece in mouth instead of bubbler or other water attachemnts ....

Will i will still need to use sand paper , or will it fit out of box ??

sunnyx12x21x,

OyVape

A few questions for @Vivant or anyone who might know:

1. Is it safe to use electrical tape or Gorilla Glue or some kind of epoxy on a piece of broken plastic of the housing around the bowl?

2. Would it be safe/possible to use 20700 rechargeable batteries for longer battery life?

3. Any plans for an Alternate 2.0? This is such a great design but the cheap plastic materials are a fatal flaw for longterm reliability.

4. Any idea when I can expect a response from Customer Service?

5. Why is my browser (Firefox) telling me your website is not secure and there's a problem with the certificate?

6. Can someone please post Vivant's phone number? I've seen one on their website before but now I can't access the site (see #5).

Last edited:
OyVape,

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !

1. Is it safe to use electrical tape or Gorilla Glue or some kind of epoxy on a piece of broken plastic of the housing around the bowl?

2. Would it be safe/possible to use 20700 rechargeable batteries for longer battery life?

3. Any plans for an Alternate 2.0? This is such a great design but the cheap plastic materials are a fatal flaw for longterm reliability.

5. Why is my browser (Firefox) telling me your website is not secure and there's a problem with the certificate?

6. Can someone please post Vivant's phone number? I've seen one on their website before but now I can't access the site (see #5).

Phone number?

Look on page 21 of the Alternate manual.

Fat Freddy,
Reactions: BigJr48

Vivant

Manufacturer

Hello @OyVape,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

1.We do not recommend any of those following glues, or tapes. The main reason why is because your Alternate device reaches high temperatures. If you were to put anything of that nature inside/around the housing of the bowl, you can risk serious health concerns. If you need a new top cap, we have them available for sale online at: https://vivant.store/.

2.As a company we use and trust Sony's VTC4 18650 batteries. For longer battery life i would suggest getting additional 18650 batteries and also using an external charger. Having an external charger can come in handy for decreasing your charge time versus charging via usb cable with a computer, etc..

3. Our main priority at the moment is fixing the top cap issues. The V3 top caps are in the final phases of production and we believe they should be available to the public by the end of this month.The V3 top caps should mitigate all existing issues customers are experiencing . We appreciate your interest and feedback regarding future Alternate plans. I will relay your thoughts to our team of designers.

4. I am the Customer Service Representative for Vivant, and my name is Ivan. I try my best to keep in touch with members on FC. The best way for me to respond to you would be through email. Here's my two main email address's for Vivant: support@vivant.com & info@vivant.com.

5. Are you referring to Vivant.com or Vivant.store?

6. Our phone number is 844-884-8268.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please feel free to write back with any other questions you might have.

Thank you,

Ivan
CSR

Solosummers

I'm convinced and enjoying my Crafternate much more then my Solo 2 by FAR...Never thought I'd be reaching kinda backwards regarding buying this type of lower end vape again because of quality concerns.etc....But a little work certainly pays off with it being a better tasting vape in my opinion, adding the CU with a custom glass Crafty/Mighty mouthpiece takes it up a notch. Bigger & thicker clouds & more potent hits with both herbs-concentrates. Now this Crafternate performance works like a high-end vaporizer!
(Solo 2 on the selling block)

Last edited:

BigJr48

I'm convinced and enjoying my Crafternate much more then my Solo 2 by FAR...Never thought I'd be reaching kinda backwards regarding buying this type of lower end vape again because of quality concerns.etc....But a little work certainly pays off with it being a better tasting vape in my opinion, adding the CU with a custom glass Crafty/Mighty mouthpiece takes it up a notch. Bigger & thicker clouds & more potent hits with both herbs-concentrates. Now this Crafternate performance works like a high-end vaporizer!
(Solo 2 on the selling block)

All from just changing the mouthpiece???

BigJr48,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Can u tell me if it can be used a moth piece too,,
Bole to, Can u use to put that male port of mouthpiece in mouth instead of bubbler or other water attachemnts ....

Absolutely you can use my WPA as a mouthpiece (the silicone rubber is quite comfortable actually). Although since it's a direct shot from the oven to the end of the WPA, you might find the vapor a bit TOO harsh at higher temps

sunnyx12x21x

Hey GUYS
wanted to buy that wpa from delta 3d studios but they only support credit cards.

Which i cant provide nor any of my friends are ready to put in their card details in it...

so any alternative website who can help me ??

i understand there's VCC, but u think they would charge their cut extra . (My bank have vcc but theu only allow domestic use only)..
i also message delta 3d studios for paypal support @

@Rachett -
I Understand u are the owner of that site, Plz add Paypal support too ..

sunnyx12x21x,

Solosummers

I

From my experience using both of late with Herb's & concentrates I do enjoy the Vivant much more even with the original MP before the cracking meltdown. Adding the Crafty CU with the updates does put it over the top and really makes for the perfect MP & vape combo seeing it handles the hotter temperatures like 428 degrees. I didn't struggle with any bad taste smells or odors prior. I find I get better hits with flavor that tends to last longer & stronger then the Solo 2 as well. If my FF2 could've produced Convection vapor with ease like the Vivant I would've kept it. Go figure I know? What I learned is the bigger bucks spent won't always reap better performance or even better vapor quality. etc...No knock on the Solo 2 because it has a great battery life very solid build, but yes this is my opinion and experience with both vaporizers. Cheers*

BigJr48

I

From my experience using both of late with Herb's & concentrates I do enjoy the Vivant much more even with the original MP before the cracking meltdown. Adding the Crafty CU with the updates does put it over the top and really makes for the perfect MP & vape combo seeing it handles the hotter temperatures like 428 degrees. I didn't struggle with any bad taste smells or odors prior. I find I get better hits with flavor that tends to last longer & stronger then the Solo 2 as well. If my FF2 could've produced Convection vapor with ease like the Vivant I would've kept it. Go figure I know? What I learned is the bigger bucks spent won't always reap better performance or even better vapor quality. etc...No knock on the Solo 2 because it has a great battery life very solid build, but yes this is my opinion and experience with both vaporizers. Cheers*

I recently bought this vaporizer, I haven't used it because of the mouthpiece issue while researching the "craftnate" upgrade. So now all I need is just the Crafty mouthpiece?

BigJr48,

Solosummers

I recently bought this vaporizer, I haven't used it because of the mouthpiece issue while researching the "craftnate" upgrade. So now all I need is just the Crafty mouthpiece?
Yes* Make sure U have the proper tools to fit the CU on the Vivant.Take your time. Hopefully all works out*

Solosummers,

sickmanfraud

Hey GUYS
wanted to buy that wpa from delta 3d studios but they only support credit cards.

Which i cant provide nor any of my friends are ready to put in their card details in it...

i understand there's VCC, but u think they would charge their cut extra . (My bank have vcc but theu only allow domestic use only)..
i also message delta 3d studios for paypal support @

@Rachett -
I Understand u are the owner of that site, Plz add Paypal support too ..

I was told that paypal has decided not to be involved in transactions involving vaporizers. Folks have started just listing the devices as "aromatherapy" devices.

sickmanfraud,

jvoltios

Hi everyone,

I have a question. Will my Crafty CU fit it's original unit after being modded to fit an Alternate? I'm just wondering if it's necessary to buy a separate CU or the same CU will work with both after the clipping and sanding. Thanks in advance.

jvoltios,

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
The Alternate is becoming my favorite device for concentrates. I just put a layer of cotton in the bottom then sandwich some concentrate in between bottom and top layers. Massive smooth clouds.

Cheesequake,
Reactions: Vivant
Top Bottom