Multi-brand Vivant Alternate

jvoltios

Hi,

I've had my Alternate for 2 days now. I'm planning to use it as a backup unit for my Crafty. I have CU v2 and hoping it doesn't get cracked. AWESOME unit.

I have a few questions regarding the battery. I have a LG HG2 since it was widely recommended as one of the best. I haven't charged it fully yet. Today I planned to have a morning session but couldn't. The battery read 20%. I thought it was ok, since I can use my Crafty at 20% and finish a bowl just when it's about to die on me. However, the battery was totally drained (or so it seemed in the screen) just before it reached 185C (365F) and I couldn't use the unit. So I charged it and waited till it got above 50%. Surprisingly, I barely finished the bowl and the battery showed 04% (just like that... 04). I find this very intriguing. Is my Alternate not reading battery life correctly? Should I charge it to the max so the system "knows" when it's fully charged or something?

Also, I was reading some info about the LG HG2 and found the recommended operating temperature is -20 ~ 75 ℃. I'm charging it right now and the temperature reads 71℃. Which is pretty close to the max. Is this normal? Should I buy an external charger?

Thanks in advance.

Vivant

Manufacturer
Hey jvoltios,

Thanks for reaching out to us!!

When the battery is or near 20% the device will not heat up to the desired temperature. Once the battery's output reaches 3.0 volts, the units safety feature does not allow for the battery to discharge any further. This feature protects the life cycle of your battery.
Hi,

I've had my Alternate for 2 days now. I'm planning to use it as a backup unit for my Crafty. I have CU v2 and hoping it doesn't get cracked. AWESOME unit.

I have a few questions regarding the battery. I have a LG HG2 since it was widely recommended as one of the best. I haven't charged it fully yet. Today I planned to have a morning session but couldn't. The battery read 20%. I thought it was ok, since I can use my Crafty at 20% and finish a bowl just when it's about to die on me. However, the battery was totally drained (or so it seemed in the screen) just before it reached 185C (365F) and I couldn't use the unit. So I charged it and waited till it got above 50%. Surprisingly, I barely finished the bowl and the battery showed 04% (just like that... 04). I find this very intriguing. Is my Alternate not reading battery life correctly? Should I charge it to the max so the system "knows" when it's fully charged or something?

Also, I was reading some info about the LG HG2 and found the recommended operating temperature is -20 ~ 75 ℃. I'm charging it right now and the temperature reads 71℃. Which is pretty close to the max. Is this normal? Should I buy an external charger?

Thanks in advance.

Have you updated the Firmware? This update improves and optimizes power consumption when OFF or in sleep mode. Here's the link: https://www.vivant.com/firmware/

I do recommend using an external charger. One of the great things about the Alternate is that you have the option for interchangeable batteries. You can use the trusted brands of batteries you like, and also have more than 1 battery for extended sessions or for longer uses without having to wait for charge times.

I hope this helps answer your question.

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask :)

Thank you,

Ivan
CSR

sunnyx12x21x

Hi

I bought Mine V.A from DHGATE's heaven gifts..

Mine got cracks and cracks currently its holding with M-seal (eproxy)

Looks like this in inside

Even its mouth piece is broken today.

Upon contacting on seller they replied
We'll send you a new mouthpiece with your next new order in our store.
Please kindly leave us an order message to inform us about this when you are placing new orders, thanks

Should i be clearly ask what if i don't ever buy from their store ? since v3 may come and i might get free support , so i dont want to mess up our relation starting dispute or something like that !

what do u guys think i should do ?

Hope there was some accessories or something which was easily accessible to everybody which can replace this mouth piece !

sunnyx12x21x,

Ravachol

They sent me a new alternate with version 2 cu, when the first one melted. Maybe too many got the same problem. A good tool realized with cheap materials. A pity, the idea was good, to save a fraction of dollar in plastic, they have lost the occasion to change the world of vaping.

Ravachol,
Reactions: Meach

jvoltios

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding mesh screens. I would like to change ALL my Vivant and Crafty screens and make them a disposable part. I would like a fine mesh like the one that comes in the Vivant CU. I've done some testing and the fine mesh does not restrict airflow for me whatsoever. More importantly it keeps the CU clean. Cleaning the Crafty is a pain in the ass if you don't have a lot of ISO to spare and soak all the components at once. The Vivant also gets dirty, although it's not as dramatic as the Crafty.

I would like 500 pcs like the left one. I've seen some on DHGate but I'm not sure if they are fine enough. I live in Peru so Free International shipping is needed. If anyone could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Cheesequake

Free Men Don't Ask
They sent me a new alternate with version 2 cu, when the first one melted. Maybe too many got the same problem. A good tool realized with cheap materials. A pity, the idea was good, to save a fraction of dollar in plastic, they have lost the occasion to change the world of vaping.
I predict that they'll release version 3 mouthpiece eventually, it won't crack, and people will forget all about this before anything better comes out.

Cheesequake,
Reactions: djchexxx

djchexxx

Hi

Should i be clearly ask what if i don't ever buy from their store ? since v3 may come and i might get free support , so i dont want to mess up our relation starting dispute or something like that !

Hope there was some accessories or something which was easily accessible to everybody which can replace this mouth piece !

Buy a crafty mouthpiece and mod it to fit the vivant. Has it passed the 3 month warranty?

Thats why I ordered from the US to get Vivant support and 2 year warranty. Didnt want to risk buying from china due to the known cracking mouthpiece issue.

joint46go

Uff i want new mouthpiece.....this product still unuseable from many month :( and no i dont want buy a crafty cu ....

joint46go,

Baron23

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding mesh screens. I would like to change ALL my Vivant and Crafty screens and make them a disposable part. I would like a fine mesh like the one that comes in the Vivant CU. I've done some testing and the fine mesh does not restrict airflow for me whatsoever. More importantly it keeps the CU clean. Cleaning the Crafty is a pain in the ass if you don't have a lot of ISO to spare and soak all the components at once. The Vivant also gets dirty, although it's not as dramatic as the Crafty.

I would like 500 pcs like the left one. I've seen some on DHGate but I'm not sure if they are fine enough. I live in Peru so Free International shipping is needed. If anyone could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
So, there are many pipe screens shown for sale here and elsewhere:

https://www.amazon.com/Tobacco-Pipe-Screens/b?ie=UTF8&node=10342670011

But that's not going to get you free international shipping
These guys sell pipe screens and offer free shipping...google is amazing if you use it, yeah?

https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-steel-pipe-screens.html

Baron23,

Solosummers

The perfect solution for the cap mouthpiece issue was my Sunday project. A Frankenstein experiment that worked out perfectly. Well worth my time. Thanks to the brains who came up with this particular modification idea .
Easy: A file & good sandpaper = smooth and a snug fit*

Last edited:
Solosummers,

vaptronix

Hi

Escalate your dispute to the DHgate support. If this doesn't work, try leaving negative feedback.

vaptronix,

AJS

Calm Consistency
Purfitup has the Alternate on sale for $59! (And a few others also greatly reduced)
Trying to decide if I should take this deal to have a cheap vape for friends who are willing to convert but don't want to spend the money. Would be an easy gift ... hmmm

HD Springer

Alternate for $59 from an authorized seller in the US is insane. Highly recommend anyone on the fence snag one, but also snag a Crafty CU to go with it. I wouldn't recommend it without one.

I'd also suggest a wpa to go with it. I bought @Ratchett 3d printed one. And I don't ever hardly use the original one that it came with it. This thing cranked up on top of my water piece is unreal how well it does. Thick thick tasty vapor that never ends. Heater keeps up and all. Great affordable vaporizer.

Edit: I realize there's been issues with the mouthpiece that it comes with. However this company has been doing a damn good job of replacing the ones that has had issues. IMO.

xlr8shun

Trying to decide if I should take this deal to have a cheap vape for friends who are willing to convert but don't want to spend the money. Would be an easy gift ... hmmm

I agree w/ @Cheesequake .

I wouldnt give this to a newb, just because they may get a bad taste in their mouth (no pun intended) breaking in this vape in the begining with the whole top cap thing (agaun, no pun intended)

If you want to mod a crafty MP to use w it, then i would give it away in a heartbeat. If it had the stock v1 or v2 mouthpiece, i couldnt, w good conscience give this to someone else.

VaporBull

I have had my Vivant for a week now and I must say I love it.

The only thing I don't love about this vape is the beeping. It beeps when you turn it on then it beeps three times when it gets to temp then it beeps again when the time is up and it's not just one beep, each beep is two beeps like a heart beat, that's just too much beeping to me. I still love this vape I just wish it didn't beep so much.
Wow...I was just mulling one because Puffitup has them on sale. But one of MAJOR needs in a portable vape is privacy. There is no way to disable it?

VaporBull,

djchexxx

Wow...I was just mulling one because Puffitup has them on sale. But one of MAJOR needs in a portable vape is privacy. There is no way to disable it?
You can completely disable the beep. I like to have it on low so when im watching a show i dont completely forget about it heating up.

PIU is out of stock right now

Top Bottom