Vito's Exotic MFLB Stem Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitolo

Vaporist
CONTEST TIME
Sponsored by
Vitolo the Vaporist
All of you know I am a fanatic when it comes to my Magic Flight Launch Box.
I have been accused of being even a bigger fanatic when it comes to dressing my boxes up.
I love Ed's TNT MFLB Wooden Stems, and decided to share the love this holiday season. and I am going to do so in two ways. I am going to boastfully show off my personal collection, and at the same time, I am going to have a contest
This is a 4 part contest.
All 4 questions must be answered!
1- The first picture is my personal collection.
You must name each wood in order from left to right.
2- Look at the second picture. How many wooden Stems are there?
3- How many of the stems in picture 2 are Hawaiian Koa?
4- How many stems are Tiger Maple?
DSC00866.jpg

DSC00885-1.jpg

Winner will be announced on Dec 17 along with correct answers.
1st correct set of answers gets:
a pair - a Matching Exotic wood long and short stem
(I did not say which so I don't "skew" the logic factor while you look at the photos)
*In the case of an EXACT tie (correct answers/identical email post time)
I will give the prize to both!

Vitolo,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
my god vitolo. i was literally just looking at Ed's TnT website drooling in jealousy wishing i had one of the stems for my MFLB, only to come here and see you post this! what a great collection. i want pretty bad but limited by my college student budget :p ill probably be entering this contest after i get back from my final exam today lol. just out of curiosity, which is your favorite stem taste wise? or any category while we're at it haha.

HighlyEducatedScholar,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Vito, you amaze me. You give so much to this forum and now this. What a lovely collection you've amassed! Those pics are a real tribute to Ed's work.

momofthegoons,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Vito is the MAN!!! He does so much for this forum as well as all the MMJ patients he comes in contact with. He is a great guy to know and I am very fortunate to and so are we are all here at FC. He does a hellova lot more for me than I do for him that is for sure! Thanks for doing this contest Vito and I am sure you will make some lucky people very happy with all those goodies!

Ed's TnT,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I rotate the stems, as the mood strikes me, but I have found favorites.
I love the feel of the ebony on my lips... very smooth, and the Cocobolo feels like glass.
The Koa has a soft papery feel, that is very pleasant on the lips.....
BUT ... you wanted to know about taste.... essence!
The essences....... I find that the bloodwood is crisp and sharp.. a flavor unimpeded by anything.
The Koa softens flavors, and makes them gentle.
My favorite is the Walnut for flavor.. (a warm soft familiar flavor).
I like the cherry for neutrality and stealth....
The flavor is neutral but woody.. and it is basically the color of skin.. or close enough to be stealthy.. in that it does not reflect that "glint' of light as does the glass tube!

Vitolo,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Vitolo said:
I rotate the stems, as the mood strikes me, but I have found favorites.
I love the feel of the ebony on my lips... very smooth, and the Cocobolo feels like glass.
The Koa has a soft papery feel, that is very pleasant on the lips.....
BUT ... you wanted to know about taste.... essence!
The essences....... I find that the bloodwood is crisp and sharp.. a flavor unimpeded by anything.
The Koa softens flavors, and makes them gentle.
My favorite is the Walnut for flavor.. (a warm soft familiar flavor).
I like the cherry for neutrality and stealth....
The flavor is neutral but woody.. and it is basically the color of skin.. or close enough to be stealthy.. in that it does not reflect that "glint' of light as does the glass tube!

Wow such a wonderful description of each Vito, I am very impressed with your findings, thank you for posting this here, I am sure your words will help many people make an informed decision.

Ed's TnT,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Besides the actual "sensations"... or taste subtleties (which abound... I assure you)... and besides the fashion statement that each stem can make.......
and perhaps more important-
.... is how each stem makes you feel about yourself.
having a collection is fun, and does fill certain emotional pockets...
but each stem can provoke an emotional and unique response from the user! :peace:

Vitolo,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
well just emailed my submission. not sure if i got a single question right lol. regardless, great contest vitolo.

HighlyEducatedScholar,

Vitolo

Vaporist
If nobody gets it ALL.... the best answer (even partial) will win....
I made it difficult because I wanted it to be a REAL challange...
but somebody is going to win!

Vitolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Contest is done.
Out of 20 entries......
2 people got portions correct. :o
Both of these people are now winners and will be sent an Ed's Wooden MFLB stem! :D

HighlyEducatedScholar is one of these people... I am waiting email confirmation for the FC avatar name to announce the other person.
The answers are:
DSC00866-1.jpg

7 are Koa
7 are Tiger Maple
DSC00885.jpg

I sure had fun doing this... and I hope it was a fun set of pictures to look at if nothing else!

Vitolo,

Ed's TnT

Woodsman
Manufacturer
Vitolo said:
Contest is done.
Out of 20 entries......
2 people got portions correct. :o
Both of these people are now winners and will be sent an Ed's Wooden MFLB stem! :D

HighlyEducatedScholar is one of these people... I am waiting email confirmation for the FC avatar name to announce the other person.
The answers are:
http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m580/VitoloVaporizes/DSC00866-1.jpg
7 are Koa
7 are Tiger Maple
http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m580/VitoloVaporizes/DSC00885.jpg
I sure had fun doing this... and I hope it was a fun set of pictures to look at if nothing else!

Congratulations to the winners, hope you all enjoy em. I bet you did have a good time Vito, I appreciate what you do for everyone here at FC, you are the MAN!

Ed's TnT,

Vitolo

Vaporist
HighlyEducatedScholar .....
I await an email from you, giving me a place to send your prize.
(I am going to be giving you a few choices at that time!)

Vitolo,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
Vitolo!i'm really sorry i was not able to check FC because i've been with my girlfriend for her birthday all weekend. I just sent you an email with my address Thanks a lot for this.

HighlyEducatedScholar,

Vitolo

Vaporist
Thanks HighlyEducated!
I just was in touch with you.
Your Koa MFLB stem is on it's way!

Vitolo,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
im very excited to get this new stem and try it out :D i've been secretly wanting one for a while now and i can finally have one thanks to you vitolo!

HighlyEducatedScholar,
Stupid of me for not participating, I absolutely knew which of those stems were maple and purpleheart at the very least! Maple is one of the palest woods commonly used and purpleheart is, well, purple! Oh well.

It's awesome that you'd have a contest out of your personal collection of stems Vito, much respect. One of these days when I have something cool to offer I'll do the same.

charliedontsurf,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom