Venus Vaporizer

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Its been around for 3 years Egzoset.

Understand what I'm getting at ?

This isn't a prototype this is what it is.

The "if only" it was a different vaporizer posts just seem odd and unproductive,
But that is just my opinion. :2c:

I really wanted good reviews from you all that just picked a Venus on this side of the pond because I am putting away some cash so I could pick one up later in the summer.

Hope everyone gets theirs up and running properly.

:peace:

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Rude Boy,

Its been around for 3 years...

Well, don't you think i know already? Unless you failed to notice my previous posts here...

Anyway, what sort of arguments is that? Please feel free to justify your love for robo-fart and all if you must but there's no need for this much extravaganza! I could name another brand/model which has lots more commercial success and yet it's been around displaying the very same syndrome, though that's not going to suffice if you think i can be converted to such bizare religion: e.g. electronics ventilation performed by the owner's lungs!!

Sorry, i don't satisfy as easily as you do it seems.

Now, you can focus on me and turn ME into the thread's subject but that's only noise. I still notice the manufacturer refuses to talk to me and that alone was enough learning i believe...

In any case, would you care to tell me how you learned that the conceptual defect which i've refered to just can't be fixed???

Or briefly put, why do you oppose with personal attacks to the prospect of improving the Venus?...

:peace:

Egzoset,

meduser#420

Fear & Loathing in FuckCombustion
I've been looking at the Venus and see a few flaws that could really make this vape BOMB!

Isolate the air input and create a new way to interface the user. I think some custom glass mods could be made pretty easy. Luckily I live next to a lot of glass blowers/makers. It's been over 100deg here so I'm taking my time. I'm waiting for the replacement, should be here any day I think...

sdrsh

Gave it another shot, because I wanted it to work!

@mrweed the twister, as you described it, seems to lead into or come from (don't know) the LED-light behind the herb chamber.

this might be the issue with these units! Assuming that the LED is somehow connected to the electronics board in the front section(?), if this is not tight enough, one will suck air through the front panel into the unit through the LED light as well, resulting in diluted vapor and a weak experience. -edit: or the other way, one could suck out air through the LED-light's path as well, somehow getting pulled into the tubing. seems less likely to me though.

this is just speculation however, and I'll leave it up to the manufacturer to find out. I hope this is just a temporary issue. I still imagine a "proper" unit to give better performance than mine does. True, this vape might not be for everyone, for whatever reasons, but I can imagine that I would like it a lot if the vapor density and taste could be increased, or be leveled again with older units perhaps.

I was busy and haven't gotten in touch with Ville, but will very soon.

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
interesting! mine definitely ends in the little whole with the screen above on the other side of the herb chamber

mrweed,
Reactions: sdrsh

PPN

Volute of Vapor
I must to sent back my unit to VilleKille but I actually can't (I live very far of the first post office and I work) so I tried the unit a bit more and if the wood taste is less present when I start to vape it's definitly here after 3 or 4 hits... I would like to hear about the taste from others users, taste is it really clean? (cause I think the wood taste comes from a conception issue, the wood is too near of the heating element!)

About vapor production I tried to test another halogen bulb (2 comes with the unit)....without success, my Xp, Tv evo or FW are all more cloudy than the Venus I get! it medicates me, abv is well spent but it still miss the clouds (yes I know clouds are useless...but I like to see clouds!) and the taste issue(here it's usefull, everybody is agree, isn't it?)

I think I will be able to send it back to VillKille today, I didn't want a replacement unit cause I was afraid to get the same issue, but I would like it works! I prefer to wait Meduser and Sdrsh review about their replacement unit, if they told us replacement is a beast I'll consider to order a unit again....

mrweed

vaporizer review blogger
no wood taste/smell here from the beginning. did a longer burn off than 5minutes, though.
however, yours should be gone by now.

does usps not offer to pick up a package at your office?!

mrweed,
Reactions: sdrsh

sdrsh

@PPN , my review of the replacement unit is a couple of posts above your most recent post.

summary: same issues as the original unit, just slightly better production, still almost no taste from the material in the herb chamber. got a refund and waiting for a shipping address to return the units.

I hope these issues are temporary and Ville and his company are able to take the "hit" and deliver again in the very near future. Haven't gotten a statement regarding the issues yet, maybe they are busy identifying the problems or I am a complete doofus and everything is working as intended, just not to my liking.

If it indeed is a temporary production issue however, I would like to present my support with the company, even in monetary ways, for instance to pay for the unit again and so they have "liquid" funds to reproduce the quality product they originally had. There won't be posts from my side in this thread until new things to talk about emerge, for instance a new review by a member, as I don't want to keep giving the Venus Vaporizer negative publicity by talking about defunct units.

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Ok, i didn't understood it was your replacement unit review...

I didn't get any answer about the return adress too and I already get refund, I told him I'm ok to pay it again and wait for a working unit cause I contacted Venus owners and they assure me this vape must to be a beast... but no answer at this time....I think he is really busy to try to fix issues!

I hope the better for the next weeks!

Ratatosk

Snouffelaire curieux
Hi everybody

I would like to know how long did it take for you to receive your Venus, after ordering, please ?

I ordered and payed the 21th July, but since this moment, no more news from VS Products and no answers from them, by email or contact form on their website...

Sunday 27th July I received this automatic email :
"Your order has been updated to the following status:
Complete…
"
But no other answer or delivery.

What do you think ?

Thank you very much.

Ratatosk,

grokit

well-worn member
Ask for tracking, and if no answer hopefully you get it or you paid with paypal.

grokit,

sdrsh

@Ratatosk if they shipped it on the 27th you'll probably receive it by next week. Took about a week and a half to get across Europe for me.
I wouldn't be worried about your money, VS has done outstanding customer support and communication until about a month and a half ago.

Has anybody else been in contact or doing business with VS since June 15th? After getting a refund for the malfunctioning/unsatisfying units I haven't heard back from them. Two inquiries about the situation of the venus vape are still unanswered. What happened Ville?

I was hoping that the issue was a small one and that I could order another Venus within a month, but the lack of communication doesn't increase my hopes.

Ratatosk

Snouffelaire curieux
Hi Grokit & Sdrsh
Thank you for your answers and advices.
I received an email from VS Products yesterday :

"Hello,
I'm very sorry that You have had no reply for your messages and a long wait
like this! It's been the vacation time here in Finland and there's been very
little activity during the past two weeks because of that. Our people just
got back to work and it's estimated that all pending orders will be shipped
on Monday. It should arrive quickly!"

I Hope I Will receive a good working Venus :-)

sdrsh

Good news! Please let us know how your Venus performs once you get it!

sdrsh,
Reactions: btka

Lemon Curry?

Have Bud, Will Travel
The heating element stopped working. Changing the halogen bulb didn't work, so I emailed Ville if they'd do a maintenance check-up. Even though it's already 15 months since I bought my Venus, he still promised to fix it free of charge - he'll even comp the postage.

Now _that's_ customer service :D

villekille2

Manufacturer
Sorry all for not updating anything for a long time. Changed some things. Since November 2014 Venus Vaporizers have been equipped with a second generation Halogen heating element. This change was to fix some unreliability problems with the old heating element and bulbs, and to fix airflow problems and to give better tasting vapors and stronger vapors too.

The change has been that we have got manufactured for us special model of halogen bulbs which compared to old ones, are much bigger and have 300% more glass area to heat up air, much stronger connectors to have higher reliability, the heating element stainless steel tube it has more mass and it's longer. And the airflow capacity has been more than doubled, so when the user inhales from the vaporizer, the air will come trough the heating element much more easily whereas before the higher resistance to airflow caused air to travel also from another places where it was more easy. So instead of finding out ways to make everything air tight, we decided to make it more powerful and to increase the airflow capacity of the heating element so that most air comes trough the heating element and vapor is more concentrated.

villekille2

Manufacturer
And turned out that one of the smallest and an inexpensive part was behind many of our troubles, the ceramic holder of halogen bulb in the heating element.

Our products have been running well since the official launch in 2012 and I haven't heard of troubles with earlier units which have been in use already 3 years, but later at some point we got similar looking ceramic lamp holders from another supplier, and it was impossible to know it then that these were not of similar quality.

So certain percentage of these holders started to fail and lose contact to the bulb, sometimes already after first uses, and it was hard to understand how some customers said that vapors are not strong when so many others praise it as well as all the reviews.

So it was difficult times for us to realize this and fix all vaporizers with this problem, since it requires complete rebuild of the unit with shipping. But thanks to this, we found a solution, and not only changed to the highest quality lamp holder available, but also upgraded the whole heating element in many ways so that will be no more problems and also this made the vaporizer even stronger product than it was.

The larger heating element and bulb, the heating element provides even more even stream of hot air to pass trough the herb chamber and the hottest point of bulb stays farther from the herb so it is less likely to fry lowest parts of herb in the chamber even when herb is very dry and too much power used. And because air flows more easily trough it, and with more heat capacity in the bigger heating element, it naturally provides capacity for even stronger vapors with full chambers. Generally it is a nice upgrade, but the way for us to get there was stressful and for this reason also I was not active on this site. Since November 2014 we have had this upgraded element in production. Also the bulbs seem to be more strong, since I haven't seen yet any bulb spare part orders for them!

btka

@villekille2

Sounds good ... i was very interrested in this vape... but then later i read people complaining... good to hear that you could solve the problems...

Is there a difference regarding performance between the pocket pot vape and venus... is the venus because of bigger battery more powerfull... or are they the same...

And if they are different will there be a special offer if you buy both the venus and pocket pot...

If there are differnces in perfomance what are they... (vapor output density, taste, efficency and so on...)

Last edited:

kushkush

happy camper....
If a person buys a Venus today, there's no chance they'll get an 'old' model is there? Did everybody die off here?

Where is everybody? I'd like to see some reviews on the new Venus before I buy one and would really appreciate hearing from anybody that's got one.

kushkush,

nkotb

Back in April and May, I'd corresponded with @villekille2 about ordering. He went missing before I was able to complete my order.
It looks like he hasn't been on FC in a while, and I haven't been able to get in touch through email, either. I hope we'll see him back though; I was really looking forward to this one (as well as the PocketPot)

nkotb,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

kushkush

happy camper....
Thank you for that information. So now my imagination is running wild. Why would anyone 'go missing' from a successful endeavor unless it's a one-man operation and he up and passed away? This is a real mystery.

kushkush,
Top Bottom