VAS Experts - help needed

GoldenBud

Flowerpot is way overhyped imo. A sticky brick or pyro would be good.
I agree so much. a PIRO and a Dynavap M, some torches, probably a Ti tip too, A BUBBLER OFC... can make you REALLY medicated with the right torches like the most of them Desktops.
if you handle them right, you won't need any other device

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
I can honestly say my TM VAS was satiated with better DV performance. I got a bit concerned with the TM vape path and decided basic is simple is safe. I can rip on vapcaps all day and don't feel I've put any effort in. Even a gram-a-day can disappear faster than I want it to through a vapcap.

But this is about VAS. My VAS gets satisfied with vape related DIY projects. Build a better vape than the TM. I promise you, you'll be busy for quite some time!
I am trying to get into 510 mods for this reason just to satisfy vas. If you are trying combat vas don't read any more of this thread with all the suggestions in here. My cart in the shop is piled high just reading all the good vapes being named here. You can get all the best vapes (imo TM, Tetrap80, and FP) n still find more things to buy. My best performer right now is my TM, I'm really digging my musa 510. They fit all my needs n couldn't want more, but I still do haha. So I've decided to just dig into 510 diy, so instead of "I want to buy another vape" maybe it can be "I need to tweak/rebuild/ or build a new coil or heater design".
Wire and what not seems a lot cheaper than 300 every few weeks haha. I swear I will get into 510 a lot more... after... I get my FP, p80, and a vapbong.... haha vas is a bitch

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
see your IQ striked out, vote against? I have an IQ2 enroute

From my understanding the IQ2 fixed a lot of the issues from the OG IQ, so hopefully a lot of the listed issues wont apply to you! Personally I can't make the same complaints about my IQ 2.

Yeah, for me butane is all about the sticky brick type design originated by triihouse, sure there is lotus and vapman for some unique experiences, aside from vapcap which I just am not as enthusiastic about like so many others here lol

But yeah I would highly recommend getting on Alan's list for a heat island, it is a top-tier log vape and will give you a year or so before you have to worry about buying it! Then you can get something very fancy and it would be a nice compliment, stem-based artisan woodcraft desktop!

Also RBT Splinter and Milaana are also worthwhile companions to the Tetra, Nomad, to grow your glass stem wood body pure convection on demand collection from the TM... also MistVape Imp @VaporWare he is working on the Pulse to succeed MVT.

And yeah I'll second the VapBong for sure! A really great VAS addition to anyone's collection imo

I'd probably go for a sticky brick over a DV personally. The design/aesthetics are more up my alley from what I've noticed casually looking at them. I'm definitely about to go check out Alan's heat islands though.

I had RBT Spliner/Milaana on my list but I got kind of sketched out because I wasnt sure what was going on with them, I thought I saw that they weren't making any more. I just went to their website and it says RIP RBT, I have no idea what open source is... sounds complicated though lol.

510 Mods, especially if you like to tinker, I'm sure are great vapes and fun to build. Just a bit too involved for me. Thats a rabbit hole I dont need to go down lol

shopdognyc

I keep reading VAS, what is that, then caught myself last night with it haha.

I think I’m covered with portables and started thinking I need a desktop. My contenders were Plenty or Ditanium.

While beautiful, voted out the D, and now considering a Sticky Brick. Now which one of the group?

Thinking Runt or Junior, but what about OH and Hydro Max? So will be two of the four haha.

shopdognyc

I've been leaning towards that, but since a home piece, going back and forth on OG.

Since I wanted a desktop looking at the Plenty or Ditanium, the Hydro Maxx is next after throwing in some time with my first Sticky Brick.

There been votes on getting the Junior with a Runt mouthpiece. Still a vote on the Runt?

shopdognyc,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
From my understanding the IQ2 fixed a lot of the issues from the OG IQ, so hopefully a lot of the listed issues wont apply to you! Personally I can't make the same complaints about my IQ 2.

I'd probably go for a sticky brick over a DV personally. The design/aesthetics are more up my alley from what I've noticed casually looking at them. I'm definitely about to go check out Alan's heat islands though.

I had RBT Spliner/Milaana on my list but I got kind of sketched out because I wasnt sure what was going on with them, I thought I saw that they weren't making any more. I just went to their website and it says RIP RBT, I have no idea what open source is... sounds complicated though lol.

510 Mods, especially if you like to tinker, I'm sure are great vapes and fun to build. Just a bit too involved for me. Thats a rabbit hole I dont need to go down lol

Planetvape has splinters in stock, and to be clear there is zero building involved, also no need to tinker with the mod... It is designed to work with any mod in wattage mode, if you desire temp control that is a little more involved however, but still not a big deal at all I discovered... Anyway RBT also has Milaana2 and Milaana3 built and ready to sell, so I think the website will become active again soon enough since no one has been coming through to help out (only backing out). They are such great vapes, that's why I think it's worth it despite any potential warranty issues, when taken care of there is nothing to go wrong with them anyway!

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Planetvape has splinters in stock, and to be clear there is zero building involved, also no need to tinker with the mod... It is designed to work with any mod in wattage mode, if you desire temp control that is a little more involved however, but still not a big deal at all I discovered... Anyway RBT also has Milaana2 and Milaana3 built and ready to sell, so I think the website will become active again soon enough since no one has been coming through to help out (only backing out). They are such great vapes, that's why I think it's worth it despite any potential warranty issues, when taken care of there is nothing to go wrong with them anyway!

No I know that the Milaanas and splinters dont need building, I was referring to the 510 mods @iDRINKBLEACH and @TommyDee were talking about. Should have thrown a quote in from one of them to clarify!

Well, now I have to re consider the M3 - great lol.

Funny, I start a thread to narrow down a direction, thinking I have things semi-figured out...only to find out that was a complete fantasy :lol: I've added quite a few to my list and have to start the sorting process all over again. This forum is a blessing and a curse.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
For balls the the wall vaping or super low temp taste a Flowerpot is hard to beat, the heater never comes in contact with the bud and requires zero maintenance and the bowl is super easy to clean. If you want even bigger hits than your tinymight with full extraction as idiot proof as a couple slow breaths and a little simple easy stirring you want a Flowerpot.

@shopdognyc Flowerpot over the Ditanium all day! Ditanium was my DD for a year before my Weedeater, you get so much more vapour with so much less bud it's criminal.

shopdognyc

@Bad Dog took another look at the FP and it looks serious. Still want a Sticky Brick but this looks like it would do the job of a desktop I've been looking for. Thank you!

Bad Dog

@shopdognyc Flowerpot is one of the easiest vaping experiences I’ve ever had. Sticky brick is supposed to be quite the heavy hitter but will require a lot more technique than a flowerpot, flame size, distance, breath, with or without restricter disk ext just be sure you can reliably get good quality butane, the best I can find in Ontario is 5x which might be ok but would much rather have something better and all the vape shops have been sold out since the pandemic. But I’m pretty sure you already have a dynavap and if you pick up a wpa and induction heater you can get desktop level performance by doing a monster hit mode. It requires a little technique but isn’t that hard.

shopdognyc

@Bad Dog Thanks for your skills. Have not seen anyone take an IH upside down and heat up their Dynavap like that. My clumsy self would probably break something.

The FP is now on my list. Thank you for opening my eyes. I've seen it in passing and have dismissed it just from thinking a lot more was involved. Plenty may be in for me later, but the Ditanium is out for me.

I am looking to get the Sticky Brick Runt and look into the FP more. New Vape has a lot of options just got to find what makes sense or works for me. I'd be the type to just get the deluxe kit, but I can probably make this happen with some bare bones choices.

Appreciate it.

shopdognyc,

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
For balls the the wall vaping or super low temp taste a Flowerpot is hard to beat, the heater never comes in contact with the bud and requires zero maintenance and the bowl is super easy to clean. If you want even bigger hits than your tinymight with full extraction as idiot proof as a couple slow breaths and a little simple easy stirring you want a Flowerpot.

@shopdognyc Flowerpot over the Ditanium all day! Ditanium was my DD for a year before my Weedeater, you get so much more vapour with so much less bud it's criminal.

The flower pot looks really interesting. I'm finishing my basement (its currently gutted - going to make it a nice finished room/rooms) and my plan is use it as a man cave type set up, so thats where my desktop choice/log vapes are going to come into play. Luckily, I have plenty of time until I can think about setting up a vape station down there. Your description makes it sound like a serious contender... I'll have to do some digging lol

Bad Dog

@shopdognyc I'd still probably go Ditanium over plenty because it's more versatile being able to use concentrate quite ably and the plenty's max temperature of 420 but I'm not sure it goes past 410. My major qualm with large load vapes is how quickly flavour drops off leaving you with a bland bowl to finish off. I'd much rather have a few good tasting Flowerpot bowls than 1 big Ditanium bowl. The Ditanium concentrate use is its saving grace for me as I like to be able to have the odd dab day and I love how well I can micro dose shatter all day whenever the mood strikes because you can leave it on all day. And I still think the Ditanium is a attractive looking unit.

Okla68

I guess I didn’t do enough to sell the FlowerPot when I brought it up before, but it’s a lot more simple than it looks and it’s one of the best desktops out there. :)
Damn its Expensive tho ! But, I guess not as expensive as a SERIOUS bout of VAS !!

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
I guess I didn’t do enough to sell the FlowerPot when I brought it up before, but it’s a lot more simple than it looks and it’s one of the best desktops out there. :)

To be fair, you also touched on some other excellent vapes... basically everything you mentioned, I took a quick look at to verify and they all went on my list as a potential candidate to include the FP. I even put some *** next to it to highlight it for a serious look

Bad Dog

Don't take it personally I'm just the guy who steered him toward the tinymight which he loves. You couldn't be more right about how simple it is. Just a heater, a bowl, a bong, together they make a vape. All with easily simple maintenance to keep in pristine condition. Able to micro dose .04 in the glass bowl but can easily hold .1, .15 in the titanium. Can throughly extract any consistency bud from fine to course, which means your load size can vary from my numbers (I'm a light course myself) and unless you're micro dosing .04 you really can't outlast that first hit, you will die before the bowl gives way. It truly is a wonderfully satisfying vape :love:

Tiny88

Deluxe420
You should really consider what experience you are seeking... each vape has its pros and cons. Check out my line up, I love every single one of the vapes I own (maybe not the Grasshopper as it is in RMA heaven at the moment)... and they all provide me with different form and function and vaping ritual. However, some like the Vaponic and maybe even the Vapman has a bit of a learning curve, and therefore I would not recommend to someone new to flame powered vapes.

Vaporware

Damn its Expensive tho ! But, I guess not as expensive as a SERIOUS bout of VAS !!

It can get expensive if you want everything, but if you already have your own glass the only requirements are:

1. Controller and coil (if you have a 20mm barrel coil it may already fit).

2. Head (WeedEater or ShowerHead if you only want to use flower - that saves a little compared to the VRod).

3. Bowl (The titanium bowls are great and will last a lifetime, but the glass bowls are cheaper and also work great, just a bit different).

4. Stand (you can substitute thing that can take high heat - even a ceramic mug or something will work).

I also like having a handle, but you can make one pretty easily if you don’t want to buy theirs. A few extra screens are also good to have just in case, but everything else is pretty optional.

If you add up the required stuff, factor in a discount code or wait for a sale, and the price is pretty reasonable compared to other quality desktops or even portables. :)

@Bad Dog I didn’t really take it personally; I was mostly joking, but I did feel like maybe I should have said more about the FP when I mentioned it before. On the other hand, I sometimes feel like I push my favorites *too* hard... :sherlock:

Bad Dog

@Bad Dog I didn’t really take it personally; I was mostly joking, but I did feel like maybe I should have said more about the FP when I mentioned it before. On the other hand, I sometimes feel like I push my favorites *too* hard... :sherlock:
I was only rattling your chain a little myself 😜 I think all we can do is champion our favourites and let people decide on what advice to take

Top Bottom