VAS Experts - help needed

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Hey guys, starting this thread for no other reason than to scratch my VAS itch.

I have the DaVinci IQ2 and the TinyMight currently. TM shelved the IQ2 since it showed up in the mail...I have to figure out a way to get it back into rotation. Or I'll just use it for the sake of variety, but I love the TM. As much as I love it, and I have no real complaints, I do like options - so I'm trying to figure out what else I could get that would give me a similar satisfaction. The good thing is I dont feel like I'm missing out on any performance at all, so I'm in no rush to buy the next one. Missing performance is what led me to the TM after only a few weeks of owning my first vape, the IQ2. Now its just a curiosity thing to try others.

So, I'm trying to keep my next vape in the back of my head. Mostly because I was looking at more of the small batch artisan style stuff that will take a while to get my hands on. What do you guys think would be a good addition to the line up?

I am relatively new to vaping, with the two mentioned being my only experience. Basically I'm looking for something similar to the performance of the TM, but just different. I like the ease of use, design, performance...basically everything about it. So where do I go from here?

For example at the top of my list currently I have the Tetra P80 and The Nomad II. I just clicked through the Firewood 7 thread which looks cool too. For a change of pace, I'd also consider a desktop vape but I basically know nothing about them. I put the Flower Pot WeedEater and the Arizer Extreme Q on my list, just as a starting point to check into further. As well as log vapes. What are those? Should I be looking at log vapes? Based on my taste for portables, the TM, P80, Nomad - is there desktop equivalents?

I obviously dont mind a wait, or trying to get on a list, jump on a drop, etc. IF its worth it. Some things I'm unsure of, like how I'll like an unregulated heater vs an easily controllable regulated one. I'm not crazy about the mod set ups, I dont think they're really for me. I know the P80 is a "mod" but it comes all packaged together and ready to go, rather than me trying to piece together one myself. I'm still not sure I understand how the mods work either, but thats another story.

Oh, I'm not really looking for anything butane powered either!

Thanks for any advice/pointing me in the right direction!

ginolicious

Your Davinci is taking a back seat because you are all excited for the tiny might. I do that all the time with my new vapes. Mind you though. Go long enough without using the older vapes and when you use them you’ll appreciate how much you likes them. Happened with me and my Flowermate cap and Haze Dual V3. Not to mention I been vaping bags all week from my vapir rise 2.0

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
Hmmm, wouldn't look at the Nomad or the P80 if I were you; they are marvelous devices (at least I guess so, don't own those two myself), but technically they are pretty close to the TM (you know... stem based portable vapes).

The VapBong is an incredible device if you're looking for a mindblowing desktop experience.

Why no butane? You are so missing out. Dynavap is such a nice rabbit hole to jump into. :-) (Just saying.)

Last edited:

Vaporware

If you want to buy more I think you’re on the right track. If you find yourself liking the IQ2 more than the TM at some point you may want to look at more options with conduction heaters, but those are some of the best convection vaporizers our there and my favorites. :)

Logs are worth a look too, and the Li’l Bud and Li’l Bud/Timber Elite are other portables in a similar vein. They use heaters from Alan who makes Heat Island logs/etc. The Milaana, MVT if it’s still being made and maybe a few others I’m forgetting are also worth checking out.

On the desktop front the Herborizer and a couple of discontinued products like the Glass Symphony and G43 and the upcoming InVerzion (which should be similar and possibly better) and probably others are worth a look.

The Nomad and FlowerPot would be my top 2 choices, but it is true that the TM has a lot of similarities to the Nomad (and some significant differences) if that matters to you.

Oh, and I do agree VapCaps are fun and nice to have, I just wouldn’t choose them over my convection stuff for most purposes. Still glad to have them though!

Vapcaps are always fun. If you don't want butane, I think you're on the right track with some of the vapes you listed. For portables, get on the list for a Nomad, maybe try to snag a P80 in a future drop. I do think those portables will be fairly similar to the TM experience, though.

If you want something different, desktops can offer a lot. Logs are great and there's multiple choices in that category. I like the Vapbong suggestion, certainly one of the more unique vapes around. If you want a big hitter, vapes like the Flowerpot warrant consideration as well.

Okla68

Vapcaps are always fun. If you don't want butane, I think you're on the right track with some of the vapes you listed. For portables, get on the list for a Nomad, maybe try to snag a P80 in a future drop. I do think those portables will be fairly similar to the TM experience, though.

If you want something different, desktops can offer a lot. Logs are great and there's multiple choices in that category. I like the Vapbong suggestion, certainly one of the more unique vapes around. If you want a big hitter, vapes like the Flowerpot warrant consideration as well.
You Absolutely can Not go Wrong with a E-NANO !!! TOP OF THE LINE CONVECTION LOG VAPE !

VAS is Real tho...That Never Ending search for the Perfect Vape !
Ghost MV1
Dynavap 2017OG(glass)
Dynavap 2020M
E-Nano
Airvape XS
Airvape X
Airvape Legacy
And this is just the Flower vapes Ive acquired in the past 2+ years during that search !

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Your Davinci is taking a back seat because you are all excited for the tiny might. I do that all the time with my new vapes. Mind you though. Go long enough without using the older vapes and when you use them you’ll appreciate how much you likes them. Happened with me and my Flowermate cap and Haze Dual V3. Not to mention I been vaping bags all week from my vapir rise 2.0

You're probably right about the new vs old excitement. I can't say for sure though. I loved the IQ2 when I first got it, but I pretty quickly figured out that it wasnt *exactly* what I was looking for in a vape and there were a few obvious short comings that I wanted to address. Basically it turns out that I was looking for an on-demand convection vape from the start. I kind of knew that, but didn't seeing as I didnt have any prior vape experience, I didn't really understand the difference between something like the IQ2 and something like the TM until I actually got my hands on both. The IQ2 is still a great vape IMO, but the TM just seems to suit my wants/needs/habits a lot better. I had actually looked at the TM before ordering the IQ2, but I was being really impatient and didn't want to wait. I am glad I have both now though - and have acquired some new stuff to hopefully improve the IQ2 experience once I get around to bringing it back out.

Hmmm, wouldn't look at the Nomad or the P80 if I were you; they are marvelous devices (at least I guess so, don't own those two myself), but technically they are pretty close to the TM (you know... stem based portable vapes).

The VapBong is an incredible device if you're looking for a mindblowing desktop experience.

Why no butane? You are so missing out. Dynavap is such a nice rabbit hole to jump into. :-) (Just saying.)

Honestly I just really like the on demand stem based convection of the TM and wanted to check out some similar options, visually the P80 and Nomad really do it for me and I would like to own one. I see what you mean about being very similar, functionally speaking, which is okay with me, but also why I would consider a desktop for something different.

Thanks for the reminder on the VapBong. I clicked through that thread a while back and I was pretty interested in that also. Hmm..

I figured I'd stay away from butane for now. I can't say exactly why. It just doesn't interest me as much as the other vaping options. I'm sure down the line I would get one to try out, but not really looking at them right now. I'm just really fascinated by the vapes similar to what I've listed.

If you want to buy more I think you’re on the right track. If you find yourself liking the IQ2 more than the TM at some point you may want to look at more options with conduction heaters, but those are some of the best convection vaporizers our there and my favorites. :)

Logs are worth a look too, and the Li’l Bud and Li’l Bud/Timber Elite are other portables in a similar vein. They use heaters from Alan who makes Heat Island logs/etc. The Milaana, MVT if it’s still being made and maybe a few others I’m forgetting are also worth checking out.

On the desktop front the Herborizer and a couple of discontinued products like the Glass Symphony and G43 and the upcoming InVerzion (which should be similar and possibly better) and probably others are worth a look.

The Nomad and FlowerPot would be my top 2 choices, but it is true that the TM has a lot of similarities to the Nomad (and some significant differences) if that matters to you.

Oh, and I do agree VapCaps are fun and nice to have, I just wouldn’t choose them over my convection stuff for most purposes. Still glad to have them though!

Thanks for the suggestions! I just pulled up the InVerzion thread, going to click through that. The similarities between the Nomad and TM wouldnt bother me, I like that type of vape which is why I'd be totally fine with getting another one thats similar in function - the same reason I am okay with a long wait. It's not like I'm waiting for something TOTALLY new and exciting, but rather reinforcing my line up with more great vapes. Helps to have a good back up anyway in case the TM goes down.

ginolicious

If you want on demand convection. Don’t mind stirring every few hits, the firefly 2+ is an amazing device. I love mine. I get some really powerful hits from it. Especially the first few hits.

ginolicious,
Reactions: arb

Tiny88

Deluxe420
Hey guys, starting this thread for no other reason than to scratch my VAS itch.

I have the DaVinci IQ2 and the TinyMight currently. TM shelved the IQ2 since it showed up in the mail...I have to figure out a way to get it back into rotation. Or I'll just use it for the sake of variety, but I love the TM. As much as I love it, and I have no real complaints, I do like options - so I'm trying to figure out what else I could get that would give me a similar satisfaction. The good thing is I dont feel like I'm missing out on any performance at all, so I'm in no rush to buy the next one. Missing performance is what led me to the TM after only a few weeks of owning my first vape, the IQ2. Now its just a curiosity thing to try others.

So, I'm trying to keep my next vape in the back of my head. Mostly because I was looking at more of the small batch artisan style stuff that will take a while to get my hands on. What do you guys think would be a good addition to the line up?

I am relatively new to vaping, with the two mentioned being my only experience. Basically I'm looking for something similar to the performance of the TM, but just different. I like the ease of use, design, performance...basically everything about it. So where do I go from here?

For example at the top of my list currently I have the Tetra P80 and The Nomad II. I just clicked through the Firewood 7 thread which looks cool too. For a change of pace, I'd also consider a desktop vape but I basically know nothing about them. I put the Flower Pot WeedEater and the Arizer Extreme Q on my list, just as a starting point to check into further. As well as log vapes. What are those? Should I be looking at log vapes? Based on my taste for portables, the TM, P80, Nomad - is there desktop equivalents?

I obviously dont mind a wait, or trying to get on a list, jump on a drop, etc. IF its worth it. Some things I'm unsure of, like how I'll like an unregulated heater vs an easily controllable regulated one. I'm not crazy about the mod set ups, I dont think they're really for me. I know the P80 is a "mod" but it comes all packaged together and ready to go, rather than me trying to piece together one myself. I'm still not sure I understand how the mods work either, but thats another story.

Oh, I'm not really looking for anything butane powered either!

Thanks for any advice/pointing me in the right direction!

Hi There,

I am curious as to why you are not interested in butane powered vapes?

Flame powered vapes add another dimension to your vaping experience as your breath work determines the vapor quality. I have a lot of what I would call plug and play type of vapes (i.e DaVinci and TM), but once in a while I really enjoy sitting down and having a whole vaping ritual/experience... and any of the flamed powered vapes on FC will give you this amazing vaping journey.

Good luck your VAS has just begun...

shopdognyc

I'd vote for a butane powered vape. For me the process of learning or leveling up skills is fun, particularly with the Dynavap.

BrianTL

Westchester, NY
Hi There,

I am curious as to why you are not interested in butane powered vapes?

Flame powered vapes add another dimension to your vaping experience as your breath work determines the vapor quality. I have a lot of what I would call plug and play type of vapes (i.e DaVinci and TM), but once in a while I really enjoy sitting down and having a whole vaping ritual/experience... and any of the flamed powered vapes on FC will give you this amazing vaping journey.

Good luck your VAS has just begun...

Hey Tiny - I cant say for sure. I think part of it is convenience of a battery powered portable, and I'm also new to vaping and really liking what I have now. It's not that I'll want a butane vape, I'm sure I will somewhere down the line, but for right now the convenience of a plug and play type vape seems to have my attention. Eventually I'll explore that side of vaping but for the time being I havent really been paying too much attention to butane vapes.

Also, when I decide that I do want one, I feel like it's easy enough to get my hands on a dynavap or a sticky brick or something similar. When I'm seeing wait times that are in the ballpark of what I'm looking at for something like a P80 or Nomad, I just want to make sure I'm headed in the right direction with my choices. I dont mind hopping on a wait list for a while, as long as its worth the wait. That said - any butane vapes that have a long wait list I should be aware of? When the time comes, that would be good info to have as well.

You guys are really making me second guess my next decision... maybe I should be looking at a butane or looking more at a desk top. I still think I should have another on demand convection vape as a back up/supplement to the TM just in case something happens to it though... then maybe a butane or desktop after that...

Fuck VAS is a bitch.

BrianTL,
Reactions: Tiny88

shopdognyc

For me, I didn't like the Dynavap at first. I'd attribute that to not knowing how to use, so it was frustrating. I do grab for my other pieces, but when I just want to go for it, its what I've been grabbing. The investments can grow as you explore, but for just bare bones, its solid. I don't have knowledge or experience of the others, but I'll just throw my vote again.

Vaporware

@mccringleberry that is next on my list. Ditanium or the Plenty. Volcano for solo user too much?

I forget, did you need something that would not stand out? If you’re okay with the look I’d go with the FlowerPot over the Ditanium personally, but if you need to keep it less obvious and you don’t want to dismantle too much the Ditanium (or maybe even better a log) can be relatively inconspicuous.

The Plenty and Volcano are good too, and years ago the Volcano was seen as the best of the best, but I’m glad that I went with a FlowerPot instead. Particularly after watching the rollout of the Volcano Hybrid I’m not thrilled with S&B’s material choices (or aesthetics for the most part - the Volcano’s by far the best looking of the bunch I think), and I just generally think they’ve sat on their laurels for too long while others have caught up and passed them in a number of areas.

Skinku

see your IQ striked out, vote against? I have an IQ2 enroute
It was ok but it never convinced me, finally the seal on the top lid didn’t work and I couldn’t work out why.
The body got far too hot at higher temperatures, so much so that I was worried about the batteries and I bought a silicone skin.
That’s not good.
The bloody ball kept falling off.
The battery compartment lid closure was a pain
The combination of the seal being very unseallike and the ball once more rolling under the table made me snap the top off the fucker and chuck it in the bin.
Flavour was good but it just didn’t satisfy me.
I did buy the glass spacers which improved it but it felt like a lost cause, for me anyway.

Last edited:

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I can honestly say my TM VAS was satiated with better DV performance. I got a bit concerned with the TM vape path and decided basic is simple is safe. I can rip on vapcaps all day and don't feel I've put any effort in. Even a gram-a-day can disappear faster than I want it to through a vapcap.

But this is about VAS. My VAS gets satisfied with vape related DIY projects. Build a better vape than the TM. I promise you, you'll be busy for quite some time!

shopdognyc

It was ok but it never convinced me, finally the seal on the top lid didn’t work and I couldn’t work out why.
The body got far too hot at higher temperatures, so much so that I was worried about the batteries and I bought a silicone skin.
That’s not good.
The bloody ball kept falling off.
The battery compartment lid closure was a pain
The combination of the seal being very unseallike and the ball once more rolling under the table made me snap the top off the fucker and chuck it in the bin.
Flavour was good but it just didn’t satisfy me.
I did buy the glass spacers which improved it but it felt like a lost cause, for me anyway.

seemed you got all of the reasons people are againt the thing

shopdognyc,
  • Sad
Reactions: Skinku

Okla68

seemed you got all of the reasons people are againt the thing
A friend wanted to try my ENano, so, I told him to let me try his IQ...We swapped for a week....after 4 attempted sessions, I realized Why I Didnt buy one of these. I found it quite LACKING ALL AROUND !!!
I wouldn't take a Dozen IQ's for my Nano.
The esthetic's of it are great, the performance...NIL IMO !!!
In my world PERFORMANCE is what counts !!!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hey Tiny - I cant say for sure. I think part of it is convenience of a battery powered portable, and I'm also new to vaping and really liking what I have now. It's not that I'll want a butane vape, I'm sure I will somewhere down the line, but for right now the convenience of a plug and play type vape seems to have my attention. Eventually I'll explore that side of vaping but for the time being I havent really been paying too much attention to butane vapes.

Also, when I decide that I do want one, I feel like it's easy enough to get my hands on a dynavap or a sticky brick or something similar. When I'm seeing wait times that are in the ballpark of what I'm looking at for something like a P80 or Nomad, I just want to make sure I'm headed in the right direction with my choices. I dont mind hopping on a wait list for a while, as long as its worth the wait. That said - any butane vapes that have a long wait list I should be aware of? When the time comes, that would be good info to have as well.

You guys are really making me second guess my next decision... maybe I should be looking at a butane or looking more at a desk top. I still think I should have another on demand convection vape as a back up/supplement to the TM just in case something happens to it though... then maybe a butane or desktop after that...

Fuck VAS is a bitch.
OG Sticky Brick. Don't knock it til you try it!

Yeah, for me butane is all about the sticky brick type design originated by triihouse, sure there is lotus and vapman for some unique experiences, aside from vapcap which I just am not as enthusiastic about like so many others here lol

But yeah I would highly recommend getting on Alan's list for a heat island, it is a top-tier log vape and will give you a year or so before you have to worry about buying it! Then you can get something very fancy and it would be a nice compliment, stem-based artisan woodcraft desktop!

Also RBT Splinter and Milaana are also worthwhile companions to the Tetra, Nomad, to grow your glass stem wood body pure convection on demand collection from the TM... also MistVape Imp @VaporWare he is working on the Pulse to succeed MVT.

And yeah I'll second the VapBong for sure! A really great VAS addition to anyone's collection imo

Top Bottom