VaporWarez 3G Hands-Free Joint Size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeepCalm

Reindeer, reindeer, reindeer
If any of you 3G VW owners with the hands-free setup could let me know what the joint size is on the heater cover/whip, I would greatly appreciate it! I'm looking to make a hands-free gong vape (like the Herborizer), and the heater cover looks perfect for use as a "heat injector."

Thanks! :peace:

KeepCalm,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
18.8mm

:)

Cool idea, let us know how it goes.... hybrid glass covers can also be found (ground glass and hands free) if that helps.

They have holes in them too you know, right? I posted some pictures when I had to remove mine in the VaporWarez Owner thread (post #18).

SpiralArchitect,

KeepCalm

Sweet! Thank you! The holes will work just fine - I would have to puncture them in myself if they weren't there. Those pictures are ridiculously helpful.

Ordering now - thanks dude!

If anyone is curious, I'll be using a Roor carbon filter as the bowl. Should work pretty well I'm hoping. I'll post again as I make progress.

KeepCalm,

KeepCalm

I'll probably pick up a Hakko ceramic element connected to a rheostat. This is gonna be for a big ass vapor hookah.

KeepCalm,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Sounds awesome, can't wait to see it. Stoner ingenuity. :tup:

vtac,

KeepCalm

Won't be as pretty as an Herbo but I have high hopes for functionality :D

KeepCalm,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
KC - looking forward to it! I was thinking about replacing the glass sleeve on the VHW with the hands free heater cover on my SSV to see if I could get some gong action going. It's nice to know that if they offer a hand free, gong version of the VHW, you should be able to just swap out the current glass sleeve for a gong one, theoretically at least. Be sure to post up some pics of the vapor hookah, what a sweet idea!

stonemonkey55,

Sahara

That is such a good idea to use the carbon filter as the bowl KC. I have had the same idea as yours for a gong vape heat wand for a bong ever since I saw your vaborbonging topic. I couldn't figure out what to use as the bowl though. Brilliant!

Sahara,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
dude im loving this idea :o make sure your hakko doesn't break the glass////those suckers get HOT...defiantly need a temp controller :tup: hopefully the screens are kind yo you in that carbon filter

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

KeepCalm

Yep, the biggest problem I anticipate is removing the heater and the bowl after use to stir, clear, etc. They'll get hot and neither of the pieces I'll be using has a handle like the Herborizer equivalents do. Maybe I can weld some little glass handles on to each piece - we'll see!

Hennessy, I already use a Hakko element with a rheostat on my heat wand, no problems with breakage. If it gets too hot the weed starts to combust and you know to back the current off a bit. At the sweet spot for vapor the 60w element doesn't even really visibly glow unless the room is pitch black.

KeepCalm,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
if you try to weld an arm on the bowl be sure to weld it on the bowl NEVER ON THE GROUND JOINT , and also ...I know roor is pricey , search on ebay for glass ground joint , I pretty you'll find the same thing as roor made but way cheaper ...ho and finaly be sure to warm up the gong befor welding cause it will crack.

if you need help just poke me with a stick ;)

Clear_Dome,

KeepCalm

CD, thanks man! I will hit you up for sure if I end up having to attach some handles. I already have the roor a filter from my smoking days so I'm set there. :peace:

KeepCalm,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
Clear_Dome said:
if you try to weld an arm on the bowl be sure to weld it on the bowl NEVER ON THE GROUND JOINT , and also ...I know roor is pricey , search on ebay for glass ground joint , I pretty you'll find the same thing as roor made but way cheaper ...ho and finaly be sure to warm up the gong befor welding cause it will crack.

if you need help just poke me with a stick ;)
PRO^

so interesting to have such talent on FC

oh and the talent of all these homemade vaporizers :brow:

:peace: (loving it)

Hennessy1414,

KeepCalm

ALMOST ready to go... Stupid store was out of the Hakko I need, so as soon as I order that and wire it up i should be good to go. Also need to figure out an herborizer-like 18.8 mouthpiece so this thing can do double duty.

Here are some shots:

Vaporwarez heater cover in Roor cf
ss27xr9.jpg

ss28iq3.jpg

ss210mt3.jpg

Got a screen in there pretty easy
ss29fw3.jpg

Teaser of hookah I'm using :D :D :D
ss26kx3.jpg

KeepCalm,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
oh my god is that a roor hookah!???????????! :brow:

dude i hope she works for you...if the roor CF dont work...rig up some other shit

hell yeah rigging up a vape other than a lightbulb...we pro :ninja:

Hennessy1414,

KeepCalm

Ghetto pro! :ninja:

Honestly I have so much shit left over from smoking (bongs, hookah, etc.) that I just gotta do SOMETHING with it. My hands are itchy!

Edit:

If the Roor cf doesn't work (might have a big hot spot in the middle) I'll get an Ehle cf - more cylindrical and only like $25.

KeepCalm,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Hey KC, you should look into the EHLE barrel bowls, as well...it might do the job without the added down stem area?? I dunno, it'd be worth checking out I think. Might need the large size, but it'd probably still be cheaper than a CF. Actually, when I think about it, you might not even need the large size. They're all the same price anyway. I can try and find the specs if you like?

partially veiled,

KeepCalm

partially veiled said:
Hey KC, you should look into the EHLE barrel bowls, as well...it might do the job without the added down stem area?? I dunno, it'd be worth checking out I think. Might need the large size, but it'd probably still be cheaper than a CF. Actually, when I think about it, you might not even need the large size. They're all the same price anyway. I can try and find the specs if you like?
It wouldn't be hands-free then! Look at how the CF has a female joint at the top and a male at the bottom.

KeepCalm,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Hahahaha touche, my friend. I thought you were still using the SSV attachment, but I think I see now...I'll follow along then! Haha and props for finding uses for the old smoking apparatuses...I am also quite familiar with this "itch" you speak of...ya just GOTTA do something with that stuff :)

partially veiled,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
Carbon Filter. Ripped from EDIT:

The EHLE Active Carbon System Adaptor is suitable for both loose activated carbon stones as well as customary filter cartridges.

The activated carbon filters out many toxins and carcinogens as well as protecting the main bong chamber from unwanted dirt, ash and residue from the bowl.

Improve your smoke flavour and keep your bong clean and healthy with the EHLE Activated Carbon System.

or...you could vaporize. :D

Edit: I think I finally see what you're doing with this rig KC. This is slick man, I can't wait to see it up and running. I love that it's all DIY but it's so, so clean; haha way to go pot heads! We're No. 1! :ko:

partially veiled,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
SpiralArchitect said:
or...you could vaporize.
Yeah, fuck that mess. Thanks.
Yes, we all know where carbon filtration belongs in the Cannabis world...............but anyway, fuck combustion, and now back to the broadcast, already in progress.

partially veiled,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom