Vaporizer Theft - Caught on tape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truefreak

Part Time Vaporist
Saw this over at Boing Boing. Group of people distract a head shop cleark in New York and then steal several vaporizers.

Video

Truefreak,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Thats just fucked up though any way you slice it.

Its not like these fools are going to use them, or have any intention of making a 'healthier' choice. They are hot and they make $$$. Plus, somewhere in their little fucked up heads, what they are doing isn't "as bad" because they are stealing "potentially illegal" items.

These types of people need to be sterilized.

AGBeer,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Got to hate that shiiit! I think the counter girl did well to even retrieve that volcano in the end. At least no violence was involved!

J.R.R.Tokin',

Sour Deez

The one black guy that was hanging around was part of the group that took the stuff correct? What was going on with him, why was he just able to leave? Or was he making himself look like the good guy?

The store seems kinda narrow, but they need display cases that open from the backside, and make it so only the employee is the only one who can get back there to access it.

Sour Deez,

max

Out to lunch
Was she the only employee in the store? If so, that advertises the place as an easy target. And why would they have products, especially near the door, out in the open for easy access? Put that stuff behind glass or the counter where customers can't just pick it up. This seems like a video on how not to operate a business for good theft prevention.

max,

ktx49

ya this is just LOL

store is dumb really, we live in america where people think the slavery of their ancestors hundreds of years ago in this country means they are entitled to anything they want.

AKA: use racial profiling and maybe this doesnt happen?

Modnote: You are walking a fine line here. Please do not post messages that are obscene, vulgar, hateful, threatening, racist, sexist or discriminatory.

ktx49,

weedemon

enthusiast
i jsut wanna say this vid leaves a real bad taste in my mouth :( the behaviour of those people is not on. :(

haha a day later and im still thinking about these bastards. :(

weedemon,

hereatlast

I've been shying away from posting on FC recently but I just need to express that I feel that this comment is naive and ignorant:

ktx49 said:
we live in america where people think the slavery of their ancestors hundreds of years ago in this country means they are entitled to anything they want.

I'm not trying to start an alternate conversation or purposefully derail this thread, but sometimes I feel that letting such comments go unflagged is unacceptable. As far as I know there are no rules that stop you from saying such things so I can only express my personal dissatisfaction with this kind of "analysis." :2c:

mod note: "sometimes I feel that letting such comments go unflagged is unacceptable" . Making comments on whether someone's post deserves to be 'flagged' or 'unflagged' is always unacceptable here. If you don't consider it to be breaking the rules, we do. Either report a post you consider to be breaking the rules, or ignore it.

hereatlast,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
I agree with you heratlast. I have only been a member here for a short while but I am surprised that those type of comments are allowed. Very distasteful!

Gonzo,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
I also will add my vigorous disagreement with ktx49's remarks as well. I feel they go beyond normal opinion and venture into racial discrimination. You can hit the "report" button if you feel a post violates forum rules, which I just did (hit the button I mean).

t-dub

mod note: Either report the post or ignore it. Reporting it and discussing the merits of it, rules wise, isn't allowed.

t-dub,

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
ktx49 said:
ya this is just LOL

store is dumb really, we live in america where people think the slavery of their ancestors hundreds of years ago in this country means they are entitled to anything they want.

Modnote: You are walking a fine line here. Please do not post messages that are obscene, vulgar, hateful, threatening, racist,O sexist or discriminatory.

Take your ignorant and racist comments elsewhere, we are better than that over here.

The people in the disgust me, but I must say I've never seen a shop with high end items in arms reach of customers.

tranceporter,

crawdad

floatin
thieves suck, hate to see it happen when it involves something so positive. :/

crawdad,

Nycdeisel

seeing the way they just walk out with it is almost a joke, in how its so easily accessible in that store. i have seen plenty of shady/seedy shops in the village so this doesnt exactly surprise me.
and yea those guys were hella suspicious from the get go.

Nycdeisel,

ktx49

DrPiff said:
ktx49 said:
ya this is just LOL

Modnote: You are walking a fine line here. Please do not post messages that are obscene, vulgar, hateful, threatening, racist,O sexist or discriminatory.

Take your ignorant and racist comments elsewhere, we are better than that over here.

racist?? because i suggested that if she had paid a little more attention to the group of young black men who were clearly acting strange and out of place inside the store, maybe just MAYBE this could have been prevented??? wake up people your living in the REAL world.

and the lame responses to my post in this thread are just LOL....keep trying to act like i'm some bad guy or something when all i said is EXACTLY what everyone else is already thinking....so ya, keep riding your PC high horse and see where it gets you in life. ....keep telling yourself that a group of young black men out late at night are not more likely to rob you then a group of young asian men or white men. see where im going with this? see how this is NOT racism? get your heads out of your ass and stop looking for something to get your panties in a wad.

the sooner you realize that this world is not some plush, easy-peezy, "politically-correct" playground for you to walk around and feel good about yourself in, the sooner you will realize the truth to my comments and how retarded certain replies to my comment really are.

i said nothing racist in my post, if you perceive it as racist or vulgar comments then it says much more about yourself than it does about me.

and FYI,
i am not white and ive lived in Atlanta for my entire life....which in case you dont watch MTV the last ten years, is a predominately black city(oops, for all the noobs, AFRICAN AMERICAN and HAIL OBAMA!)....i dont think id have lasted this long in Atlanta if I truly were racist.

i have many friends who happen to be black....if i had never met these guys and they walked into a store where I was working alone during the night, I'd definitely pay more attention to them and be ready for the worst....so that makes me racist? na, it does not!
in fact the only the difference between me and you guys.....I CAN ADMIT IT, OPENLY.

and you know what my black friends say to me? they always comment how they like me because i dont act like most "white boys" and dont say stupid things like"african american" or leave out the "Nigger" part of a rap song i'm reciting because they happen to be sitting there.

even black people dont trust other black people....are all black people racists?

finally, i must say its funny how something/comments become vulgar or racist or discriminatory ONLY when its directed towards blacks....and only blacks.
ie. why is it suddenly not racist when I say
"we live in america a country where native american indians think the destruction of their culture/people/way of life hundreds of years ago means they are entitled to a free ride, different set of laws, and endless restitution/compensation""

you see what i did there?

ktx49,

momatik

DrPiff said:
The people in the disgust me, but I must say I've never seen a shop with high end items in arms reach of customers.

Right? And like 3 feet away from the exit.

momatik,

darkrom

Great Scott!
ktx49 said:
DrPiff said:
ktx49 said:
ya this is just LOL

racist?? because i suggested that if she had paid a little more attention to the group of young black men who were clearly acting strange and out of place inside the store, maybe just MAYBE this could have been prevented??? wake up people your living in the REAL world.

and the lame responses to my post in this thread are just LOL....keep trying to act like i'm some bad guy or something when all i said is EXACTLY what everyone else is already thinking....so ya, keep riding your PC high horse and see where it gets you in life. ....keep telling yourself that a group of young black men out late at night are not more likely to rob you then a group of young asian men or white men. see where im going with this? see how this is NOT racism? get your heads out of your ass and stop looking for something to get your panties in a wad.

the sooner you realize that this world is not some plush, easy-peezy, "politically-correct" playground for you to walk around and feel good about yourself in, the sooner you will realize the truth to my comments and how retarded certain replies to my comment really are.

i said nothing racist in my post, if you perceive it as racist or vulgar comments then it says much more about yourself than it does about me.

and FYI,
i am not white and ive lived in Atlanta for my entire life....which in case you dont watch MTV the last ten years, is a predominately black city(oops, for all the noobs, AFRICAN AMERICAN and HAIL OBAMA!)....i dont think id have lasted this long in Atlanta if I truly were racist.

i have many friends who happen to be black....if i had never met these guys and they walked into a store where I was working alone during the night, I'd definitely pay more attention to them and be ready for the worst....so that makes me racist? na, it does not!
in fact the only the difference between me and you guys.....I CAN ADMIT IT, OPENLY.

and you know what my black friends say to me? they always comment how they like me because i dont act like most "white boys" and dont say stupid things like"african american" or leave out the "Nigger" part of a rap song i'm reciting because they happen to be sitting there.

even black people dont trust other black people....are all black people racists?

finally, i must say its funny how something/comments become vulgar or racist or discriminatory ONLY when its directed towards blacks....and only blacks.
ie. why is it suddenly not racist when I say
"we live in america a country where native american indians think the destruction of their culture/people/way of life hundreds of years ago means they are entitled to a free ride, different set of laws, and endless restitution/compensation""

you see what i did there?

WTF lol. This is racist even if you don't intend it to be. Black people are NOT more likely to steal something than white people or any other people. Criminals are more likely to steal than other people. Criminals are of every race and age and sex.

What you said baffles me and I'm really not trying to start a fight or get off topic here. I don't assume white people in business suits are more likely to be committing some kind of corporate fraud.

Unless I am misunderstanding your original comments, you made it sound like they were likely to steal stuff BECAUSE they were black. That is actually not true at all. Statistically you can make a case for EVERYTHING, so technically there is one race that statistically commits more crime, but it is not because of the race, it just happens to be that way. Another example is that statistically ONE color of car will happen to be the most likely to speed. One color of car statistically has to have better gas mileage than other cars. This does not mean if I painted my car it would go faster or get better miles. I hope you see what I am saying here.

Interesting point: Statistically the users of one type of vaporizer HAVE to be the most likely to commit murder lol. Statistics can be just as useless as they are useful, it all depends on what you use them for.

darkrom,

S1N3

Tarzan @ KloudSociety
Bad store clerk and idiotic manager for arranging his store in this manner.

As to the comments mentioned in this thread, maybe it takes a person from urban environment to understand what he is talking about. You have to be naive and without street smarts to know when people are up to no good. Suspicious behavior does not have a "race", these kid could very well have been white or hispanic and would have caught my attention. :ninja:

To other people saying they will end up hawking this thing, maybe but are you inferring thieves dont vape. We can derail your point and construe it a racist remark since the gentlemen were african american... See how this nonsense starts :lol:

Long Story, these kids suck and the manager/ store owner was in part responsible. I suppose having a attractive girl as a clerk seemed smart, but not without someone else to watch the inventory. (As many similar stores in manhattan have). And finally being cautious is probably better verbiage then racial profiling as a non white person im sure you'd know hehe :lol:

S1N3,

ktx49

exactly S1N3 finally another FC poster with a lick of common sense!!

these people who are calling me racist or what have you, they are obviously living in the clouds, and are unaware of the real world.

and to darkom-

your reply is just lol. i dont even care about statistics even though i'm positive that the numbers would still show i'm right....my original post in this thread was supposed to have this message, since i have to simplify it further:

"Common Sense > Political Correctness"

there you understand? and yes im telling you ITS COMMON SENSE THAT A GROUP OF YOUNG BLACK MEN ARE MUCH MORE LIKELY TO ROB A STORE YOUR WORKING IN.

call me a racist, i call it having a BRAIN....where did u guys leave yours?

ktx49,

ktx49

let me show u how FC operates:

he doenst like my posts in this thread, so in the chatroom:

pakalolo>: you know what? i'm the one with the power here, you're stepping on superman's cape, sonny

*** ktx49 was kicked by pakalolo (bye bye now)
12:12 !!! You have been kicked from #fuckcombustion

very mature discussion, call me a racist and then when i ask you to quote a single sentence where I called all black people criminals, you thump your chest and boot me from chat? obviously some people are not capable of disagreeing with someone in an intelligent manner, like this Pakalolo character!

well done sir, you are obviously a class act.

rejoin so i can chat with waffles about his HA2.1:

<ktx49>: Remain calm and pack a fresh bowl
12:19 <ktx49>: where does that include, boot anyone you disagree with?
12:19 <WafflesVape>: im freaking out man
12:20 --- pakalolo has banned *!*cgiirc@*.hsd1.ga.comcast.net
12:20 *** ktx49 was kicked by pakalolo (don't come back asshole)
12:20 !!! You have been kicked from #fuckcombustion

quality work being done here on FC!

ktx49,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
He is banned. Complete logs available on request. I stand on my reputation.

pakalolo,

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
ktx49 said:
racist?? because i suggested that if she had paid a little more attention to the group of young black men who were clearly acting strange and out of place inside the store, maybe just MAYBE this could have been prevented???

No, because you said this:
ktx49 said:
"we live in america where people think the slavery of their ancestors hundreds of years ago in this country means they are entitled to anything they want."

Slavery/entitlement/reparation issues, as far as I could tell since there was no sound in this video, were NOT part of what happened there. The rest of your post is so far away from my own living experience that I am not sure what to say. I guess the culture is a little different where you live but up here in the Pacific Northwest, your comments would, at the very least, be ignored.

t-dub

t-dub,

ktx49

pakalolo said:
He is banned. Complete logs available on request. I stand on my reputation.

please post them, or should i? your out of line and you know it thats why you immediately guilt replied to this thread.

oh well, i guess its more important to be P.C. than to be intelligent these days. i guess even though a MODERATOR combed over my post looking for anything he could find to remove the comment and he couldnt, i'm still breaking some unwritten or unspoken rule??

obviously this is the only excitement you have in your life, so enjoy your power trip Pakalolo.

ban people who dont agree with you, sounds like you've got a great community here!

mod note: Actually, we have more than "a MODERATOR" here, and assuming that there's been just one working in this thread fits well with some other ill advised assumptions you've made. And the temporary ban was for violating the Be nice rule. And at this point it's clear that was a good call.

ktx49,

ktx49

t-dub said:
ktx49 said:
racist?? because i suggested that if she had paid a little more attention to the group of young black men who were clearly acting strange and out of place inside the store, maybe just MAYBE this could have been prevented???

No, because you said this:
ktx49 said:
"we live in america where people think the slavery of their ancestors hundreds of years ago in this country means they are entitled to anything they want."

Slavery/entitlement/reparation issues, as far as I could tell since there was no sound in this video, were NOT part of what happened there. The rest of your post is so far away from my own living experience that I am not sure what to say. I guess the culture is a little different where you live but up here in the Pacific Northwest, your comments would, at the very least, be ignored.

t-dub

again, continue to pick apart some random bit you perceive as racist and continue to ignore the multiple replies and clarifications ive made, thats obviously the best way to construct a thoughtful post.

here posted again:

my original post in this thread was supposed to have this message, since i have to simplify it further:
"Common Sense > Political Correctness"
there you understand? and yes im telling you ITS COMMON SENSE THAT A GROUP OF YOUNG BLACK MEN ARE MUCH MORE LIKELY TO ROB A STORE YOUR WORKING IN.
call me a racist, i call it having a BRAIN....where did u guys leave yours?

argue it all you want, go find a bunch of random statistics showing how i'm wrong, tell me about all the white people who have committed thefts, etc....it doesnt change the fact that we live in the real world where things are NOT perfect....not an imaginary politically correct planet where exact ratios of different race criminals represent the ratios of the population. theres alot of reasons for this that have NOTHING to do with skin color, genetics, whatever but thats not the point....

so continue to argue with me, and prove how naive you guys really are and eventually ban me because I refuse to lie just so I dont step on anyones toes.
its already apparent from this thread which of us FCers have actually ventured out and lived in the real world, and those who have lived relatively sheltered, PC lives and are unable to understand comments like:

ITS COMMON SENSE THAT A GROUP OF YOUNG BLACK MEN ARE MUCH MORE LIKELY TO ROB A STORE YOUR WORKING IN as opposed to a group of asians, middle-eastern, caucasias males.

oh i'm sorry you think im racist again??? booo hooo, atleast i'm not naive and unprepared for the world....

Modnote: Breaking the forum rules that you agreed to = infractions. Simple as that. If you choose to post again when your ban expires I suggest you stick to vapor related discussion or find somewhere else to post.

ktx49,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom