Discontinued Vaporfection viVape

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I just got a viVape 2 to review. I have been testing out for the past 2 days. Not even close to doing any sort of official review yet. I still need allot more experience with the device before I really make any definitive statements on it. I have not use the balloon system yet. The whip system is pretty great. I already kind of adapted the whip to go through my water pipe. I can get some pretty massive hits using the whip and a water pipe.

I do wish the fan had an on/off. I suspect though that the unit is not built to handle the excess heat build up that would occur from stopping the fan from running. I noticed I need to stir in between big hits. Otherwise the top layer of exposed flowers will get excessively dark.

Here are some photos:

7470702032_d7dedf584e.jpg

7470701650_e436e2d6f3.jpg

7470701118_05c876f347.jpg

7470701422_843c8425a3.jpg

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
Very cool, SliM!! Thanks for sharing. I also prefer the whip via various glass water devices. Of all my vapes, the vV delivers the best taste. Yes, I must stir between hits. I don't mind the fan running as my sessions are only about 10-15 minutes long.

I'm stoked to see more from you on the vV2.

Cheers!

Vapinghole,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Very cool, SliM!! Thanks for sharing. I also prefer the whip via various glass water devices. Of all my vapes, the vV delivers the best taste. Yes, I must stir between hits. I don't mind the fan running as my sessions are only about 10-15 minutes long.

I'm stoked to see more from you on the vV2.

Cheers!

Currently I am trying to figure out what is different... their website was spotty. I see the graphics have been updates to day viVape 2 on the unit and the screen. Other then that not much seem different. I think it must be the internals mostly???

Since you have to take it out between hits, I don't mind the stirring so much. The taste is pretty good. I have been impressed so far. I did not have any expectations going in, so it has been genuinely interesting just to see how it preforms.

It looks fantastic on the desk. It looks like a little digital movie projector.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: Vapinghole

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hey thanks slightly medicated! Looks like they improved the paint job as well, but then again mine looks good from far away too and is white so cant really compare.

Mynameismud,

ugobo

Thank you Slightly Medicaded for the previews! But you can't compare with the first version of the vV if i understand?

And like Vaping Hole mentioned,i just can't see what they could improve from the previous version,from a technical and practical point of view i mean. The esthetic of the unit was very good from the start so no improvement was needed i think.

ugobo,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Thank you Slightly Medicaded for the previews! But you can't compare with the first version of the vV if i understand?

And like Vaping Hole mentioned,i just can't see what they could improve from the previous version,from a technical and practical point of view i mean. The esthetic of the unit was very good from the start so no improvement was needed i think.

I don't have the previous version, so I can't compare. From what I read thought it does not sound like they changed much. Paint, Graphics, and some internal changes. I don't think the performance is much different then the previous version. I think if anything they just re-did the internals to make them more reliable. I do not think they intended it to be enough of an upgrade that people with viVape original units would want to buy a new one.

Slightly Medicated,

brian420

just fired up my vaporfection stealth ii vds that i bought about 5+ years ago, haven't used it in a few years so i was wondering if it still works; it does!

just thought i would post that here, if you're questioning the price tag don't, its worth it. i paid $500 for my stealth ii vds when i got it and it still works 5+ years later, thats what i call quality :p

white russian

All this talk of the vV got me hankerin' for a session with my 1st gen:

nice video as usual vapinghole, damn lung buster hit with no coughing! i just got my unit returned to uk after a round trip back to vaporfection labs for repair, i can fully appreciate now why you like this so much, so easy to use and the hits are incredible, my unit previously wasn't heating up correctly so i was getting weak ass vapour and cause i'm new to vaping i thought that was just the way it was, so i'm glad i followed your posts and figured it out my unit needed repair.

after a month of being back on smoking pure joints i'm ever so delighted to relegate that to the past again, lost count on how many sessions i had on my vapes return yesterday....baked to say the least!

as long as the unit functions the way i have it now and goes the distance i will consider this money well spent, happy customer now :)

@brad thom- thanks for al the freebies you sent, very much appreciated :clap:

Vapinghole

Excellent news, White Russian! Very happy to know you're back to vaping.

Cheers, my friend!

Vapinghole,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I had a really great session last night. Awhile ago I purchased the Vaporfection AquaVape. I used it a few times with my log vaporizers but I did not really like the performance. The water filtration did not do much when it was so close to the source of the vapor. I decided since Vaporfection invented the viVape and the AquaVape it was worth trying them together. I hooked up the Aquavape to the end of the hose where the mouth piece attaches.

Whoa.. that worked well! I guess the extra hose length helps pre-cool. Once it reaches the water filtration is is already cooled considerably. Then the extra water filtration makes a difference. I actually ended up getting a HUGE draw on the first hit, and did not even realize I was doing it at the time. It is kind of hard to judge how much vapor you are getting through the hose/AquaVape.

I was surprised at how well it worked. I think it works well enough that I would consider using the AquaVape again. It is not as smooth as running it through a large water pipe, but it is significantly smoother then inhaling the dry vapor.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Yeah, I just got a large aqua vape as well. Havent even touched the bag mode since i got the aquavape...i ordered the small one but they sent me the large by accident...ive heard that the bigger one provides smoother hits and you can easily suck up water in the small one...im still interested in the small one because i feel like it will be easier to take around with me...any thoughts vaping hole?

Mynameismud,

poonman

I had a really great session last night. Awhile ago I purchased the Vaporfection AquaVape. I used it a few times with my log vaporizers but I did not really like the performance. The water filtration did not do much when it was so close to the source of the vapor. I decided since Vaporfection invented the viVape and the AquaVape it was worth trying them together. I hooked up the Aquavape to the end of the hose where the mouth piece attaches.

Whoa.. that worked well! I guess the extra hose length helps pre-cool. Once it reaches the water filtration is is already cooled considerably. Then the extra water filtration makes a difference. I actually ended up getting a HUGE draw on the first hit, and did not even realize I was doing it at the time. It is kind of hard to judge how much vapor you are getting through the hose/AquaVape.

I was surprised at how well it worked. I think it works well enough that I would consider using the AquaVape again. It is not as smooth as running it through a large water pipe, but it is significantly smoother then inhaling the dry vapor.

Hey SLim ,
I'm looking forward to your vid/review .
but remember my prior request .
If you can shoot 1 vid with just what it came with the purchase .
And maybe add the Aqua vape for the 2nd part of vid . ( I'm interested )

I know you like your water pipes .

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I will show a hit or two with the default set up. I usually try do to that "official" video review.

I find dry vapor really can negatively affect my throat. I think I have a sensitive throat or something. In general I try and avoid it, unless I can't get around it. When I was a smoker I always used my water pipe exclusively. If i was passed a joint I would begrudgingly take a small puff, but I never rolled them and smoked them on my own.

When I am testing the products I will do one or two session with the default set up to see how it preforms. Usually by the time I make a usage video I have started to modify the setup to try and suite my needs. That usually means finding a way to filter it through water.

Once I get to the official review though I will demonstrate it using the default setup, and my modified setup. Don't expect a review on this unit too soon. I want to give it a month of testing before I do anything official.

Some more observations:

The unit is fast. I turned the viVape and another unit on at the same time. I was able to pre-heat and vaporize an entire session before another vaporizer was even done heating up.

The fan is a little loud. My partner asked me what the noise was in the other room. It was the unit doing the cool-down cycle.

Slightly Medicated,
Reactions: poonman

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Yeah the fan in cool down/ bag mode is a little loud but still quiter than most vapes ive had/used with fans. However in whip mode it the noise from the fan is quieter than the fan on my macbook.

Vapinghole

Glad to see you're enjoying your vV, SliM! I have both the large and small AquaVape and I also prefer the large. But the small works like a dandy as well and is a great portable bubbler thingy that adapts to many different vapes with innovative silicon tubing use. :tup:

I'm curious to know what temp you prefer after you've fully tested the default settings. Does Vaporfection still use 350 F as the default temp setting?

Yeah the fan in cool down/ bag mode is a little loud but still quiter than most vapes ive had/used with fans. However in whip mode it the noise from the fan is quieter than the fan on my macbook.

Yes, I'm pleased with how quiet the fan is, though cooldown mode gets louder, but so long as you account for that, which I do, it's no big deal. Comparing to a macbook fan is fair, in my view.

And to answer your question above about sucking water/splashing, the small AV is trickier in that way than the large AV, as there isn't as much space. But after just a few minutes of messing around with water levels, the small AV performs quite well with little splashing. And I believe the portability along with the no spillage makes it an essential glass accessory for the vaporist who relishes water filtration wherever and whenever possible, like me:brow:

I'm also happy you're enjoying the vV!

Cheers!

Vapinghole,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
So far I am enjoying 350. They also suggest that for the bag and whip. What is the difference between bag and whip mode?

The fan is not THAT loud. It is way quitter then a Volcano that is for sure. Personally, I like noisy devices. The noise helps drown out my tinnitus (ear ringing).

Slightly Medicated,

Vapinghole

In bag mode, the fan blows harder to fill the bag. And you can set a different temp for that mode if you wish. That's about it.

I've not used the bag option yet. Thought I would, but I've been so happy with the whip and I prefer water filtration.

Vapinghole,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Yeah, i used to start out at 340 and then mix around the herb and switch the temp to about 360ish. However, recently i just stick with 350 and have been achieving similar results and slightly lighter brown abv with the 350 temp all the way though. Also, before i got the aqua vape and was filling balloons, sometimes 340 wasnt high enough to produce big clouds in the bags.

On another note, thanks again vapinghole youve convinced me to take the plunge on the small one as well. Ive also been interested in a B Wilson clear six-arm mini bubbler as I just cancelled my preorder for the Puffit so i have some extra cash around lol

Mynameismud,

ugobo

I used to travel anywhere from 355 to 380 but now i start to vape at 340 with surprising results! I now never go more than 370,usually when i'm finishing a load after many mixing and stirring.I usually raise the temp a little bit,up to 360,when i use the AquaVape to have more dense and thicker vapor.

I have yet to experiment a little more with the bag delivery but i like it a lot for now! I tried it with my brother,also proud owner of a Volcano,and wanted his impression on the bag delivery of my vV. Well,he laughed at the amount of time it took to fill the balloon,was impressed by the quietness of the unit,laughed again at the "on/off" system of the balloon then was really impressed by the quality of the vapor (i fixed the temp at 360) and started to find that,in the end,the bag option is very good complementary option to the vV and wish he had the whip option on his Volcano.

Have you tried to vape with the whip on bag/balloon mode Vapinghole? Maybe it could be helpful for the airflow when using the AquaVape?

I'm off work this week and will find time to experiment further with this lovely unit! Yes,i'm still in a honeymoon ride with my vV!!!

ugobo,
Top Bottom