Vaporfection - the AquaVape Inline Vapor Cooler

SirNDPT

Thanks all for the very useful information.

Does any one know who sells or distributes Aquavape in Canada?

Thanks.

SirNDPT

SirNDPT,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Got my AV today. Not had time to use it yet but will later on. Was just wondering if anyone knows for sure if they have a big or small one and what size it is. Mine is 20cm approx and I'm assuming the small one, but would like confirmation.

Currently I'm using a small Magic Glass Rude Boy small bong with 13 hole diff down stem. Am interested to see how they compare.

I'll post a review and comparison after I've put it through it's paces.

EDIT:

Ok, so I've had a couple of days with the Aquavape (AV) and will share my thoughts. I'm using it with my EQ.

First off it was a bugger to get the EQ stock tubing to fit on the AV. I did the old 'fan-on-hold-it-close' technique to soften the tube and got it on eventually (have ordered Silicone tubing now!) It is a really nice size and fits snugly in the hand. It feels quite sturdy, but I wouldn't want to drop it on a hard surface, even from table height.

I was worried that it would be a bit restrictive on the pull compared to my Rude Boy (RB), and that was the case but, imo, no bad thing. This is a totally different type of water filtration to the RB. The RB is excellent to take huge milky rips that leave me cross-eyed, but requires all my attention and hands.

The AV is great if I'm reading or in company. It requires only one hand, practically no attention, as it's basically just a large mouth piece, and doesn't scare off people not used to bongs. I love the fact you can just lay it down and no water escapes. The taste from it is excellent, probably due to the minimal amount of water it uses, longer lasting and tasty almost right to the end. The ABV browned very evenly and slowly and required much less stirring then when I use my RB.

The restricted comparative airflow meant that the herb lasted a lot longer, I know this is due to taking in smaller hits each time, but sometimes that's preferable to me. As someone who has spent the last 20 years smoking doobs, I did kinda miss the longevity of a rollie, as compared to bong rips (which I hadn't done for 15 years before the RB). I loved the EQ whip to start with because it had a similar feel, puffing away on it for a length of time. But then I tried vapor-bonging and couldn't go back to the dryness.

The AV is the perfect compromise for me. It gives me the water filtration I want and also helps the load last longer. The RB will definitely still get daily use with the Vapocane and VG Coil. But from now on the EQ and AV are bonded for life.

One last thing. I know it's been stated before in this thread, but I'll say it again 'This thing is a bitch to clean!' Clean it daily, don't let it build up or you'll be sorry.

J.R.R.Tokin',
So after about 2 months of waiting on the large Vaporfection to get off of back order, I finally got mine shipped.

I'm sad to say that the workmanship is pretty awful, there are numerous visible spider-line cracks all over the piece, most particularly where the logo etching was applied. It's a C or D stock quality item IMO. I am talking to the merchant about a replacement, but this should be counted as one more substandard example of the Aquavape as others have reported. Without filling it with water and using it, the draw seems very constricted, and I don't know why since the "choke" only comes from the holes in the dome percolator, which could easily just be blown out larger. They're tiny.

My large Aquavape is approximately 7 inches long.

charliedontsurf,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
I didn't think there was a small and a large, just one size. Mine was ~7" long, too.

Charliedontsurf, that quality issue is a real bummer. I didn't see anything like that, maybe I was just lucky. My beef - posted way back - was that while the glass is heavy, the inside joint is actually quite small and IMO therefore fragile. This piece must be handled with care - mine slipped from my fingers while cleaning in the sink, dropping no more than a couple inches yet fracturing into a zillion pieces; end of story.

oldiebutgoodie,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Yeah, that's a tough break charliedontsurf. I've just had a real close look at mine and don't see any of the spider-lines that yours does.

And thanks for the heads-up OBG, I'll be extra careful when washing mine from now on.

I still really like mine. It mainly comes out when I have multiple guests as it's easy to pass around and I find helps with stretching out a bowl a bit.

I'd really like to get the size issue of the Aquavapes cleared up. Mine is approx 7" too and I thought was probably the small if there were 2 sizes. If there is smaller I'd like to check it out. I think I'll shoot Vaporfection an email and see.

J.R.R.Tokin',

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Mine sits broken too (my second) my brother who sometimes works with glass took my first one (which just had the nipple broke off) to repair it. My second one the inner diffuser just came "unglued" and now rattles around inside and is unusable. I think they should have used a different glass maker with a bit more experience, but they do seem very responsive if you ask them for a replacement. Good luck everyone!!

Bluntcrush,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Ok, so I contacted them earlier about the sizes and got a response.

As for the Aqua Vape it comes in 2 sizes the standard
aprox 5.5"X1.3" and the large aprox 7.5"X2"

Hmm, I quite like the idea of the smaller one.

J.R.R.Tokin',

2clicker

Observer
J.R.R.Tokin' said:
Hmm, I quite like the idea of the smaller one.

so do I.

i have the 7" AV and use it everyday. i requested mine w/out any labels and they obliged. it works perfectly. i only clean it about once a month, but the water gets replaced every day or so. i do not find it all that hard to clean it. i couple a small funnel to it with a short piece of whip tubing and pour in ISO. then plug the ends and shake/soak. then i unplug it on both ends, put a longer piece of whip tubing on the mouthpiece and blow the ISO out. there is still residual ISO left as you cant blow it all out, but you can then fill it with water shake and drain. i do this 4 or 5 times with warm to hot water.

clean as a whistle.

i would love to have the smaller one for some portable use.

2clicker,

Vapinghole

Low-Temp Hempist / JedHI Master
I have the smaller version, and it's the bee's knees! I can see how it would be cool for portable use. But I plan to keep it for home use. Just for me and the wife.

Edit: Having used it regularly for a while now, I've found it best to simply empty the water after every session. It's remained quite clean. Love it!

Vapinghole,

Vapinghole

Here's the smaller one, by the way:

image1dly.jpg

Vapinghole,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
got super excited when my aquavape came but open it up to find it was already broken :( waiting to hear back from vaporfection.

ok the emailed me back, saying they will ship me a new one. now i have to figure out how to fix this broken one.

ilovebOObs,

ilovebOObs

actually been testing it out and it still works but the glass part inside just rattles around.
p3083668.jpg

ilovebOObs,

Vapinghole

As you know, bOObs, same thing happened to me with my small AV. Vaporfection sent me a new one right away, and it works nice. Hopefully you'll get your new one as quickly as I did mine. That way you can bOOb cloud with your HI :tup:

Vapinghole,

ilovebOObs

hopefully they will send out a new one soon. but i still have the itch to fix this one. i will keep you posted on my findings.

ilovebOObs,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
@ilovebOObs. It might be worth taking to a glass blower and see if they can do the fix. If it can be fixed it will have to be cut open, fixed and re-fused together. Unless your pretty damn confident at working with ridiculously hot flames and molten glass I'd hand it over to a pro :2c:

J.R.R.Tokin',

ilovebOObs

hahaha i wasn't talking about a professional kinda fix, just something i can do at home. i've been tinkering with an idea, tell me what you guys think.

thinking about using candle wax to seal the broken glass inside the AV. just cut up some hard wax and drop it in, align the tube then heat the glass and melt the wax to form a seal, i mean like a good 1/2" of wax all the way next to the perc holes. then let cool then just use.

ilovebOObs,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
It might work but the heat from the vape might cause the wax to melt. Then, if it hasn't worked it'll be nigh on impossible to remove the wax.

You could just try and align it and get a blow torch to the exterior glass in the hope it will soften enough to join to the interior section. I don't think it'll work but might be worth a try.

J.R.R.Tokin',

ilovebOObs

after thinking about last night, i decided to just keep as it is and just use it. i just need find other projects to keep my mind busy. now let me go back and vape my baby cloud now.hehehe

p3103697.jpg

ilovebOObs,

Vapinghole

That's freakin' funny! You seem as Cloud obsessed as I?

Have you received your new AV from Vaporfection yet?

Vapinghole,

ilovebOObs

nope not yet bud, but should be soon i guess. i don't think i'm obsessed with the cloud at all actually, i cool with waiting for one for awhile. since i have no shortage of vapes :) , sweet as i was typing this the mail guy just delivered my new solo. yeah!!!

ilovebOObs,

Vapinghole

Well, I'm cloud obsessed, for sure :shrug: But the Aqua Vape/viVape combo is pretty freaking sweet in the meantime.

Congrats on your solo! I'm sure the AV will come in handy there as well? :tup:

Vapinghole,
Top Bottom