• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Vaporfection - the AquaVape Inline Vapor Cooler

Kaptan

Bluntcrush said:
Kaptan said:
Those that have used this with their EQ - Have you tried using the aqua vape with the fan turned on? Is the fan strong enough to make this thing bubble?

I noticed this post a while ago, but I still have not tried it. I will report results as soon as I am able...

I tried it after I received the AV, but it seems the fan is not strong enough to push the vapor through the water. It works well regardless, although I'm unable to get those really strong rips like you can with a bong.

Kaptan,

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Bluntcrush said:
I guess I got my Aqua Vape figured out. I put a tiny slit at the very mouth of the US Plastics flexible whip. Now I can slide it on and off my EQ elbow attachment easily. Last night I attached a short hose to the glass mouth piece of the EQ bag after I filled a bag with thick C99 vapor. Then I attached that little hose to the Aquavape and had water filtered bags!!!

Next, I want to rig up a way to blow EQ vapor through water and into a bag, so that the vapor is filtered upon entry into the bag.

Kaptan said:
Bluntcrush said:
Kaptan said:
Those that have used this with their EQ - Have you tried using the aqua vape with the fan turned on? Is the fan strong enough to make this thing bubble?

I noticed this post a while ago, but I still have not tried it. I will report results as soon as I am able...

I tried it after I received the AV, but it seems the fan is not strong enough to push the vapor through the water. It works well regardless, although I'm unable to get those really strong rips like you can with a bong.

I've had the AV for a couple weeks, been using it with my E-Q and the whip. I found that the stock Q tubing is just too stiff to be repeatedly attaching/removing from the AV's glass nipple; I knew I was going to break it eventually. And I'm not willing to go thru the hassle of softening the tubing repeatedly, either. So I purchased Vaporfection's whip replacement silicone tubing, since the AV is made to work with that setup. I was (pleasantly) surprised that this tubing is 5/16" ID just like the Q's, but with the elasticity of the silicone, it is much easier to work with. Which is doubly important because . . .

IMHO the response you got from Vaporfection to expel/replace the AV's water through the whip is, well, ridiculous. Besides having to do a push/pull through 3' of tubing, there is no way the water clears entirely until later evaporation; for reasons you cited, I don't like that. And of course this also eliminates elbow-packs (in fairness to Vaporfection, I wouldn't expect them to take that into consideration).

So what I'm trying, is to create a little ice-pack for the AV. I know this will sound a bit hokey, this was just to test the idea. I half-filled an ~8"x4"x2" Tupperware container with crushed ice and covered it with a piece of terrycloth, then made a small depression in the ice/cloth to set the AV in to. I put the AV in the refrig for a while before the session, and of course filled it with ice water when ready to go. My AV ice-bucket actually worked better than expected - through the session it kept both the water and the glass cold, and thus no refilling required. Without this, using the whip fan assisted, the AV's small amount of water quickly loses its chill. I'm sure this is all way overboard for the heavy hitters out there, but I need as much moisturizing and cooling as I can get.

And, no, the Q's fan can't push the vapor through the water. Not even a small amount. I earlier experimented with this and a bong and the results were the same. (That does raise an interesting side question, though: What happens with the Q's fan-driven vapor if it is blocked by water? Does it build up in the tubing? Does it create back pressure to the fan, and if so, with what effect? So far I'm just toggling the fan on/off as I take the hits.)

I can't think of a way to push the vapor through water and into a bag. However, I definitely am going to try using the bag-thru-AV method as you did. I'm hoping that will reduce the heat and dryness even a bit more. The other night we obtained some new herb, much better than we usually have, and I got carried away (literally and figuratively) in the session: I didn't use the AV properly, I was vaping at ~215 and pulling fairly hard from the whip on Fan 2. I still have a sore windpipe. I have to learn to be patient with this.

EDIT: It occurred to me that there is yet another benefit of connecting the AV to the bag - the AV acts as a stopper. I've already broken one bag glass piece by using the glass stir stick as a stopper (as was suggested in the Q thread); even though I was gentle, the stick chipped a piece off of the mouthpiece end. So I've been looking for something like a pencil eraser that would fit. But just attaching the AV solves this problem, too!

oldiebutgoodie,

hervape

did someone say that the aqua vape is made by the same people who make vaporfection, Ive heard that its a pretty great vape on the highend Im thinkn of movin to a whip unit from my bag unit, anyone have experience with the vaporfection?

hervape,

oldiebutgoodie

hervape said:
did someone say that the aqua vape is made by the same people who make vaporfection, Ive heard that its a pretty great vape on the highend Im thinkn of movin to a whip unit from my bag unit, anyone have experience with the vaporfection?

I use the AV with my Extreme-Q whip in exactly the same way it is used with the Vaporfection. Or for that matter, other whips as well - the AV just replaces whatever mouthpiece is attached to the tubing. The only requirement is that the AV uses 5/16" ID tubing as does the Vaporfection (and the Q, btw), but some vapes use 1/4" or 3/8" instead. And the tubing being silicone is important for safe & easy on/off the AV nipple. AFAIK, the Novus sells for ~$400.

oldiebutgoodie,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
So, Just decided to leave my AV unemployed for a break...and damn, dry whip is something I like too!
In fact with my SSV, the AV is really restricting the air-flow. Without it's draw free...incredible!
And yes, without the AV there's a little more taste & high, as we all know, based on last studies THC is little water-soluble. It's not significant but you can feel it!
So, in resume, I'll have frequent breaks with my AV! ;)

FLskwat,
oldiebutgoodie said:
I can't think of a way to push the vapor through water and into a bag. However, I definitely am going to try using the bag-thru-AV method as you did. I'm hoping that will reduce the heat and dryness even a bit more.

I know this is probably of little help to you personally, but others reading this thread might want to know that the Herbalaire 2.1 with the upgraded pump (not the high output, just the one which came with all HA's after a certain date) can push vapor through a bong with pretty impressive results. I guess the air-pump method is more effective for putting air through water than the fan in the EQ.

charliedontsurf,

Longtimelurker

i love this thing! i put it in the fridge filled with water and then connect it to my EQ.... just delicious!

Longtimelurker,

Tim

I'm on the fence about this. The AV looks great, but I feel like $60 could go towards a really nice bong.

Owner's, how do you feel about the quality of the AV? Thick glass?

Tim,

oldiebutgoodie

Tim said:
I'm on the fence about this. The AV looks great, but I feel like $60 could go towards a really nice bong.

Owner's, how do you feel about the quality of the AV? Thick glass?

I broke mine while cleaning it. The glass is relatively heavy, but the joints at the nipples and to the interior chamber appear thinner and may be a bit vulnerable to shock. It slipped from my grip maybe a couple of inches onto a hard surface and it shattered. I liked it OK, but the chamber is a bit small, and cleaning it thoroughly was not the friendliest. I thought I could do better.

My first replacement was a bong with a decent 6-slit down stem diffuser. Of course, a bong is an altogether different animal. With my Q, it requires a fairly strong pull. I use a short whip setup to connect the Q to the bong. OK but still no cigar.

But then I found nirvana. I got an 11-slit inline Headford bubbler. I use ice water and then set the bubbler in its own little ice bucket that I fashioned from a Tupperware piece. I connect it to my Q using either an 18" whip or if using the bag 4" of tubing. The filtering & cooling action of inlines is terrific, IMO better than a bong down stem. Great chamber and splash guard. And it is much easier/safer to handle. Everything I wanted from the AV and a lot more.

Bare in mind how subjective all this is. So YMMV and probably will. But if'n the bubbler interests you, I got mine here:

Headford Bubbler

Unfortunately, it's gotten a bit pricey - $40 more than I paid not that long ago. I suppose it might be found elsewhere for less.

oldiebutgoodie,

Tim

Thanks again OBG, quick question: does that bubbler work with the glass attachments that came with the EQ, or did you have to get one of the adapters?

For $180, I'd like to get a bigger piece. Unfortunately, I'm relatively new to the game and the subtleties between bubblers and bongs sometimes eludes me. I guess what I want is a bong with a perc inside.. or a bubbler inside?

Something like this:

http://www.grasscity.com/us_en/molino-mad-scientist-v3-double-7-arms-percolator-bong-7mm.html

I guess that would be considered a "percolated bong" and not a bubbler, right? Sorry for the noobness :lol:

EDIT: Feel free to respond to me in the EQ thread, I forgot this was for the AV.. Apologies! lol

Tim,

2clicker

Observer
i just wanted to say i use my AV piece everyday

it gets tons of use and we all absolutely love it

2clicker,

darkrom

Great Scott!
About to test mine in an hour or so with the Underdog vaporizer. I can't wait. I did a "test run" and just played with it and filled it with water. Without even using it yet I'm already thrilled with my purchase!

Pics and maybe even a video to follow.

darkrom,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Welcome to the AV family man...Handy moist vapor hits, with a mini vapor "visible glass jauge"...I still use and love mine so much! :p

FLskwat,

darkrom

Great Scott!
LOVE IT. I'll upload pics tonight later. No video. Extremely lazy now. NO dry mouth and stomach which always made me feel sort of sick. Best vapor addition ever.

darkrom,

darkrom

Great Scott!
eIkmll.jpg

I already love this thing, but I am worried about water going down into the core even though it is not supposed to leak. I don't want to be electrocuted.

darkrom,

placetime

darkrom--thanks for the review. did you get the "standard" or the "large" aquavape? more pics, video, or even just more review of using it with a log-style vape would be awesome.
does it balance easily like in your picture?

darkrom said:
I already love this thing, but I am worried about water going down into the core even though it is not supposed to leak. I don't want to be electrocuted.

does the aquavape work if held at an angle? how close to horizontal can you get before it doesn't work any more? seems like it might be more likely to leak when completely horizontal than when completely vertical, but i've never used one myself.

placetime,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Using it with a log vape is easy as could be with my underdog. Just attach the silicone stem that you already use and done! Takes about 10 seconds at most to set up for use with the underdog thanks to how their stems are made. It balances easily like in my pic yes :)

Works fine held at an angle. I'd say it works until nearly a flat line. It only stops working when the water is too thin to even cover the intake hole which would have to be pretty damn horizontal. I never run into that issue and I use it at an angle almost every time.

It doesn't seem to leak for me no matter what I do short of shaking it violently that is far from practical in any real situation.

darkrom,

placetime

Thanks again for the additional info darkrom! :) Very helpful/usefull info! Sorry if I missed it somewhere darkrom, but do you have the "standard" or "large" AquaVape?

placetime,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Just went to check out my Aquavape to use with my Arizer Solo. Sadly I think there might be a problem with the annealing process because this is the second one that has broken (internally) for me. It was just sitting in a drawer with a drawstring bag around it, and it had not been used for about 7 months. THe whole inner tube has broken away (fallen off) from the intake tube. Sad! It was pretty nice to use as a sub for vapor bonging. Portable vapor bonging sounded great, until this happened. :uhoh:

The customer service at Vaporfection is great, so they will likely just send me a replacement. Just something to be aware of when using it on the set up above...

Bluntcrush,

Bluntcrush

Director of Vapor Research Labs™
Just went to check out my Aquavape to use with my Arizer Solo. Sadly I think there might be a problem with the annealing process because this is the second one that has broken (internally) for me. It was just sitting in a drawer with a drawstring bag around it, and it had not been used for about 7 months. THe whole inner tube has broken away (fallen off) from the intake tube. Sad! It was pretty nice to use as a sub for vapor bonging. Portable vapor bonging sounded great, until this happened. :uhoh:

The customer service at Vaporfection is great, so they will likely just send me a replacement. Just something to be aware of when using it on the set up above...

Hi Placetime!
Not sure what is pictured above via Darkroom, but mine is about 6" (looks like the one above) I never heard that there were 2 sizes available, but that might be a new development. I have had one since last year at this time...

Bluntcrush,
Bluntcrush said:

That's a bummer man! And it's worrying because I just threw down some decent coin on a large-size Aquavape, which I've been waiting on for a quick minute now... I'll take measurements and we can find out just what size everyone has.

charliedontsurf,
Top Bottom