Vaporbrothers Vaporizer

pyloric

Brand new model here :) Our all ceramic easy screen changing whip

you can drop it, tap it on a hard surface, shock it with water, all the things that you can't do with glass

it breaks only if try, such as dropping it on concrete. and it's not dangerous to you like broken or cracked glass.

and it costs less too, being made in a mold.

and of course, if made by vaporbrothers, that means no lead or foul smelling plastics are allowed in the design. the soft materials are medical grade, always been... enjoy!

EZ-All-Cera-adj-sm600x.jpg
Can this whip be adapted for use with the Hydrator?

pyloric,

vaporbrothers

Manufacturer
Can this whip be adapted for use with the Hydrator?

Yes, for this and any whip, you replace the mouthpiece with an "H2O Adapter" and then plug it directly into your waterpipe or Hydrator. Make sure you get a 14mm or 18mm size depending on what your water piece needs. Our Hydrators come with an adapter.

There are 4 types on the right column of this VW page http://bit.ly/OmR4iG

:) Linus V.

vaporbrothers,
Reactions: pyloric

pyloric

~I have a Mini Hydrator which I love dearly. It is a great little bubbler. Coupled with ceramic screens, it approaches the sublime. Of course, the mouthpiece is not replaceable, but I can see how the newest whip would hook up with the standard Hydrator.. This is something I can aspire to.
Any suggestions for removing brown build up in the Mini? Seems inaccessible...

vaporbrothers

Manufacturer
OK, 2 solutions that worked for us:

1) Run hot water through the hydrator to get most the oil out, then use a super strong rubbing alcohol from the pharmacy (look for the 90% version) + handful of salt. Pour solution into the hydrator, plug the ends with your fingers, then shake like crazy.

2) Hands down best cleaner is Grunge off (dot com). It's amazing what it does for not being alcohol based or toxic. You can soak your pipes in it, then pour back into the bottle. It will get black and cruddy after many uses, but oddly the glass will come out clean every time. Grunge off's been around 25 years, seriously. Full disclosure here: Grunge off is made by our friend and neighbor Sheldon Black.

FYI, if you wanted to harvest the oil, try putting the hydrator upside down in a dish in your oven set to the coolest it goes. The oils will run out like a dream. And you'll break your hydrator if anything goes wrong.

:) Linus V.

goody8504

i lent my vapor bros to a friend for a few months. after getting the unit back, i realized he lost a foot on the bottom of the unit. it's not a huge deal but now my unit wobbles, particularly when i try to prop up the back end. is there any chance of getting a new foot for my unit?

goody8504,

vaporbrothers

Manufacturer
i lent my vapor bros to a friend for a few months. after getting the unit back, i realized he lost a foot on the bottom of the unit. it's not a huge deal but now my unit wobbles, particularly when i try to prop up the back end. is there any chance of getting a new foot for my unit?

No, you're screwed forever, unless you mssg me your address, in that case I'll send you one for no charge right away ;) ;) You can also email support any time :)

vaporbrothers

Manufacturer
Well THANK YOU for saying that. This isn't our regular customer service btw, ;) it's the more sarcastic engineer inventor of the VB who peruses through FB and FC when I'm really supposed to be working on my new unit. If you reach an asshole over at our support department, don't blame me... OK JUST kidding, they are SUPER nice as well and you can use them ANY time: support at vaporbrothers .com. Anybody who buys through our website is actually buying from Vaporwarehouse and they are totally awesome to deal with if you have any problems. They have an actual phone number also, which is a plus :)

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
hey everyone! I got a vapor brothers recently and have been loving it so far. I got the coffee color and it is beautiful. I named this beauty Darth Vapor because when I suck on it sounds like I'm breathing through darth's mask and with the blue and green led lights, it look great, it is awesome.

anyways, will post an extensive review once I get more acquainted, but I was wondering what temperature you guys have been preferring? In turn of what time o'clock on the knob?

goody8504

I like to start at about 10:30 and finish at about 12. Of course, there are variables such as dryness and quality of herb and draw speed. Even so, it's very rare that I find myself going over 12

goody8504,
I like to start at about 10:30 and finish at about 12. Of course, there are variables such as dryness and quality of herb and draw speed. Even so, it's very rare that I find myself going over 12
That's exactly where I run mine too.
Before they used knobs with a white mark, I would mark them myself with full power being at the 3 o'clock position.

Agent S.S. Sands,
i always started and finished on about 1030 or 11 actually if you have the notches on the wood i always turn all the way on then back down to the line between the first and second mark.

Willuminati,

ghost>boogie on

iko-iko all day
my new ez change whip and clear precision glass are at the post office!
ordered on Wednesday, free shipping from Kali to Cow Hampshire in two days.
thank you vapor bros!

ghost>boogie on,
Reactions: pyloric
I have an Original Vapor Bros vaporizer, and it has a 5 digit serial number on the bottom, as opposed to the 6 digit serial numbers that are on all Vapor Bros vaporizers that were made from 2007 until now. My Vapor Bros also does not have the same heating component as the ones they sell now. The heating component in my vape looks a lot like the HotBox heating component. Does anyone know what it's made out of? Ceramic Nichrome? Lead? Is it RoHS? Thanks

Rener Gracie,
Does anyone have any knowledge about the Heating Component used in the Original Vapor Bros vaporizer?

Rener Gracie,
I have had this whip since my second VB vaporizer purchased in 2002. (I've upgraded since then.) About 5 years ago I fumble-fingered a whip pass from my wife and this little crack happened. It runs down to level with the screen and stops. I have continued to use this whip almost daily with no problems. Just sayin'....

IMG_0257.jpg

Agent S.S. Sands,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
So Linus (from VB) and I had been going over some ideas about VB related stuff and I was helping with some ideas. Sorry, can't go into more than that... confidentiality, ya know. Hopefully, we'll see some of them implemented some day.

Those that have worked with me, in that capacity... know, I don't ask for anything. Personally, I'd just really like to see some of the ideas realized. I hope the person gets/takes the credit to. My ideas are free. Didn't cost me a dime to think of them, doesn't cost me a dime to share them. Once I share them... take it and run, if you see/hear something you like.

When Linus asked if there was something he could do for me, for the help... I just said, "Linus... whatever you can pull off. No expectations (EXCEPT STICKERS!)." Sorry, I have a weird thing with stickers.

He told me to keep my eye out for a package. Said he was going to try and send a Hydrator or Mini. Both, quite pleasant gifts, for just rambling about my ideas. I do realize people charge quite a bit of money, for "ideas". I'm not like that.

Package came today. JOIN ME in the unboxing, of my new Hydrator (or mini!)

"Hi Vapor Bros package that UPS dude, dropped and ran, like it was a bomb! You sure are big!"
20120904_124643.jpg

"I could check the invoice. Naw... no fun in that! Awful big box for a Hydrator or mini?"
popcornreceipt.jpg

"Wow! Thanks, Linus. Sweet little vapor piece! Definitely a piece that was made specifically for vapor!"
20120904_124848.jpg

20120904_125016.jpg

"What a waste of a big box. Hmm... feels heavy still. Wonder what it could be?"
20120904_125053.jpg

"No @#$%ing WAY!?"
20120904_125130.jpg

20120904_125203.jpg

"WAY!!!" :D
20120904_125414.jpg

20120904_130543.jpg

As I was running out the door at the time, I only got a chance for a quick couple pulls. Glanced at the directions, which confirmed my thoughts on use (pretty idiot proof). As the directions said, it was up to heat, in 5 minutes and whoa! Nice big, flavorful hit. The hand-free works as advertised. Didn't have any need to tilt it, or lay it on its side. After sucking up the herb and making sure it was settled, stuck the whip on, starting inhaling INSTANT vapor. More than I was expecting. As with the HI, as close-to a one-hitter as you can get.

I've read the knocks on VB. I think they're a little unfair. They helped make an entire industry and are the most copied vape on the market. Why? Because its a design that still works and works well. The hands-free, is honestly the only innovation, I can see them lacking... which was obviously rectified. Its got great free-flowing vapor and not a hint of combustion. Just a nice even browning.

I'll add more, as I enjoy my new rig.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
So, after kicking myself in the head for several days with HIsaber Sumac, I decided to focus on my Vapor Brothers Hands Free.

Wow! Does this thing get a bad knock. In short, a thoroughly enjoyable, relaxing, extremely efficient (10+ pulls per load) and very smooth vapor experience. I concede the angle problem that some have pointed out. However, I see this is a problem with some other vapes, such as the DBV also. A vape that gets stellar marks. Well, I can't see why the VB doesn't get those same marks.

I'm using the same grind I use in my HIsaber Sumac. Coarse grind, fluffy and vapes an even brown. The VB HF will turn everything into a very even, deep dark brown. Though, in in my experience, HIsabers can brown it a bit more. However, I haven't pushed the VB HF past 12 o'clock.

I start out at 12 until its warm, which is a pleasantly quick 5 minutes. Then, before I insert the whip, I bump it down to about 11, for the first pull and 9:30 - 10 for the rest. At the end, I'll kick it back up to 12.

After the first 3-4 hits, vapor takes a bit more time to build up. This is where you really notice how draw speed (air flow) effects your vapor. The VB makes a VERY good mixture and soon after you start pulling on what you might assume, is a AVB load at this time, returns another 4 milky and tasty hits. I pull the whip after the 2nd pull, dump and stir. Then I'll stir after every 2 hits. I leave the whip inserted, otherwise. Since you're not drawing that air through and the element has some distance between itself and the herb... it doesn't get hot enough. Once you start the draw however, within seconds... you're pulling a nice milky cloud.

As I've said. I think Vapor Brothers gets a bum rap and this vape doesn't get enough credit. Its the most copied vape, in the history of vapes, for a reason... besides, its easy to build. The design works. It works well. Other than the common angle complaint, there isn't anything I could ask them to do, to improve on it. Smooth, easy, extremely low drag pull off a whip and one of the best vapes for tasting your strains.

While there isn't any visual temp control other than a chart they supply with the unit and markings on the dial, but its not numeral indicators. Finding the right temp, is easy, just adjust off the 1st couple pulls. Once set, temperature stays ROCK steady. These units, do NOT fluctuate temp (which is a big hit on the knock-offs).

The medication takes, with a pleasant easing you into whatever state you need to be in. A very casual and relaxing way to vape.

Solid A. Would be A+, if not for the angle issue, like the DBV. Haven't found any other fault in it, to knock it down. Its exceeded my expectations.

VapeSpace

At BigDaddyVapor, what a great story and review to boot! Confirms my suspicions that VaporBrothers are a top notch company that cares about their customers.

I have been using a Vaporbrothers for years now and it disappoints me to see all the knocks they take here and elsewhere. I'm sure some of the knocks come from people that used the knockoffs thinking they were using a VB. I've been more than satisfied with my VB, even after trying other friends vaporizers (volcano, extreme Q (way too many parts), zephyr (the plastic smell gave me a headache), and too many to even remember). I feel the VB conserves my herb better than the fan driven vapes I've used but I'm sure that's up for debate with other people.

As for the goofy angel, it all goes back to basic physics and the fact that heat rises. I've realized for years that the box is designed to allow the heat to escape and not damage any of the electronics inside. Many people overlook this simple fact and Silver Surfer did a good job addressing the angel but I still prefer the organic look and feel of me beloved VB.

Thanks again BigDaddyVapor for shedding some positive light on the Vaporbrothers.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
It really is a great unit. I had it set up on my bed table last night. Loaded up a nice Indica. Grabbed my SSFG and just a nice chill time getting to where I wanted to be. Performace-wise, I think it warrants to $199 price tag, people complain about. It operates as well as any $200 vape I've tried.

Plus, I would love to sit down with ANY person that has had a bad experience with one of the knock-offs and introduce them to the real deal. In fact, when I go back over to my friends' house next week, I'm taking the VB with me this time. They like to sit around and play card. They're going to love being able to just pass the glass around the table and hit off it. I'll have them lit, in no time flat.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: placetime

vaporbrothers

Manufacturer
I have an Original Vapor Bros vaporizer, and it has a 5 digit serial number on the bottom, as opposed to the 6 digit serial numbers that are on all Vapor Bros vaporizers that were made from 2007 until now. My Vapor Bros also does not have the same heating component as the ones they sell now. The heating component in my vape looks a lot like the HotBox heating component. Does anyone know what it's made out of? Ceramic Nichrome? Lead? Is it RoHS? Thanks

Oh I just saw this, sorry didn't reply sooner. Your vaporizer has the old metal heating element we used from 2001ish on. It looks like the heater in a lot of knockoffs because they were copying what we were doing at the time, of course. ;) So.... is it safe? Heck, we were as anal then as now about controlling the materials & processes that have to do with anything you're inhaling. The heater gets red hot inside, so there is no room for us to use anything but the purest metals (like steel and mica) and none of the funky stuff that typically goes inside heaters (plastics, resins, etc). We limited the number of materials in the heater so we could keep closer track of everything. The heating wire was Nichrome (there is no alternative there) that was carefully sourced from a major distributor instead of a backwoods dealer. For RoHS, I think that doesn't apply to this type of heater but if it did, we'd probably pass with flying colors.

Your metal heating element is favored by some because it heats the air instantly and hits strong. Our ceramic heater is "smoother" and gives wonderful hits, but the ceramic is not as much a conductor of heat as the metal, so there's a little delay at first.

Any time you want to send your vaporizer in for repair, we'll replace out the insides and send it back with the upgraded everything. Go to vaporbrothers.com and print the repair form and ask me any questions on the contact page.

vaporbrothers,

sydnee

Vaporus Majorus
I got my Vapor Brothers hands free unit yesterday and, being the germaphobe that I am, had to rinse and clean the whip with some ISO before using it. I did that thurs afternoon. It's now late friday night and there are still ISO droplets in the whip. At first I thought it was just condensations, but when I tried to suck up some herb into the bowl, I got a super nasty hit of full-on rubbing alcohol into my mouth and lungs. :( Bad times.

So my questions is, is there any way to get that ISO out of the tubing? I would have thought it should be dry by now. Maybe the fact that I used ISO that's only 70% has something to do with it? Idk...

Anyway, I'm dying to use my new vape, but not at the risk on inhaling rubbing alcohol into my body.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

sydnee,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I rinse everything with water after an ISO bath. Don't know what to tell you, if you're a germaphobe however. Get 91%, less water volume, so it will evaporate easier/faster.

I pulled everything out of the box, hooked it up and started vaping.

But, I'm a firm believer in and preach the 10-second rule (if food hits the ground and you grab it within 10 seconds, its still good to eat. M&Ms are an exception, because of the hard candy shell, long as its not cracked, its subjective).

BigDaddyVapor,
Top Bottom