Gear Vapor Swing Titanium Skillet

captainhits

Retailer
Does anyone have experience or opinions on the Vapor Swing? They've been around in the underground scene for a little while. It's used to vaporize concentrates, especially BHO.

After one use I was hooked and started carrying them on our website I was so impressed. I understand completely why this won first place at the '09 Cannabis Cup. (If this vape already has a thread please advise.)

Basically you heat the Ti pad red hot with a torch, swing the arm down and dab the concentrate onto the pad. It flash vaporizes and gives a thick white pure tasty vapor hit that brings you to your knees. :ko:

45degree.jpg

90degree.jpg

captainhits,

minnesnowta

Vaporist/Glass Head
That's also kwown as a curve or a swing. Many glass blowers are making these now and there's actually two worked ones for sale in the sell your vaporizer thread. The design was made by HMK if im not mistaken and now pretty much any glass blower can make one for you as long as they have the TI.

Check out spidermans oil extravaganza and the boil that oil thread for pictures and alotta talk about oil

minnesnowta,

StickyShisha2

i don't like the look of that Ti pad. How is it held to the swing arm? Some early ones would fall off when heated to cherry red. :o

The newer ones have the swing arm wrapping around the pad.

StickyShisha2,

lwien

How safe is that ti when heated up that high? Are we inhaling things we shouldn't?

lwien,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Titanium boils at 3287C, some people have been vaping bho off of ti for over 5 years daily with no ill effects.

vapor swing has not made them with the pad being welded to the swing arm for awhile im pretty sure..

Survivalism,

obelisk

Idiot (no relation to the Savants)
Survivalism said:
Titanium boils at 3287C, some people have been vaping bho off of ti for over 5 years daily with no ill effects.

vapor swing has not made them with the pad being welded to the swing arm for awhile im pretty sure..
there is more to it than if bits of the vape or equipment itself is being vaped. the question is whether heating the ti to a cherry red would mean a temperature so high that you are vaporizing toxins off your bud..

obelisk,

aero18

vaporist
In solid metal form, it is very inert. We use it in our chem labs all the time. Because of this, I think it is one of few, or the only metal, that is completely safe for humans.

aero18,

lwien

Survivalism said:
If it's not welded to the swing, how is it attached?

lwien,

captainhits

Retailer
StickyShisha said:
i don't like the look of that Ti pad. How is it held to the swing arm? Some early ones would fall off when heated to cherry red. :o

The newer ones have the swing arm wrapping around the pad.
The patent owner told me they now use pure titanium for the rod/swing the same as the pad, and are welded with a special type of machine unlike a normal weld. It's welded into basically one piece. I dont think its going anywhere. We guarantee them if purchased from us www.gratefulbuys.com. I've seen some wrapped too but the Vapor Swing brand is all welded I believe: vaporswing.com.

aero18 said:
In solid metal form, it is very inert. We use it in our chem labs all the time. Because of this, I think it is one of few, or the only metal, that is completely safe for humans.
I think you are right aero18. I was told that it's safe below something like 5000 degrees which I would guess is much hotter than we would ever get it. About to skillet up some goo now. :)

024rn.jpg

011ij.jpg

captainhits,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
obelisk said:
Survivalism said:

there is more to it than if bits of the vape or equipment itself is being vaped. the question is whether heating the ti to a cherry red would mean a temperature so high that you are vaporizing toxins off your bud..
Uh no considering vaping BHO doesnt involve any plant matter, toxins, or bud i think you may be confused.

EDIT: To lwein, the one in the pic is definitely welded, i have seen some vapor swings that are wrapped but apparently they have got the welding thing down.

Survivalism,

captainhits

Retailer
Milky said:
Is it really vapor, does it contain tar? Skillet rips seem more like smoke to me.

there is no plant matter to burn if you make it right.

captainhits,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
captainhits:
do you heat your vaporswing from the top or bottom?
how long is vaporswing guaranteed for?

vaporswing.com does not work for me...

also, could you tell me what sort of return rates you get with your bho runs? in other words, how much do you need to put in, in order to get X amount of bho, out?

notmyrealUSERname,

notmyrealUSERname

Notmy Well-Known Member
B. said:
id say 10 to 20% is the standard yield

sooooo worth it

i have heard this too! however, i have only ever been able to achieve 6 - 9 % which has been slightly disheartening.

notmyrealUSERname,

B.

War Criminal
i dont usually get more than 15%, more often closer to 12%, but i run whole nugs when i can. I grind it up after and get a little more oil. not a lot, but worth doin a run.

I just got a kut curve about a month ago, it is great. I still love my dome, but i'm glad i have the curve too.

I want to try a quartz pad next.and a ti nail.

B.,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
I was thinking of getting one of these for reclaim oil. After much research, I think I will get the Essential Vape H20. they are $60 on EBay and come with several attachments for different gongs, all in a nice package. I like the green one to match my green Gear bong :)

Tstat,

OO

Technical Skeptical
i would think the hot metal would combust the concentrate, and would stick to the low temp-stuff (<450*F)

OO,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
there should never be any cherry or ash, i think it's a flash phase change to vapor. Whether there is any possible shadiness from the high temp is questionable, but i say minimal at worst.

I'd say good bho tastes if anything better / stronger than vapor and not at all like smoke.

I'd like to come into some even better starting material, the most i've gotten is about 12%.

rabblerouser,
Reactions: Jared

akwardsauce

gold all in my chains...dont believe me just watch
ya i was always very confused about this also (have not been lucky enough to try this before, though)...

even though you are working with concentrates and stuff, it still seems like burning (combustion) rather than vaporization. oils can and do burn at certain temperatures.

i would like to know for sure what this process is called before buying into this...i have commented on youtube vids of oilers asking them if theyre vaping or smoking & different answers have said either choice...this tells me that at least one of the people that i asked doesnt know the right answer.

does anyone know for sure and maybe have a quick way to explain why/how it is?

does it all depend on your personal timing (getting it too hot & it smokes vs. getting it hot enough to vaporize)?

akwardsauce,

stroh

errl enthusiast
yes it depends on timing to get perfect vaporization down, i always wait for the TI to cool down from red hot, though sometimes i actually prefer my hits a little "smokey" when i want to feel more CBDs and CBNs

stroh,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Enjoying mine from www.gratefulbuys.com mentioned earlier in this thread. Not something I bust out every day but its a nice tool and works well. Thanks to the other folks on the torches thread I decided on an original Blazer Torch. Good price and prime delivery from amazon and I was in business.

dropped right in my 14.4mm - tree perc - 12 incher

ru_frothi,

Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
I've also been wondering about this method since hmk first developed them. However I live in Canada and getting to the top of hmks list was not easy, and so getting one of these curves was very rare for a long time. I was finally managed to order one a month or 2 ago to give this a shot.

IME I have found this to more of a vaping process than combustion. However when first getting the hang of it I definately had a few hits where I didn't let the pad cool down enough and got a hit or 2 that were a little smokey. I now heat the pad to red and then let it cool for about 10 seconds or so once it stops glowing. With proper technique I do believe it is a flash vaporization of your oils, I am able to achieve the high and taste I always aimed for back when I would actually combustion oil ontop of ashes in a bong, etc. U can also visually observe the oil bubbling and turning to vapour, no soot or anything remains on the pad (unless u use bunk errl I assume) and no glowing embers of any kind, even when too hot. Fwiw I'm very sensitive to smoke and even vapor that's too warm, and this technique meets my standards.

Mr. Smoke No More,
Top Bottom