Gear Vapor Swing Titanium Skillet

weedemon

enthusiast
i bought my pad from Gratefulbuys, (49 bucks on sale) in the summer sometime, and it's one of my favourite pieces of equipment now! it is definitely the device that gets me the most ripped.

1 nice dab and im already flying! :ko:

weedemon,

dannite

Durden's Own
I just got one of these, have some problems. Maybe you guys can help.

1 - my hits are super airy. When I suck hard enough that I don't lose any vapor, I get a lot of extra air, so I'm not getting the thick hits that must be DELICIOUS.

2 - because of #1 my lungs fill up fast, so I can't take great hits

3 - even though I am heating the skillet red hot, there is residual left after I remove the dabber when I am done breathing in. So it keeps releasing vapor after I am done with the hit, making more odor that necessary and wasting concentrate.

any thoughts?

Thanks [4]

dannite,
smaller dabs? :rolleyes: Maybe a v3 titanium dabber! They are shaped like an exacto-knife so it might helped to churn up that oil and reduce some of that extra residue your getting.

What is the quality of BHO, and how long do you let the skillet set after red hot before dabbing?

biojuggernaut,

dannite

Durden's Own
The concentrate is silly putty made from the Ocean Breeze Truth strain. I got it from one of the best dispensaries in the Sacramento area, so I know the quality is not in question.

I am hitting it about 3-5 seconds after it being in the red hot state.

Thanks for the feedback.

dannite,

eLiguL

Anything left on your skillet is never good, it usually means impurities.

If your dab is still going(residual?) and your lungs are full, maybe take smaller dabs?

Or perhaps use a smaller glass piece to reduce the amount of air you are taking in?

eLiguL,

manchild

Vapourist
I get annoyed with little bits of vapor escaping out the side when using a skillet and find that to avoid vapor loss I also need to draw faster than usual.

Using a nail and dome setup there is no such problem. Nothing escapes and i can slowly milk the glass piece regardless of its size.

manchild,

stroh

errl enthusiast
all y'all complaining about airy hits, must never have used a curve made by the man himself HMK, or are using much too big of a tube/water piece.

stroh,

weedemon

enthusiast
dannite said:
I just got one of these, have some problems. Maybe you guys can help.

1 - my hits are super airy. When I suck hard enough that I don't lose any vapor, I get a lot of extra air, so I'm not getting the thick hits that must be DELICIOUS.

2 - because of #1 my lungs fill up fast, so I can't take great hits

3 - even though I am heating the skillet red hot, there is residual left after I remove the dabber when I am done breathing in. So it keeps releasing vapor after I am done with the hit, making more odor that necessary and wasting concentrate.

any thoughts?

Thanks [4]

how big is your bong? smaller bongs are better imo for this job.

there is a lil residual on my pad when im done, but it's very minimal. like a darker stain. shitty oil (full of impurities) will leave more behind. sounds like htats not the problem

when you heat your pad you let it cool so that it looks normal again before you put your dabs on it right?

stroh said:
all y'all complaining about airy hits, must never have used a curve made by the man himself HMK, or are using much too big of a tube/water piece.

yep i think you nailed it :p

the smaller piece. (not that i know what your using, but i found the smaller glass is optimal for oil hits) right now im rocking a 100ml ehle for my oil rig. cheap and works great.

weedemon,

dannite

Durden's Own
While not as small as the one you link to, my bong is close in size. Its not huge. I hope to find a small bubbler with a 14.4 coupler to use it on. Having a hard time finding a simple bub like this:
http://www.univacgroup.com/vapor_bubbler_swing.JPG

Yah, I'm letting it cool down.

I modified my swing to bring the skillet closer to the bell, that has helped. In the end, I think I really just need to get one of those newer designed swings where the skillet almost touches the bell and you dab through a hole in the side of the bell.

dannite,

stroh

errl enthusiast
or get an actual HMK curve, notice how thick the air path is on those clear noname curves, and then check out an HMK, notice how much thinner the air path is, meaning milkier hits, and less vapor lost.

vapor_bubbler_swing.JPG

HMK_Fire_Retticello_45_14mm_Curve_001__94591_zoom.jpg

stroh,

dannite

Durden's Own
Good point - mine is definitely one of the cheap ones (though I did verify that the griddle was real titanium). I wouldn't have thought that fine differences like that (air pathway size) would matter, but after finding a much better experience after bending the wire to reposition the griddle (both for proximity and to deal with me being left-handed), I am certainly ready to believe that will make all the difference.

I'll look forward to when I can get a better piece of equipment. In your opinion, should I give traditional nail setups a try, or is the swing setup generally superior in your experience?

dannite,

SD_haze

dannite said:
though I did verify that the griddle was real titanium
You dont just want to verify that it has titanium, but pure titanium.
Almost all the cheap ones arent pure TI

Low quality
049-150x150.jpg

99% TI
193-300x284.jpg

apparently if a magnet sticks to it, its not going to be very safe to use (contains copper/aluminum)

SD_haze,

dannite

Durden's Own
Mine won't stick a magnet, but it is definitely like the first one, not the second. Gotta upgrade. My current one I got for free after smoking out a head shop clerk. You get what you pay for...

edit: and by free I don't mean I stole it.

dannite,

SD_haze

dannite said:
Mine won't stick a magnet, but it is definitely like the first one, not the second. Gotta upgrade. My current one I got for free after smoking out a head shop clerk. You get what you pay for...

edit: and by free I don't mean I stole it.

One more thing to look for if you do upgrade, make sure the pad itself is wrapped like this and not just a metal rod soldered directly to the pad @ the end
PJ-product.jpg

SD_haze,

dannite

Durden's Own
Yah, I've heard of the soldered ones popping off. I like the idea of the key shaped wrapped skillet or the square skillet that is wire wrapped.

dannite,

CHEI

Medical Cannabis Inspector
My skillet looks a lot more like the first picture but magnet doesnt stick to pad or Pad attachment. It my titanium safe or so I need a better/real piece of titanium?

CHEI,

Ace0070

I got a ti pad bell swing, the ti pad is non magnetic, but the wire attaching it to the bell is (steel wire or something) how bad is this? where shall i find titanium wiring..local hardware I suppose.

Ace0070,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
I have heard you can grade 2 ti bicycle spokes and that some manufacturers even use it for their swings

Puffers,

Ace0070

so there is bike spokes you can test with a magnet and use for the skillet? Sounds good to me.. time to search.. Any other places?

Ace0070,

farscaper

Since your not heating the wire I would say leave it. Stainless Steel wire is fine IMO its the Ti pad that counts!:2c::peace:

farscaper,
Reactions: survyvr
Top Bottom