Discontinued Vapolution 2.0

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
So I've got a friend of mine who has decided she wants to get off the popper shaft and into vaping. Since money is a bit of a consideration for her, I was thinking this vape with the FC discount would be the best option for her.

Quick question though, what is up with this pellet stuff? Is it nessesary, or can you just rip off chunks and vape them herbalaire style? Also, how is the whip it comes with? It looks like vinyl.
CentiZen:

The VAPOLUTION is a cheap vaporizer however taste amazing.
The All In Wonder Bowl (Glass) is amazing.
This is what I use.
Vapor Barrel you can add later.
I love this thing.

For introduction to the vaping world this device has flavor.

Tear off a nugget from a COLA and load.
Pretty easy actually.

If he's a smoker start at 11 O'Clock and adjust from there.

I like 9 O'Clock Dry.
10 O'Clock wet.

Everyone is different so start him high and let him find his sweet spot?

ataxian,
Reactions: Mr. Dabs

exit

So I've got a friend of mine who has decided she wants to get off the popper shaft and into vaping. Since money is a bit of a consideration for her, I was thinking this vape with the FC discount would be the best option for her.

Quick question though, what is up with this pellet stuff? Is it nessesary, or can you just rip off chunks and vape them herbalaire style? Also, how is the whip it comes with? It looks like vinyl.

I am personally not a big fan of the AIW bowl I bought it because I love a good whip vape.
The whip is good but it is very stiff. Have a mug of boiling water nearby to soften it up and attach onto the bowl.

Pellet just refers to the shape of the nug that fits in the bowl so yes if it fits and isn't so dense that it blocks airflow then you can just rip off chunks and put them in yep.

exit,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I am personally not a big fan of the AIW bowl I bought it because I love a good whip vape.
The whip is good but it is very stiff. Have a mug of boiling water nearby to soften it up and attach onto the bowl.

Pellet just refers to the shape of the nug that fits in the bowl so yes if it fits and isn't so dense that it blocks airflow then you can just rip off chunks and put them in yep.
I like the all glass of the AIW BOWL. However I am a medical user and FLAVOR CHASER first above all else. However I like a good whip session to mix it up. I switch from one vaporizer to the next but always end up having a session with the VAPOLUTION. The loading of Whole Nuggets I love. I grind for my other vapes as well as make nuggets. Like I said I mix it up. Also being in CALIFORNIA we have CANNABIS galore so mixing up vaporizing methods is necessary!
I have a short whip with a VAPOR BARREL that is very very smooth and so sweet if that matters?

Last edited:

vapirtoo

I've been rocking this thing hard daily for a year now, and it still amazes me.

My only complaint is that I have left my loaded stem in the heating vape, and have
wandered off only to wonder who is burning herb.... oh shit ! :doh:
I have done this at least four times this year.
Maybe I need a leash cut off like on a ski-doo.
Oh yeah I hate grinding! If It ain't a nugget, fugget! :rofl:

exit

I've been rocking this thing hard daily for a year now, and it still amazes me.

My only complaint is that I have left my loaded stem in the heating vape, and have
wandered off only to wonder who is burning herb.... oh shit ! :doh:
I have done this at least four times this year.
Maybe I need a leash cut off like on a ski-doo.
Oh yeah I hate grinding! If It ain't a nugget, fugget! :rofl:

I've had this happen to me too plenty of times already, haha. I tend to be forgetful/distracted while vaping...'

However it's so efficient that I have no problem stiting there from start to finish trying to get all the vapor out!

Mr. Dabs

I think we need a "bowl holder" to allow the bowl to lay on when taking a break. Right now, if I'm having a sesh and I want to type something on the computer or do something OTHER than taking a hit, I have to pull the AIWB out and lay it on the table with the "hot end" sticking out.

This is not really a very good idea PLUS, it's easy to forget. I think we've all wondered if our neighbors had taken up smoking weed when we suddenly realize it's...US!

I'm thinking of rigging up, using some heavy gauge wire, a bowl holder which will consist of a loop of wire fitting around the tapered black shroud of the VAPO and then two bent loop "holders" to lay the AIWB on.

Do you guys have any thoughts on this? I think some sort of "cooling stand" for the bowls would go along way to increasing the usefulness of this vape.

Mr. Dabs,

Mr. Dabs

So, I've MacGiver'ed something, but I'm not entirely satisfied with it, yet, so I'll wait until I perfect it to upload a photo. However, in the interest in the free exchange of ideas, I'm going to describe it so anyone who chooses to do so can.

Basically, it's boneheaded simple. Get a test tube, strap it to the outside of the black housing with a couple of cable ties. That's it! When you wish to take your bowl out of the heater, do so, but put it in the external test tube.

I had a larger test tube around the house which I'm using, but I'm waiting to get one closer to the size of the one used in the internal heater of the VAP2. I also plan on taking some nomex (from an old OvGlove) and placing a strip between the test tube and the plastic housing. Probably not necessary, but I'm experimenting.

[note to mods, I realize I made back-to-back posts, but I don't no how to merge]

Mr. Dabs,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Basically, it's boneheaded simple.]
That's my point and it is cheap and works.
I have a quiver or vaporizers and use them all.

The VAPOLUTION is a good entry level vaporizer for the medical marijuana patient.

I'm not recommending this to a RECREATION USER.

I love it then again I'm a MMP!

But Dabs I understand how you must feel?

My friends who have smoked joints since he 70's would never vaporizer with any device.

I'm a flavor chaser and my friends think I'm a light weight!

Maybe I am?

ataxian,

Mr. Dabs

Ataxian, I'm what I like to refer to as a "hybrid" user in the sense that I am a legit Cali MMP, but also very much simply enjoy Cannabis. I was also a rec user many years ago, and became a MM patient about 5 years ago when certain "conditions of age" as I like to refer to them, started to come upon me. I hadn't smoked at all in about 6 or 7 years, and not regularly for about 10. When I first started as a MMJ patient, I was combusting, mainly in glass bongs and bubblers. I even got myself one of those "herb irons", which are pretty cool, BTW. I've been an endurance athlete all my life (part of the reason I'm beat all to hell) and I really wanted to keep my lung capacity up.

Anyway, long story a bit less long, I discovered vaping here about a year or so ago, did it on and off with mainly the MFLB, but have been vaping exclusively (along with concentrate dabs) since about April.

I have burned a j a few times with friends, just to be sociable, but frankly I don't like smoking/combustion at all. Vaping, IMHO, makes one realize that you can really, really enjoy Cannabis without stinking the place up with combustion.

I like glass on glass. I CAN tell the difference. What I'd really like is the VAP2 in MFLB size (or slightly larger.) I've actually contemplated buying another VAP2 and tearing this one apart just to see if I could re-design it smaller.

Yes, all the fancy computer-controlled heat elements and digital read-outs and gee-gaws that do everything but give you a handjob are nice, but really, once you get your vape on, you can pretty much do a lot with a simple design with a potentiometer and breath control.

Mr. Dabs,

max

Out to lunch
Mr. Dabs said:
What I'd really like is the VAP2 in MFLB size (or slightly larger.) I've actually contemplated buying another VAP2 and tearing this one apart just to see if I could re-design it smaller.
Hard to downsize the heating chamber. It's test tube size and shape, with the nichrome heater wire wrapping it. You also need space for the electronics.

Yes, all the fancy computer-controlled heat elements and digital read-outs and gee-gaws that do everything but give you a handjob are nice, but really, once you get your vape on, you can pretty much do a lot with a simple design with a potentiometer and breath control.
The Vapolution is a simple design and one of the oldest that's still selling in today's world of crappy converted e-cigs and ultra expensive models. We need to keep the truth alive- some $100 vapes (I still use my Magic Flights) are truly high performance as well as bargains. They just require a little more expertise and attention to the vaping process.

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I've been an endurance athlete all my life (part of the reason I'm beat all to hell) and I really wanted to keep my lung capacity up.

Dabs I guess I just misunderstood?

I was a athlete since I was a young boy.

I was a recreation user during the 70's and in HAWAII from 77 to 81 was crazy!

Went to college and became corporate.

3 decades no CANNABIS.

After begin diagnosed with SPINAL CEREBELLAR ATAXIA 11/2010 my journey began.

I'll save you my boring story and give you a quick summary:

MFLB was my first Vaporizer. (Good at first however the taste for me was horrible after the 2nd rip)
So I got in to concentrates and the W9-TECH products work great for this direction.

However missing flowers I smokeD a joint with my surfer buddies.

COUGH! COUGH! COUGH!

I could not handle it!

The VAPOLUTION was cheap and tasted pleasant!

I don't need to spend $500 to vaporize.

However I agree with you Dabs a smaller one would be nice.

That's why I use the NANO for water pipe maddness!

Taste like the VAPOLUTION with a small footprint!

FLOWERS
VAPOLUTION = DRY
NANO = WET
SOLO = DRIVER (PA)
CONCENTRATES
PERSEI, OMNICROM, PHOS

Last edited:
ataxian,

Mr. Dabs

Hard to downsize the heating chamber. It's test tube size and shape, with the nichrome heater wire wrapping it. You also need space for the electronics.

Yes, all true, but I'm thinking that at least a size reduction to that of, say, a log vape might not be out of the question?

I guess what I'm thinking about, and perhaps I may do it myself, though I don't know if a simple vape still has marketability, is a log vape form factor with the internals of the VAP2.

The Vapolution is a simple design and one of the oldest that's still selling in today's world of crappy converted e-cigs and ultra expensive models. We need to keep the truth alive- some $100 vapes (I still use my Magic Flights) are truly high performance as well as bargains. They just require a little more expertise and attention to the vaping process.

I think that the expensive vapes are very cool...and if I had unlimited resources, I'd get myself a Cloud, a Sub, and the new Herbalizer. But certainly hope that the $100-$350 vapes still get the development/engineering love they deserve.

Sometimes these markets reflect what CAN be charged, not what SHOULD be charged. I will say, though, in VXH's favor, they've endeavored to keep their new product at a reasonable level for early adopters and kudos, obviously, to Vapolution for providing such a killer vape at a good price point.

Mr. Dabs,

Mr. Dabs

Dabs I guess I just misunderstood?

No worries, man, I always like what you post! I think we just got "off track" regarding my test tube strapped to the side mod. I was saying IT was boneheaded simple (though the VAP2 is as well, which is why I like it so much!)

No doubt, the MFLB doesn't taste as good, for as long, as the VAP2 does. MFLB, I can eek out 2, maybe 4 really tasty hits, then they start getting a bit more "smokey", this is especially true with the new batteries. 'nuff said about it, don't want to get in trouble for talking about one vape in another vape's thread ;) But it's all good. I love my LB, but the VAP2 just tastes so good.

I still think it might be fun to create a log vape with an all-glass path. Which I think can be done by essentially "paring down" the VAP2.

Airlesscoma

The key is balance
Well my buddy's Vapo2 arrived on thursday. Our very first bowl on it was as expected a little weak. However every single other bowl we have done on it has been amazing! It surprises me the density of the hits the vapo2 can produce. My buddy who is the owner of this vape was primarily a combuster, he would only vape when he hung out with me. My buddy absolutely loves this thing! He is able to achieve a cleaner "high" while conserving and maintaining stealth indoors.:spliff:

Overall I have to say this is one of the best starter vapes out there.:2c:

vapirtoo

Stu, Tweek,
Do you guys realize that both of you have the exact same message count on your last posts.
Freaky!
Starter vape!? Sheeit This is it for me for a long time to come.
Maybe some glass.

Mr. Dabs

Yep, VAP2 FTW! Just love his thing. I do appreciate Stu's pointer to the Bud Toaster. I will check it out, thanks.

Mr. Dabs,
Reactions: Stu

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
The Bud Toaster is essentially a Vapolution2 log vape that is battery powered. The thread makes for a great read on the development/evolution of a vaporizer.

:peace:

Thanks for the shout-out ... but, well, the Bud Toaster has computer temperature control and temperature display, and the herb bowl is not upside down.

But if i were going to buy a desktop unit, the Vapolution2 is what i'd get, and is what i recommend.

Hippie Dickie,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Thanks for the shout-out ... but, well, the Bud Toaster has computer temperature control and temperature display, and the herb bowl is not upside down.

But if i were going to buy a desktop unit, the Vapolution2 is what i'd get, and is what i recommend.
I didn't want to get too into the weeds about the differences, which is why I used the word "essentially" (admittedly a poor choice of words).

Thanks for clarifying! :tup:

:peace:

Stu,
Top Bottom